FITT - Moving on to GT6!

• Thread starter DigitalBaka
  • 2,044 comments
I'd give my e-mail but I never check it, anyone can PM me though.
Main reason I gave mine is because I've not been able to afford that premium membership yet.:grumpy: Hopefully in the not to distant future I'll be able to spring for it and actually have a little breathing room in my PMs.:D

CSLACR has announced the next shootout.
Dates and more specific information are yet to be determined.
I've updated post #3 with the link to the new shootout thread so check it out.
Time to let the big dogs out to play.:D

Can anyone think of anything that needs added yet?
I copied a makeshift version of the OP here for my shootout, with some of the differences I think should be added, and some contest specific things.

Can anyone think of anything that needs added yet?
I copied a makeshift version of the OP here for my shootout, with some of the differences I think should be added, and some contest specific things.
Looked good though you might want to delete the part about the rules only being an example and that they are being worked on unless you plan to change them to match any changes we make here during your shootout.
I moved you to the active contest listing. Also I added CSL's to the title of your event so the sponsor would be apparent, something you might want to do in your thread title.

One final question. You set a 2.5% limit on the power limiter, is there any restriction on ballast? You might want to answer that in your listing of the rules.

Last edited:
How about a mention of grip reduction real vs low for the testing? There was a bit of consternation about that during the euro shootout.

Sorry won't be near home for awhile so I'll try my phone so bear with me. I think the first three post should be for #1 the host/rules that are different from the rules set by F.I.T./when the event will take place ect. #2 for a link to the tuners post/ there garage/ what car they are entering. #3 for a link to the testers so you can follow there times and comments.
As far as how to enter I would suggest when you would like to enter as a tuner/tester you post - name, tuner/tester, and PSN - so the person running the event can put you in post two or three and then link you to that post for your tune or review/times.....then let the banter begin (were sill having fun here....just organized) :D.
I know not all of this will work for every shoot-out, but I hope it might help set a base. And I hope it's not to complicated.

So here is a good rule question for the Federation...

Is there a rule that says a tune should must be original? During RVR's recent event I threw out entering an Evora on the basis that I could not better the tunes already posted in GTP. If I could have done a slight modification on one, I bet I could have been in the top ranks. But it would not have been my work really.

Without some rule here, what is to prevent me from waiting for my good buddy Praiano to post his car for an event, then taking one of his other good tunes and entering it with just some slight modifications for the track?

Depending on the sneakiness of an entrant, who can judge if a tune is original or a knock-off of someone else's work?

I have the Bluebird for prize-giving now. My shootout's officially ready now.

But since CSL's is now going on I think the start time would be 10th September most likely. And I'll have started school by then, as will have everyone else :indiff:

So here is a good rule question for the Federation...

Is there a rule that says a tune should must be original? During RVR's recent event I threw out entering an Evora on the basis that I could not better the tunes already posted in GTP. If I could have done a slight modification on one, I bet I could have been in the top ranks. But it would not have been my work really.

Without some rule here, what is to prevent me from waiting for my good buddy Praiano to post his car for an event, then taking one of his other good tunes and entering it with just some slight modifications for the track?

Depending on the sneakiness of an entrant, who can judge if a tune is original or a knock-off of someone else's work?
I guess that would be hard to say, and primarily up to people to catch that type of thing.
Good lord you sneaky little.... :lol:
But it would be one of the reasons I suggested everyone wait to test until all tunes are submitted, so nobody can see how well certain tunes/cars are doing.

I have the Bluebird for prize-giving now. My shootout's officially ready now.

But since CSL's is now going on I think the start time would be 10th September most likely. And I'll have started school by then, as will have everyone else :indiff:
Sorry there buddy, I didn't know you were going to be ready so soon.
If it helps, I think you can start organizing it a little early, with ticket sends, etc. Maybe start the thread, gathering entrants, just posting the start date in the thread name at first.
And it can start earlier than the 7th, since the first portion is tuning, it should be able to start around the 4th, which would still give testers a full week and a half break if it's a two-week tuning window. 👍

Sorry there buddy, I didn't know you were going to be ready so soon.
If it helps, I think you can start organizing it a little early, with ticket sends, etc. Maybe start the thread, gathering entrants, just posting the start date in the thread name at first.
And it can start earlier than the 7th, since the first portion is tuning, it should be able to start around the 4th, which would still give testers a full week and a half break if it's a two-week tuning window. 👍

It's alright. There's still a couple of fine tuning's to be made - I just have the resources to start it, the ticket and the prize cars. I have a rough idea of all of the car's specs, but there's a couple I'm unsure of, particularly the Mini Cooper S '05 that you can get from the ticket. Since there wasn't a Mini rally car in '05 I was planning on specs from the current Countryman WRC (300hp, 1230kg) but I saw an online series which originally had maxed out Minis and the HP was only 276. I need someone to clarify me for this, and if it doesn't reach 276 I can just base it off of the lower rally series specs (What specs are the S2000's anyway?).

