FITT Old Vs. New Hatchback Challenge

Which pair of cars is the best looking of the bunch?

• Total voters
I would like to take a minute and thank each and every one of you for the help, sharing your wisdom and ideas. I just won my first 2 seasonals with cars I have tuned from scratch. The 207 race wonderfully at the new Rome seasonal and a '07 Mustang GT handled the compition at Big Willow with ease. What a cool feeling! Again....THANKS! I appreciare you all!;);) :cheers:

I would like to take a minute and thank each and every one of you for the help, sharing your wisdom and ideas. I just won my first 2 seasonals with cars I have tuned from scratch. The 207 race wonderfully at the new Rome seasonal and a '07 Mustang GT handled the compition at Big Willow with ease. What a cool feeling! Again....THANKS! I appreciare you all!;);) :cheers:
Awesome man. Don't go getting too big for yer britches:lol:

No worries. Saving the best till last (or worst??) :) You must have been spending more time in the south of France recently to get through all those cars.
Forcing my self to do 3 to 4 cars a day. I was doing 2-3 a day. After I finish I have to go blast around on some fun cars to relive stress. I don't recall this track causing me this much aggravation in the past. maybe it's the car+track combo that's doing me in.

Well a series of Tornado warnings (extremely high chance of one happening or the storm has a history of producing them) has ended my play time for a while.

Fiat 500 F ´65

tuner @feydrautha
Best lap time : 2:04.010
DC : 8

A little fun car to drive around the track it´s sounds like there is a V8 engine in it but there aint.
handles very good if you are very carefull with the throttle and the breaks to hard on the throttle the you will die it´s spins you around right a way .. was fun to push hard ..

Fiat 500 1.2 8v Lounge SS ´08
Best ap time : 1:55-984
DC: 8-9

Fast car good accleration breaks fine handling could have been a little better but works Ok.

Just to let everyone know the storms fizzled right before they reached my city got pounded by rain but nothing else.
image.jpg

This was after raining for three minutes it rained for about five

Edit corrected auto incorrect error

Last edited:
Gotta say the USA sure knows how to do some different weather
There are ski resorts that are still open with in 3 hours of my house, one of them has ski runs above tree line.
Tree line for anyone not familiar with the term is the maximum altitude a tree can grow above that it's just grass. No peaks tall enough near me for grass line tho.

Ya, gotta come out here by me for that!. My home is 1 mile up, and its a huge basin surrounded by mountains. The passes are 7100 ft!
That's it? :D
Sounds nice tho stable weather. I grew up in a volcanic basin very stable weather, well stable for that day :lol: Round were I'm at we have paved roads going to 14,000 feet and passes clearing 10,000 feet.

That's it? :D
Sounds nice tho stable weather. I grew up in a volcanic basin very stable weather, well stable for that day :lol: Round were I'm at we have paved roads going to 14,000 feet and passes clearing 10,000 feet.
Naw, the weather isn't very stable. We had tornado warnings last Friday, early week it was high 80,s low 90,s.
Today was 60,s and rain. Cold sleety stuff.

Last edited:
Here in Melbourne our daytime temps range from low 40's in Winter up to 110+ in Summer. I'm about 15km east of Melbourne so I doubt I'm even 100m above sea level. We've got snow 2, maybe 2.5hrs away but it's Winter so no surprises there. We get the occasional earth tremor that might register as a 3 point something & there's no chance of a twister or cyclone near me. Cyclone territory is up the top half of Australia.

Man, thats one place I never made it too that I always wanted to go see. 👍
It's the sporting capital of the world so there's plenty to see if you like enjoying a beer with 50,000 (or more) of your closest mates :D
On another note, anyone else experiencing delays receiving alerts? I think it might be up the brown creek without a paddle! Some are taking over 10 mins to come through :irked:

The Reviews

787bcgr
VW Golf '76 2:00.755
DP 8.3
Easy to drive. Great all around car. Underpowered on the hill. Different gearing?

VW Golf '05 1:56.936
DP 8.3
Liked the trans. Liked the grip and rotation till I gave it gas. Then it wanted to push out.

bowtie-muscle
Honda Civic '83 2:00.635
DP 8.6
Good trans. Good suspension.

Honda Civic Type -R '08 1:55.39
DP 8.5
So, this must be the one you were unhappy with. Lots of tire spin. Front end has this nasty grip then release deal going. Still fast....just not comfortable.

brian wolf
VW Golf '76 2:00.800
DP 8.7
Sharp, stable, little wheel spin. Consistent lap to lap.

