FITT RUF Challenge

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 1,256 comments
Are you kidding me!!! :eek: I don't know what to say but Thank You!! :bowdown: I just took it out and I'm down to 2:08.800 đź‘Ť I'm happy with that lap time and taking 2 secs off my time.

View attachment 508880
No worries at all, you deserve your lap time and DC with the tune you produced. Also, I have excellent track knowledge at GP/F as it was the same track that the M Power challenge was run on so I know each and every corner very well indeed. I have run many hundreds of laps around that place which helps I guess.

Also, Did you mix up open track day class and supersport class? 2.08 sounds like a Suzuka time to me. :)

RUF Supersport Class Testing

All tunes were given 10 laps of testing under FITT conditions. Usual controls for me, DS3 controller, X button, AT Transmission. A great selection of tunes to drive and I had a lot of fun testing these German beasts. Anyway, here are the reviews. Enjoy.

@shaunm80 (RI Installed)
Best Lap Time – 2.03.580
DC – 9.4
Tune Impressions – Loose but grippy rear, good front-end rotation. Need to watch throttle application when exiting slow corners but easy to correct minor slides without losing too much time. Good brakes and a consistent level of grip. Driven sensibly, this tune is consistent each and every lap.

@787bcgr
Best Lap Time – No tune submitted
DC – N/A
Tune Impressions - Nil

@lBt_33 (Non RI)
Best Lap Time – 2.02.916
DC – 9.0
Tune Impressions – Front rotation is virtually perfect, LSD is very good, front grip is excellent and really bites into the corners and the brakes are very good indeed. A few issues for me, The rear is slightly over tuned, it has too much rear grip and is not loose enough for me, when I put the power down, the rears bite too much meaning I had to come off the power to straighten the car up at times. This only happens on slower corner exits but it did make this tune a little inconsistent. If you could loosen the rear a little and compromise on the level of grip you currently have, this tune would have been faster and more fun for me to drive.

@randyrockstiff (RI Installed)
Best Lap Time – 2.03.328
DC – 9.0
Tune impressions – A stable and well-balanced tune. Dare I say it, a little too much grip on the rear tyres, and not loose enough for me personally, but when I was able to get back on the power, the extra grip this tune provides really helps the acceleration out of the corners. Transmission and front end rotation worked well and a nice car all around to drive. Made this RR beast very easy to drive and extremely safe and enjoyable. A great tune for many to enjoy. Awesome job.

@Brewguy44 (RI Installed)
Best Lap Time – 2.03.197
DC – 10.0
Tune Impressions – Awesome tune, driver intuitive, loads of grip with the right amount of rear slide for the slow corners. Corner exit grip was spot on and the lack of wheel spin made car joyous to drive. Not a single complaint from me regarding your tune. Fantastic work.

@MrGrado (RI Installed)
Best Lap Time – 2.03.833
DC – 7.8
Tune Impressions – I will start with the good stuff, It can be fast, really fast! The transmission design was odd to me but it worked very well and had good acceleration. Turn in rotation was good but it felt a little stiff at times, combined with the mid corner slide it was manageable, however, the rear of this car was too loose for me and resulted in a lot of over steer moments. Even on quick back straight (with the right kink in it) it was oversteering and I had to adjust my driving style to suit the tune. Not enough rear grip to inspire full confidence in me for this car but I can see that in the right hands, this car can be devastatingly quick and a lot of fun to drive. A tad more rear grip and I would have enjoyed this tune a lot more.

@ugabugaz(Non RI)
Best Lap Time – 2.02.578
DC – 9.9
Tune Impressions – Great rotation, great balance, wheel spin has been controlled nicely and the rear is loose enough for me to slide around bends without losing too much time and in safe, controlled manner. Great brakes and transmission design. Most importantly, this is a consistent tune that would be awesome in any A Spec race. Great work with this one. Well done.

@Ale67 (RI Installed)
Best Lap Time – 2.03.360
DC – 9.5
Tune Impressions – Great rotation, good levels of grip allowing a variety of driving lines, excellent transmission, LSD settings are near-perfect, as was the balance of the car. However, One niggle I had was some twitchiness when powering out of corners that cost me some lap time. I saw a 2.02 on the books but it didn’t quite happen unfortunately. A near-perfect tune but the twitchiness can make it a little inconsistent at times. That being said, the most important thing about this car is that I really enjoyed driving it and I also managed to roll it over and land on its feet. Great job with this one!
Interesting, I noticed exactly the same pattern in times with body rigidity installed

Bad patterns I suppose, I built two cars to compare the non-RI vs. RI and the car was always slower with RI no matter how it was set up
What about stability though? did RI make the car easier to drive at the limit and improve handling or did it have no discernible difference?

