FITT M Power Challenge - Mystery Solved - Congratulations to the Winners

Discussion in 'GT6 Tuning' started by shaunm80, May 28, 2015.

1. fordracer

fordracer

T
    Great reviews Bowtie. Thanks for testing.

2. Brewguy44

Brewguy44 Premium

I got all 3 cars but The Nurb is one and done and I agree with you The Nurb is just :crazy: one little mistake and reset back to the beginning. This Sucks Smiley 1.jpg Doh.jpg

I took the SRT Tomahawk X to the SSX track and got it up to 380 mph :eek: In my stats category This is my new fastest car!!! :tup: 5260.gif

Otaliema, TurnLeft, sinof1337 and 4 others like this.
  3. sinof1337

sinof1337

Were you using the low drag mode? I played with the tranny and was hitting 415 coming down the hill, 412 on the back stretch.

@Bowtie-muscle .009 separating the top two, thats insane! Great reviews as always.

shaunm80, Otaliema, TurnLeft and 2 others like this.
  4. Brewguy44

Brewguy44 Premium

No I used the stock trans, my R1 is the brake so I can't do that and if you don't mind me asking what did you set your trans at?

I'd like to try it :tup:

Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
    Otaliema, TurnLeft and Bowtie-muscle like this.
  5. sinof1337

sinof1337

Ignore what the game says; Low drag is set to whatever your nitro/boost button is(in my case it was square). I think I'm going to post the car to my garage in a day or so, but I believe my transmission was Max Final>Min Speed>Max All Gears>Final 4.050

6. Otaliema

Otaliema

Good solid driving there sir. Glad you enjoyed my car...or did you??? Time will tell.

7. Motor City Hami

Motor City Hami

Tester results are making me smile so far. :) I had enough time to build a tune that I liked, but wasn't quite ready to put a ring on her finger.

8. ALB123

ALB123

There is one thing I'm noticing when I compare my submitted times with the other tester's submitted times: I am not driving the M4's well at all. There seems to be a much bigger gap with my M4 times and that surprises me. It's funny when I read the comments of other testers. Like, @Bowtie-muscle and I wrote the same exact thing about a particular car. "It felt faster than it was", or something to that effect. At least it makes me feel like I'm not hallucinating! :D :lol:

9. shaunm80

shaunm80

Thank you for the review. A great time you achieved in my tune. Very consistent times all around.

10. Bowtie-muscle

Bowtie-muscle

Top two tunes were pretty much a dead heat for me. Both extremely fast, but very different. Those tuners did a phenomenal job.

Otaliema, chrisspeed281 and shaunm80 like this.
  11. chrisspeed281

chrisspeed281

Thanks for your testing :)

Otaliema, shaunm80 and Bowtie-muscle like this.
  12. brian wolf

brian wolf

13. xande1959

xande1959

Bowtie-muscle congratulate.
    your comments and all testers and contributes much to the tuners.
    a transmission, brakes. corners. etc. good job good performance as well.:bowdown::cheers::tup:

14. ugabugaz

ugabugaz

15. chrisspeed281

chrisspeed281

Thanks for the review . i'm happy you like my tune

fordracer likes this.
  16. shaunm80

shaunm80

How are the other testers getting on? I think a few of you have finished or nearing completion of testing. If you have not yet started or need more time, let me or Bowtie know. :)

17. Otaliema

Otaliema

@shaunm80 @Bowtie-muscle @Otaliema @chrisspeed281 @DolHaus @Brewguy44 @fordracer @DaBomm4 @MrGrado @787bcgr @xande1959 @ugabugaz @brian wolf @Voodoovaj @jblackrevo9 @sinof1337 @Motor City Hami @coryclifford
    Lap times updated from @Bowtie-muscle testing results.
    here is the updated rankings.

