FITT M Power Challenge - Mystery Solved - Congratulations to the Winners

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 843 comments
T
@shaunm80 @Bowtie-muscle @Otaliema @chrisspeed281 @DolHaus @Brewguy44 @fordracer @DaBomm4 @MrGrado @787bcgr @xande1959 @ugabugaz @brian wolf @Voodoovaj @jblackrevo9 @sinof1337 @Motor City Hami @coryclifford

My impressions, all tunes tested a minimum of 10 laps, some more. I tried to get the most out of each tune that I could, if my time is lower than your own time, I apologize. Never claimed to be the fastest.

FITT M Power Challenge Reviews

All testing done at Nürburgring GP/F. Grip set to real.

Tuner #1 - M3 Chrome Line
Lap Time: 2:08.352
DC: 8.5
Comments: Good tune, and it kept getting better until lap 4 or 5 and then it maxed out. Brakes worked well, and a little mid corner push depending on my line. Could slide the nose if pushing too much, so I did and used it to my advantage. Early bird test, so it received a 3 lap retest, dropped .15. Well done, I enjoyed this one.

Tuner #2 - M4 Coupe
Lap Time: 2:08.328
DC: 9.0
Comments: Stable and predictable with a touch of exit oversteer which actually helped and made the ride enjoyable. Nothing a little throttle control couldn't fix. I did feel as though I was leaving some time on the track, maybe 1 or 2 tenths. Braking was the key for me as it was fast when I hit the marks but suffered if I missed. Easy in and hard out tune which fits my driving style. Ballast was just enough to help entry and midcorner, but I had to adjust my line on some of the high speed corners. Very Well Done!

Tuner #3 - M3 GTR
Lap Time: 2:06.200
DC: 9.25
Comments: Not going to sugar coat it, I really did not care for this tune for some reason. Bouncy and twitchy, and it walked a fine line. Fast as heck but a little demanding. It found it liked to slide and show off a lot of smoke, brakes were good but finicky. If I broke too late I missed my entry, too early and stopped too short, was not easy to find that sweet spot. On exit, if I got on the throttle too early, it developed a mild push ruining my exit line. This was a fast car, made faster with the tune but not easy. The time does speak for itself though and I likely should have been even faster. Really good TT tune, could set an unbelievable time, just not the type of tune I really enjoy. Was the top dog for a while though, so it has to get some DC love.

Tuner #4 – M3 '07
Lap Time: 2:07.943
DC: 8.75
Comments: Just a really good solid effort here. Every other lap was a new fastest throughout the test. Just fit my easy in driving style, some mid corner light throttle then hit it on the way out. Minor rear end sliding, mild compared to the others.

Tuner #5 - 135i Coupe
Lap Time: 2:09.597
Comments: A handful with my ability, or lack there-of. Fun tune but had to be careful with the throttle and steering inputs. More the car than the tune. This thing did love to rotate through the corner, and felt quicker then what the clock told me as it kept getting better. Never felt as though I got corners 1-4 all correct on the same lap which likely cost me time. But was fairly quick the rest of the way. The only 135i in the field, to which I applaud the effort and am glad you decided not to change cars. This deserves a better time than what I got out of it.

Tuner #6 – M3 '07
Lap Time: 2:08.088
Comments: Nicely well balanced tune that had the ability to get wild in the rear if pushed. Throttle control tamed most of it, the rest I tried to use. Hitting my marks and proper braking helped as I was putting up consistent laps from lap 2 (2:08.214) but struggled to gain significant time until lap 9. Most laps were no lower than 2:08.4, except when over pushing and loosing it trying to get more. Still, I liked the tune for it's consistency.

Tuner #7 - M3 CSL
Lap Time: 2:07.073
DC: 9.5
Comments: This was the first tune tested, after testing the second, I had to come back to this tune and make sure I had my setting correct. It was easy to drive and effortless compared to those that followed. A quick retest resulted in matching the best lap on lap 3. It did what I wanted and was easy to get the power down. More deserving than the time I got out of it, but this was one of my 2 favorites. Regardless of not being the fastest. Bravo Sir 👍

