FITT - Moving on to GT6!

• Thread starter DigitalBaka
  • 2,044 comments
Slight change of plans! I nearly put myself to sleep with the event I was going to run so I've asked Ronald to get his Cobra event together. He should be pursuing it up at the end of this week. I'm sure he will tell us when it is up. :)

Following Ronald we well have JTQs event which should give me enough time to do a rethink on mine. That should take us to the end of October or possibly into November. We will have a look at what we can do for a holiday/year end event around that time. Are we in favor of blading through the holidays with events or should we wrap up before Christmas and resume after New Years?

. Are we in favor of blading through the holidays with events or should we wrap up before Christmas and resume after New Years?

I actually have more time to play during the winter weekends and holidays. SCCA season ends in October. I am clear after that.

Thinking about doing something with LMP race cars if there is any interest? Seems that most tuners here seem to enjoy street cars most, so not sure if many would want to tune cars that difficult? Maybe sticking to more production based race modded cars will have more of an audience?

DigitalBaka
Slight change of plans! I nearly put myself to sleep with the event I was going to run so I've asked Ronald to get his Cobra event together. He should be pursuing it up at the end of this week. I'm sure he will tell us when it is up. :)

Following Ronald we well have JTQs event which should give me enough time to do a rethink on mine. That should take us to the end of October or possibly into November. We will have a look at what we can do for a holiday/year end event around that time. Are we in favor of blading through the holidays with events or should we wrap up before Christmas and resume after New Years?

The tread looks very organized and looks like we have a good list of shootouts coming :cheers:. (Aside from the FAQ...who is in charge of that? :dopey: )

Going by last year we had about three weeks between the end of the TOF shootout and the start of mine (about a week after New Years) and that seemed to work well.

And speaking of my shootout last year, against my better judgment, and if I'm still active it GT5, I would tentatively like to run a Clueless Classics 2 at the start of the year :nervous:

Motor City Hami
I actually have more time to play during the winter weekends and holidays. SCCA season ends in October. I am clear after that.

Thinking about doing something with LMP race cars if there is any interest? Seems that most tuners here seem to enjoy street cars most, so not sure if many would want to tune cars that difficult? Maybe sticking to more production based race modded cars will have more of an audience?

I too am more active in the later months (noone likes to drive a truck in that kind of weather ) and I like your ideas 👍

I would be willing to become a reviewer/tester/mag coordinator if you guys need one

Testers are always welcome, Nick. I'm sure someone will be along to add you to the front page soon enough. Keep your eye on this thread for up coming events 👍

{Cy}

@Nick:
Cool, we can always use more reviewers. 👍
No need to wait for a shootout, just grab a car that looks good to you and put it through its paces. The tuners are (almost) always happy to see a review on their tunes.

I've had an idea for a Budget Challenge, say with a budget of about 70-80k, who can build the fastest car etc etc. ZZII and ZZ-S would be banned, as would the Elise and the GSX-R thingy. Tuners would have to list their car, parts and all prices, excluding engine and chassis overhauls and oil changes. Power limiter limited to 10%, ballast at 10% of car's weight.

Can anyone think of any others cars that need banning, or has general feedback on this idea?

I've had an idea for a Budget Challenge, say with a budget of about 70-80k, who can build the fastest car etc etc. ZZII and ZZ-S would be banned, as would the Elise and the GSX-R thingy. Tuners would have to list their car, parts and all prices, excluding engine and chassis overhauls and oil changes. Power limiter limited to 10%, ballast at 10% of car's weight.

Can anyone think of any others cars that need banning, or has general feedback on this idea?

If you're going to do a budget challenge, include the price of the car and tyres in the budget. You shouldn't need to worry about banning anything then. Both the ZZs are 50-60k,the Elises are 40-60k and the GSX is 120k. A set of race slicks costs you 36k, so I'm sure some enterprising souls can out do any of the aforementioned cars by buying something cheap and slapping some sticky rubber on it...

{Cy}

CyKosis1973
If you're going to do a budget challenge, include the price of the car and tyres in the budget. You shouldn't need to worry about banning anything then. Both the ZZs are 50-60k,the Elises are 40-60k and the GSX is 120k. A set of race slicks costs you 36k, so I'm sure some enterprising souls can out do any of the aforementioned cars by buying something cheap and slapping some sticky rubber on it...

{Cy}

Would a PP limit be a good idea on top of that or not? And I'm very tempted to say SS or harder tyres, racing tyres with 70k~ cars is completely unnecessary.

If anyone else has any good ideas, or wants to take this one, feel free as the most likely scenario is that I'm too busy to host it and test for it... :embarrassed:

Would a PP limit be a good idea on top of that or not? And I'm very tempted to say SS or harder tyres, racing tyres with 70k~ cars is completely unnecessary.

Not sure PP is necessary. With a 70-80k budget, you'd only be able to buy a 34-44k car and still manage to shod it with racing slicks. Don't forget that a customisable tranny cost you 50k, an LSD 20k and suspension 30k, so...

{Cy}

CyKosis1973
Not sure PP is necessary. With a 70-80k budget, you'd only be able to buy a 34-44k car and still manage to shod it with racing slicks. Don't forget that a customisable tranny cost you 50k, an LSD 20k and suspension 30k, so...