GP/F Lap Time Podium
    1 Tuner #3 2:06.872 +00.000
    2 Tuner #11 2:07.020 +0.148
    3 Tuner #14 2:07.546 +0.674
    4 Tuner #7 2:07.618 +0.746
    5 Tuner #18 2:08.016 +1.144

Drivers Choice Podium
    1 Tuner #11 9.35
    2 Tuner #3 9.31
    3 Tuner #10 9.02
    4 Tuner #7 9.01
    5 Tuner #2 8.99

Fastest Lap at GP/F
    2:05.895; Tuner #11's tune Driven By biffa3

Most Consistent Dabomm4 1.865
    Fastest Average biffa3 127.637

Sorry that took so long been busy this week. Was crazy at my house today, cousin came over with her kid, started babysitting another little girl couple months older then mine, and her three brothers hung out here all day. O_o am I insaine? :lol: :odd: it was fun. The boys said that I couldn't fill them up at dinner. Well I did and had left overs :lol: Then I told them I learned how to cook when I was boy scouts so cooking for three "ravenous" boys is easy for me, cause I used to cook for 12-15 teenage boys three times a day :tup: Even their mom was surprised. :D

18. DaBomm4

DaBomm4

It was a weekend, understandable. ;)

19. fordracer

fordracer

I'll try and get posting done tonight.

20. fordracer

fordracer

8 reviews in...5 maybe 6 to go. Check out that point battle! 6th through 12th seperated by just over .2 of a second!

21. Bowtie-muscle

Bowtie-muscle

Top two dogs are battling it out with room behind them, but the DC is going to come down to the wire.:tup:

22. Otaliema

Otaliema

Indeed they are running away with it. But man drivers choice is ridiculously close.

I am withdrawing as an offical tester from the challenge. I am having problems driving the cars. I have a lap time variance that is higher then average for the group and I haven't driven the fastest or slowest cars yet. I will finish up testing for feedback but the lap times will be unofficial. We have had a tester join the group so the over all number of testers will not be affected.

23. shaunm80

shaunm80

Sorry to hear that. Feedback on the tunes will be good though. :)

24. ALB123

ALB123

Has it been established that Tuner #15 will not be participating (submitting a tune)?

fordracer, Otaliema and Bowtie-muscle like this.
  25. shaunm80

shaunm80

Yes, no tune from Tuner 15 has been submitted.

fordracer, Otaliema and Bowtie-muscle like this.
  26. fordracer

fordracer

Well, I guess my part in this is done. I would like to thank all the tuners on a great job. I want each of you to know I did my best to grind everything out of your tune I could get. Some times I was more successful that others. They are all great cars and each has its own personality. I enjoyed my time with each of them. If the reviews sound over critical, I appoligize. That is not my intention, I was just as blunt with mine. Good luck to all.

@shaunm80 @Bowtie-muscle @Otaliema @chrisspeed281 @DolHaus @Brewguy44 @fordracer @DaBomm4 @MrGrado @787bcgr @xande1959 @ugabugaz @brian wolf @Voodoovaj @jblackrevo9 @sinof1337 @Motor City Hami @coryclifford

FITT M Power Challenge Reviews

All testing done at Nürburgring GP/F. Grip set to real.

Tuner #1 - M3 Chrome Line
    Lap Time: 2:11.263 DC: 7.9
    Comments: I had not owned or driven this car till this event. Not sure I'm a fan of any or the '07 M3's. This car had plenty of rear tire spin, would like to have seen more grip in the corner. A little bit of front end push, brakes seemed slow to pull the speed down.

Tuner #2 - M4 Coupe
    Lap Time: 2:11.771 DC:8.2
    Comments: Very good brakes. Not a 7speed fan, but this one was good. Would like to see a little more grip on corner exit and acceleration.

Tuner #3 - M3 GTR
    Lap Time: 2:08.586 DC: 9.7
    Comments: I have owned and driven the GTR's in GT5 and GT6, however I generally avoid them. It seemed anything they could do, the CSL could do easier and more comfortable. This tune really blows that notion away! Great grip/handling, great trans. and brakes. Inspires confidence to push a little harder. Great job.

Tuner #4 – M3 '07
    Lap Time: 2:10.131 DC:8.4
    Comments: Good traction, brakes, and trans., finally found that liked to rotate while on the brakes. Hard to find consistency.

