Intake Tuning
Triple Plate Clutch
Customizable Suspension Kit
Customizable LSD
Customizable Transmission
Carbon Hood (Body Color)
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Racing Brakes

Wheels : Standard Size Rays 57Gainer, in Black.

full

The Setup :

Front, Rear

Ride Height: 90 83
Spring Rate: 6.20 7.90
Dampers (Compression): 4 7
Dampers (Extension): 2 6
Anti-Roll Bars: 2 3
Camber Angle: 0.0 0.4
Toe Angle: 0.00 0.05

Transmission :

Set to default
Adjust final gear to 5.000
Move the max speed to 200km/h
1st. 2.938
2nd. 2.285
3rd. 1.815
4th. 1.488
5th. 1.260
6th. 1.080

Final gear. 3.710

full

LSD

Initial Torque : 12
Acceleration Sensitivity: 21
Braking Sensitivity: 7

Brake Balance :

Set 6/7 or your favourite BB. All are tested without ABS and any assistances.

NOTES
For your transmission, you need to set your first final gear to 4.500. Not 5.000 as you have put. :)

Edited the post mate. Nicely spotted lol
It was a random guess at 5.000 but the transmission line looked right at that first gear setting. :)

Edit: Are you sure it is 5.000 for your first final gear setting? Just want to check as I gave it a go and I don't reach the end of 5th gear before I hit the brakes.

Last edited:
Put another 200 miles on the RGT - did a few tweaks on the suspension, added some ballast and finally got what I wanted, a 1:58.718 (Lost 0.2 in one section even though I had done it perfectly every time the laps before. :grumpy:).

I'll post it for real in the next few days, unless I start hating it again :lol:.

It was a random guess at 5.000 but the transmission line looked right at that first gear setting. :)

Edit: Are you sure it is 5.000 for your first final gear setting? Just want to check as I gave it a go and I don't reach the end of 5th gear before I hit the brakes.
Re-edit... Yeah mate 3.660 as the over all final gear.

Cheers :cheers:

Last edited:
RUF Sports Class Testing

All tunes were given 10 laps of my finest driving under FITT conditions. I am still using my ancient DS3 with AT transmission and X button bashing just like the last FITT event so I expect faster times to come from the other testers. Anyway, here are the reviews for the 3400S. Enjoy.

@lBt_33
Best Lap Time – 1.35.508
DC – 9.7
Tune Comments – A consistent and stable tune. It has the perfect amount of over steer that helped guide the car round corners perfectly whilst giving me the feeling that I was in control of it at all times. Perfect transmission setup and overall balance of the car was spot on. It still had the problem of wheel spin but mostly this was nullified and easy to control through throttle control. Easy to drive and great fun all round. Well done.

@xande1959
Best Lap Time – 1.35.513
DC – 9.1
Tune Comments – Good rotation, predictable and easy to drive. I would have preferred a slightly looser rear for this track but as long as you stay on (or around) the racing line, the planted rear isn’t a problem at all. A good tune but I needed to adapt my driving style quite a lot to get the most out of it.

@coryclifford
Best Lap Time – 1.34.999
DC – 9.7
Tune Comments – A perfect tune all round. The only negative thing I can say about this tune is the ease in which the wheels spin up out of the slow corners but this is easily managed with throttle control. A Great tune that is really easy to drive. Well done.

@randyrockstiff
Best Lap Time – 1.36.001
DC – 8.5
Tune Comments – The rotation in this car was okay but it didn’t feel nimble compared to some of the other tunes. The transmission worked well to minimise wheel spin but it was another 5-speed transmission, which worked better than I would have thought. One thing that I noted about this tune was that it felt heavy, and it was at 1251kgs but it was still competitive in terms of lap time even for having all that ballast. Overall, it was a balanced tune but not one that I adapted too as easy as the others. If this balance could have been achieved with less weight, it would have been right up there in both lap time and DC.

