2 @reefer 9.22
3 @ugabugaz 9.18
4 @shaunm80 9.08
5 @Rotary Junkie 9.04

RUF Old School Trial Mountain Reverse
1:29.567; @Motor City Hami's tune Driven By Lionheart2113
Most Consistent Lionheart2113 1.374
Fastest Average Lionheart2113 90.421

The average lap times just got really close together.

RUF Old School Trial Mountain Reverse
1:29.567; @Motor City Hami's tune Driven By Lionheart2113
Most Consistent Lionheart2113 1.374
Fastest Average Lionheart2113 90.421

Could it be??? another robot!?! :odd:

Robot Car 4.jpg

What else can I say about @Lionheart2113 but
4 Bowing Smileys.gif

You Sir know your way around a track, I've seen your lap times, drift scores and racing with you online at RIDOX Replica Garage Fan Club

Great lap time's too!!! 👍

The average lap times just got really close together.
Yes they have.
I think this is going to be another case of the winner will be decided by the last tester. Two groups this right in one challenge.
All I can say is well done to @shaunm80 for coming up with this and great job to all the testers that have put thier time and swear filters into this :cheers:
Edit: and obviously the tuners for making such high quality cars.

Wheel or controller, @MrGrado ?
Controller. Sensitivity 7. Accel/Brake on triggers. Steering left stick. Gear changes right stick.

I have a wheel, I just don't use it. I have made a frame, bought a bucket seat, bought some expensive pedals. I used to use them a lot for GT1 - GT5. I used to try for fast times to enter in to the databases that used to be around. The good rig I had gave me an edge. Some of my old licence times and mission times were very, very, very good.

I'm (mostly) still fast with DS3 if I know the track and take the time to get a fast time, but not fast like I used to be.[/nostalgia]

Last edited:
@lBt_33 You have 3 days left to finish testing of the Old school class will you need an extension? or did I miss a withdraw post along the lines?

I'm very sorry, but I can't finalize my testing until the coming week... I'm going to winter holidays and can't do anything as it is in Spain, so my testing publication will be there next weekend I hope... Again very sorry, I did all I could do but there are work, work, work and work again, work everywhere !:banghead:🤬:scared:

I'm very sorry, but I can't finalize my testing until the coming week... I'm going to winter holidays and can't do anything as it is in Spain, so my testing publication will be there next weekend I hope... Again very sorry, I did all I could do but there are work, work, work and work again, work everywhere !:banghead:🤬:scared:
No worries. It's a tight class so I'd grant you an extension but need to check if that is ok with @shaunm80 as it's his group to make that call.
Real life>GT6

I will finish up with Open Track Day early next week...:)

I've got a few CTR2's done this morning after 20 laps in a stock version. I've got my sights on getting most, hopefully all, done tomorrow. If not, it will be next weekend before I can finish them up.👍

2 CTR2's left, but will be middle of next week before they are done.
Well done guys. Great to hear. Enjoy the cars as best you can on this fun and technical track. :)

Sorry for the double post....just couldn't wait any longer!:sly:

Open Track Day Class
Testing Date:
(Feb. 3 - Feb. 20)
Car(s):
CTR2 '96 (2:05.0xx stock"ish" tune w/out rigidity)
Regulations: (575pp/SS/95%^)
Track: Suzuka 2014 (3.61) 10:30 @ 24°

Driving Options
Driving Line: OFF
Blind Spot Indicator: OFF
Active Steering: OFF
Traction Control: 0
Active Stability Management (ASM): OFF
Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS): 1
Skid Recovery Force (SRF): OFF
Controller Sensitivity: 5
Grip set to Real
DS3 (dpads)
"X" throttle
Square brake
Automatic Transmission

-All tunes were ran for 2 sets of 6 consecutive laps. The fastest non-red lap time was recorded.
-DC Rank for this challenge was really close for me. Loads of them had stability and comfort making it hard to rank them lower or higher than the other identical handling tunes.

