FITT Miata Tuning Challenge

Don't flame me for this but, is there an easier way to post a photo other than using Photobucket or Flickr? Never post photos so I'm curious. Kinda a noob question from a non-noob. :guilty:

Don't flame me for this but, is there an easier way to post a photo other than using Photobucket or Flickr? Never post photos so I'm curious. Kinda a noob question from a non-noob. :guilty:
All I did to upload mine was use the file upload and select the size, thumbnail or full size.

I transfer mine from the Ps3 to a usb memory stick and then transfer them to my computer, seems the easiest way to me. Then you just have to upload the file to the post and its done

Feeling the tension starting to build :lol:

It's a shame I don't have the time to take part in these at the moment, as I did enjoy the last GT5/Rome challenge. I'm keeping an eye on the thread though and will be looking to try out a few of the cars. Great work everyone and Good Luck 👍

I transfer mine from the Ps3 to a usb memory stick and then transfer them to my computer, seems the easiest way to me. Then you just have to upload the file to the post and its done
Thought that would work, will try with my SPEC tune. Thanks for the response.👍

Thought that would work, will try with my SPEC tune. Thanks for the response.👍
Yeah its pretty easy, just export your photos to a folder on the PS3 desktop and then copy that photo album to USB device, I use a 128mb flash drive and haven't maxed it out yet so the photos are pretty small in size (100-600kb per photo).
A good photo can make a tune more appealing so have a read through this first - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/guide-make-the-most-of-the-gt5-camera-v2-1.137684/ does a great job of explaining what all the settings and things do

MX5Matterhorn Rotenboden.jpg

Street Touring Class

Car: Mazda Roadster RS (NC) '07
Track: Matterhorn Rotenboden
Wheel / Joypad: PS3 controller
Power: 228 BHP @ 5800 Rpm / 30.1 kgfm @ 5500 Rpm
Weight: 965 kg
Performance Points: 450 PP
Tires: SM
Weight Distribution: 51:49
Custom Parts: Type A aero, Generic Wing Type A, Inch +1 Wheels
Suspension) : Height-Adjustable, Fully-Customisable Suspension)

Ride Height: Front: 97 Rear: 100
Spring Rate: Front: 5.90 kg Rear: 6.00 kg
Dampers (Compression):Front: 4 Rear: 5
Dampers (Extension): Front: 6 Rear: 5
Anti-Roll Bars: Front: 3 Rear: 2
Camber Angle (-): Front: 0.0° Rear: 0.0°
Toe Angle: Front: - 0.12° Rear: 0.09°
Brakes:Racing Upgrade F: 8 R: 8

Drivetrain:
(Fully Customisable Transmission)

Set final to 5.200
Set 6th to 0.980
Set max to 112
Set final to 3.900
Set in sequence (1-2-3-4-5-6)

Speed: 112 mph

1:
2: 2.171
3: 1.698
4: 1.373
5: 1.135
6: 0.980

Final:

Differential Gear:
Fully Customisable Mechanical Limited-Slip Diff

Initial Torque:
R= 8
Acceleration Sensitivity: R= 30
Braking Sensitivity: R= 14
Clutch & Flywheel: Twin plate
Propeller Shaft: Carbon

Power

Oil Change:
No
Power Limiter: 82.6%
Engine Tuning: Stage 1
Computer: Standard
Exhaust: Standard
Exhaust Manifold: Isometric
Catalytic Converter: Standard
Intake Tuning: Yes
Turbo Kit: Stage: High - RPM
Nitrous Oxide (N2O): No

Body

Body Rigidity Improvement:
No
Downforce: F = 0 R = 20
Weight Reduction: Stage 3
Bonnet: Standard
Windows: Standard
Ballast: 30kg
Ballast position: 50

Last edited:
Yeah the game will give you a warning that you will need 500 megs on the PS3 in reality you only need like 50 megs and that's if your a photo-holic.
I normally include photo's with my tunes I've just been too busy to get them off my PS3 at this point.

