FITT M Power Challenge - Mystery Solved - Congratulations to the Winners

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 843 comments
If anyone feels brave enough to guess whose tune belongs to who once you have finished testing, feel free, we will mark you on your attempt. It seemed to be quite fun last time out so well try it again with this blind test.

Question, being only 6 testers are not tuning, would it be best for at least the ones who are tuning and testing to submit their guesses into the PM?

So without giving anything away about your car allocation :) I am just wondering how everyone is finding the car/track combo for this event. As its my first event (and hopefully not my last!!) I'm interested to see how people feel about the way its been created and any general feelings about "the twist" in this event.

I'm liking it so far. The twist took part of the headache of challenges out. As long @shaunm80 and @Bowtie-muscle balenced the cars this should be a good and tight challenge.

As for me I'm down to 2:14.xxx and I'm not running on correct tires yet :mischievous: After factoring in my speed diff to other posted times and avg tire improvement Im right on track to be pressuring the top dog cars
Yep, it sounds like you are right by me on stock tires. ;) As for the balancing, the ones I tested all seemed to be roughly equal to each other. Fine tuning could have them all running even closer. :cheers:

I'm liking it so far. The twist took part of the headache of challenges out. As long @shaunm80 and @Bowtie-muscle balenced the cars this should be a good and tight challenge.

As for me I'm down to 2:14.xxx and I'm not running on correct tires yet :mischievous:
To be totally honest, Shaun did 99% of the setup and pretesting. I helped with ideas and suggestions, such as checking to see if the 135 fit with the others. I like my selection on this track, great combo in my opinion!

I'm mainly Shaun helper, with the draw and the tunes, moral support and watching the thread. He deserves A TON OF CREDIT for being well organised and prepared being this is his first time hosting. And he's doing a great job. I'm doing my part, but he really deserves the credit. Any blame should be on me, but I don't think there is any.

I had a tune started before this challenge that I've never posted, so I tried it last night after fitting it to the rules. Ran a 2:08.399 After 6 laps. Still getting used to the track with the car.

Really enjoying the car/track combo. I've gotten just under 2:10 so far, but I'm typically a few seconds behind you guys anyways. Kinda sad that I wont be able to post pictures for a month though; I really like how my car looks already. :lol:
I know that feeling, I like the way the color contrasts the sky and wheels gleen in the afternoon sun. Looks really with its tail hanging out

GRIFTER!!!!

Sid note I-A career mode has a 540 SS race at Ascari, good test track to tune at. easy enough to win if you can see it's just after sunset so the track is dark. I can't find a GP/F race in career mode.
Ascari has some corners that are similar to GP/F. Might work well. Whats the pay out per race for that event?

Ascari has some corners that are similar to GP/F. Might work well. Whats the pay out per race for that event?
93.6k per race. the rabbit is an M3 *most of the time*.
Ascari has the same type of corners that are the lap breakers at GP/F and and long enough striaght to test top speed for GP/F.
it's the Tour of Euro race 3 event.

93.6k per race. the rabbit is an M3 *most of the time*.
Ascari has the same type of corners that are the lap breakers at GP/F and and long enough striaght to test top speed for GP/F.
it's the Tour of Euro race 3 event.
Depending on your car allocation, it will buy the car back for you should you win. Great advice indeed :)

@Otaliema, I need a break from my tune because I have put in a good amount of tuning time into this car already, and I found out a side bonus to my tune after I did a random drive with it.

So, I am wondering if anyone is opposed to an idea I had, I am thinking of taking all submitted tunes to a private online lobby and testing the cars in an endurance setting. The main aim is to test tire wear and consistency for each car. I would complete all testing for the challenge first before starting, to make sure I can meet the deadline though.

Depending on your car allocation, it will buy the car back for you should you win. Great advice indeed :)
I think most will be doing more then one race ;) for tuning. found a great setting for every turn except one and it's lap breaker turn too :(

I need a break from my tune because I have put in a good amount of tuning time into this car already, and I found out a side bonus to my tune after I did a random drive with it.

So, I am wondering if anyone is opposed to an idea I had, I am thinking of taking all submitted tunes to a private online lobby and testing the cars in an endurance setting. The main aim is to test tire wear and consistency for each car. I would complete all testing for the challenge first before starting, to make sure I can meet the deadline though.
Sounds great. My car will loose :lol: I'm not tuning it to be nice to tires Im tuning it to be fast, and friendly.

@Otalima, I need a break from my tune because I have put in a good amount of tuning time into this car already, and I found out a side bonus to my tune after I did a random drive with it.

I like the sound of that. Side projects are always fun!

I think most will be doing more then one race ;) for tuning. found a great setting for every turn except one and it's lap breaker turn too :(

Sounds great. My car will loose :lol: I'm not tuning it to be nice to tires Im tuning it to be fast, and friendly.
You have made a tune which is nice to tyres in the past?? I don't remember that one. :dopey:

Back