FITT - Moving on to GT6!

• Thread starter DigitalBaka
  • 2,044 comments
Maybe we can try to get the testers to give each car the same amount of testing. I don't know how we can do that, but if a tester goes back and test some cars but not others its not fair to the other tuners. Some testers do a 5-10 lap test to know the car, and then really test the car for the fastest lap, maybe we can encourage that? Just throwing it out there:)

I would prefer testers run two three lap sessions rather then one 10 lap session, that's how much more equal I think it makes the times.
With any one session testing, the first cars tested are at the biggest disadvantage, with any two session testing, it ensures many laps have been driven, and lines more properly learned.

Potential Can of Worms time.

How do we all feel about custom tracks..?? I've made a few since acquiring the game and raced on them with friends. None of this 'jump' business or stupid camber tracks. Proper, designed for purpose courses.

Obviously this would require some vetting and approval for a collective of people...

{Cy}

PS - For those of you on my PSN list, I might already have a track shared, if you wanted to see the sort of thing I mean...

How do we all feel about custom tracks..??

I was planning on using them for my shootout a long time ago. I have come up with a default track list of suitable tracks for testing on and I'll give it to you soon, guys. ;)

I would prefer testers run two three lap sessions rather then one 10 lap session, that's how much more equal I think it makes the times.
With any one session testing, the first cars tested are at the biggest disadvantage, with any two session testing, it ensures many laps have been driven, and lines more properly learned.

That's what I was trying to say :). If a tester takes car A out for two 3 lap sessions but only takes car B out for one 3 lap session because they feel they got all they could, or didn't have the time it's not fare to tuner B. That's something we can't implement, but we can encourage this method. (3 laps is just an example if a tester wants tio run 2 to 50 that's there choice just as long as it's even)

Potential Can of Worms time.

How do we all feel about custom tracks..?? I've made a few since acquiring the game and raced on them with friends. None of this 'jump' business or stupid camber tracks. Proper, designed for purpose courses.

Obviously this would require some vetting and approval for a collective of people...
{Cy}
PS - For those of you on my PSN list, I might already have a track shared, if you wanted to see the sort of thing I mean...
I was planning on using them for my shootout a long time ago. I have come up with a default track list of suitable tracks for testing on and I'll give it to you soon, guys. ;)
Question, can you download someone else's custom track and run them offline or do you have to use them online?

If they can only be used online then you can't use them to test shared cars. Also some people have poor connections or no internet connections so won't be able to participate with custom tracks, at least as testers.

The above list of potential problems doesn't, and shouldn't rule custom tracks out, but instead things to keep in mind if planning an event on a custom track.

If designer tracks are going to be used,I'd suggest that that track be released/announced a couple days prior to the shootout to give the TD's a chance to learn the track prior to Hot Lap and reviews. as some of these track can be difficult to get close to mastering( I know I have 2 that I test on as well as Laguna Seca(LS) and Trial Mountain(TM)) and it takes a while to find those breaking zones and corner speeds. Then limit what AN INITIAL TEST IS!(4-8) and what a HOT LAP IS!(3-4)? that way we won't run into someone spending 30 laps on on car and 5 on another etc. cause they tired or in a rush. Finally it must remain open to all drives of all skill levels, I'd like to stay away from divisions ie the WRS And an announcement in the general forum may be a good idea as well?!

Hope this makes sense
Indy

Question, can you download someone else's custom track and run them offline or do you have to use them online?

You can use them offline and online. ;)

Then limit what AN INITIAL TEST IS!(4-8) and what a HOT LAP IS!(3-4)?

And an announcement in the general forum may be a good idea as well?!

I guess I could try and get the testers for my shootout to do a 5 lap initial test around chosen tracks (preferably one for each surface) then I'd make them choose one tarmac, one gravel and one snow circuit which they'll do 3 hotlaps on in the car. Bearing in mind lap time won't matter in mine, just general feel. Sort of like the Driver's Choice award except it actually wins you the shootout.