Tuner #8 – M3 Chrome Line
Lap Time: 2:08.517
DC: 8.0
Comments: This tune frustrated me, and not because it was a bad tune. But because it felt better then the time, and faster. I just could not get it to give a better lap and I spent more time with this tune than any other. Retested it, twice. Best I could do was keep up and match the ghost. Could get wild in the rear if you used too late braking or if you jumped on the throttle too early. I grew to really enjoy it, just was slower with it for some reason and cannot point to why. There is always at least one tune in every test session for me that does this, unfortunately, yours was it. I hope another tester does it justice. :guilty:

Tuner #9 – M4 Performance Edition
Lap Time: DC:
Comments: No tune submitted - Too busy with life

Tuner #10 – M4 Coupe
Lap Time: 2:07.687
Comments: Fast and stable if you like a grip tune, this one has plenty of it but sometimes too much. Does what you ask, with some mid corner understeer. Perhaps a little on the safe side but fast and consistent to drive.

Tuner #11 - M3 CSL
Lap Time: 2:06.191
DC: 9.75
Comments: Fast and effortless. Almost felt slow. But was just the kind of tune I enjoy. If you like wild, this one may bore you until you look at the low lap time. Simply brilliant tune. Loved it.:D

Tuner #12 – M4 Performance Edition
Lap Time: 2:08.239
Comments: Best lap left 2 tenths on the final corner running wide. Never was able to match and find that time. Low brake setting worked and never seemed to hinder the tune. Easily corrected mild rear slide on exit, and understeer on others and mid corner. Handling was just the way I liked it, even clipped the grass and never spun when most of the others would have killed the lap. Nice job. :)

Tuner #13 - M3 Chrome Line
Lap Time: 2:07.870
Comments: Not my style, but it worked for me. Looser than the other Chrome Lines but soooo much fun. Just had to use the sliding front end to my advantage and power through the rear slide. My only fault with the tune was the brakes, as they seemed to work well and then give up. I adjusted for this and the lap time dropped. Final chicane however was always tricky. I believe I got everything out of this one that I am capable of. Well done Sir, well done indeed.

Tuner #14 - M3 CSL
Lap Time: 2:07.319
Comments: Another tune that was better than what I got out of it. Was up after lap 5 several times by as much as .450, but would loose it somewhere after the S corner. The rear loved to rotate and fly around until I figured out how to control it. Power was easy to get down and the trans was flawless for me. Everything about the tune was great, except it should have been faster.

Tuner #15 – M4 Performance
Comments: No tune submitted

Tuner #16 – M4 Coupe
Lap Time: 2:07.938
Comments: Stable for the most part, but not as predictable as the other M4's. Could get unpredictable in strange places for me, but was fast when right. Likely left .100-.150 out on the track, mid corner understeer as per usual was the likely cause. If I got too much throttle too soon, it picked up a mild push which could hurt exit just enough. i also felt as though my gear selection was always 1 higher than the others. it may have helped get the power down though and I enjoyed the tune. Good effort.

Tuner #17 - M3 GTR
Lap Time: 2:08.949
Comments: Too heavy, felt just as easy to drive as any other but lacked speed. Nothing to complain about otherwise as it was not hard to drive, just hard to make faster.

Tuner #18 – M3 GTR
Lap Time: 2:06.938
Comments: I liked it, really liked it. And found it to be very easy to be consistent. Could be snug on entry and had mild mid corner push in the slow corners (as did almost all of these cars), with just enough wildness in the rear to keep you honest. Throttle control made this fun and easy to drive. And never really struggled after lap 2. Just felt as though a better lap is in it then my time. But it was third fastest for me.:D
Great reviews Bowtie. Thanks for testing.

The one at Willow is only kinda tough because of the tires. 58.535

The one at Daytona is great. 1:10.543

The one at Nürb is just insane. 4:37.216

Really liking the Formula GT at Silverstone. 1:32.088

I got all 3 cars but The Nurb is one and done and I agree with you The Nurb is just :crazy: one little mistake and reset back to the beginning.
This Sucks Smiley 1.jpg
Doh.jpg

I took the SRT Tomahawk X to the SSX track and got it up to 380 mph :eek: In my stats category This is my new fastest car!!! 👍
5260.gif

I got all 3 cars but The Nurb is one and done and I agree with you The Nurb is just :crazy: one little mistake and reset back to the beginning. View attachment 399988 View attachment 399989

I took the SRT Tomahawk X to the SSX track and got it up to 380 mph :eek: In my stats category This is my new fastest car!!! 👍 View attachment 399990
Were you using the low drag mode? I played with the tranny and was hitting 415 coming down the hill, 412 on the back stretch.

