FITT Race Car Tuner Challenge

Which two tracks should we use? (choose two)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Good racing tonight guys. These test nights are turning into as much if not more fun than the actual tuning competitions.

My NSX feels pretty good. My Corvette is a mess. It's got a tail wagging problem.

That was FUN . And I enjoyed really 👍 your car very good Hami .
My car still need work on gear box let see if I couldn't do it I will ask help from clueless Boss .
;).

Damn…ugh…Y I HAZ EXAM NAO?! I wanted to race MCH, in race cars as well! :(

Oh, by the way MCH, if the tracks end up with Motegi in either of the combos, I'm pulling out since I don't have it and blind tuning for a track that is completely unknown to me is just going to be a bit of a waste of time.

Motor City Hami
Good racing tonight guys. These test nights are turning into as much if not more fun than the actual tuning competitions.

My NSX feels pretty good. My Corvette is a mess. It's got a tail wagging problem.

Sorry I couldn't stay longer. Seems my tunes need alot of work. Had fun though :dopey:

I'm in for both classes...625PP may have me sharing ambulance space next to Cy though...:crazy::lol:

What's the deal with downforce, Hami?? I know you were talking about limiting use, but I don't see anything on the front page...

Ta,
{Cy}

CyKosis1973
What's the deal with downforce, Hami?? I know you were talking about limiting use, but I don't see anything on the front page...

Ta,
{Cy}

No limits. These are race cars. I think it presents quite a challenge to decide between downforce and power.

Last edited:
No limits. These are race cars.
Thank you, Sir.
I think it presents quite a challenge to decide between downforce and power.
My current 500PP has almost no downforce at all, pure speed machine. Slower in the tight courses, give it some room to stretch it's legs though..!!

I might revist a couple of the 625PP cars I've tested then, maybe I'll be able to keep them pointing straight...

{Cy}

So is the AEM S2000 still included as it is in the OP?

If so I'll enter that. :)
Based on being "neat-o" and having wanted to tune it for a while.

So is the AEM S2000 still included as it is in the OP?

If so I'll enter that. :)
Based on being "neat-o" and having wanted to tune it for a while.

Yes. The AEM 2000 is in. It has numbers on the side, so I counted it as a race car.

Hami , why isn't the BP Falken RX-7 allowed for 500pp ? :)

The only reason I didn't include it is that it doesn't have any numbers on the side. Silly reason, right. Since there is a tuner car challenge coming up soon, I did not want to duplicate that challenge. The Falken Rx-7 is really a tuner car... well a drift car. I don't have any problem adding it as it looks very race carish. I will add for you unless the weenies show up and start asking for all of the tuner cars to be added too.

Thanks! :)

My only reason tbvh ,was that I'm out of money , can't find any of those cars , and that was the closest , and had only 1000 kms! :guilty:

Thanks! :)

My only reason tbvh ,was that I'm out of money , can't find any of those cars , and that was the closest , and had only 1000 kms! :guilty:

Added.

On another note, the track vote is currently leaning to Spa and Monza. The top two tracks in the voting will be used. I think I will have the one with more straight line speed sections used for 625PP and the more twisty of the top two for 500pp.

Added.

On another note, the track vote is currently leaning to Spa and Monza. The top two tracks in the voting will be used. I think I will have the one with more straight line speed sections used for 625PP and the more twisty of the top two for 500pp.

Thank you! :)

About the tracks , I will leave my small opinion right here.
You should use SPA for 500pp and Monza for 625pp. Monza has the straights for more power , SPA is more strategic , wich is better for less PP , and it has more corners , in some 625pp , it would be bad! :(

Yes. The AEM 2000 is in. It has numbers on the side, so I counted it as a race car.
Works for me.

I honestly don't care what the eligible car list is, but I can't help myself but say the things that stand out as obvious elephants in the room.

The only reason I didn't include it is that it doesn't have any numbers on the side. Silly reason, right. Since there is a tuner car challenge coming up soon, I did not want to duplicate that challenge. The Falken Rx-7 is really a tuner car... well a drift car. I don't have any problem adding it as it looks very race carish. I will add for you unless the weenies show up and start asking for all of the tuner cars to be added too.
If we're realistic you already have a handful tuner cars in the shootout.

