FITT RUF Challenge

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 1,256 comments
Cracking effort again, awesome times.
Your turn now my friend!:bowdown:

Great review and awesome lap times, you were almost equal to me best lap, only a tenth off. Thanks for the review my friend đź‘Ť
Another 5-10 laps I might have found that tenth!:mischievous: Next time definitely...

Many thanks for the review. I have to admit, I was happier with the overall package for this car than I was for Supersport. I probably didn't push this tune as much as you because I might have lacked the ability to do that.. :dunce: but you seemed to have found the sweet spot and got a great time out of it too! I have my captain slow badge back once again! :lol:

Awesome work testing and great job testing for all the classes. I cannot say thank you enough for all the time and effort you have put it. You my good sir are a legend and a true king of England. :cheers:
It has been a long 4 weekends of testing, but it has been fun and beneficial to my tuning knowledge. So thanks to you and @Otaliema for putting this one together.đź‘Ť Now it's time to put that information down on paper.:dunce:

@Lionheart2113 great job testing sir. Sorry my car didn't get along with you. She is a picky lady. Guess she only likes wheels.
Noted for next time đź‘Ť
I remember thinking through the first section "This car is going to be quick" then I hit the 2nd section and the quickness of that transmission conflicted with the car movements and it changed to "Aaah 🤬!!!"

Thanks for the review! đź‘Ť

I went all over the map with the tune. Drove it all over the map, too. Reset it and was like, huh… the stock car is pretty good! Made a couple tweaks, drove it all over again then submitted. Glad you liked it.

:cheers:
To be honest, I had a feeling you tuned this thing within an inch of its life, wasn't happy, and went back to basics.:lol: Well done and glad to see the elite going back to Tuning 101!:cheers:

@lBt_33
Lap Time - 2:03.709
DC Rank - 1st
Review:
I really like this car. It is a point and shoot TT tune. There is stability there, but the outside rear can lose grip and slide out if you aren't careful. The whole time you drive the car you feel as if you don't show it some respect, it will turn around and bite you. To me, that is what makes it so much fun. Great job!:bowdown:

WAOUH ! Thank you so much mate, I'm verry happy of this review, I would be glad to give you another tunes, THANKS THANKS THANKS ! :cheers: :D

WAOUH ! Thank you so much mate, I'm verry happy of this review, I would be glad to give you another tunes, THANKS THANKS THANKS ! :cheers: :D
It's a great tune. It might not be for everyone, but it suited me. I know I left some time out on the track, but that's what I look for when testing... Tunes that make me a better driver and allow me to change racing lines. Agility with comfort...the perfect combo in my eyes. Maybe a couple of clicks down on the LSD Accel Sensitivity to tame corner exit, but that's just me.

A safe and solid tune that was a joy to drive. It had what appeared to be a severe BLOR problem until I started using it to my advantage. If not done right, there is the chance of pushing up the hill when aiming for the apex. The lap time should be better, but I think the transmission hurts the overall speed; maybe a little longer final? I had a 2:03.x lap going until I messed up the last chicane

good time surpassed mine, as I said (shaunm80) transmission not match. How had posted could no longer change. always tell the testers always help us in your comments. thank you friend .:cheers:đź‘Ť

@Lionheart2113 times uploaded.
Updated rankings
RUF Open Track Day Rank | Average Lap Points DC Rank | DC
@TheInfamousJEW6 10 | 2:06.008 +01.404 9.889 11 | 16.00
@Otaliema 7 | 2:5.101 +00.497 9.960 7 | 32.00
@Bowtie-muscle 8 | 2:5.205 +00.601 9.952 2 | 57.00
@joaosoarescso 11 | 2:6.176 +01.571 9.875 10 | 18.00
@Brewguy44 6 | 2:5.048 +00.443 9.965 6 | 35.00
@lBt_33 3 | 2:4.799 +00.194 9.984 3 | 48.00
@coryclifford 2 | 2:04.634 +00.029 9.998 5 | 37.00
@hall90 9 | 2:05.388 +00.783 9.938 7 | 32.00
@shaunm80 1 | 2:4.604 +00.000 10.000 1 | 60.00
@Ale67 4 | 2:04.970 +00.366 9.971 9 | 27.00
@xande1959 5 | 2:05.020 +00.415 9.967 4 | 45.00

