FITT M Power Challenge - Mystery Solved - Congratulations to the Winners

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 843 comments
2:07.749 so far. Is that good
I have a quick question, has camber changed at all since that Focus competition Motor City Hami held? I remember it being detrimental to grip back then.

Yes but you gotta make sure suspension I good or it won't work well

Last edited:
I have a quick question, has camber changed at all since that Focus competition Motor City Hami held? I remember it being detrimental to grip back then.
it depends entirely on the car and what your looking for. Camber seems to act differently then how I understand it should work.
Front camber induces understeer but improves corner entry response and consistency.
Rear camber induces oversteer and increases settle time for the car after a turn.
In both cases it reduces grip of the tire during acceleration if the wheels in question are drive wheels.

Results have been patchy at best, small gains can be found at <1.0 degrees but no consistent/definable reactions to it being applied in my experience. I feel it is increasing turn in grip/response at the cost of peak mid turn grip, compensating with toe in seems to work but as I said before it isn't consistent (works on some cars but not others) but definitely worth a try when trying to squeeze every advantage. 👍

Guess I gotta push for a 2:06 time!
Keep pushing.. and it might be a good idea to edit your earlier post so you don't have your car identified in there. I fear it is too late though because someone else already quoted it. If the person who quoted it could edit theirs too, that would be awesome.

Th
it depends entirely on the car and what your looking for. Camber seems to act differently then how I understand it should work.
Front camber induces understeer but improves corner entry response and consistency.
Rear camber induces oversteer and increases settle time for the car after a turn.
In both cases it reduces grip of the tire during acceleration if the wheels in question are drive wheels.
ey also behave differently depending on the shocks that each car has and how well those shocks control oscillation.

Not supposed to be mentioning or hinting the car you are tuning. The time seems reasonable though. I have done a 2:27.00x with my tune so far after about 250km of testing and tuning and I usually am a little ahead of most people when comparing lap due to driver skill levels.

I am not skilled enough to be near those times guys! But I am at the fastest time so far with my chosen car, I just need to run away from the car for a while and hope I forget how to drive. ;) Great fun cars on and offline.

Back