@Bowtie-muscle .009 separating the top two, thats insane! Great reviews as always.

Were you using the low drag mode? I played with the tranny and was hitting 415 coming down the hill, 412 on the back stretch.

@Bowtie-muscle .009 separating the top two, thats insane! Great reviews as always.

No I used the stock trans, my R1 is the brake so I can't do that and if you don't mind me asking what did you set your trans at?

I'd like to try it 👍

Last edited:
No I used the stock trans, my R1 is the brake so I can't do that and if you don't mind me asking what did you set your trans at?

I'd like to try it 👍
Ignore what the game says; Low drag is set to whatever your nitro/boost button is(in my case it was square). I think I'm going to post the car to my garage in a day or so, but I believe my transmission was Max Final>Min Speed>Max All Gears>Final 4.050

@shaunm80 @Bowtie-muscle @Otaliema @chrisspeed281 @DolHaus @Brewguy44 @fordracer @DaBomm4 @MrGrado @787bcgr @xande1959 @ugabugaz @brian wolf @Voodoovaj @jblackrevo9 @sinof1337 @Motor City Hami @coryclifford

My impressions, all tunes tested a minimum of 10 laps, some more. I tried to get the most out of each tune that I could, if my time is lower than your own time, I apologize. Never claimed to be the fastest.

Comments: Good tune, and it kept getting better until lap 4 or 5 and then it maxed out. Brakes worked well, and a little mid corner push depending on my line. Could slide the nose if pushing too much, so I did and used it to my advantage. Early bird test, so it received a 3 lap retest, dropped .15. Well done, I enjoyed this one.

Tuner #2 - M4 Coupe
Comments: Stable and predictable with a touch of exit oversteer which actually helped and made the ride enjoyable. Nothing a little throttle control couldn't fix. I did feel as though I was leaving some time on the track, maybe 1 or 2 tenths. Braking was the key for me as it was fast when I hit the marks but suffered if I missed. Easy in and hard out tune which fits my driving style. Ballast was just enough to help entry and midcorner, but I had to adjust my line on some of the high speed corners. Very Well Done!

Tuner #3 - M3 GTR
Comments: Not going to sugar coat it, I really did not care for this tune for some reason. Bouncy and twitchy, and it walked a fine line. Fast as heck but a little demanding. It found it liked to slide and show off a lot of smoke, brakes were good but finicky. If I broke too late I missed my entry, too early and stopped too short, was not easy to find that sweet spot. On exit, if I got on the throttle too early, it developed a mild push ruining my exit line. This was a fast car, made faster with the tune but not easy. The time does speak for itself though and I likely should have been even faster. Really good TT tune, could set an unbelievable time, just not the type of tune I really enjoy. Was the top dog for a while though, so it has to get some DC love.

Tuner #4 – M3 '07
Comments: Just a really good solid effort here. Every other lap was a new fastest throughout the test. Just fit my easy in driving style, some mid corner light throttle then hit it on the way out. Minor rear end sliding, mild compared to the others.

Tuner #5 - 135i Coupe
Comments: A handful with my ability, or lack there-of. Fun tune but had to be careful with the throttle and steering inputs. More the car than the tune. This thing did love to rotate through the corner, and felt quicker then what the clock told me as it kept getting better. Never felt as though I got corners 1-4 all correct on the same lap which likely cost me time. But was fairly quick the rest of the way. The only 135i in the field, to which I applaud the effort and am glad you decided not to change cars. This deserves a better time than what I got out of it.

Tuner #6 – M3 '07
Comments: Nicely well balanced tune that had the ability to get wild in the rear if pushed. Throttle control tamed most of it, the rest I tried to use. Hitting my marks and proper braking helped as I was putting up consistent laps from lap 2 (2:08.214) but struggled to gain significant time until lap 9. Most laps were no lower than 2:08.4, except when over pushing and loosing it trying to get more. Still, I liked the tune for it's consistency.