@Brewguy44
Best Lap Time – 1.34.926
DC – 9.4
Tune Comments – Good rotation, a little tail happy causing loss of grip on some corner exits. Lap time wise it was consistent but driving style had a few inconsistent laps although it had no effect on overall lap time, which was good. Very easy to pick a line and make it through most corner safely. Another tune I noticed with 5 gear transmission.. I find it odd given the short straight but it works pretty well indeed. I didn’t feel that I had the confidence to push it past a certain point. DC is in the 9s though due to the amazing lap time it produced. Good tune overall. Well done.

@Otaliema
Best Lap Time – 1.35.957
DC – 9.0
Tune Comments – I will start with the good points, Good rotation, great transmission, LSD worked pretty good, Easy to drive and inspires confidence. A few negative points, This tune was not consistent from lap to lap in terms of corner exit grip and it was quite tail happy coming out of the slow corners. Not a bad tune overall and a few minor changes would make this extremely quick indeed.

@joaosoarescso
Best Lap Time - 1.35.470
DC - 9.2
Tune Comments - A fast and precise tune, very efficient transmission setting which given a few tweaks, could eliminate a lot of the wheel spin out of the low corners. This issue caused a few inconsistencies from lap to lap but it was easy to drive and I always felt like I was in control of the car, which was what I expect with a 3400S. Great job and with a few tweaks, this could be an epic tune.

@Ale67
Best Lap Time - 1.36.419
DC - 8.8
Tune Comments - A tune with great rotation and front grip, transmission design was very good and limited the wheel spin out of the slow corners beautifully. LSD settings scared me at first but I found that with throttle management, they weren’t scary at all. A few issues, the rear was very loose on corner exit, which was sometimes good but mostly meant I was saving the car from spinning around on itself. If you could have reduced the amount of rear slippage, this tune would have been a high 9 in DC. A good tune but not consistent enough from lap to lap for me personally.

RUF Sports Class Testing

All tunes were given 10 laps of my finest driving under FITT conditions. I am still using my ancient DS3 with AT transmission and X button bashing just like the last FITT event so I expect faster times to come from the other testers. Anyway, here are the reviews for the 3400S. Enjoy.

@lBt_33
Best Lap Time – 1.35.508
DC – 9.7
Tune Comments – A consistent and stable tune. It has the perfect amount of over steer that helped guide the car round corners perfectly whilst giving me the feeling that I was in control of it at all times. Perfect transmission setup and overall balance of the car was spot on. It still had the problem of wheel spin but mostly this was nullified and easy to control through throttle control. Easy to drive and great fun all round. Well done.

@xande1959
Best Lap Time – 1.35.513
DC – 9.1
Tune Comments – Good rotation, predictable and easy to drive. I would have preferred a slightly looser rear for this track but as long as you stay on (or around) the racing line, the planted rear isn’t a problem at all. A good tune but I needed to adapt my driving style quite a lot to get the most out of it.

@coryclifford
Best Lap Time – 1.34.999
DC – 9.7
Tune Comments – A perfect tune all round. The only negative thing I can say about this tune is the ease in which the wheels spin up out of the slow corners but this is easily managed with throttle control. A Great tune that is really easy to drive. Well done.

@randyrockstiff
Best Lap Time – 1.36.001
DC – 8.5
Tune Comments – The rotation in this car was okay but it didn’t feel nimble compared to some of the other tunes. The transmission worked well to minimise wheel spin but it was another 5-speed transmission, which worked better than I would have thought. One thing that I noted about this tune was that it felt heavy, and it was at 1251kgs but it was still competitive in terms of lap time even for having all that ballast. Overall, it was a balanced tune but not one that I adapted too as easy as the others. If this balance could have been achieved with less weight, it would have been right up there in both lap time and DC.

@Brewguy44
Best Lap Time – 1.34.926
DC – 9.4
Tune Comments – Good rotation, a little tail happy causing loss of grip on some corner exits. Lap time wise it was consistent but driving style had a few inconsistent laps although it had no effect on overall lap time, which was good. Very easy to pick a line and make it through most corner safely. Another tune I noticed with 5 gear transmission.. I find it odd given the short straight but it works pretty well indeed. I didn’t feel that I had the confidence to push it past a certain point. DC is in the 9s though due to the amazing lap time it produced. Good tune overall. Well done.