@DolHaus nice photo but you took my idea! lol great shot really. two wheel curb bonce, so hard to get it right.
Thank you
Yeah I got lucky with the bounce but wasn't so lucky with the braking zone that followed lol I was intending to get a shot further round the track on the final hairpin but my car was a little bruised after its two wheeled shenanigans and I didn't want to run the lap again (after 310 miles of testing my desire to drive another lap diminishes a little lol)

If you have a choice I feel like Flickr is the better option from an ease of use perspective. Their upload is pretty easy, you get 1TB of space with a free account and they have an option to copy/paste the appropriate BBCode for our forum to get it to display without having to muck around with anything else. Other places you have to create your own thumbnail size images and copy more than one link to get it right. See the link below for a better explanation:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-to-questions-here.131913/page-6#post-4263941

First car Street Touring Class ready, very impressed by your 1:41.9 Onboy, i´m around 1 second slower with your tune.

I´ll work on the touring soon.
Thanks mate, though I'm not sure what that says about how usable my tune is if even the great Praiano fishy guy is down by such a margin. Or perhaps we're all too used to our own cars at this point already. :lol: Either way, interested to see the final outcome even if 2 of the 3 spots were already taken from the off.

Thanks mate, though I'm not sure what that says about how usable my tune is if even the great Praiano fishy guy is down by such a margin. Or perhaps we're all too used to our own cars at this point already. :lol: Either way, interested to see the final outcome even if 2 of the 3 spots were already taken from the off.
Like all other shootouts I will be adding 10 seconds to your times. Just because. :lol:

Seriously though, looking forward to seeing how these shakeout since we're down to very similar cars and HP/weight in a couple classes. Are the fast tuners fast because of car selection or good tuning? Will some of the mid- and rear-pack folks find themselves at the front now that car selection is less of a factor? It's like a soap opera! :D

Like all other shootouts I will be adding 10 seconds to your times. Just because. :lol:

Seriously though, looking forward to seeing how these shakeout since we're down to very similar cars and HP/weight in a couple classes. Are the fast tuners fast because of car selection or good tuning? Will some of the mid- and rear-pack folks find themselves at the front now that car selection is less of a factor? It's like a soap opera! :D
WHY JUST MEEEE!?!?! :lol:

Stay tuned for more drama, next week, on GTPlanet!

Soap opera? Which type:
American (Days of our lives)?
British (Downton Abby)?
Or Spanish speaking (??)?

I know which Terror Dog watches. :)

(Is Breaking Bad a soap opera?)

I'm in just because I want to know how well suspension, weight distribution and LSD based on replica would work on testers hand, don't even care about the the points and stuff. I even use stock transmission on my NB MX5 :lol:, here's hoping the testers survive my cars :lol:

Well, I've tested all of the improved touring tunes that have been posted so far @ Apricot Hill and I broke off a sub 1:33 lap....sad thing is, and I'll admit this....it wasn't my tune!! And that's with my driving setup and you all know how simple that is. So it's the car, not the driver. Time to throw out my GT5 notes and :bowdown: to this group of tuners! With GT6 and it's flaws, you guys have made the game more interesting to me, and for that, I thank you all.

Suzuka Circuit East Course.jpg

Mazda MX-5 1989 Tuned for FITT Spec Miata Class Challenge
372 pp
135 hp @ 5,800 rpm
125.0 ft-lb @ 5,700 rpm
950 kg

GT Auto
No Oil Change
1 Inch Up Wheels: PDI P525N
Paint Body: Garnet Red
Paint Wheels: Stock

Parts
Fully Customizible Suspension
Five-Speed Transmission
Fully Customizible LSD
Engine Tuning Stage 1
Sports Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Intake Tuning
Comfort Soft

Suspension
Ride Height 95/100
Spring Rate 5.25/5.00
Dampeners Comp 4/4
Dampeners Ext 4/5
Anti-Roll Bars 3/3
Camber Angle 0.0/0.0
Toe Angle -0.10/0.10
Brake Balance 5/5

LSD 10/8/5

Power Limiter 90.2%
Ballast Weight 10
Ballast Position 50

Notes: If driving manually, shift between 7,000 and 7,500 RPM. Note to FITT testers, on Streets of Willow, up-shifting from 2nd to 3rd during corner 5 into 6 is beneficial.

Last edited:
Sorry that I haven't been around much in the last five days, but I should get to play GT6 tonight.

