FITT RUF Challenge

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 1,256 comments
Super Sports Class testing
4 down, 4 to go.....
image.jpeg

I'm waiting for the tow truck...:ouch:

Open Track Day Class Testing

Well, here it is, my test & review on this amaxing track with these amazing cars, some were quite fun others were a handful but overall a great way to learn tuning.

10 laps each, grip set to real, R2 for throttle, L2 for brakes, left analog for sterring, X upshift, square for down shift.

@shaunm80
Best Lap Time - 2:04.942
DC - 1st
Tune Comments - She's really stable, feels really well balanced, she haves the right amount of understeer to tell you to back off your on the limit and the right amount of oversteer to correct you from going wide. This car feels fast, i really like how she could handle those corners, and the brakes do a nice job. Its a very good tune, one of my favorite so far!!
Thank you for the great review. I am over the moon with the lap time set and the DC. Consistent times from all the tunes as well so well done. Great test. :cheers:

I wouldn't say poor efforts because the first couple of tracks were sabotage by the hosts :odd: I now know where to challenge you when racing for pink slips.... and where not to!:P
Sabotage you say? :dopey: You mean I found a track/car combo that was slightly challenging? I have succeeded in my quest to find the perfect track for an imperfect car then. :lol:

I also managed to roll a car too in my tests, thankfully though the car righted itself so I didn't have to wait for a recovery vehicle. I will be interested to see if it was the same tune I found too.

Last edited by a moderator:
@lBt_33
Best Lap Time - 2:04.333
DC - 4th
Tune Comments - Ok, first of all, if you drive it using the bumper view, if you hear it carefully, i love the sound the gearbox does in 5th gear at around 6000rpm, it sounds like a supercharger , i don't know if it happened by chance or if it was intentional, but i love it!! It haves the perfect amount of oversteer on slower corners, but it haves a slightly hint of understeer on high speed corners, under than that, the gearbox is perfect for this car it was the only one that could keep up with otaliema CTR2 on the home straight, and it drives quite nice, no major flaws.

Thanks you so much, glad you like it, and the supercharger sound happened by chance I think ! :lol:

Sabotage you say? :dopey: You mean I found a track/car combo that was slightly challenging? I have succeeded in my quest to find the perfect track for an imperfect car then. :lol:

I also managed to roll a car too in my tests, thankfully though the car righted itself so I didn't have to wait for a recovery vehicle. I will be interested to see if it was the same tune I found too.

I also need to ask if you or @joaosoarescso left any oil at Suzuka? Man the edge of that track is slippy!

Open Track Day Class Testing

Well, here it is, my test & review on this amaxing track with these amazing cars, some were quite fun others were a handful but overall a great way to learn tuning.

10 laps each, grip set to real, R2 for throttle, L2 for brakes, left analog for sterring, X upshift, square for down shift.

@TheInfamousJEW6
Best Lap Time - 2:05.409
DC - 11th
Tune Comments -
First impressions was that i thought this was going to be really stable, and it is if you keep her within the cars limitations. Going through the 1st corner and the red outside tire was red glowing, and pretty much was like that all the way, even at high speed corners it was always like that.
The car feels heavy on cornering and once i learned how to drive her way it was a nice experience, but it wasn't enough for a good lap so 2 last laps is when I was pushing her really hard and the last lap was the fastest.If i kept like that i was afraid i would burn the front tires because in 2 laps they had a little tiny little bit of orange.
I really had high hopes but i guess it doesn't fit quite well on me. Good lap though

@Otaliema
Best Lap Time - 2:04.268
DC - 3rd
Tune Comments - Very very easy to drive on the limit and very unforgiving if you pass that limit, the way the LSD and torque slipt are virtually perfect. There's a little of understeer on corner entry and exit too, but no oversteer, even on the limit the rear end would stick and only come out to correct a bad entry corner, but if i pushed to hard the front outside tire would turn orange like @TheInfamousJEW6 CTR2 but less noticeable. I felt that the 4th gear was a little short to my taste but the rest was good, this was the only car that reached 287km/h!!!! at the end on the home straight, and still i found the gearbox was a little tiny bit short, but now i see why it was designed like that.

@Bowtie-muscle
Best Lap Time - 2:05.636
DC - 2nd
Tune Comments -
A very precise tune, it has almost no understeer at all with a little bit of oversteer on lower corners, the brakes were my bigger concern, i couldn't find a comfortable braking zone and i think that shows on the time. This car is really good and really fast, but not at my hands, i just couln't find its hidden speed.

@joaosoarescso
Best Lap Time - 2:06.014
DC - 9th
Tune Comments -
I hate reviewing my own tunes, but well here its what i think. I'm terrible tuning 4WD so after a couple of initial laps i thought it would be quite easy until i started to mess with the LSD, and i thought "ohh boy this is going to be hard", but in this car description they mention a 2WD CTR2 so why not? I threw the front LSD out the window and focus on eliminating as much oversteer as possible, and i'm happy with the results, it's not the fastest of the group and it drives in a unique way. A little bit of tap braking here and there and throttle control should do the trick.
When live gives you lemons you make lemonade, i made orange juice.

@Brewguy44
Best Lap Time - 2:04.749
DC - 7th
Tune Comments - This is a very very very stable car, with a little bit of understeer on entering a corner and out, and that rear was surely planted, she wobbles changing directions to quickly making the front slide briefly.
I was getting blue lap after lap, and jumped from the 2:06 to 2:04 halfway through, but on the last couple laps i really tried hard to push her for a good lap and those front tires wouldn't grip, and by the time i notice that i would go off track it was impossible to recover, overall a great tune.