@Otaliema
Best Lap Time – 1.35.957
DC – 9.0
Tune Comments – I will start with the good points, Good rotation, great transmission, LSD worked pretty good, Easy to drive and inspires confidence. A few negative points, This tune was not consistent from lap to lap in terms of corner exit grip and it was quite tail happy coming out of the slow corners. Not a bad tune overall and a few minor changes would make this extremely quick indeed.

@joaosoarescso
Best Lap Time - 1.35.470
DC - 9.2
Tune Comments - A fast and precise tune, very efficient transmission setting which given a few tweaks, could eliminate a lot of the wheel spin out of the low corners. This issue caused a few inconsistencies from lap to lap but it was easy to drive and I always felt like I was in control of the car, which was what I expect with a 3400S. Great job and with a few tweaks, this could be an epic tune.

@Ale67
Best Lap Time - 1.36.419
DC - 8.8
Tune Comments - A tune with great rotation and front grip, transmission design was very good and limited the wheel spin out of the slow corners beautifully. LSD settings scared me at first but I found that with throttle management, they weren’t scary at all. A few issues, the rear was very loose on corner exit, which was sometimes good but mostly meant I was saving the car from spinning around on itself. If you could have reduced the amount of rear slippage, this tune would have been a high 9 in DC. A good tune but not consistent enough from lap to lap for me personally.

thanks for your opinion @shaunm80. True, my setup is a very aggressive.

Cheers buddy, appreciate the review :cheers:
RUF Sports Class Testing

@lBt_33
Best Lap Time – 1.35.508
DC – 9.7

@xande1959
Best Lap Time – 1.35.513
DC – 9.1

@coryclifford
Best Lap Time – 1.34.999
DC – 9.7

@randyrockstiff
Best Lap Time – 1.36.001
DC – 8.5

@Brewguy44
Best Lap Time – 1.34.926
DC – 9.4

@Otaliema
Best Lap Time – 1.35.957
DC – 9.0

@joaosoarescso
Best Lap Time - 1.35.470
DC - 9.2

@Ale67
Best Lap Time - 1.36.419
DC - 8.8

Otaliema
Best Lap Time – 1.35.957
DC – 9.0
Tune Comments – I will start with the good points, Good rotation, great transmission, LSD worked pretty good, Easy to drive and inspires confidence. A few negative points, This tune was not consistent from lap to lap in terms of corner exit grip and it was quite tail happy coming out of the slow corners. Not a bad tune overall and a few minor changes would make this extremely quick indeed
Thank you sir.
Guess I should get off my bum and get the scoring sheet made :lol:

@randyrockstiff dont consider this a MR car, it like the S7 got treated like an FR by PD, go grab aLotus, Ferrari or just about any other MR and try it you will very quickly see the differences.

thanks for your opinion @shaunm80. True, my setup is a very aggressive.
Aggressive yes, scary no. :) A good setup and one that I know other testers will love.
Cheers buddy, appreciate the review :cheers:
No worries, I found a lot of good aspects with your tune, just couldn't unlock the speed within it very easily but a great balanced car is always a nice one to drive
I will be needing pointers in tuning MR cars lol first time tuning one so 8.5 is a good result for me
As Otaliema said, this car is not an MR.. The weight distribution is odd to say the least and it was not given much love by PD in the handling department, hence why I picked these cars to get some good tunes put on them.
Thanks Shaun. Cheers mate.
No worries, great tune on this one. Really well done.
Thank you sir.
Guess I should get off my bum and get the scoring sheet made :lol:
As long as they are created in the next week or two, all will be fine. :)
@randyrockstiff dont consider this a MR car, it like the S7 got treated like an FR by PD, go grab aLotus, Ferrari or just about any other MR and try it you will very quickly see the differences.
Ferrari is the best MR car out there for me, it handles like it should and has the correct weight distribution. I guess Ferrari had that written into their contract ;)
Thanks a lot Shaun, hope you get fun with it, I'm very impressed to see how you find it, thanks again :cheers:
Another awesome tune. Great work once again and this will be very useful for any RUF seasonal events should PD make them. :)