@TheInfamousJEW6
Lap Time - 2:04.453
DC Rank - 10th
Review:
If you were just cruising around the track, the understeer helps keep the rear in check....but if you really try to go after it.... All of the smoke was coming from both of the front tires. It had a very difficult time getting slowed down, even in a straight line, and the outside front would almost catch fire if you really tried to push it down into a turn. I managed a decent lap, but it was just too uncomfortable for me to accomplish that consistently.

@Otaliema
(Body Rigidity)
Lap Time - 2:04.591
DC Rank - 9th
Review:
Wow, that is a very responsive transmission. Almost too quick for this car. It made it very edgy and unpredictable. Sometimes it had you shifting more than once during a sweeping turn, causing the car to push wide and needing to feather the throttle. A longer final might help the straights and slow down the gear changes just enough.

@Bowtie-muscle
(Body Rigidity)
Lap Time - 2:03.679
DC Rank - 5th
Review:
Another solid tune and reminded me a lot of Shaun's. Very easy to handle and consistent. But like all of the comfy tunes with this car, trying to take it to the limit was a chore. It had good corner entry, but that planted rear end caused the edge of the track to pop up quickly on exit.

@joaosoarescso
(Body Rigidity)
Lap Time - 2:05.071
DC Rank - 11th
Review:
Well, the corner rotation was second to none. Unfortunately, turning this beast into an FR really hurt the overall grip that this car is capable of. Just too much oversteer all around. Maybe at a lower PP this trick might work, but I think 575pp needs a little help from the front wheels. One thing is for sure, you can do some pretty wicked awesome drifts!:dopey:

@Brewguy44
(Body Rigidity)
Lap Time - 2:04.413
DC Rank - 8th
Review:
A very stable tune to drive. No fuss when cruising around the track. When going after it, the snug condition gets more severe and hurts corner exit. It's not tire smoking understeer, but it is present causing me to have to wait or back out of the throttle.

@lBt_33
Lap Time - 2:03.709
DC Rank - 1st
Review:
I really like this car. It is a point and shoot TT tune. There is stability there, but the outside rear can lose grip and slide out if you aren't careful. The whole time you drive the car you feel as if you don't show it some respect, it will turn around and bite you. To me, that is what makes it so much fun. Great job!:bowdown:

@coryclifford
(Body Rigidity)
Lap Time - 2:03.297
DC Rank - 2nd
Review:
Either you couldn't be bothered to tune this car and got lucky or you are a genius. Either way, I really liked this tune. If you could show the front end a little love on corner entry (as sometimes the outside front would lose grip and I'd miss my apex) it would be perfect. Your "If it ain't broke; don't fix it, so I've got time to grab another beer" approach works. I couldn't help but laugh a little about it as I was driving and next thing I knew the laps were done.:cheers:

@hall90
(Body Rigidity)
Lap Time - 2:04.383
DC Rank - 6th
Review:
Strong brakes made aggressive corner entry difficult. The outside front tire sliding across the track made corner exit just as tough. Some corners I had to wait on the car before giving it the beans and that really hurt the times. If the 5pp was added, that could be worth .5xx as well, that would have put it the 2:03 club.

@shaunm80
(Body Rigidity)
Lap Time - 2:03.529
DC Rank - 4th
Review:
This is more like it Shaun. A nice solid tune, perfect for running consistent laps. One of the smoothest and easiest to drive at a steady pace. The problem lies when you try and push it, it decides to push too.... through most of the turn. I found myself either tapping the e-brake or hooking the inside front tire on the rumble strip in order to get a quicker rotation through the center of the corner as the RH and suspension allowed this with minimum fuss. Still fun and fast though.👍

@Ale67
(Body Rigidity)
Lap Time - 2:03.692
DC Rank - 7th
Review:
Loves to roast the outside front through the the corner, even on acceleration. The most frustrating thing was the braking. The strong brake setting made it easy to suffer from lockup causing a slide. Then the gears never seemed quick enough through the downshifts to assist with engine braking. The combination of these 2 things made it very difficult to judge braking points as I could never predict what the car was going to do once I pressed the square button. This is a rhythm car, I couldn't find it, but I know there are faster times out there for those who can.:boggled:

@xande1959
Lap Time - 2:04.224
DC Rank - 3rd
Review:
A safe and solid tune that was a joy to drive. It had what appeared to be a severe BLOR problem until I started using it to my advantage. If not done right, there is the chance of pushing up the hill when aiming for the apex. The lap time should be better, but I think the transmission hurts the overall speed; maybe a little longer final? I had a 2:03.x lap going until I messed up the last chicane.:ouch:

The Final Word
👍👍 Great job tuners in all categories, this was an interesting set of cars and tracks. After testing these cars, some being notorious for tough tuning, I have learned a few more things about body rigidity, suspensions, and brakes. So another thank you to the tuners. Now it is time to either repair the cars that went to Trial Mountain or simply wash the ones that went to Suzuka...they got prett dusty.:D

Open Track Day Class
Testing Date:
(Feb. 3 - Feb. 20)
Car(s):

Driving Options
Grip set to Real
DS3 (dpads)
"X" throttle
Square brake
Automatic Transmission

-All tunes were ran for 2 sets of 6 consecutive laps. The fastest non-red lap time was recorded.
-DC Rank for this challenge was really close for me. Loads of them had stability and comfort making it hard to rank them lower or higher than the other identical handling tunes.

@TheInfamousJEW6
DC Rank - 10th
Review:
If you were just cruising around the track, the understeer helps keep the rear in check....but if you really try to go after it.... All of the smoke was coming from both of the front tires. It had a very difficult time getting slowed down, even in a straight line, and the outside front would almost catch fire if you really tried to push it down into a turn. I managed a decent lap, but it was just too uncomfortable for me to accomplish that consistently.

@Otaliema
(Body Rigidity)
DC Rank - 9th
Review:
Wow, that is a very responsive transmission. Almost too quick for this car. It made it very edgy and unpredictable. Sometimes it had you shifting more than once during a sweeping turn, causing the car to push wide and needing to feather the throttle. A longer final might help the straights and slow down the gear changes just enough.

@Bowtie-muscle
(Body Rigidity)
DC Rank - 5th
Review:
Another solid tune and reminded me a lot of Shaun's. Very easy to handle and consistent. But like all of the comfy tunes with this car, trying to take it to the limit was a chore. It had good corner entry, but that planted rear end caused the edge of the track to pop up quickly on exit.

@joaosoarescso
(Body Rigidity)
DC Rank - 11th
Review:
Well, the corner rotation was second to none. Unfortunately, turning this beast into an FR really hurt the overall grip that this car is capable of. Just too much oversteer all around. Maybe at a lower PP this trick might work, but I think 575pp needs a little help from the front wheels. One thing is for sure, you can do some pretty wicked awesome drifts!:dopey:

@Brewguy44
(Body Rigidity)
DC Rank - 8th
Review:
A very stable tune to drive. No fuss when cruising around the track. When going after it, the snug condition gets more severe and hurts corner exit. It's not tire smoking understeer, but it is present causing me to have to wait or back out of the throttle.

@lBt_33
DC Rank - 1st
Review:
I really like this car. It is a point and shoot TT tune. There is stability there, but the outside rear can lose grip and slide out if you aren't careful. The whole time you drive the car you feel as if you don't show it some respect, it will turn around and bite you. To me, that is what makes it so much fun. Great job!:bowdown:

@coryclifford
(Body Rigidity)
DC Rank - 2nd
Review:
Either you couldn't be bothered to tune this car and got lucky or you are a genius. Either way, I really liked this tune. If you could show the front end a little love on corner entry (as sometimes the outside front would lose grip and I'd miss my apex) it would be perfect. Your "If it ain't broke; don't fix it, so I've got time to grab another beer" approach works. I couldn't help but laugh a little about it as I was driving and next thing I knew the laps were done.:cheers:

@hall90
(Body Rigidity)
DC Rank - 6th
Review:
Strong brakes made aggressive corner entry difficult. The outside front tire sliding across the track made corner exit just as tough. Some corners I had to wait on the car before giving it the beans and that really hurt the times. If the 5pp was added, that could be worth .5xx as well, that would have put it the 2:03 club.