By announcement do you mean announcing the shootouts? I doubt the mods would exactly take that on very well at all, just an advertisement for one of them in the wrong forum... :rolleyes:

That's what I was trying to say :). If a tester takes car A out for two 3 lap sessions but only takes car B out for one 3 lap session because they feel they got all they could, or didn't have the time it's not fare to tuner B. That's something we can't implement, but we can encourage this method. (3 laps is just an example if a tester wants tio run 2 to 50 that's there choice just as long as it's even)

Yes and yes. Implementing a 2 session test should be possible as long as the drivers are trusted to do such a thing. I don't think any of the folk who have tested in the other shootouts so far would fall outside this category.

Then limit what AN INITIAL TEST IS!(4-8) and what a HOT LAP IS!(3-4)? that way we won't run into someone spending 30 laps on on car and 5 on another etc. cause they tired or in a rush.

This is a good idea, however a minimum to maximum range could be given so testers who are willing to spend more time can, should they choose.

If designer tracks are going to be used,I'd suggest that that track be released/announced a couple days prior to the shootout to give the TD's a chance to learn the track prior to Hot Lap and reviews. as some of these track can be difficult to get close to mastering( I know I have 2 that I test on as well as Laguna Seca(LS) and Trial Mountain(TM)) and it takes a while to find those breaking zones and corner speeds.

Again a very sensible suggestion. Otherwise if the number of laps is capped for any tester, some (I for one) will spend all their allocation for the first few tunes figuring out where the corners are, let alone how to get around them.

Hope your medical woes are as minimal as they could be Indy. Remember to do what the quacks tell you, and you'll be back before you know it.👍

By announcement do you mean announcing the shootouts? I doubt the mods would exactly take that on very well at all, just an advertisement for one of them in the wrong forum... :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

No i meant if tuners out weight TD's. Then maybe an announcement saying Test driver wanted or something like. If that is something we'd want to do, even keep in the tuning forum in another post; just throwing thing at the wall and seeing what sticks:sly:

Indy

No i meant if tuners out weight TD's. Then maybe an announcement saying Test driver wanted or something like. If that is something we'd want to do, even keep in the tuning forum in another post; just throwing thing at the wall and seeing what sticks:sly:

Tuners always outweigh TD's though...if you know what I mean. I'm not sure about it, it could work if...well, it just might work. One might wanna try it one day, I'm probably not gonna bother with it for my shootout.

Tuners always outweigh TD's though...if you know what I mean. I'm not sure about it, it could work if...well, it just might work. One might wanna try it one day, I'm probably not gonna bother with it for my shootout.

That's what I thought as well. And not just the shootout host announcing it but something from F.I.T. Attention FIT is in need of test driver of all skill levels to get into some of the wickedest tunes on :gtpflag: for tuner shootouts....etc

Indy

I've almost got CSLACR's score sheet done. It supports two tracks currently. More tracks makes it more complex of course, so please keep that in mind when setting up a new competition. :nervous:

This sheet will make scoring competitions very easy for the organizer. Results can be grouped by tester or tuner, including tester comments. At the end each tuner can get a list of all tester comments for their car.

As of now, I would still need to set up the sheet at the beginning of a competition and add or subtract testers and tuners. The rest can be done by the organizer.

Look for a link to the template soon...Cheers.

I've almost got CSLACR's score sheet done. It supports two tracks currently. More tracks makes it more complex of course, so please keep that in mind when setting up a new competition. :nervous:

This sheet will make scoring competitions very easy for the organizer. Results can be grouped by tester or tuner, including tester comments. At the end each tuner can get a list of all tester comments for their car.

As of now, I would still need to set up the sheet at the beginning of a competition and add or subtract testers and tuners. The rest can be done by the organizer.

Look for a link to the template soon...Cheers.
Sounds great madmyk. Thanks for doing the hard work for all us sponsors!👍👍:gtpflag:

Wow Myk. Looks great. So the testers can look after adding their own times in now?

It's probably better if the Testers still keep their own posts. The organizer should do data entry and not let anyone else edit, but they can also copy and paste the reviews. I think if you only have view access, you can still use the filters to see just your results, as a tester or tuner. The tuner can filter on his name and see all the reviews in one place.

Thanks for the feedback Tris. I encourage you guys to type in times for the tracks and see how it shows the totals and averages on the Results tab.