I might also do some testing with the cars using their specs as well. I already have a C4 with the correct specs so I won't need to bother about that yet.

This is a list of the cars that can be obtained from the ticket, with the specs I plan to put them in. It is not a full list (I know I've gotten one Impreza that isn't in this list) but the ones missing are virtually identical to other cars so it shouldn't matter too much.

Alpine A110 1600S '73 - 90bhp, 800kg (Group 3 spec)
Citroën C4 Coupe 2.0VTS '05 - 315bhp, 1230kg (WRC spec)
Ford Focus RS '02 - 300bhp, 1230kg (WRC spec)
Ford Focus ST170 '03 - 300bhp, 1230kg (WRC spec)
Lancia STRATOS '73 - 240bhp, 960kg (Group 4 spec)
Mini MINI COOPER S '05 - 320bhp (?), 1230kg (WRC/S2000 spec)
Mitsubishi CZ-3 Tarmac '01 - (probably) 300bhp, 1230kg (WRC spec)
Mitsubishi Lancer EX 1800GSR IC Turbo '83 - 280bhp (?), 1040kg (Group 4 spec)
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution V GSR '98 - 300bhp, 1230kg (Group A spec)
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI RS T.M. '00 - 300bhp, 1230kg (Group A spec)
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VII GT-A '02 - 300bhp, 1230kg (WRC spec)
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X GSR P.P. '07 - 320bhp, 1230kg (WRC spec)
Peugeot 206 S16 '99 - 300bhp (?), 1230kg (WRC spec)
Renault 5 Turbo '80 - 255bhp, 900kg (Group 4 spec)
Subaru IMPREZA Sedan WRX STI spec C Type RA '05 - 300bhp, 1230kg (WRC spec)
Subaru IMPREZA Sedan WRX STi Version '00 - 300bhp, 1230kg (WRC spec)
Subaru IMPREZA Sedan WRX STi Version VI '99 - 300bhp, 1230kg (WRC spec)
Toyota CELICA 2000GT-FOUR (ST165) '86 - 299bhp, 1100kg (Group A spec)

Mostly identical, but again, this isn't gonna be about speed but rather about how good your car is to drive since specs aren't identical.

I might go ahead and start it on the first as I planned, but I still have testing to do with other cars and also have some new plans with the track system for mine.

Basically, I'm allowing cars to be tested (by both tuners and testers) on any roughly tarmac like, dirt or snow course. However, what I wanna do is for the testers, make them drive at least 20km, rounded up to the nearest lap, in each car from a standing start, since 20km is the rough length of an average sized rally stage. For instance to get to 20km around Chamonix you'd have to do 3 laps (the full circuit is what I'm talking about). Also, 20km is roughly 12.4 miles for those that use it, like me. ;)

I'm planning on making my shootout last till at least the 20th, and at most the 25th. When the date is decided I'll decide the deadlines for tuners and testers.

@C-ZETA the Mini Cooper S '05 uses a supercharger and not a turbocharger. With maximum engine modifications it makes 321HP. The '07 is actually heavier uses a turbocharger and has a maximum of around 285HP.

@C-ZETA the Mini Cooper S '05 uses a supercharger and not a turbocharger. With maximum engine modifications it makes 321HP.

Cool then. It doesn't really matter how they get the power, although I want everyone to use racing exhausts for extra rally feel :D

Basically, I'm allowing cars to be tested (by both tuners and testers) on any roughly tarmac like, dirt or snow course. However, what I wanna do is for the testers, make them drive at least 20km, rounded up to the nearest lap, in each car from a standing start, since 20km is the rough length of an average sized rally stage. For instance to get to 20km around Chamonix you'd have to do 3 laps (the full circuit is what I'm talking about). Also, 20km is roughly 12.4 miles for those that use it, like me.
So is the general idea to go for an ultimate "all-around" tune?

