FITT RUF Challenge

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 1,256 comments
Count me in for YB Tuna. Did a few laps with 6 speed tranny and some suspension work, 1:30.935 was best lap but was it the car, or was it me, I'm not really sure. No ballast yet.
YB tuner? What does that mean? It is great to have you onboard so let me and Otaliema know what class(es) you want to tune.

Count me in for YB Tuna. Did a few laps with 6 speed tranny and some suspension work, 1:30.935 1:30.489 1:29.969 1:29.686 was best lap but was it the car, or was it me, I'm not really sure. No ballast yet.

Edit: The times keep tumbling down and down...

Those are some quick times, as usual from you. Are you enjoying the jump in the tunnel turn? :crazy:

1:30's and 1:29's in the Yellowbird? Damn you guys are fast! :bowdown: I was ecstatic when I finally broke into the 1:31's... I'm really enjoying the challenge of tuning this monster! Another quality FITT event! :cheers:
Seriously fast times guys. Scarily fast compared to my early efforts. I am looking forward to trying to tame each of your tunes when I test them. :)

Those are some quick times, as usual from you. Are you enjoying the jump in the tunnel turn? :crazy:

The one near the end of the lap right? At first It gave me quite a scare but now it's whatever, I let go off the gas pedal and lightly tap the brakes on landing to steady the car. My real problem is the first corner after the start finish line...I can never do it consistently.

1:29.345 with 50 kg ballast but I think its a little too much, will have to play around with it.

The trick with the YB is to keep it in line, Just a little too much of anything and it starts to over rotate and dance around losing you time.

1:29s, as expected, a fast driver really can show the potential of these Rufs :P

EDIT :
Wangan Midnight BTR SSR7 spec
I tried 1050kg, 41/59 weight and much less power at 514HP, remove the racing brakes, lower lock LSD, same gearing, it did 1:30.6s easily on 1st lap, and could have done 1:29s as I was actually slower on 1st ( hit the wall on chicane exit :banghead: ) and 2nd sector than best possible with 1140kg 41/59 weight with racing brakes and aggressive LSD. Also got some sideway slide entering the tunnel jump which cost me a few tenths :P

With 1050kg - 1st was 20.4s and 2nd ( entering tunnel ) 44.7s. When it had 1140kg,40/60, best 1st sector was 20.3s and 2nd sector 44.5s ( could have been 1:30s or 1:29s ), but messed up on tunnel jump :lol: The 1:31.076 lap 1140kg had 21.0s 1st sector and 45.3s 2nd sector.

The last turn before the tunnel jump ( and the jump itself ) is really annoying :lol:

The lighter RUF BTR allows it to enter the 1st chicane at around 180+kmh / 110+mph :eek:

Last edited:
Damn RUF's Alright!!! :eek: 👍 This one look's like a lot of fun!! Count me in for tuning the 3400 S '00 & RGT '00

I've been playing with these one's ever since I saw the post and I think they are turning out pretty good, so I'll give em a shot.

Put me down as a maybe for a tester too. That's if I have the time.

I've also tried the YB & BTR, but whew :embarrassed: they can be a little :crazy: & :scared: !!! One wrong move and you're into the wall. :ouch:

Cheers Smiley.gif

Everyone please confirm you're in the right groups for tuning thanks. 👍
Sport
@lBt_33
@xande1959
@coryclifford
@shaunm80
@randyrockstiff

Old School RUF Class
@TheInfamousJEW6
@OdeFinn
@Soren Jacquet
@DaBomm4
@xande1959
@Antares26
@hall90
@Motor City Hami
@ugabugaz

Super Sport
@shaunm80
@hall90
@787bcgr
@lBt_33
@Antares26
@randyrockstiff
@Brewguy44

Open Track Day
@TheInfamousJEW6
@Otaliema
@DaBomm4
@Otaliema

@shaunm80 add me tenitivtly to the sport class sir. I'll see what I can do with it after I tackle the 914

Damn RUF's Alright!!! :eek: 👍 This one look's like a lot of fun!! Count me in for tuning the 3400 S '00 & RGT '00

I've been playing with these one's ever since I saw the post and I think they are turning out pretty good, so I'll give em a shot.

I've also tried the YB & BTR, but whew :embarrassed: they can be a little :crazy: & :scared: !!! One wrong move and you're into the wall. :ouch:

View attachment 499127
Done and added Welcome aboard sir.

I would like to tame the undrivable BTR. :lol: Count me in.
Edit; As a tuner. :cheers:
@shaunm80 will get you added when he gets on tomorrow. 👍
Welcome to spin city :lol: :mischievous:

Sport
@lBt_33
@xande1959
@coryclifford
@shaunm80
@randyrockstiff

Old School RUF Class
@TheInfamousJEW6
@OdeFinn
@Soren Jacquet
@DaBomm4
@xande1959
@Antares26
@hall90
@Motor City Hami
@ugabugaz

Super Sport
@shaunm80
@hall90
@787bcgr
@lBt_33
@Antares26
@randyrockstiff
@Brewguy44

Open Track Day
@TheInfamousJEW6
@Otaliema
@DaBomm4
@Otaliema

@shaunm80 add me tenitivtly to the sport class sir. I'll see what I can do with it after I tackle the 914

Added to the list for sports class.

All other tuners have been added to my classes too on the first page. For those new people, check I have added you to the right class. :)

Sport
@lBt_33
@xande1959
@coryclifford
@shaunm80
@randyrockstiff

Old School RUF Class
@TheInfamousJEW6
@OdeFinn
@Soren Jacquet
@DaBomm4
@xande1959
@Antares26
@hall90
@Motor City Hami
@ugabugaz

Super Sport
@shaunm80
@hall90
@787bcgr
@lBt_33
@Antares26
@randyrockstiff
@Brewguy44

Open Track Day
@TheInfamousJEW6
@Otaliema
@DaBomm4
@Otaliema

Yeeeep

Tried stock BTR and it's downright un-drivable compared to the YB. You crazy kids and your BTR's...My times with the YB have plateaued unfortunately ballast or no ballast.
That's reason why I picked it and not birdie, way much more challenge :)
Never going to be easy as bird, but driveable yes.
IMG_20160108_124401.jpg

Current state, pretty stable without ABS ^

I did "average Joe" test with automatic transmission and ABS, toke two laps to adapt automatic, first time in GT history I drove with automatic - Not for me.

Last edited:

View attachment 499127

Will do. What happened in the old school cars may I ask?
@shaunm80, I think you just misread his original post. ;)

:scared: This old school BTR really need steering to drive. 3rd and 4th gears nothing much different when accelerating out. (massive torque) I just use 3rd to slow down for oncoming turn. Ds3 sucks driving this beast.
20160108_235721.jpg

Back