{Cy}

I was thinking that PP was a bit over the top too.
FC tranny is 15k
FC suspension is 20k
FC LSD is 7.5k
SS tyres is 8k

So if the budget was 70k, with SS or harder tyres, that would limit the Elise and TommyKaira cars wouldn't it?

How about one model tuning event, Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GTA 1600'65 - FR -745kg (379pp/113hp), it is now available on OCD for Cr 113,010, put it in the budget challenge of 150k or 200k, and see what sort of cars the tuners can produce.

Also limit to default tires that came with the car ( Comfort Soft ), no ballast/weight reduction allowed and 450pp max. It would be like a one make race championship with privateer teams :) and use a custom track for testing and tuning - I have a short one on share, here is a compilation of picture that I posted on another race series :

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=7596454#post7596454

The track is short, easy to learn and features variety of corners and elevation with a nice straight.

Evo's and Subaru's, for the price they are way out in front of most of the competition.
For the old Budget car challenge thread I built an Evo for under 40,000 that was rated at just over 500PP and even with my horrible driving (had to use manual transmission, and only time I try that is while drifting) I was fighting for the seasonal win. The other top car that season was a WRX and we were both well ahead of everyone else in points.

XDesperado67
Evo's and Subaru's, for the price they are way out in front of most of the competition.
For the old Budget car challenge thread I built an Evo for under 40,000 that was rated at just over 500PP and even with my horrible driving (had to use manual transmission, and only time I try that is while drifting) I was fighting for the seasonal win. The other top car that season was a WRX and we were both well ahead of everyone else in points.

Now I'm considering lifting all bans anyway, the price you pay for choosing an Elise or something high-end is no/little customisable parts.

Now I'm considering lifting all bans anyway, the price you pay for choosing an Elise or something high-end is no/little customisable parts.
Specifying the drivetrain type for the event might be a good idea. If you don't depending on track choice and other limitations you place on the event, your liable to see nothing but a group of late nineties Mitsubishi and Subaru cars. They are very cheap for their starting PP and tune up very nicely with limited parts selection.

XDesperado67
Specifying the drivetrain type for the event might be a good idea. If you don't depending on track choice and other limitations you place on the event, your liable to see nothing but a group of late nineties Mitsubishi and Subaru cars. They are very cheap for their starting PP and tune up very nicely with limited parts selection.

You say that as if it's a bad thing. :P I think leaving the event as open as possible is best, it will e interesting to see what people go for, and if it turns out as you say, well then at least it'll be close. :lol:

I was thinking about making my next shootout a longer running side-gig. Like 1 month to tune and 2 months to test.
Mostly because I'd like to make it 5-10 laps with tire wear, online, etc, so to leave plenty of time for any testers bold enough to embrace the challenge.

I was thinking that PP was a bit over the top too.
FC tranny is 15k
FC suspension is 20k
FC LSD is 7.5k
SS tyres is 8k

So if the budget was 70k, with SS or harder tyres, that would limit the Elise and TommyKaira cars wouldn't it?
Well, these budget challenges always limit by price, but what if the price is higher?

You could make the limit low, 40-70K, or you can make it high, like 100-150K.

If car cost is a huge factor, as it is in low price range budget shootouts, where cars like EVO's, STI's, S2000's reign supreme, it's pretty much a group of usual suspects.
If you raise the "budget" to 150K more cars come into play, with the choice of shopping for parts or buying a supercar, etc.
I'd think tires limited is probably better than the alternatives.

If you raise the "budget" to 150K more cars come into play, with the choice of shopping for parts or buying a supercar, etc.
Mmmm...stock supercar vs tuned shopping trolleys sounds interesting. Also, it could lead to some cool experiments of squeezing a decent setup out of sports suspension, etc.

By the way, the 60/40 40/60 460PP shootout has now entered the final round, so it's all good to start the next FITT shootout if you like.

krenkme
The tread looks very organized and looks like we have a good list of shootouts coming :cheers:. (Aside from the FAQ...who is in charge of that? :dopey: )

Going by last year we had about three weeks between the end of the TOF shootout and the start of mine (about a week after New Years) and that seemed to work well.

And speaking of my shootout last year, against my better judgment, and if I'm still active it GT5, I would tentatively like to run a Clueless Classics 2 at the start of the year :nervous:

Posted Sept. 12th. Will this work, or is that slot taken?

DaDog
Say what ? don't make me come over there and strap you behind the ps3 mister , we will not have such toughts ever :mad:

:lol::scared: Easy Dog. I'm just saying that maybe I'll need a little brake by then. You never know :dopey:

Plus I'd like to see you do come over here and try :D: :P

:lol::scared: Easy Dog. I'm just saying that maybe I'll need a little brake by then. You never know :dopey:

Plus I'd like to see you do come over here and try :D: :P

no breaks for you :P

i'd love to come over but wendy wouldn't allow me :ouch:

DaDog

Well if they ever finish that international bridge, I'll set up a route, and come see you then :dopey: (that would be the only way my wife would let me :lol: )

Well if they ever finish that international bridge, I'll set up a route, and come see you then :dopey: (that would be the only way my wife would let me :lol: )

Maybe I'll kick both your doors in (with my wife in tow) :sly:

We are so far :embarrassed:fftopic: it's not even funny, sorry...

{Cy}

Back