I was going to suggest scrapping the "any track of choice" idea, but then since it's dirt/snow/tarmac uber tune, if the idea is for a super all-around tune, then allowing testers to pick any track makes it that much more real. :D

You can count me in ahead of time as a tuner for certain, I'm just keeping my fingers crossed I don't get the Renault 5 turbo, was my first rally car used for GT5, and I hated it. :yuck:

So is the general idea to go for an ultimate "all-around" tune?

I was going to suggest scrapping the "any track of choice" idea, but then since it's dirt/snow/tarmac uber tune, if the idea is for a super all-around tune, then allowing testers to pick any track makes it that much more real. :D

You can count me in ahead of time as a tuner for certain, I'm just keeping my fingers crossed I don't get the Renault 5 turbo, was my first rally car used for GT5, and I hated it. :yuck:

It is an all-round, all-terrain contest, yes. :D The Renault 5 probably will be quite slippery, it still has RWD. Still...

Could be worse...think of what the Stratos would do.

@madmyk to answer your question about someone using another tuners work with or without any adjustments. It depends in part on the event. For example my Ring Masters Challenge is as much about driving as it is about tuning. I asked in the rules for it that people post the the tune for any winning run they make and stated that using a tune done by someone else was okay as long as the original tuner was credited. On the other hand for events like the tuner shootouts, they are supposed to be a test of a tuners ability so using another tuners work would not be right especially if you didn't give credit. I do see the possibility for a small grey area however, if a tuner found a tune that they felt was better than the stock car but then made major changes to that it could be argued that its a new tune.
The problem is that if I take someone else's tune and change all the settings by only 1 or 2 points it becomes difficult to prove that its been stolen. The best we can hope for is that people will show the same sense of honesty and fair play that you did, and not try to pass off another tuners work as their own. Personally I never look at another tuners work on a car that I'm tuning until I've got it pretty much complete. At that point I may compare other tunes to see how others dealt with certain issues. If I do take setting from else's tune I ensure the original tuner gets credit for the work.

XDesperado, there's someone missing on that list. And one event that is missing as well. It's the most important one. The one that, although never concluded properly, gave us all this.

Remember this?

We do owe it to Assassin that we have these shootouts, so put him in as a founder or something.

XDesperado, there's someone missing on that list. And one event that is missing as well. It's the most important one. The one that, although never concluded properly, gave us all this.

Remember this?

We do owe it to Assassin that we have these shootouts, so put him in as a founder or something.
Your right about me missing the shootout in the archives listing and I'll definitely put the link in for it.
As far as not putting him on the membership rolls I've so far only put people on that have voiced an interest in helping out in one form or the other. Not trying to exclude him or anyone else who is active on this forum, but simply list those who say they are willing to participate in making the F.I.T. work. So when AssassinTuner volunteers to help in some manner I will add him. Same goes for anyone else in the forum who is active on a regular basis. (Hint to the Monkeys, the Finns, RJ and Roj etc...)

Just wanted to say great work on the guides for tuning events. We should start seeing more tuning challenges and of better quality thanks to your efforts. 👍

Just wanted to say great work on the guides for tuning events. We should start seeing more tuning challenges and of better quality thanks to your efforts. 👍
Thank you for checking it out, hope you'll feel free to voice your opinions as I get us started on hashing out what exactly our standard rules will be and what are some recommended rules for sponsors to use when setting up various events.

Test Driver = Tuner?
No Test Driver as in someone who test drives cars in events and reviews them.
When I find enough motivation I'll add links to all the tuners garages.
Since this is the Federation of International Tuners it should become obvious once those links are added who is a tuner and who is a stalker like Onboy!:D:lol:

No Test Driver as in someone who test drives cars in events and reviews them.
When I find enough motivation I'll add links to all the tuners garages.
Since this is the Federation of International Tuners it should become obvious once those links are added who is a tuner and who is a stalked like Onboy!:D:lol:

Ah ok lol, I was wondering about him XD

Ah ok lol, I was wondering about him XD
Actually there are a couple of other non tuners besides Onboy on the list, and having test drivers/reviewers is always useful. But most of the people on the list are tuners.

Actually there are a couple of other non tuners besides Onboy on the list, and having test drivers/reviewers is always useful. But most of the people on the list are tuners.
Though some started as test drivers. ;)

Back