Tuner #7 - M3 CSL
Comments: This was the first tune tested, after testing the second, I had to come back to this tune and make sure I had my setting correct. It was easy to drive and effortless compared to those that followed. A quick retest resulted in matching the best lap on lap 3. It did what I wanted and was easy to get the power down. More deserving than the time I got out of it, but this was one of my 2 favorites. Regardless of not being the fastest. Bravo Sir 👍

Comments: This tune frustrated me, and not because it was a bad tune. But because it felt better then the time, and faster. I just could not get it to give a better lap and I spent more time with this tune than any other. Retested it, twice. Best I could do was keep up and match the ghost. Could get wild in the rear if you used too late braking or if you jumped on the throttle too early. I grew to really enjoy it, just was slower with it for some reason and cannot point to why. There is always at least one tune in every test session for me that does this, unfortunately, yours was it. I hope another tester does it justice. :guilty:

Tuner #10 – M4 Coupe
Comments: Fast and stable if you like a grip tune, this one has plenty of it but sometimes too much. Does what you ask, with some mid corner understeer. Perhaps a little on the safe side but fast and consistent to drive.

Tuner #11 - M3 CSL
Comments: Fast and effortless. Almost felt slow. But was just the kind of tune I enjoy. If you like wild, this one may bore you until you look at the low lap time. Simply brilliant tune. Loved it.:D

Comments: Best lap left 2 tenths on the final corner running wide. Never was able to match and find that time. Low brake setting worked and never seemed to hinder the tune. Easily corrected mild rear slide on exit, and understeer on others and mid corner. Handling was just the way I liked it, even clipped the grass and never spun when most of the others would have killed the lap. Nice job. :)

Comments: Not my style, but it worked for me. Looser than the other Chrome Lines but soooo much fun. Just had to use the sliding front end to my advantage and power through the rear slide. My only fault with the tune was the brakes, as they seemed to work well and then give up. I adjusted for this and the lap time dropped. Final chicane however was always tricky. I believe I got everything out of this one that I am capable of. Well done Sir, well done indeed.

Tuner #14 - M3 CSL
Comments: Another tune that was better than what I got out of it. Was up after lap 5 several times by as much as .450, but would loose it somewhere after the S corner. The rear loved to rotate and fly around until I figured out how to control it. Power was easy to get down and the trans was flawless for me. Everything about the tune was great, except it should have been faster.

Tuner #16 – M4 Coupe
Comments: Stable for the most part, but not as predictable as the other M4's. Could get unpredictable in strange places for me, but was fast when right. Likely left .100-.150 out on the track, mid corner understeer as per usual was the likely cause. If I got too much throttle too soon, it picked up a mild push which could hurt exit just enough. i also felt as though my gear selection was always 1 higher than the others. it may have helped get the power down though and I enjoyed the tune. Good effort.

Tuner #17 - M3 GTR
Comments: Too heavy, felt just as easy to drive as any other but lacked speed. Nothing to complain about otherwise as it was not hard to drive, just hard to make faster.

Tuner #18 – M3 GTR
Comments: I liked it, really liked it. And found it to be very easy to be consistent. Could be snug on entry and had mild mid corner push in the slow corners (as did almost all of these cars), with just enough wildness in the rear to keep you honest. Throttle control made this fun and easy to drive. And never really struggled after lap 2. Just felt as though a better lap is in it then my time. But it was third fastest for me.:D
Good solid driving there sir. Glad you enjoyed my car...or did you??? Time will tell.

There is one thing I'm noticing when I compare my submitted times with the other tester's submitted times: I am not driving the M4's well at all. There seems to be a much bigger gap with my M4 times and that surprises me. It's funny when I read the comments of other testers. Like, @Bowtie-muscle and I wrote the same exact thing about a particular car. "It felt faster than it was", or something to that effect. At least it makes me feel like I'm not hallucinating! :D :lol:

Tuner #2 - M4 Coupe

Tuner #3 - M3 GTR

Tuner #4 – M3 '07

Tuner #5 - 135i Coupe

Tuner #6 – M3 '07

Tuner #7 - M3 CSL

Tuner #10 – M4 Coupe

Tuner #11 - M3 CSL

Tuner #14 - M3 CSL

Tuner #16 – M4 Coupe

Tuner #17 - M3 GTR

Tuner #18 – M3 GTR
Thank you for the review. A great time you achieved in my tune. Very consistent times all around.