What about stability though? did RI make the car easier to drive at the limit and improve handling or did it have no discernible difference?
Not really, the car felt more solid but seemed to have less grip. Very similar to running overly stiff springs but without the increased responsiveness

All tunes were given 10 laps of testing under FITT conditions. Usual controls for me, DS3 controller, X button, AT Transmission. A great selection of tunes to drive and I had a lot of fun testing these German beasts. Anyway, here are the reviews. Enjoy.

@shaunm80 (RI Installed)
Best Lap Time – 2.03.580
DC – 9.4
Tune Impressions – Loose but grippy rear, good front-end rotation. Need to watch throttle application when exiting slow corners but easy to correct minor slides without losing too much time. Good brakes and a consistent level of grip. Driven sensibly, this tune is consistent each and every lap.

@787bcgr
DC – N/A
Tune Impressions - Nil

@lBt_33 (Non RI)
Best Lap Time – 2.02.916
DC – 9.0
Tune Impressions – Front rotation is virtually perfect, LSD is very good, front grip is excellent and really bites into the corners and the brakes are very good indeed. A few issues for me, The rear is slightly over tuned, it has too much rear grip and is not loose enough for me, when I put the power down, the rears bite too much meaning I had to come off the power to straighten the car up at times. This only happens on slower corner exits but it did make this tune a little inconsistent. If you could loosen the rear a little and compromise on the level of grip you currently have, this tune would have been faster and more fun for me to drive.

Best Lap Time – 2.03.328
DC – 9.0
Tune impressions – A stable and well-balanced tune. Dare I say it, a little too much grip on the rear tyres, and not loose enough for me personally, but when I was able to get back on the power, the extra grip this tune provides really helps the acceleration out of the corners. Transmission and front end rotation worked well and a nice car all around to drive. Made this RR beast very easy to drive and extremely safe and enjoyable. A great tune for many to enjoy. Awesome job.

Best Lap Time – 2.03.197
DC – 10.0
Tune Impressions – Awesome tune, driver intuitive, loads of grip with the right amount of rear slide for the slow corners. Corner exit grip was spot on and the lack of wheel spin made car joyous to drive. Not a single complaint from me regarding your tune. Fantastic work.

@MrGrado (RI Installed)
Best Lap Time – 2.03.833
DC – 7.8
Tune Impressions – I will start with the good stuff, It can be fast, really fast! The transmission design was odd to me but it worked very well and had good acceleration. Turn in rotation was good but it felt a little stiff at times, combined with the mid corner slide it was manageable, however, the rear of this car was too loose for me and resulted in a lot of over steer moments. Even on quick back straight (with the right kink in it) it was oversteering and I had to adjust my driving style to suit the tune. Not enough rear grip to inspire full confidence in me for this car but I can see that in the right hands, this car can be devastatingly quick and a lot of fun to drive. A tad more rear grip and I would have enjoyed this tune a lot more.

@ugabugaz(Non RI)
Best Lap Time – 2.02.578
DC – 9.9
Tune Impressions – Great rotation, great balance, wheel spin has been controlled nicely and the rear is loose enough for me to slide around bends without losing too much time and in safe, controlled manner. Great brakes and transmission design. Most importantly, this is a consistent tune that would be awesome in any A Spec race. Great work with this one. Well done.

@Ale67 (RI Installed)
Best Lap Time – 2.03.360
DC – 9.5
Tune Impressions – Great rotation, good levels of grip allowing a variety of driving lines, excellent transmission, LSD settings are near-perfect, as was the balance of the car. However, One niggle I had was some twitchiness when powering out of corners that cost me some lap time. I saw a 2.02 on the books but it didn’t quite happen unfortunately. A near-perfect tune but the twitchiness can make it a little inconsistent at times. That being said, the most important thing about this car is that I really enjoyed driving it and I also managed to roll it over and land on its feet. Great job with this one!

@shaunm80 thank you friend, you have done a good time, thank you for the good review!! :bowdown:

Well, if the times say I'm quicker at Trial than you are, I guess we're even for how badly you'd murder me at GVS :sly:

Doubt that'll be the case though. :P
That's a good point about being even, but it all depends on your time because you are quick when you don't suffer through a bad tune:scared:.... And that lap time would be????