RUF Sports Class Testing

@lBt_33
Best Lap Time – 1.35.508
DC – 9.7

@xande1959
Best Lap Time – 1.35.513
DC – 9.1

@coryclifford
Best Lap Time – 1.34.999
DC – 9.7

@randyrockstiff
Best Lap Time – 1.36.001
DC – 8.5

@Brewguy44
Best Lap Time – 1.34.926
DC – 9.4

@Otaliema
Best Lap Time – 1.35.957
DC – 9.0

@joaosoarescso
Best Lap Time - 1.35.470
DC - 9.2

@Ale67
Best Lap Time - 1.36.419
DC - 8.8

Thank you very much on the review. I didn't expect to received such a high score for a first time FITT entry. A recommendation is that if you short shift from the red/blue corner until 4th you can control the wheelspin with full throttle.

Thank you very much on the review. I didn't expect to received such a high score for a first time FITT entry. A recommendation is that if you short shift from the red/blue corner until 4th you can control the wheelspin with full throttle.
I use automatic transmission so short shifting isn't something I practice very often. :) good advice for the MT guys though.

RUF Sports Class Testing

@lBt_33
Best Lap Time – 1.35.508
DC – 9.7

@xande1959
Best Lap Time – 1.35.513
DC – 9.1

@coryclifford
Best Lap Time – 1.34.999
DC – 9.7

@randyrockstiff
Best Lap Time – 1.36.001
DC – 8.5

@Brewguy44
Best Lap Time – 1.34.926
DC – 9.4

@Otaliema
Best Lap Time – 1.35.957
DC – 9.0

@joaosoarescso
Best Lap Time - 1.35.470
DC - 9.2

@Ale67
Best Lap Time - 1.36.419
DC - 8.8

Thanks @shaunm80 for the great review and it's my best score so far in FITT, 👍 it drove really well stock too, my lap times were about the same as yours but I know there are better times to be had.

Cheers Smiley.gif

Thanks @shaunm80 for the great review and it's my best score so far in FITT, 👍 it drove really well stock too, my lap times were about the same as yours but I know there are better times to be had.

I just finished your test driver and just for comparison what was your best time during tuning on your RUF?

i won't tell you now but i will once i got everyones tests.

Im half way thru testing, @lBt_33 @xande1959 @coryclifford @randyrockstiff and @Brewguy44 are done, i'll have everyones review later today... hopefully

time for a break
I look forward to seeing what you made of these tunes. Enjoy the testing and use this time as a learning opportunity for how others have overcome certain issues with the car. That is a bonus of being a tester, you get to see how other tuners can solve problems and how you can use a similar process to make future FITT tunes amazing.

Well here it is, my first ever oficial testing, dont expect to be very detailed and it will be all over the place so i might be talking about suspensions and go to talk about something else and then come back to suspensions.

Hope this helps...

RUF Sports Class Testing

@lBt_33
Best Lap Time - 1:34.230
DC - 9.0
Tune Comments - The car feels loose but controlable, which is hard to achieve and the rear end likes to kick in if you push her to hard. the transmmisson feels good, but it haves alot of wheelspin on exit corner, but keep your foot/thumb steady and it will do fine.

@xande1959
Best Lap Time - 1:34.050
DC - 8.5
Tune Comments -
the car feels very planted, it have a good turn in ability and the rear end kicks if you push it to much, which is easily controlable by steering output, my only concern is the brakes they dont feel quite good, its loose under braking and understeers on slow corners

@coryclifford
Best Lap Time - 1:33.768
DC - 9.5
Tune Comments -
The LSD is almost perfect, good traction coming out of corners with minimal wheel spin, you really have to push it to let the rear slide. The front end feels quite heavy, especially on slower corners, the transmission is good, just a few problems with 4th and 5th on certain areas.

@randyrockstiff
Best Lap Time - 1:34.977
DC - 7.5
Tune Comments - The car feels like its an FR-ish, push it to hard and it understeers and then oversteer, the LSD feels weird to me, maybe its my driving style... maybe, the transmisson is ok, and the car is easily unbalanced by the side markers.