VW Golf '04 1:58.001
DP 8
Will over rotate. Front steers on gas, rear off gas. Timing into throttle is everything.. Grip is grabby...would like to see it a little more predictable.

CLSACR
Honda Life Van 1:59.483
DP 9.7
Perfect balance, grip, rotation. Pleasant surprise.

Honda Odyssey '03 1:56.440
DP 9.7
Can make over rotate, and kinda need to. HEAVY! Good trans., some understeer.

coryclifford
DP 8
Honda Civic '83 2:00.751
Darts around a lot. More so under hard braking. Good grip and rotation.

Honda Civic '04 1:57.511
DP 8
Same as above, more pronounced. Front end has a funny sideways jump going from hard brake to hard throttle. Dives for the wall in hard, down hill braking.

DaBomm4
Focus ST170 '03 2:00.951
DP 9
Sweet ride. No bad habits. Pulls out of the corner well. Pulls up off the wall.

Focus ST '13 1:57.220
DP 8.2
Understeer. Throttle makes it push. More front grip, more rotation.

DolHaus
Honda Civic '83 2:00.095
DP 8.5
Feels like driving on gravel. JAM on brakes. Good turn in.

Honda Civic Type-R '04 1:55.095
DP 9.5
Great acceleration and rotation. will rotate under part throttle. Great turn in and grip. Much better brakes on this one.

feydrautha
Fiat 500F '65 2:05.452
DP 8
Quick to oversteer. Needs great throttle control and a steady hand on well chosen lines. Fun drive.

Fiat 500F '08 1:57.421
DP 8.4
Trans. matches car and track well. No bad habits...just couldn't make it go faster.

Fordracer
Peugeot 206 '99 1:59.80
DP 8.5

Peugeot 207 '07 1:55.872
DP 8.5

This is my first time tuning any FWD car. I probably have over 100 laps in them, each. Tried to make them slide a little into the corner with the rear and have the front pull up out of the corner and away from the wall.

krenkme
Honda Life Van 2:00.452
DP 9
Another great van tune. And the only one I tipped over.

Honda Odyssey '03 2:00.306
DP 7.5
Heavy, brakes not up to the job. Drove like a RWD car with a weird front end.

Lionheart2113
Honda CRX '90 2:00.347
DP 8.8
Light, agile, stable. Best lap always on cold tires.

Honda CRZ 1:56.813
DP 8.8
Good traction and jump off corner.

MC Hami
VW Golf '76 1:59.056
DP 10
WOW!

VW Golf '05 1:55.158
DP 10
DITTO! A couple of great cars. No complaints...no changes.

OdeFinn
Honda CRX '90 2:00.752
DP 8.8
Great car. no complaints...seemed like it was faster than the time showed.

Honda CRZ '10 1:58.550
DP 8.3
Prone to understeer, throttle makes it much worse, needs better brakes.

Otaliema
Mini '98 1:58.350
DP 9.75
Wasn't expecting this. Fast, great handling, a little twitchey under braking.

Cooper S '11 1:56.694
DP 8.9
Almost too much rotation. Doesn't like fast transition from gas to brake.

shaunm80
mini '98 2:03.517
DP 8.3
Great brakes...don't use them. Hard to carry speed. Down on power, great handling.

Cooper S '11 1:57.180
DP 8.3
Low speed turning is good. Car slides around more than I would like. Didn't like brakes.

sinof1337
Honda Life Van 2:03.056
DP 8.1
I think the gear package is holding this tune back.

Honda Odyssey '03 2:00.9347
DP 7.5
No front grip. Drives like a RWD car. Brakes need work.

Slender Man
Focus ST 170 '03 2:00.982
DP 8.6
Safe, stable, predictable, great brakes.....needs more speed. Maybe different gearing?

Focus ST '13 1:58.598
DP 8
Heavy, understeer. Hard to make go fast.

My internet crashed twice while I was trying to post this. If my comments seem a little sharp, I apologize. Not my favorite track, however it showed me just how conservative my driving style is. Something I will have to work on. All cars were tested twice, 10 laps first round, 5 laps the second. I got all out of them I could.

Last edited:
The Reviews

shaunm80
mini '98 2:03.517
DP 8.3
Great brakes...don't use them. Hard to carry speed. Down on power, great handling.

Cooper S '11 1:57.180
DP 8.3
Low speed turning is good. Car slides around more than I would like. Didn't like brakes.
You spent a long time driving around Monaco. I applaud that! Thank you for the review(s) and I knew my old mini was not that quick, you seemed to have found its best asset though which was its handling. Great job! :)

Latest Posts

Back