@shaunm80
(Body Rigidity)
DC Rank - 4th
Review:
This is more like it Shaun. A nice solid tune, perfect for running consistent laps. One of the smoothest and easiest to drive at a steady pace. The problem lies when you try and push it, it decides to push too.... through most of the turn. I found myself either tapping the e-brake or hooking the inside front tire on the rumble strip in order to get a quicker rotation through the center of the corner as the RH and suspension allowed this with minimum fuss. Still fun and fast though.👍

@Ale67
(Body Rigidity)
DC Rank - 7th
Review:
Loves to roast the outside front through the the corner, even on acceleration. The most frustrating thing was the braking. The strong brake setting made it easy to suffer from lockup causing a slide. Then the gears never seemed quick enough through the downshifts to assist with engine braking. The combination of these 2 things made it very difficult to judge braking points as I could never predict what the car was going to do once I pressed the square button. This is a rhythm car, I couldn't find it, but I know there are faster times out there for those who can.:boggled:

@xande1959
DC Rank - 3rd
Review:
A safe and solid tune that was a joy to drive. It had what appeared to be a severe BLOR problem until I started using it to my advantage. If not done right, there is the chance of pushing up the hill when aiming for the apex. The lap time should be better, but I think the transmission hurts the overall speed; maybe a little longer final? I had a 2:03.x lap going until I messed up the last chicane.:ouch:

The Final Word
👍👍 Great job tuners in all categories, this was an interesting set of cars and tracks. After testing these cars, some being notorious for tough tuning, I have learned a few more things about body rigidity, suspensions, and brakes. So another thank you to the tuners. Now it is time to either repair the cars that went to Trial Mountain or simply wash the ones that went to Suzuka...they got prett dusty.:D

Cracking effort again, awesome times.

Open Track Day Class
Testing Date:
(Feb. 3 - Feb. 20)
Car(s):

Driving Options
Grip set to Real
DS3 (dpads)
"X" throttle
Square brake
Automatic Transmission

@TheInfamousJEW6
DC Rank - 10th
Review:

@Otaliema
(Body Rigidity)
DC Rank - 9th
Review:

@Bowtie-muscle
(Body Rigidity)
DC Rank - 5th
Review:

@joaosoarescso
(Body Rigidity)
DC Rank - 11th
Review:

@Brewguy44
(Body Rigidity)
DC Rank - 8th
Review:

@lBt_33
DC Rank - 1st
Review:

@coryclifford
(Body Rigidity)
DC Rank - 2nd
Review:

@hall90
(Body Rigidity)
DC Rank - 6th
Review:

@shaunm80
(Body Rigidity)
DC Rank - 4th
Review:

@Ale67
(Body Rigidity)
DC Rank - 7th
Review:

@xande1959
DC Rank - 3rd
Review:

The Final Word
Great review and awesome lap times, you were almost equal to me best lap, only a tenth off. Thanks for the review my friend 👍

Open Track Day Class
Testing Date:
(Feb. 3 - Feb. 20)
Car(s):

@shaunm80
(Body Rigidity)
DC Rank - 4th
Review:
Many thanks for the review. I have to admit, I was happier with the overall package for this car than I was for Supersport. I probably didn't push this tune as much as you because I might have lacked the ability to do that.. :dunce: but you seemed to have found the sweet spot and got a great time out of it too! I have my captain slow badge back once again! :lol:

Awesome work testing and great job testing for all the classes. I cannot say thank you enough for all the time and effort you have put it. You my good sir are a legend and a true king of England. :cheers:

Thanks for the review! 👍

I went all over the map with the tune. Drove it all over the map, too. Reset it and was like, huh… the stock car is pretty good! Made a couple tweaks, drove it all over again then submitted. Glad you liked it.

:cheers:

Back