I get your points, but point a: counting tuner cars as race cars - contradicts point b: Not allowing tuner cars because a shootout for them is coming up.
The Diablo GT1 was in the SGT shootout, being an SGT car. 3 entries. (yes SuperGT, JGTC doesn't exist anymore)

Like I said, if these are the cars you want eligible, it's 100% your shootout, and that ok. 👍 Your reasons for what is in/out don't coincide with the car selection though. :confused:

Dude, just pick a car and move on.
I already picked 1 if you recall. Turns out the AEM is like 543PP with 0 miles, no oil, and minimum aero. It'd be an abomination, :yuck: I'll find something more fitting to 500PP :)

Don't get upset, it's your shootout, you choose the car list.

It is what it is, I pointed it out. I always point things out like that.
9 times out of 10 it's an honest mistake, other times it's that the person made exceptions on purpose, obviously this case is the latter. ;)

Last edited:
Well, with the limited testing I've done (my own fault :dunce: ), I am signing up for the BWM's in both classes. I just hope I get them done in time :dopey:

Don't get upset

I'm not upset. But, all you have offered to this thread is pointing out cars that you think are misclassified or left out. Finding cars that I may have missed was appreciated when the competition was posted. We're now underway and the list is kinda what it is. Below is what I thought through to get to the list. I know that the list isn't perfect. I tried to take a logical approach to make everything fit.

- Wanted the top PP class to be as high as possible. Wrestled between 600PP, 625PP and 650PP. The compromise was 625PP to keep enough strong cars in the group and still make it more of a challenge.
- Wanted 525PP for the low class, but it left out some race mods that couldn't get there.
- Was told about the next challenge of tuner cars so simply drew the line that if it had a number on it, I called it a race car.
- Tried to avoid duping from previous competitions. Looks like I missed the Lambo, praiano has already picked it for this.
- Dropped the Lotus Elise RM and 111 R RM because of their PP advantage.
- Didn't include any classics because krenkme wants to do a classic race car challenge in the near future.
- No NASCAR, no LMP or prototype cars, no F1 and no JGTC.
- After all of this consideration, we are left with a healthy list of fun cars to tune.

Hey MCH, mind changing my car choice to the Camaro SS LM Race Car? The GT is great on softs…just not so nice when on anything else. :lol:

It's difficult to bring the lambo to the level of other Super GT cars in a specific SuperGT shootout. I think that in this "Race cars" categorie the car have a chance to do good and the car by itself is very special to tune, that mean very interesting for me.
Anyway, depending of your decision , i can change and take another one , no problem.👍:)

- Dropped the Lotus Elise RM and 111 R RM because of their PP advantage.

Not sure you needed to drop them, I found no appreciable advantage for the 111R at Monza. It performed quite badly there, but then as Praiano said last night, "stupid track, only 3 corners!". I quite like it, but anyway.

It's your Shootout Hami, do as you damn well please Sir, I'll dutifully fall in line...

{Cy}

PS - I'm still undecided on entering a 625PP car. I'll probably give it a miss, had to call the FITT ambulance a few times. What with xDee making himself comfortable in the back, I had to sit up front, which is unnerving when OnBoy is driving ;)

I'm so into this, McHami could you put me in as a tuner for both class.

500pp : Honda Civic RM
625pp : Lexus IS F RM '07

I am the only one voting for Daytona Road Course ... my favorite track for braking practice :(

The list is what it is at this point. Car selections can be changed right up to the deadline. I am not super happy with my Corvette selection. May or may not change it?

I will update the changes requested.

Having a total blast driving these race cars.

I can't believe the number of votes for SPA and Monza. If these two remain in the lead for the rest of the week is everyone cool with this?

500PP at Spa
625PP at Monza

I can't believe the number of votes for SPA and Monza. If these two remain in the lead for the rest of the week is everyone cool with this?

500PP at Spa
625PP at Monza

Yeah, why not. My testing for Spa will have to be done at the Supercar Seasonal (that ND found for me), as I discovered/remembered last night, if you don't own the DLC, you can't race on it without it being a Seasonal Event.

I'm sure it'll make little difference to my final placing :mischievous:

{Cy}

500PP at Spa
625PP at Monza

It'd give my Opera a chance, that's for certain. It is mainly living by its non-existent weight.

GT by Citroen should be ready, but the Opera is only at a base tune stage, for now.

Aw man, just realised I have an Integra RM tune that is just over by 500PP...but I'm sure the Opera would trump it. The Opera's speed can be scarcely believable when stock, so there is no reason to believe it won't perform at 500PP.

Latest Posts

Back