FITT RUF Challenge

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 1,256 comments
@lBt_33 @xande1959 @coryclifford @randyrockstiff @Brewguy44 @Otaliema @joaosoarescso @Ale67
The Sport class as come to a close. Congratutions to
@Brewguy44, @coryclifford, @Ale67(lap time), and @joaosoarescso(DC) for winnning the podiums for lap time and DC. Honoable mentions to @joaosoarescso in the lap time for comming 4th at 0.422 seconds from the leader and only 0.075 seconds from landing in 3rd place!
The DC podium this time around was very tight, only 0.40 between first and fourth!

Cape Ring N Lap Time
1 @Brewguy44 1:33.731 +00.000
2 @coryclifford 1:33.766 +0.035
3 @Ale67 1:34.079 +0.348
4 @joaosoarescso 1:34.153 +0.422
5 @Otaliema 1:34.425 +0.695

Cape Ring N DC Score
1 @Brewguy44 9.60
2 @coryclifford 9.52
3 @joaosoarescso 9.27
4 @Otaliema 9.20
5 @lBt_33 8.78

RUF Sport Class Cape Ring N

1:32.635; @Ale67's tune Driven By @Lionheart2113
Most Consistent @shaunm80 1.493
Fastest Average @Lionheart2113 93.403

Very very Happy!!!

@Brewguy44 👍:D

@coryclifford close, been there too. Your day will come with fast tunes like that.

@Ale67 well done, podiums are not easy to grab.

Congrats to you all :gtpflag:

Yeah :cheers:

image.jpg

2 different cars, an hour apart!!

Old School RUF Class Testing

@TheInfamousJEW6
Best Lap Time - 1:33.996
DC - 7
Tune Comments - Gear box works fine. Brake balance great. Good on bumps. The major flaws inherent in the bawse car are well controlled. There is still quite a bit of movement in the suspension when not driven smoothe, but very little in lap time sacrificed. The tune could be improved for mid corner performance.

@hall90
Best Lap Time - 1:34.057
DC - 7
Tune Comments - The tune was controllable while sliding. I recovered from situations I didn't expect to get out of. I think this car will perform when driven a certain way.

@Motor City Hami
Best Lap Time - 1:32.347
DC - 9
Tune Comments - Great tune. For me, this was easy to drive fast straight away. My fastest lap was done on lap one. There might be more grip and speed to be found with lower ride height and wheel alignment changes. One thing that might hold the secret to this tunes performance is the low bound and high rebound. It can work miracles in some difficult to tune cars.

@ugabugaz
Best Lap Time - 1:31.170
DC - 10
Tune Comments - Last to be tested and tested for one lap only (very tired). Bang! Fastest lap. Bang! DC10. Easy. (Same way I set up a lot of my gear boxes also:tup:) What is the secret to this tune being fast? Ride heights, spring rates and low dampers I guess. (oh, and light, no ballast!).

@steve nfs
Best Lap Time - 1:32.575
DC - 6.5
Tune Comments - Difficult to drive well.

@xande1959
Best Lap Time - 1:31.820
DC - 7
Tune Comments - Fast but it drives a little funny. The brakes seem too soft. The car can go into a slow drift on corner exit. It's hard to pin down exactly, but the tune feels strange, maybe it's corner entry, maybe it's too much ballast at the front of the car. I was fast even on lap one with this tune. It is difficult to go from fast laps to very fast laps with this tune.

@shaunm80
Best Lap Time - 1:31.910
DC - 9
Tune Comments - Very high grip overall, just a little loose in the rear which can be dangerous. Extreme care needs to be take when driving extremely fast. If it is possible to find more rear grip, this tune would be improved. Some tweaks on this tune I tried at first didn't help, but if your interested, see if you prefer the tune with rear springs at 9.50 and rear roll bar on 7.

@Rotary Junkie
Best Lap Time - 1:31.383
DC - 10
Tune Comments - A tune that loves throttle. This car doesn't need mirrors, the side windows serve the purpose of seeing where you have been much better. This is a twisted miscreation that loves to be tortured! Well done. With a little bit of restraint in the right places, this can go very fast.

@coryclifford
Best Lap Time - 1:32.747
DC - 6.5
Tune Comments - Loose in the rear. It really shouldn't be with the setting you have but this contest is a level above in terms of tuning difficulty. I was having no luck with this tune getting a fast lap until I slowed down a little. There is a reasonably fast car here despite the difficult handeling! With a high rear roll bar, this has improved handeling and gets a faster lap.

@reefer
Best Lap Time - 1:31.691
DC - 9
Tune Comments - Fast tune. Could go faster with more power parts installed and some limiter used. Good fun to drive.

Last edited:
It can be hard to score and comment on the first tune in testing. I might take a second look at a few of the early tunes a litte later.
This is true indeed. For this reason, we have been trialling a new DC scoring system where tunes are rated in order of preference rather than scoring DC from 0-10. Hopefully it will work better and make it easier on testers too.

Also, Thank you for the reviews so far, I am happy with the comments (about my tune) you mentioned and it seems to be a common thought so far among all the testers. I am looking forward to seeing the rest of the reviews as they come in.

Old School RUF Class Testing
@shaunm80
Best Lap Time - 1:31.910
DC - 9
Tune Comments - Very high grip overall, just a little loose in the rear which can be dangerous. Extreme care needs to be take when driving extremely fast. If it is possible to find more rear grip, this tune would be improved. Some tweaks on this tune I tried at first didn't help, but if your interested, see if you prefer the tune with rear springs at 9.50 and rear roll bar on 7.
Great job testing. Very consistent times and a good summary of the tunes. Thanks for putting in the time and you can have a well deserved break now. :cheers:

Back