Tuner #2 - M4 Coupe

Tuner #3 - M3 GTR

Tuner #4 – M3 '07

Tuner #5 - 135i Coupe

Tuner #6 – M3 '07

Tuner #7 - M3 CSL

Tuner #10 – M4 Coupe

Tuner #11 - M3 CSL

Tuner #14 - M3 CSL

Tuner #16 – M4 Coupe

Tuner #17 - M3 GTR

Tuner #18 – M3 GTR
Thanks for your testing :)

Lap times updated from @Bowtie-muscle testing results.
here is the updated rankings.

GP/F Lap Time Podium
1 Tuner #3 2:06.872 +00.000
2 Tuner #11 2:07.020 +0.148
3 Tuner #14 2:07.546 +0.674
4 Tuner #7 2:07.618 +0.746
5 Tuner #18 2:08.016 +1.144

Drivers Choice Podium
1 Tuner #11 9.35
2 Tuner #3 9.31
3 Tuner #10 9.02
4 Tuner #7 9.01
5 Tuner #2 8.99

Fastest Lap at GP/F
2:05.895; Tuner #11's tune Driven By biffa3

Most Consistent Dabomm4 1.865
Fastest Average biffa3 127.637

Sorry that took so long been busy this week. Was crazy at my house today, cousin came over with her kid, started babysitting another little girl couple months older then mine, and her three brothers hung out here all day. O_o am I insaine? :lol: :odd: it was fun. The boys said that I couldn't fill them up at dinner. Well I did and had left overs :lol: Then I told them I learned how to cook when I was boy scouts so cooking for three "ravenous" boys is easy for me, cause I used to cook for 12-15 teenage boys three times a day 👍 Even their mom was surprised. :D

Lap times updated from @Bowtie-muscle testing results.
here is the updated rankings.

GP/F Lap Time Podium
1 Tuner #3 2:06.872 +00.000
2 Tuner #11 2:07.020 +0.148
3 Tuner #14 2:07.546 +0.674
4 Tuner #7 2:07.618 +0.746
5 Tuner #18 2:08.016 +1.144

Drivers Choice Podium
1 Tuner #11 9.35
2 Tuner #3 9.31
3 Tuner #10 9.02
4 Tuner #7 9.01
5 Tuner #2 8.99

Fastest Lap at GP/F
2:05.895; Tuner #11's tune Driven By biffa3

Most Consistent Dabomm4 1.865
Fastest Average biffa3 127.637

Sorry that took so long been busy this week. Was crazy at my house today, cousin came over with her kid, started babysitting another little girl couple months older then mine, and her three brothers hung out here all day. O_o am I insaine? :lol: :odd: it was fun. The boys said that I couldn't fill them up at dinner. Well I did and had left overs :lol: Then I told them I learned how to cook when I was boy scouts so cooking for three "ravenous" boys is easy for me, cause I used to cook for 12-15 teenage boys three times a day 👍 Even their mom was surprised. :D
Top two dogs are battling it out with room behind them, but the DC is going to come down to the wire.👍

Top two dogs are battling it out with room behind them, but the DC is going to come down to the wire.👍
Indeed they are running away with it. But man drivers choice is ridiculously close.

I am withdrawing as an offical tester from the challenge. I am having problems driving the cars. I have a lap time variance that is higher then average for the group and I haven't driven the fastest or slowest cars yet. I will finish up testing for feedback but the lap times will be unofficial. We have had a tester join the group so the over all number of testers will not be affected.

Indeed they are running away with it. But man drivers choice is ridiculously close.

I am withdrawing as an offical tester from the challenge. I am having problems driving the cars. I have a lap time variance that is higher then average for the group and I haven't driven the fastest or slowest cars yet. I will finish up testing for feedback but the lap times will be unofficial. We have had a tester join the group so the over all number of testers will not be affected.
Sorry to hear that. Feedback on the tunes will be good though. :)

Well, I guess my part in this is done. I would like to thank all the tuners on a great job. I want each of you to know I did my best to grind everything out of your tune I could get. Some times I was more successful that others. They are all great cars and each has its own personality. I enjoyed my time with each of them. If the reviews sound over critical, I appoligize. That is not my intention, I was just as blunt with mine. Good luck to all.

Lap Time: 2:11.263 DC: 7.9
Comments: I had not owned or driven this car till this event. Not sure I'm a fan of any or the '07 M3's. This car had plenty of rear tire spin, would like to have seen more grip in the corner. A little bit of front end push, brakes seemed slow to pull the speed down.