No worries at all, you deserve your lap time and DC with the tune you produced. Also, I have excellent track knowledge at GP/F as it was the same track that the M Power challenge was run on so I know each and every corner very well indeed. I have run many hundreds of laps around that place which helps I guess.

Also, Did you mix up open track day class and supersport class? 2.08 sounds like a Suzuka time to me. :)

Ooops, Yea I guess I did,sorry about that

!!!!---WARNING---!!!

This is pretty much a RWD with over 600bhp so be warned

My initial thoughts when i took this car for a test drive was.. horrible it felt like a reversed layout of a Audi R8 in reverse:confused:

After installing the allowed parts i thought this car would become extremely fast but when it came to tuning that 4WD LSD...:banghead::banghead: so i got rid of the front and focus only on the back.

View attachment 508843

RUF CTR2 1996

575PP
614CV (around 605bhp)
93kfm of torque
1250kg

Sports Soft
Wheels: Motegi Rancing TOUGE
Calipers: Yellow
Rigidity improve

Power:
Power limiter at 96,3
Stage 2 turbo kit
everything else stock

Body:
Stage 3 weight reduction
Carbon hood
Balast at 55kg at+15
Weight distribuition 48:52

LSD:
5/25
5/12
5/25

Tripe Clutch

Torque slipt 10:90

Gearbox:
Follow instructions - First set the final gear to 4000 then speed to 230kmh:

1Âş 3,300
2Âş 2,350
3Âş 1,770
4Âş 1,445
5Âş 1,200
6Âş 1,040
Final: 2,700

Suspension:
100/100
6,20kgf/9,80kgf
6/4
5/7
5/2
0,0/0,0
-0,05/0,25

Racing brakes: 6/7

Drive it like you stole it and you going to have a blast around the S's and the Spoon, if the rear let's go just floor it and she will hold her rear until the end. Drive it with caution, tap braking on the S's to send weight to the front and you can make the most of the brakes.

Hope you enjoy her as much i did:D
Build is fine. Good to go. :)

@shaunm80 (RI Installed)
Best Lap Time – 2.03.580
DC – 9.4

@787bcgr
DC – N/A
Tune Impressions - Nil

@lBt_33 (Non RI)
Best Lap Time – 2.02.916
DC – 9.0

Best Lap Time – 2.03.328
DC – 9.0

Best Lap Time – 2.03.197
DC – 10.0

@MrGrado (RI Installed)
Best Lap Time – 2.03.833
DC – 7.8

@ugabugaz(Non RI)
Best Lap Time – 2.02.578
DC – 9.9

@Ale67 (RI Installed)
Best Lap Time – 2.03.360
DC – 9.5

Thank you for the review, and I have to precise that my car is a replica, except the weight distribution. I had two versions, one with the 40:60 and this with 43:57, and I thought it would be better and more grippy... I failed another time ! :lol: :lol:

Thank you for the review, and I have to precise that my car is a replica, except the weight distribution. I had two versions, one with the 40:60 and this with 43:57, and I thought it would be better and more grippy... I failed another time ! :lol: :lol:

You should had picked the 40:60 one

Not necessarily. I am only one tester, you have more reviews to come in still. Who knows what they will think? :)

Bad patterns I suppose, I built two cars to compare the non-RI vs. RI and the car was always slower with RI no matter how it was set up
How you ended up on this conclusion?
For alternative view, car setup made with mint body, never touched on walls, or always repaired after is always going faster than same setup after wall hit/touch.
Car built on RI and mint body is really vulnerable for collisions, meaning it handling suffers more if body is wrecked. Under this kind of situation your claim stands, but then you're already doing something wrong, you have wrecked "loaned"-test car and blaming fails on tune what you have caused by wrecking body.. ;)

How you ended up on this conclusion?
For alternative view, car setup made with mint body, never touched on walls, or always repaired after is always going faster than same setup after wall hit/touch.
Car built on RI and mint body is really vulnerable for collisions, meaning it handling suffers more if body is wrecked. Under this kind of situation your claim stands, but then you're already doing something wrong, you have wrecked "loaned"-test car and blaming fails on tune what you have caused by wrecking body.. ;)
Not a lot to crash into at Nurburgring GP....

Old School RUF Class Testing

This was an eye opening experience for me and I covered all of the emotions I can have with driving a car in GT6...from a feeling of pure bliss to :banghead:🤬🤬🤬:banghead:. I have agonized over so many of these tunes to find my DC scoring...what are the top three cars that I want to drive again? Please note that I drive cars in the order they are posted and not in the order presented here...

