FITT RUF Challenge

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 1,256 comments
Knowing that, the BTR should still put a fight against CTR, the question is will testers be able to lap in same pace as tuner :D That will be interesting and a challenge for BTR tuners.

I'll let the host decide :P

:) those are on same league when there is Driver, or BTR has Suberb tune. My CTR was so easy to drive and comparing to BTR I would give CTR for my daughter first car without any hesitating.
Gonna still stick on BTR and make it as entry level car ;) (or try at least)

I tune with DFGT and usually leave it at that. After using my DS3 for years, it barely comes off the charger now. Unless I'm in photomode! As for the Yellowbird... Let's just hope the testers have some throttle control! :lol: :cheers:
Both the BTR and CTR need throttle control. Something that I apparently lack with my X button as my lap times are 1.35.xxx with a tune that is 3/4 done. I am still tinkering with it though and hope to get it down into the 1.34s before I decide to tune this class.
Count me in as a tuner for at least the 3400S. I'm at 1:32.4 as I'm coming to grips with it. I can see a :31

Hard to decide where to make it fastest as this course has it all.
Added to the list now. :)
You my friend may get disqualified from this FITT competition now, because you posted a time and the event have not even been started yet. Here is the start of the event for tuning 8/1/16 so @shaunm80 please disqualify this person from this competition ;).
Nah, its all good. We published early to get interest going. People who don't regularly log on to this site would be at a disadvantage if the tuning times were altered. You guys just get a few bonus days for tuning. :)

On another note. It would be good to get some more testers on board. I will be testing two classes but won't be able to know which till I have selected my second class for tuning. I believe this is the same for Otaliema as he hasn't fully confirmed his choices yet either. If anyone does have 30 mins per car to spare for testing (rough estimate based on lap times and build time), it would be great to have you involved in the testing stage. Like I say in the OP, it isn't mandatory and we won't twist anyones arm to do so but we are hoping for a good spread of results if possible.

Both the BTR and CTR need throttle control. Something that I apparently lack with my X button as my lap times are 1.35.xxx with a tune that is 3/4 done.
My advance apologies to DS3 drivers, or automatic transmission users.. They're so doomed, I believe, I don't test/tune either. :nervous:

Btw. Found reason why BTR didn't lap faster, painted it yellow and problem is nearly solved.

*tries BTR with factory gearbox/LSD/suspension*
*only .5sec off fastest tuned version lap*

I'm turning into a Porsche driver. Need to cleanse my driving and revisit at a later time.

Edit:
My advance apologies to DS3 drivers, or automatic transmission users.. They're so doomed, I believe, I don't test/tune either. :nervous:

1:31.558 in drift attack mode (translation: testing a tune that is not stable), DS3, auto. Not totally doomed, just more difficult. :D

Last edited:
1:31.558 in drift attack mode (translation: testing a tune that is not stable), DS3, auto. Not totally doomed, just more difficult. :D

Tune what's probably made with/for DS3/automatic, mine is not, it's ment to be short shifted. Dunno how DS3 handles it, normally DS3 gives easy acceleration and smooth turns, braking and throttle steering can be points where my tune fails on it.. But let's see it then.

Tune what's probably made with/for DS3/automatic, mine is not, it's ment to be short shifted. Dunno how DS3 handles it, normally DS3 gives easy acceleration and smooth turns, braking and throttle steering can be points where my tune fails on it.. But let's see it then.

Easier to recover with DS3 but also easier to lose the car in the first place. Tune used for 1:31 lap is undrivable either way, will not be entered at that spec.

Easier to recover with DS3 but also easier to lose the car in the first place. Tune used for 1:31 lap is undrivable either way, will not be entered at that spec.
On rough hands my tune might end undriveable as well, BTR is so sensitive on brakes and upsetting suspension if not handled with care.
I'm having my braking practise session going on :)
2016-01-06_23.56.42.jpg

I am new to the FITT Challenge and it looks like an opportunity to learn and to find out what tunes work for me and my style...I will be a tester for all four classes. :)
Welcome abord sir. Look forward to your first testing and feedback rounds 👍

All this talk about DS3 users being doomed...:odd: I'll raise you dpads and an auto transmission. I'm in! Tester for all please.:cheers:
Welcome aboard sir.

Now we just need to get @Pete05 on this and we will have the two fastest pad users I know of from past FITT challenges.

@Motor City Hami Most people use a DS3 for GT6 in FITT wheel users are not as common any more.

Welcome abord sir. Look forward to your first testing and feedback rounds 👍

Welcome aboard sir.

Now we just need to get @Pete05 on this and we will have the two fastest pad users I know of from past FITT challenges.

@Motor City Hami Most people use a DS3 for GT6 in FITT wheel users are not as common any more.
Don't forget about @biffa3 on a DS3... I always seem to be chasing his ghost line on time trials.

Is this really mandatory, or can I use standard? Old School.
I would prefer to have triple plate clutch as the clutch option as it will make it easier for testers when building tunes. That was the rationale behind that idea and it doesn't change the car behaviour too much I don't think.

Last edited:
Cheers for the mention! Seem to remember from a previous FITT comp @Pete05 is seriously quick, and I expect us to be quite close again, good to see you on board.

Happy new year all.
Thanks for the kind words @biffa3 :cheers: As much as I'd love to join you all in a bit of RUF camaraderie, I have things going on outside of GT Planet that will prevent me from doing so :indiff:
Have fun guys 👍

I would prefer to have triple plate clutch as the clutch option as it will make it easier for testers when building tunes. That was the rationale behind that idea and it doesn't change the car behaviour too much I don't think.
It's a night and day between those. If this standard option is allowed both cars are going to be much nicer to drive.

It's a night and day between those. If this standard option is allowed both cars are going to be much nicer to drive.
Fair enough. Lets put a quick question out there then.

How many of the tuners in the Old School Class would like to be able to use Standard Clutch as opposed to Triple Plate Clutch and Flywheel only?

I say pick one and make all tuners use it. How much of an advantage is either one anyway. My unfiltered opinion: the rules were set. Why are they being challenged over something so minimal.
Actually I'm happy with either way, standard clutch makes LSD tuning way easier for all, triple needs really precise values to keep tail on line. Activation is harsh on triple and it swipes rear our from path during braking if slightly wrong values. Of course any values can be used, but that just asks lot more from driver.
My triple plate works.

Actually I'm happy with either way, standard clutch makes LSD tuning way easier for all, triple needs really precise values to keep tail on line. Activation is harsh on triple and it swipes rear our from path during braking if slightly wrong values. Of course any values can be used, but that just asks lot more from driver.
My triple plate works.

I think that most of us have experience tuning with the triple plate clutch installed. I think I would rather have that itty bitty bit of straight line speed that it provides over the ability to be more sloppy with my handling and LSD settings.

Okay folks. After a little chin wag with @Otaliema, we have decided that should anyone want to use a standard clutch and flywheel for the Old School Class, they can do so. The regs for this class have been altered to include the standard clutch from this point forward. As some of the members have pointed out, there are advantages to having a triple plate clutch installed but whether or not you use it is up to you as individuals. :)

Back