Tuner #2 - M4 Coupe
Lap Time: 2:11.771 DC:8.2
Comments: Very good brakes. Not a 7speed fan, but this one was good. Would like to see a little more grip on corner exit and acceleration.

Tuner #3 - M3 GTR
Lap Time: 2:08.586 DC: 9.7
Comments: I have owned and driven the GTR's in GT5 and GT6, however I generally avoid them. It seemed anything they could do, the CSL could do easier and more comfortable. This tune really blows that notion away! Great grip/handling, great trans. and brakes. Inspires confidence to push a little harder. Great job.

Tuner #4 – M3 '07
Lap Time: 2:10.131 DC:8.4
Comments: Good traction, brakes, and trans., finally found that liked to rotate while on the brakes. Hard to find consistency.

Tuner #5 - 135i Coupe
Lap Time: 2:12.773 DC: 7
Comments: Good brakes, great power and trans., maybe too good. Lots of wheel spin and oversteer, when I got it too hook up, the front went tight. Finally found a line it seemed to like. Did my best, Too much car for me I guess. Too bad, I really like this model.

Tuner #6 – M3 '07
Lap Time: 2:10.806 DC: 8.5
Comments: Every thing seems ok, power, brakes and trans., but uncomfortable. Eroded confidence. When pushed, seemed to push back.

Tuner #7 - M3 CSL
Lap Time: 2:09.228 DC: 9.2
Comments: Favorite model in the game, not my favorite tune. Some low speed understeer, and would like to see a little more grip at corner exit. The brakes did the job, power and trans. were good. Have 3 in my garage that drive just like this. No surprises here.

Lap Time: 2:12.569 DC: 7.7
Comments: Brakes spongy and barely up to task, had to brake early, not enough traction to make up for time loss. Wheel spin in the corner, talk it into hooking up and went right to understeer. Tough tune to drive. Probably faster with a different style.

Tuner #10 – M4 Coupe
Lap Time: 2:10.185 DC: 9
Comments: Great car, easy to drive. Just a hint of understeer. Good grip under acceleration. Had not owned or driver an M4, but like them. Just wouldn't go any faster for me.

Tuner #11 - M3 CSL
Lap Time: 2:10.034 DC: 8.8
Comments: Good brakes and gears. Good transition from brakes to gas. Understeer pop up at the worst of times and ruin lap. A little wheel spin here, a little front end slip there kept it out of the 2:09.xx group.

Lap Time: 2:11.413 DC: 7.5
Comments: lots of push in slow corners. Wait forever for it to rotate so you could get back on the gas, when you did though it had good acceleration and grip off the corner that helped save part of the lap time.

Lap Time: 2:10.709 DC: 8.9
Comments: Needs careful throttle control in the corners, but it is controllable. Good acceleration and brakes. Nice trans. Best of the breed today.

Tuner #14 - M3 CSL
Lap Time: 2:09.907 DC: 9.9
Comments: Nice handling. Predictable, measured, consistent. Power, trans, and grip perfect for this track. Blew a couple laps that would have been in the 8's. My favorite tune. Wish my CSL's were like this. One of them will be shortly.

Tuner #16 – M4 Coupe
Lap Time: 2:10.672 DC: 8.9
Comments: So...who totaled their primary and entered the wife's car!!?? That is what I kept thinking while I drove this car. Not a bad thing....unless you get caught! Soft, dependable, predictable, and works. Could use a trans up-grade. Liking these M4's.

Tuner #17 - M3 GTR
Lap Time: 2:11.659 DC: 7.9
Comments: Wouldn't tune under braking. Needed long brake zones. Heavy!!! Hurt this tune.

Tuner #18 – M3 GTR
Lap Time: 2:11.092 DC: 8
Comments:
Felt heavy. Some understeer. Brakes not to my liking. Drove like a GTR.

Decided I'm actually gonna test, I realize I can't really do my usual style of posting results 1 by 1 and notifying people. Yet I'm still going to do that, so check back this post daily (I'll go in order). Once everything is done I'll do the tagging.

Settings: DS3/Sens: 7/Real Grip

TUNERS - DC Ratings Not Final

Time: 2:06.785

Very good top end and acceleration throughout. Puts power down very well, very little oversteer. Handles bumps fairly well. Transmission is okay as well. Suffers from lazy turn in and understeer in low speed corners.