So, here goes...I drive with a wheel and use manual transmission:

@TheInfamousJEW6
Best Lap Time - 1:32.011 (YB with improved rigidity installed)
DC - 9.4
Tune Comments - I honestly forgot I was playing a game and disappeared into driving! Very stable tune that felt secure around the entire track...curbs were no problem. The long straight was very stable and I could control the car over the little jump at the start of the third tunnel. The brakes took a lap or two to sort out as they had a "soft" feel and I had to really get my foot into the pedal and hold it. It seemed a bit slow in acceleration along with the soft brakes caused me a bit of trouble early but I adapted quickly because the car was so much FUN! I liked the fact I could toss this around a bit...I left quite a bit of time on the track because in a weird way I was distracted by the car's beauty and the experience of driving it. đź‘Ť

@Soren Jacquet
Best Lap Time - No tune submitted
DC - N/A
Tune Comments - Nil

@hall90
Best Lap Time - 1:36.749 (YB with improved body rigidity installed)
DC - 8.0
Tune Comments - I honestly don't know what to say here as I felt like I forgot how to drive. I couldn't get after the throttle or brakes hard as well as when I tried to reduce the throttle to fast, I lost control of the car. I ended up short shifting and keeping a slight amount of input to the throttle at all times. I had to alter the way I drive to have any chance with this car and to post a clean lap time. I felt like we were fighting like an old married couple all around the track. I couldn't adapt to this and that is on me...:embarrassed:

@Motor City Hami
Best Lap Time - 1:30.569 (YB with improved body rigidity installed)
DC - 10.0
Tune Comments - JUST WOW...a perfect driving experience. After a couple of get to know each other laps it was off to the races. I took your "just mash the throttle and hope for the best!" to heart and had lap after lap of "blue" times and pure joy. I know I can take this car out again and get into the 1:29's... Well you know what they say: "Once you go black, you'll never go back!" Indeed!! :bowdown::bowdown:

@ugabugaz
Best Lap Time - 1:31.687 (YB with a stock body)
DC - 9.3
Tune Comments - This was the only YB tune without added weight and with the stock body without any improvements. WOW...can you throw this car around the track! I LOVED the transmission setup and the acceleration...I finally got my wish for a bit more acceleration and I am not ready for it! This tune felt so fast in and out of the three tunnels. Each lap was a bit of an adventure though and I had quite a few red laps but I was hooked and I wanted to hold on for dear life! This would be a great TT car that would require a big commitment from me in time to unlock all the speed/time that is there. This is the super hot woman (and she knows it) at the party that is completely out of my league! đź‘Ť

@steve nfs
Best Lap Time - 1:30.715 (BTR '86 with body rigidity installed)
DC - 9.7
Tune Comments - This was not love at first sight but I paid attention to your tune advice and drove accordingly. All of a sudden we began to bond and the "blue" laps were coming each and every lap. I had some awkward shift points out on the track and decided to shift with my hands and ears (so to speak)...one corner it hurt me but on another I picked up a significant amount to time. The part of the track between tunnel two and tunnel three killed me as I struggled to find a good line with speed. I felt so stable everywhere else on this track but here. This is a car I want to get right back out on the track with!! đź‘Ť

@xande1959
Best Lap Time - 1:31.794 (BTR '86 with stock body)
DC - 9.0
Tune Comments - Braking was a challenge and I had to "attack" the brake pedal and hold it down but once I got my head around it, I was enjoying the car very much! I needed quite a few laps to help me settle in. I did my best to shift a bit early at 7000 rpm but that led to some awkward points at certain parts of the track. A very stable car that even handled the little jump at the start of tunnel three very well...this felt so very fast exiting the tunnel and on to the start/finish line. I left a fair amount of time on the track with this tune and once again that is on me. đź‘Ť :embarrassed:

@shaunm80
Best Lap Time - 1:32.783 (YB with body rigidity installed)
DC - 8.9
Tune Comments - I enjoyed this tune and car. This car was so stable and I could put down lap after lap with consistent times (for me). I felt so confident and in control of this car. It was a complete joy to drive and look for ways to improve my line, braking points and acceleration. I felt like I needed a bit more acceleration at several points around the track but I am not sure if I could handle the YB with more speed. I was a bit surprised that I wasn't faster with it as I never felt like I left time on the track with this car. Again, I think I was distracted by the car's beauty! đź‘Ť