@Brewguy44
Best Lap Time - 1:33.245
DC - 9.7
Tune Comments - This is why i asked you your best lap time, i had to double check if the grip was set to real and it was and double check the tires... I think you did some midnight work on the track and lay down trails on the track because this Porsche can turn, just point and go, i wish it was a little bit more loose, one thing that i found out that i didn't like was braking, trailbrakes a little bit and i have to ease up and go wide, and on slow corners the wheels spins to much and i wish the 2nd gear was a little shorter... other than that very well!!

@Otaliema
Best Lap Time - 1:33.973
DC - 9.0
Tune Comments - The car have good balance, the transmission is perfect and i wouldn't expect less from the transmisson master. The car gives me great confidence, making me going to the edge but once over that edge its tail goes wide, other than that very good!

@Ale67
Best Lap Time - 1:33.560
DC -8.0
Tune Comments - This car rear end.. oh boy it sure like to go, keep it within the limits and the combination between transmission and LSD is perfect, but if i could keep that rear in place with only a little bit of oversteer i think i would reach the 1:32...

EDIT

My review
@joaosoarescso
Best Lap Time - 1:33.265
DC - 8.5
Tune Comments - I dont know where to start.. i can tell you what i had in mind when tuning this car. I had in mind stability on corner, i tried to keep both ends on track the much i could and like @shaunm80 said it turned out precise and predictable like a Boxster should. The transmission needs some tweaks but i still dont know how to tweak that yet so this sould do. If someone is interrest in after this FITT is finished in fine tuning this 3400S to be epic

Last edited:
Well here it is, my first ever oficial testing, dont expect to be very detailed and it will be all over the place so i might be talking about suspensions and go to talk about something else and then come back to suspensions.

Hope this helps...

RUF Sports Class Testing

@lBt_33
Best Lap Time - 1:34.230
DC - 9.0
Tune Comments - The car feels loose but controlable, which is hard to achieve and the rear end likes to kick in if you push her to hard. the transmmisson feels good, but it haves alot of wheelspin on exit corner, but keep your foot/thumb steady and it will do fine.

@xande1959
Best Lap Time - 1:34.050
DC - 8.5
Tune Comments -
the car feels very planted, it have a good turn in ability and the rear end kicks if you push it to much, which is easily controlable by steering output, my only concern is the brakes they dont feel quite good, its loose under braking and understeers on slow corners

@coryclifford
Best Lap Time - 1:33.768
DC - 9.5
Tune Comments -
The LSD is almost perfect, good traction coming out of corners with minimal wheel spin, you really have to push it to let the rear slide. The front end feels quite heavy, especially on slower corners, the transmission is good, just a few problems with 4th and 5th on certain areas.

@randyrockstiff
Best Lap Time - 1:34.977
DC - 7.5
Tune Comments - The car feels like its an FR-ish, push it to hard and it understeers and then oversteer, the LSD feels weird to me, maybe its my driving style... maybe, the transmisson is ok, and the car is easily unbalanced by the side markers.

@Brewguy44
Best Lap Time - 1:33.245
DC - 9.7
Tune Comments - This is why i asked you your best lap time, i had to double check if the grip was set to real and it was and double check the tires... I think you did some midnight work on the track and lay down trails on the track because this Porsche can turn, just point and go, i wish it was a little bit more loose, one thing that i found out that i didn't like was braking, trailbrakes a little bit and i have to ease up and go wide, and on slow corners the wheels spins to much and i wish the 2nd gear was a little shorter... other than that very well!!

@Otaliema
Best Lap Time - 1:33.973
DC - 9.0
Tune Comments - The car have good balance, the transmission is perfect and i wouldn't expect less from the transmisson master. The car gives me great confidence, making me going to the edge but once over that edge its tail goes wide, other than that very good!

@Ale67
Best Lap Time - 1:33.560
DC -8.0
Tune Comments - This car rear end.. oh boy it sure like to go, keep it within the limits and the combination between transmission and LSD is perfect, but if i could keep that rear in place with only a little bit of oversteer i think i would reach the 1:32...
You are missing your own lap time/dc/review.. Something your not telling us? ;)

Edit: Awesome job for your first test and you are very quick too. Really great times and well reviewed.

Back