Time: 2:06.486 - :drool:

First couple of laps I really couldn't put my finger on anything in particular on this car. There's actually nothing wrong with this car. Nothing really stands out either. Wherever you point it, it goes without any drama. I was actually thinking it would be lucky to get a lap in the low 7's. When I slammed this lap home I could hardly believe my eyes. I'm still not sure how it got around so quick :eek:. Some witchcraft at work here....

Time: 2:04.412 👍 (2:04.081 with a Fixed LSD - Accel = 12)
DC: 9.2

Didn't like this car all that much. Felt bouncy throughout and somewhat unpleasant to drive although consistent. 2nd and 3rd gear seemed both to be a little long - Not sure if that's a good or bad thing. Has the best power parts fitted to a GTR however and is quite fast.

I found the trick to this car, It never understeers! You slam it into corners and you can always expect the front to rotate, Lovely! I actually wouldn't be surprised if someone runs a 2:03 in this car. Watching the replay, it seems the LSD needs tweaking since at many portions of the track one wheel is lighting up hard.

Time: 2:05.879
DC: 9.4

Feels a lot like #14. Has the tune style I love. You can easily rotate the car on the throttle and with the brakes when entering a corner. No problem doing the chicane, car floats over the curbs. Car was down around 0.200 for the first half of the lap as compared to #2 but then caught up and ended up 0.089 ahead. Has a very slight tendency to understeer when getting on the power sometimes. Brakes are the best at sliding the car into a corner entry out of any car so far. 2nd gear is a tad too short. Would prefer if the car was just a tad tamer.

Time: 2:06.179
DC: 7.0

Didn't really enjoy driving this car. It felt stiff and bounced around on the track. Not very progressive or telling as to when it would oversteer. I put in a lot of work to get out that lap time.

Time: 2:04.977

Fairly consistent lap times in the low 5's. Car is easy to drive and cooperates most of the time. Only downside is that understeer creeps in quite a lot making certain corners a challenge. If you screw up, it's easier to recover your line than in #11.

Time: 2:06.886
DC: 8.8

Very smooth rhythm when driving. Rear end is never upset unless you floor it at the wrong time. Over-rotates under braking. Suffers from high speed understeer. Very easy to drive.

N/A

Time: 2:04.734

Car does almost everything well. To get a fast time you need to be really precise all the time, since there's very little recovery available. Only complaint is that the car is a little slow to change direction and generally feels like it's swaying around.

Time: 2:06.695

Interesting car this, For most of the lap time I thought the vibration in my DS3 was switched off. Remarkable how this car doesn't show anything under braking, acceleration or cornering, like it's bored or something. Has some understeer in mid and exit which inhibits a faster lap time.

Time: 2:06.934

Dives under braking. Feels very soft when driving. Initially wasn't impressed however this car has the best turn-in I've tested so far. It's a pleasure taking the last corner with this car, it's so easy!

Time: 2:05.365

I had to put in a lot of effort to get that time out. I liked this car initially, in fact I loved it. Thing is it has a bunch of problems. 2nd gear is too short, I was bouncing off the limiter several times. In several sections the car is bouncing around losing me time. Worst of all this car doesn't ride curbs and you have to on this track for a fast lap. What I really loved was the on demand throttle rotation - this is how every car should feel. Could have been great...

Time: 2:07.018
DC: 5.0

Slow. So Slow. I simply don't understand what whoever was tuning this car was going for. The weight of this car is puzzling. Handles alright, but then again you can never drive it fast enough to upset it. I don't get it.

Time: 2:05.673
DC: 6.5

Not a fan of this car. Doesn't like to turn in to corners, although its not a question of understeer. Acceleration is slower than #3. Can't drive it consistently lap after lap. Has a very hard time with the chicane - No matter which way I go it seems to bounce around hard.
Thanks for testing and some real eye poping tines. Great job.

Well, I guess my part in this is done. I would like to thank all the tuners on a great job. I want each of you to know I did my best to grind everything out of your tune I could get. Some times I was more successful that others. They are all great cars and each has its own personality. I enjoyed my time with each of them. If the reviews sound over critical, I appoligize. That is not my intention, I was just as blunt with mine. Good luck to all.