@Rotary Junkie
Best Lap Time - 1:31.088 (BTR '86 with body rigidity installed)
DC -9.3
Tune Comments - Another fun car to drive and I took to it straight away. As I settled in and started to improve on my lap times, the rear end came alive but I was able to control it and it added to the fun factor. I had some spots on the track where it was awkward on the shift points as I was trying to follow your 7000 rpm recommendation. I ended up riding a gear a little longer or short shifting to help me feel a better "flow" throughout the track. I left a lot of time out on the track and I know this car is ahead of me. :embarrassed: I am in awe of your time in the 1:29's :bowdown:

@coryclifford
Best Lap Time - 1:35.113 (BTR '86 with body rigidity installed)
DC - 8.0
Tune Comments - "550pp tune from hell" and "I hope you come out alive!" Cory, you were not kidding!! I felt like I had to steer the car with my right foot. I honestly thought I forgot how to drive or that my wheel connection from the PS3 had wiggled off...I couldn't even make it to the start/finish line without crashing! I visited quite a few new places around this track and I am at a loss on why this car was impossible for me to keep in a straight line. The car was talking to me in German and I was yelling at it in English...we just couldn't bond. You were my favorite tuner from the Sport Class and I know you spent quite a bit of time on this, but as my Father use to say: " Son, you have gone from the Penthouse to the Outhouse." :lol: I am truly sorry but I am not ready for this tune...:guilty::embarrassed::eek:

@reefer
Best Lap Time - 1:31.414 (BTR '86 with body rigidity installed)
DC - 9.3
Tune Comments - I am in AWE that you can do a 1:29.156 in this car! I am unable to unlock that time but I had so much fun driving this car...just enough "tail wag" for my liking. I had a hard time with the section of track between the second and third tunnels...I never felt fast going through there with awkward shift points...I lost a good time here on several laps. Your car was the best on the small jump at the start of the third tunnel...it sort of "hopped" right to the perfect line to exit the tunnel quickly and continue on to the start/finish line. All in all, a very cool ride and I would be delighted to spend more time improving my skills with this tune! đź‘Ť

Old School RUF Class Testing

This was an eye opening experience for me and I covered all of the emotions I can have with driving a car in GT6...from a feeling of pure bliss to :banghead:🤬🤬🤬:banghead:. I have agonized over so many of these tunes to find my DC scoring...what are the top three cars that I want to drive again? Please note that I drive cars in the order they are posted and not in the order presented here...

So, here goes...I drive with a wheel and use manual transmission:

@shaunm80
Best Lap Time - 1:32.783 (YB with body rigidity installed)
DC - 8.9
Tune Comments - I enjoyed this tune and car. This car was so stable and I could put down lap after lap with consistent times (for me). I felt so confident and in control of this car. It was a complete joy to drive and look for ways to improve my line, braking points and acceleration. I felt like I needed a bit more acceleration at several points around the track but I am not sure if I could handle the YB with more speed. I was a bit surprised that I wasn't faster with it as I never felt like I left time on the track with this car. Again, I think I was distracted by the car's beauty! đź‘Ť
Thank you for the review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed this tune. My tunes are generally more stable than they are fast so I am not surprised with your comments. Great job testing by the way. :)

@Rotary Junkie
Best Lap Time - 1:31.088 (BTR '86 with body rigidity installed)
DC -9.3
Tune Comments - Another fun car to drive and I took to it straight away. As I settled in and started to improve on my lap times, the rear end came alive but I was able to control it and it added to the fun factor. I had some spots on the track where it was awkward on the shift points as I was trying to follow your 7000 rpm recommendation. I ended up riding a gear a little longer or short shifting to help me feel a better "flow" throughout the track. I left a lot of time out on the track and I know this car is ahead of me. :embarrassed: I am in awe of your time in the 1:29's :bowdown:

Bolded: Pretty much the biggest thing I was aiming for without compromising best-case lap time much. The "fast" setup I had at one point required a lot of what you saw with @hall90 's car, which is to say "correct early Porsche driving etiquette". My finalization process consisted of getting rid of as much of that as possible while still being able to get into the 29s, though the drive to get there does require adjusting entry with the throttle to keep the tail in check in a few spots.

The shift point suggestion was determined 100% by straight-line performance, there are areas where it's best ignored as you noticed; I couldn't personally retest the gearbox in manual to find points where it was better left in a lower gear than the 7k shift point but I'm sure there are several.

However, seeing Hami's YB doing the work it is, well, I need to try harder next time it seems. :D

Back