As for the photo mode competition, is there still interest? If so, it will work like this. All photos must be shot in GT6 and no use of Photoshop. There is a GT water mark on GT6 photos, but I suppose that someone good with Photoshop could work around that. Photos can either be posted in this thread, PM'd to me or emailed directly to me. I will host all of them on Flickr and post them in a poll in the Photomode forum. We will ask the GTPlanet community to vote for their favorite. Your photo entry does not need to be the same as your tune entry. You can pick any Miata in the game.

Please let me know if there is still interest in doing this.

Thanks

Well here is my first official tune.

SCCA Spec Miata

Mazda MX-5 S-Special Type I (NA, J) '95
NO OIL CHANGE, Comfort Soft tires
Willow Springs International Raceway - Streets Of Willow Springs_11.jpg

Specs:
Horsepower: 135 HP at 5800 RPM
Torque: 131.1 ft-lb at 4600 RPM
Power Limiter : 90.6%
Weight: 950 kg
Ballast : 50 kg
Ballast Position : +50
Weight Distribution : 52:48
Performance Points: 372

Parts Installed:
Fully Customizable Suspension
Five-Speed Transmission
Fully Customizable LSD
Stage 1 Engine Tuning
Stage 2 Weight Reduction
Window Weight Reduction

Suspension:
(Front , Rear)

Ride Height: 110 , 115
Spring Rate: 6.10 , 4.50
Dampers (Compression): 2 , 4
Dampers (Extension): 5 , 2
Anti-Roll Bars: 3 , 3
Camber Angle: 0.0 , 0.0
Toe Angle: -0.02 , 0.05
Brake Balance: 5 , 6

LSD

Initial Torque: 11
Acceleration Sensitivity: 8
Braking Sensitivity: 10

ask not cost anything?
No wonder Mr MCH if Miatas of this event and others that could have come from regular tires (normal, fast, very fast) in certain turns, to see the performance of the testers and tuners, what you guys think.💡:cheers:

SCCA Spec Miata

View attachment 120764

Specs:

Parts Installed:
Five-Speed Transmission
Fully Customizable LSD
Stage 1 Engine Tuning
Stage 2 Weight Reduction
Window Weight Reduction

Suspension:
(Front , Rear)

LSD

Steelies are funky on Miatas! :D Nice paint color though.

Make/Model - Mazda MX-5 S-Special Type I (NA,J) '95
Max Power - 135 bhp / 6000 rpm
Max. Torque - 17.7 kgfm / 4700 rpm
Weight - 950 kg
PP - 371

Parts
- Body Paint: Super Black
- Wheels: PDI P525N 1in Up
- Front Splitter
- Sports Computer
- Intake Tuning
- Full Body Weight Reduction
- Carbon Hood
- Lightweight Windows
- 5-Speed Transmission
- Fully Customisable LSD
- Fully Customisable Suspension
- Comfort Soft Tyres

Settings
Power Limiter
90.7%

Ballast

Weight Balance 52:48
75 kg
35 %

LSD

Suspension
Ride Height 95mm 95mm
Spring Rate 6.45kg 5.88kg
Dampers (Compression) 4 5
Dampers (Extension) 6 7
Anti-Roll Bars 3 3

Wheel Alignment
Camber Angle 0.0 0.0
Toe Angle -0.05 0.10

Brake Balance
6 4 (ABS-1)

Notes
This car is tuned to the SCCA Spec Miata Specs in the FITT Miata Tuner Challenge. This is a great little car with tons of grip with neutral handling characteristics. Its very easy to drive which is good for beginners.

Lap times
Big Willow: 1:26.707
Tsukuba Circuit: 1:09.935

Feedback

Last edited:
Try medium springs. Some of them that I tried before I settled with the cars I did, I had suspension issues with also. There was no tight or loose, there was only too loose and too tight no matter what I did. I just set both to dead center and tried to fix the issues using other areas instead. I also found, that not all of them have the same issues at all. They are all the same but different, lol, if that helps.
That pretty much sums up my frustration. But I'm not sure anything can be done to save my car.

SCCA Spec Miata

View attachment 120764

Specs:

Parts Installed:
Five-Speed Transmission
Fully Customizable LSD
Stage 1 Engine Tuning
Stage 2 Weight Reduction
Window Weight Reduction

Suspension:
(Front , Rear)

LSD

SCCA Spec Miata

View attachment 120764

Hey, I think one of mine is that color! Actually, what chip did you use?

Back