Comments: I had not owned or driven this car till this event. Not sure I'm a fan of any or the '07 M3's. This car had plenty of rear tire spin, would like to have seen more grip in the corner. A little bit of front end push, brakes seemed slow to pull the speed down.

Tuner #2 - M4 Coupe
Comments: Very good brakes. Not a 7speed fan, but this one was good. Would like to see a little more grip on corner exit and acceleration.

Tuner #3 - M3 GTR
Comments: I have owned and driven the GTR's in GT5 and GT6, however I generally avoid them. It seemed anything they could do, the CSL could do easier and more comfortable. This tune really blows that notion away! Great grip/handling, great trans. and brakes. Inspires confidence to push a little harder. Great job.

Tuner #4 – M3 '07
Comments: Good traction, brakes, and trans., finally found that liked to rotate while on the brakes. Hard to find consistency.

Tuner #5 - 135i Coupe
Comments: Good brakes, great power and trans., maybe too good. Lots of wheel spin and oversteer, when I got it too hook up, the front went tight. Finally found a line it seemed to like. Did my best, Too much car for me I guess. Too bad, I really like this model.

Tuner #6 – M3 '07
Comments: Every thing seems ok, power, brakes and trans., but uncomfortable. Eroded confidence. When pushed, seemed to push back.

Tuner #7 - M3 CSL
Comments: Favorite model in the game, not my favorite tune. Some low speed understeer, and would like to see a little more grip at corner exit. The brakes did the job, power and trans. were good. Have 3 in my garage that drive just like this. No surprises here.

Comments: Brakes spongy and barely up to task, had to brake early, not enough traction to make up for time loss. Wheel spin in the corner, talk it into hooking up and went right to understeer. Tough tune to drive. Probably faster with a different style.

Tuner #10 – M4 Coupe
Comments: Great car, easy to drive. Just a hint of understeer. Good grip under acceleration. Had not owned or driver an M4, but like them. Just wouldn't go any faster for me.

Tuner #11 - M3 CSL
Comments: Good brakes and gears. Good transition from brakes to gas. Understeer pop up at the worst of times and ruin lap. A little wheel spin here, a little front end slip there kept it out of the 2:09.xx group.

Comments: lots of push in slow corners. Wait forever for it to rotate so you could get back on the gas, when you did though it had good acceleration and grip off the corner that helped save part of the lap time.

Comments: Needs careful throttle control in the corners, but it is controllable. Good acceleration and brakes. Nice trans. Best of the breed today.

Tuner #14 - M3 CSL
Comments: Nice handling. Predictable, measured, consistent. Power, trans, and grip perfect for this track. Blew a couple laps that would have been in the 8's. My favorite tune. Wish my CSL's were like this. One of them will be shortly.

Tuner #16 – M4 Coupe
Comments: So...who totaled their primary and entered the wife's car!!?? That is what I kept thinking while I drove this car. Not a bad thing....unless you get caught! Soft, dependable, predictable, and works. Could use a trans up-grade. Liking these M4's.

Tuner #17 - M3 GTR
Comments: Wouldn't tune under braking. Needed long brake zones. Heavy!!! Hurt this tune.

Tuner #18 – M3 GTR
Comments:
Thanks for spend your time with testing and review 👍

Tuner #2 - M4 Coupe

Tuner #3 - M3 GTR

Tuner #4 – M3 '07

Tuner #5 - 135i Coupe

Tuner #6 – M3 '07

Tuner #7 - M3 CSL

Tuner #10 – M4 Coupe

Tuner #11 - M3 CSL

Tuner #14 - M3 CSL

Tuner #16 – M4 Coupe

Tuner #17 - M3 GTR

Tuner #18 – M3 GTR
Comments:
Thanks for the review. Great reviews and consistent lap times. Nice work :)

Tuner #2 - M4 Coupe

Tuner #3 - M3 GTR

Tuner #4 – M3 '07

Tuner #5 - 135i Coupe

Tuner #6 – M3 '07

Tuner #7 - M3 CSL

Tuner #10 – M4 Coupe

Tuner #11 - M3 CSL

Tuner #14 - M3 CSL

Tuner #16 – M4 Coupe

Tuner #17 - M3 GTR

Tuner #18 – M3 GTR
Comments:
Good job, great review. Thanks for putting the time in.👍

Latest Posts

Back