FITT RUF Challenge

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 1,256 comments
What? Do you not reread what you write? :lol:

Camber to zero is always the first thing I do.
Posted on my phone. It death flopped just prior to christmas so the screen is very cracked so it's hard to read it. Didn' see the typo.
geared=heard.
I agree camber 0, 99% of the time. When used, do it very sparingly.

Well I guess I'm crazy... I've been adding .4 to .5 camber on the rear of some of my tunes that have an issue holding grip mid corner and have "felt" a slight improvement... Maybe it's just a placebo effect and I'm just learning some throttle control finally! :lol::cheers:

It seems that some camber can improve the progressiveness of slip... I ran 0.5/1.5 front/rear on my BTR momentarily and it felt good until I tried it at a track where I knew what times to actually expect. Then took it away again and found that other changes I'd made after adding the camber calmed the car down enough that taking it away helped the car overall.

Well I guess I'm crazy... I've been adding .4 to .5 camber on the rear of some of my tunes that have an issue holding grip mid corner and have "felt" a slight improvement... Maybe it's just a placebo effect and I'm just learning some throttle control finally! :lol::cheers:
camber can help some cars, but most of the time as @DolHaus said use it to find the real problem than remove it, I use it at 0.5/1.5 set up when I'm having grip problems on the car the camber slows the loss of grip long enough to find out where in the turn the problem is and i'm able to correct it. I than remove it and more offtten than not it's fully corrected and the car is a much quicker.

camber can help some cars, but most of the time as @DolHaus said use it to find the real problem than remove it, I use it at 0.5/1.5 set up when I'm having grip problems on the car the camber slows the loss of grip long enough to find out where in the turn the problem is and i'm able to correct it. I than remove it and more offtten than not it's fully corrected and the car is a much quicker.

Hmmmm... since 3 of you have all said basically the same thing guess I'd better revisit the tunes I thought were better with camber and double check my theory!

This forum is so helpful thanks to this awesome community we're a part of! Thanks as always guys! :cheers:

My choon is up.

Probably sucks, I was all out of talent just now putting some more tweaks into it, still backed up my 1:29s but have a feeling I may have taken a little pace out of it in the process. Who knows, maybe the fast guys will drive it faster than their own tunes, I just can't officially call it a 1:28 car and I've lost my want to make it so. :lol:

My choon is up.

Probably sucks, I was all out of talent just now putting some more tweaks into it, still backed up my 1:29s but have a feeling I may have taken a little pace out of it in the process. Who knows, maybe the fast guys will drive it faster than their own tunes, I just can't officially call it a 1:28 car and I've lost my want to make it so. :lol:
Awsome sir. @shaunm80 will get that added later.
Hey sometimes the key to winning these things is to slow it down.

My choon is up.

This is why I always keep notes of any changes I make. Call it OCD if you like but when I was making my F3 tune, if I made a change that I didn't like, I could always revert to the previous settings and go from there.

Hmmmm... since 3 of you have all said basically the same thing guess I'd better revisit the tunes I thought were better with camber and double check my theory!

This forum is so helpful thanks to this awesome community we're a part of! Thanks as always guys! :cheers:
It feels great but it always loses a few tenths against a 0.0 tune of equal quality, you can make fairly dramatic balance adjustments by using it but it comes with a penalty. Don't ignore it entirely as it can be used in small amounts to smooth out grip transitions or slight balance quirks but it should be viewed as a final option when you just can't find the happy medium elsewhere

This is why I always keep notes of any changes I make. Call it OCD if you like but when I was making my F3 tune, if I made a change that I didn't like, I could always revert to the previous settings and go from there.

Oh, I know what changes I made, I just can't drive it quite hard enough to know for certain if it's faster or slower at full boogie with them right now :lol:

My choon is up.

I tried your tune out but I had a slight problem as I couldn't set the transmission up. I couldn't get the value you put for 5th gear. Essentially I ran with a 4 speed box (2-5) and NO Chassis Reinforcement (Because I only have 1 BTR). My best time was a 1:29.446 - Easy and consistent tune with the exception that every so often it wants to snap oversteer, but that's part of the fun.

Last edited:
I tried your tune out but I had a slight problem as I couldn't set the transmission up. I couldn't get the value you put for 5th gear. Essentially I ran with a 4 speed box (2-5) and NO Chassis Reinforcement (Because I only have 1 BTR). My best time was a 1:29.446 - Easy and consistent tune with the exception that every so often it wants to snap oversteer, but that's part of the fun.

Let me double check the gearbox. Only really using 2nd-5th is intentional, but the values should've worked out.

Edit: Typo, corrected. Actual value was 1.263.

Last edited:
It feels great but it always loses a few tenths against a 0.0 tune of equal quality, you can make fairly dramatic balance adjustments by using it but it comes with a penalty. Don't ignore it entirely as it can be used in small amounts to smooth out grip transitions or slight balance quirks but it should be viewed as a final option when you just can't find the happy medium elsewhere
If only there was a test done to see if a tune is always faster with 0 camber...

My choon is up.

Tune is good. No issues with the build either. Good to go for the event. :)

I drove my Yellow Bird a bit more last night and was not able to make any improvements whatsoever. I hate this point in tuning in GT6, where each change you have made so far has made noticeable differences, but the tune has now plateaued. In slots A, B and C in the tuning menu, I currently have loaded three very different suspension settings. I have transmission, LSD and ballast where I want them, so kept them consistent across the tunes.

Tune A - super soft springs, hard sway bars
Tune B - hard springs, soft sway bars
Tune C - a hybrid, kinda down the middle

All three tunes are nearly the exact lap time, down to one tenth, which is frustrating. One is super easy to drive, not afraid of the curbs or bumps and easy to save if overdone. One carries tremendous corner speed but touch a curb or a bump or miss an apex by the slightest amount and you are heading toward an off-track experience. The third is really the dogs breakfast and not at all performing like a hybrid of the two.

I drove my Yellow Bird a bit more last night and was not able to make any improvements whatsoever. I hate this point in tuning in GT6, where each change you have made so far has made noticeable differences, but the tune has now plateaued. In slots A, B and C in the tuning menu, I currently have loaded three very different suspension settings. I have transmission, LSD and ballast where I want them, so kept them consistent across the tunes.

All three tunes are nearly the exact lap time, down to one tenth, which is frustrating. One is super easy to drive, not afraid of the curbs or bumps and easy to save if overdone. One carries tremendous corner speed but touch a curb or a bump or miss an apex by the slightest amount and you are heading toward an off-track experience. The third is really the dogs breakfast and not at all performing like a hybrid of the two.
Do you think you could say the same thing if you took all 3 to a different track? What I mean is...if you take them somewhere else (GVS) would they still be that close in lap time?

When in doubt go for easy to drive 👍
Both of my cars are PITA to drive at the moment and I'm having a hard time finding that balance you have found.
Took a break today from the RUF's and put out two tunes for the seasonals one entirely new too boot.

kEmhcPg.jpg

Tested RGT again and it felt really good so I think I'm done with it. My only issue is that its not very curb friendly so testers will just have to be careful. Best lap of 1:59.289. Gonna test it again in a few days and if all is well I'll post the tune.

kEmhcPg.jpg

Tested RGT again and it felt really good so I think I'm done with it. My only issue is that its not very curb friendly so testers will just have to be careful. Best lap of 1:59.289. Gonna test it again in a few days and if all is well I'll post the tune.
The curbs are savage, I'm not even sure a trophy truck would be able to suck up those evil red and white 🤬's :lol:

Latest Posts

Back