I made some changes. :D
But it seems I'm up and running for it, thanks for the work, it seems excellent in function.

I made some changes. :D
But it seems I'm up and running for it, thanks for the work, it seems excellent in function.

Well let me know what changes, unless you were just changing your times :). I'll give you a version with the data cleared out.

Just added a link for Mafia Boy's The Two Hundred Through The Tunnel Challenge!! in the Ongoing Events.
Any drag tuners/drivers are encouraged to check it out. If you've not tried drag racing yet here's your chance to see what its all about!

Moved RVR's 525PP European Car Shootout to the archives. Also added AssassinTuners HKSCT230R Tuner Shootout to the archives. This last one was my first Shootout here and without AssassinTuner's encouragement and help I wouldn't have organized the FF Shootout. Thanks Onboy for the reminder and thanks Assassin for setting the stage for F.I.T.:cheers::gtpflag:

Oi, just to clarify something. My challenge is a TOP SPEED RUN, NOT A DRAG RACING CHALLENGE, so I encourage ALL SPEED FREAKS to apply. :cool:

Oi, just to clarify something. My challenge is a TOP SPEED RUN, NOT A DRAG RACING CHALLENGE, so I encourage ALL SPEED FREAKS to apply. :cool:
I intend to at some point, it's from the last turn to the end of the tunnel, right?

Schedules, how would people feel about structuring events along the below lines??

Week 1
Fri - Start Building

Week 2
Sun - Finish Building

Week 3
Mon - Start Testing
Sun - Finish Testing

This gives those building two weekends to do so. Testing/Reviewing I think can be done in a week. Even if it can't, you'll have a run-over of four days before the next event kicks off.

I'm worried that a two week turn around is going to be tight for peeps like me. I really only get one decent session during the week and one day at the weekend. I've found both sides of a shootout can be time consuming and we saw the Euro slip right by a few days, on what was quite a long schedule...

{Cy}

I'm open to trying various formats for scheduling to see if we can find what works best.

While there are a couple other sponsors lined up before me on the schedule, I'll go ahead and lay out my proposal on scheduling and testing. Already ran this by CSLACR and I'm open to more feedback.

I'm planning to set up groups based on order of submission. The way it works is that the first 6 tunes submitted form group 1. As soon as the group is formed and posted people can start testing those cars. There will be 1 week from formation of the group for people to test those tunes. Meanwhile the next 6 tunes submitted form group 2, with testing being open as soon as its formed and lasting the same 1 week from formation. If the number of tuners remains around the same as we have been seeing there will probably be 3-4 groups total. The fastest car from each group and the drivers choice from each group will go on to a final round with a 2 day window between final testing of the last first round group that tuners can make adjustments to their tunes in. Since I plan on letting everyone who wants to test and since people only have to submit times for 6 cars we should get more test results. Seeing a list of 20 cars to test can be a bit daunting while only needing to test 6 cars for your results to count is much easier to do. Anyone testing will have to test all cars in a given group but won't have to commit to testing all groups.

Again any thoughts/feedback on this proposal are welcome.

Remember
As Harvey Wallbanger always says...
Drive hard and have fun!:cheers::gtpflag:

👍👍 Double Thumbs from me.

My second train of thought was along the lines of having staged releases of builds, so that kinda fits in with the above...

{Cy}

You will have to set the proposed rules out before the event starts. Then nobody can complain. Maybe set out a Division Series process to match our current Single Group process. Then an event organiser can write something like below.

'We will be using the FIT Division Series rules as set out (insert link). The tunes will be divided into # Divisions as they are entered. Only the best # of tunes judged by the times submitted in each Division will move through to the Fiinal tests. The tuners choice in each Division will also move through to the Final.

The testers will be divided evenly into those Divisions for the initial testing. All testers will be invited to participate in the Final testing phase.'

The division of tuners and drivers might need to be decided into separate divisions as they flow in. You might end up with a group of 2 to go along with your other divisions of 6.

There could also be a 24 HR optional retune between the Division and Final series. But that is just another idea to keep the tuners active in the series as it runs.

Back