@lBt_33
Best Lap Time - 2:04.333
DC - 4th
Tune Comments - Ok, first of all, if you drive it using the bumper view, if you hear it carefully, i love the sound the gearbox does in 5th gear at around 6000rpm, it sounds like a supercharger , i don't know if it happened by chance or if it was intentional, but i love it!! It haves the perfect amount of oversteer on slower corners, but it haves a slightly hint of understeer on high speed corners, under than that, the gearbox is perfect for this car it was the only one that could keep up with otaliema CTR2 on the home straight, and it drives quite nice, no major flaws.

@coryclifford
Best Lap Time - 2:05.293
DC - 8th
Tune Notes - When i saw the setting to this i was a little dissapointed , and my first impressions were that, i wasn't expecting a good time, but i got suprised.
It feel like a TT car, with the tail sliding going full out, sliding all the corners. it understeers and oversteers ALOT if you aren't careful enough with that throttle coming out of slower corners, and on high speed corners it kinda understeers, i can't explain quite well...
Overall this is a good car and very fast, but not by me, like @Bowtie-muscle tune I can't unlock its hidden speed.

@hall90
Best Lap Time - 2:04.834
DC - 6th
Tune Comments - You really need to make sure you have enough track when your floor it out of the corner, she haves a good turn in ability but some understeer on exit. The rear is planted, even if i push it, it really doesn't want to kick out, which if it was a little bit tiny loose i think I would be a little faster.THe gearbox feels long, almost feeling like a 5 speed but i found enough speed and space for 6th, it feels the slowest of them all on the straights and i think its down to the PP.

@shaunm80
Best Lap Time - 2:04.942
DC - 1st
Tune Comments - She's really stable, feels really well balanced, she haves the right amount of understeer to tell you to back off your on the limit and the right amount of oversteer to correct you from going wide. This car feels fast, i really like how she could handle those corners, and the brakes do a nice job. Its a very good tune, one of my favorite so far!!

@Ale67
Best Lap Time - 2:05.566
DC 10th
Tune Comments - There's 2 types of understeer, the one that where the front of the car pulls out of the corner and when the front push into the inside of the corner and this car haves both, On medium to slow corners it would push in and on medium to high speed it would pull out. If i changed directions to quickly that rear would just give up on me and start sliding around.
The gearbox was short but fast like otaliema one, but i couldn't find a rythm right until the end and managed a good time.

This was a last minute entry as i was typing this half way thru but i managed it

@xande1959
Best Lap Times - 2:04.994
DC 5th
Tune Comments - The rear of this car feels very planted with a noticable amout of understeer coming out of the corner,there were 2 maybe 3 slower corners where the rear would slide and lose grip but i think i was a little to fast coming out of them.The gearbox felt short and slow, it couldn't go over 280kmh like the others could and i think it hinder the lap time, i think controlling the front end's understeer was quite easy and overall a great tune.
Thanks for the great review of mine and the others. Always appreciate the time and effort, and all feedback. The brakes on this car gave me fits as well, so you struggling is understandable. I found the rythym needed but I tuned it, still, you got a good time in it. For that I say thank you.

Thanks for the review joaosoaretc. 👍

It's an odd car. It's a Porsche, after all. Need to slow down straight and partial throttle through the corner to keep it loaded, until a fairly straight exit. Some braking while throttle helps too. Like a blend of trail braking while starting to apply throttle.

I wouldn't say poor efforts because the first couple of tracks were sabotage by the hosts :odd: I now know where to challenge you when racing for pink slips.... and where not to!:P
Sabotage you say? I think the pairings made for a good challenge, fun tracks that are seldom if ever used with no love cars.
Don't worry the next challenge will use a well loved car/track combo with tuning required making it hard :mischievous:

Thanks for the review joaosoaretc. 👍

It's an odd car. It's a Porsche, after all. Need to slow down straight and partial throttle through the corner to keep it loaded, until a fairly straight exit. Some braking while throttle helps too. Like a blend of trail braking while starting to apply throttle.

I see, some heel-to-toe braking, i think with a controller its a little hard even with the set up that I have

Sabotage you say? I think the pairings made for a good challenge, fun tracks that are seldom if ever used with no love cars.
Don't worry the next challenge will use a well loved car/track combo with tuning required making it hard :mischievous:

All I'm going to say is.... You guys knew what you were doing!:sly: Atleast it's not Matterhorn. :lol:

All I'm going to say is.... You guys knew what you were doing!:sly: Atleast it's not Matterhorn. :lol:
See below.
Matterhorn.. I never even considered that track! If only I had... ;)
I considered Rifflinstien or what ever that long one is called for the RGT class but decided it would be too much of a headache for a FITT challenge, now a month long TT that would be fun.

That's going to need a little paint touch up! :odd: :lol: :D

Is that the new upside down VGT RUF Hovercar?!? :boggled: :lol:
Hey that's not a bad idea. More realistic than the 2X :lol:

@xande1959
Best Lap Times - 2:04.994
DC 5th
Tune Comments - The rear of this car feels very planted with a noticable amout of understeer coming out of the corner,there were 2 maybe 3 slower corners where the rear would slide and lose grip but i think i was a little to fast coming out of them.The gearbox felt short and slow, it couldn't go over 280kmh like the others could and i think it hinder the lap time, i think controlling the front end's understeer was quite easy and overall a great tune.

thank you sir . facility for this car does not have, you and anyone has to devote to the maximum to get results, and you got it. good performance. I have to rectify this transmission.:cheers::cheers:👍

In 1978, my Dad put a 4-53T, (turbo) in a brand new Ford F350 4x4 he had ordered with that in mind. Natural those were only 140hp. Turbo'd were 175hp and up. I think Dad's was fired to 190 and 420 torque. The naturals had a funny "bark" just before they hit the gov. I would bet that one in the video is of the 140hp varitey. I agree, he probably stilk don' t have enough gears!

Back