Tuner #5 - 135i Coupe
    Lap Time: 2:12.773 DC: 7
    Comments: Good brakes, great power and trans., maybe too good. Lots of wheel spin and oversteer, when I got it too hook up, the front went tight. Finally found a line it seemed to like. Did my best, Too much car for me I guess. Too bad, I really like this model.

Tuner #6 – M3 '07
    Lap Time: 2:10.806 DC: 8.5
    Comments: Every thing seems ok, power, brakes and trans., but uncomfortable. Eroded confidence. When pushed, seemed to push back.

Tuner #7 - M3 CSL
    Lap Time: 2:09.228 DC: 9.2
    Comments: Favorite model in the game, not my favorite tune. Some low speed understeer, and would like to see a little more grip at corner exit. The brakes did the job, power and trans. were good. Have 3 in my garage that drive just like this. No surprises here.

Tuner #8 – M3 Chrome Line
    Lap Time: 2:12.569 DC: 7.7
    Comments: Brakes spongy and barely up to task, had to brake early, not enough traction to make up for time loss. Wheel spin in the corner, talk it into hooking up and went right to understeer. Tough tune to drive. Probably faster with a different style.

Tuner #9 – M4 Performance Edition
    Lap Time: DC:
    Comments: No tune submitted - Too busy with life

Tuner #10 – M4 Coupe
    Lap Time: 2:10.185 DC: 9
    Comments: Great car, easy to drive. Just a hint of understeer. Good grip under acceleration. Had not owned or driver an M4, but like them. Just wouldn't go any faster for me.

Tuner #11 - M3 CSL
    Lap Time: 2:10.034 DC: 8.8
    Comments: Good brakes and gears. Good transition from brakes to gas. Understeer pop up at the worst of times and ruin lap. A little wheel spin here, a little front end slip there kept it out of the 2:09.xx group.

Tuner #12 – M4 Performance Edition
    Lap Time: 2:11.413 DC: 7.5
    Comments: lots of push in slow corners. Wait forever for it to rotate so you could get back on the gas, when you did though it had good acceleration and grip off the corner that helped save part of the lap time.

Tuner #13 - M3 Chrome Line
    Lap Time: 2:10.709 DC: 8.9
    Comments: Needs careful throttle control in the corners, but it is controllable. Good acceleration and brakes. Nice trans. Best of the breed today.

Tuner #14 - M3 CSL
    Lap Time: 2:09.907 DC: 9.9
    Comments: Nice handling. Predictable, measured, consistent. Power, trans, and grip perfect for this track. Blew a couple laps that would have been in the 8's. My favorite tune. Wish my CSL's were like this. One of them will be shortly.

Tuner #15 – M4 Performance
    Lap Time: DC:
    Comments: No tune submitted

Tuner #16 – M4 Coupe
    Lap Time: 2:10.672 DC: 8.9
    Comments: So...who totaled their primary and entered the wife's car!!?? That is what I kept thinking while I drove this car. Not a bad thing....unless you get caught! Soft, dependable, predictable, and works. Could use a trans up-grade. Liking these M4's.

Tuner #17 - M3 GTR
    Lap Time: 2:11.659 DC: 7.9
    Comments: Wouldn't tune under braking. Needed long brake zones. Heavy!!! Hurt this tune.

Tuner #18 – M3 GTR
    Lap Time: 2:11.092 DC: 8
    Comments:
    Felt heavy. Some understeer. Brakes not to my liking. Drove like a GTR.

27. fordracer

fordracer

Thanks for testing and some real eye poping tines. Great job.

Bowtie-muscle and chrisspeed281 like this.
  28. chrisspeed281

chrisspeed281

Thanks for spend your time with testing and review :tup:

Bowtie-muscle likes this.
  29. shaunm80

shaunm80

Thanks for the review. Great reviews and consistent lap times. Nice work :)

chrisspeed281 and Bowtie-muscle like this.
  30. Bowtie-muscle

Bowtie-muscle

Good job, great review. Thanks for putting the time in.:tup:

chrisspeed281 likes this.