Suzuka 2014 Lap Time
1 @shaunm80 2:4.604 +00.000
2 @coryclifford 2:04.634 +00.029
3 @lBt_33 2:4.799 +00.194
4 @Ale67 2:04.970 +00.366
5 @xande1959 2:05.020 +00.415

Suzuka 2014 DC Score
1 @shaunm80 60.00
2 @Bowtie-muscle 57.00
3 @lBt_33 48.00
4 @xande1959 45.00
5 @coryclifford 37.00

RUF Open Track Day Suzuka 2014
2:03.297; @coryclifford's tune Driven By Lionheart2113
Most Consistent joaosoarescso 1.746
Fastest Average Lionheart2113 124.095

Sorry for the double post....just couldn't wait any longer!:sly:

Open Track Day Class
Testing Date:
(Feb. 3 - Feb. 20)
Car(s):
CTR2 '96 (2:05.0xx stock"ish" tune w/out rigidity)
Regulations: (575pp/SS/95%^)
Track: Suzuka 2014 (3.61) 10:30 @ 24°

Driving Options
Driving Line: OFF
Blind Spot Indicator: OFF
Active Steering: OFF
Traction Control: 0
Active Stability Management (ASM): OFF
Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS): 1
Skid Recovery Force (SRF): OFF
Controller Sensitivity: 5
Grip set to Real
DS3 (dpads)
"X" throttle
Square brake
Automatic Transmission

-All tunes were ran for 2 sets of 6 consecutive laps. The fastest non-red lap time was recorded.
-DC Rank for this challenge was really close for me. Loads of them had stability and comfort making it hard to rank them lower or higher than the other identical handling tunes.

@TheInfamousJEW6
Lap Time - 2:04.453
DC Rank - 10th
Review:
If you were just cruising around the track, the understeer helps keep the rear in check....but if you really try to go after it.... All of the smoke was coming from both of the front tires. It had a very difficult time getting slowed down, even in a straight line, and the outside front would almost catch fire if you really tried to push it down into a turn. I managed a decent lap, but it was just too uncomfortable for me to accomplish that consistently.

@Otaliema
(Body Rigidity)
Lap Time - 2:04.591
DC Rank - 9th
Review:
Wow, that is a very responsive transmission. Almost too quick for this car. It made it very edgy and unpredictable. Sometimes it had you shifting more than once during a sweeping turn, causing the car to push wide and needing to feather the throttle. A longer final might help the straights and slow down the gear changes just enough.

@Bowtie-muscle
(Body Rigidity)
Lap Time - 2:03.679
DC Rank - 5th
Review:
Another solid tune and reminded me a lot of Shaun's. Very easy to handle and consistent. But like all of the comfy tunes with this car, trying to take it to the limit was a chore. It had good corner entry, but that planted rear end caused the edge of the track to pop up quickly on exit.

@joaosoarescso
(Body Rigidity)
Lap Time - 2:05.071
DC Rank - 11th
Review:
Well, the corner rotation was second to none. Unfortunately, turning this beast into an FR really hurt the overall grip that this car is capable of. Just too much oversteer all around. Maybe at a lower PP this trick might work, but I think 575pp needs a little help from the front wheels. One thing is for sure, you can do some pretty wicked awesome drifts!:dopey:

@Brewguy44
(Body Rigidity)
Lap Time - 2:04.413
DC Rank - 8th
Review:
A very stable tune to drive. No fuss when cruising around the track. When going after it, the snug condition gets more severe and hurts corner exit. It's not tire smoking understeer, but it is present causing me to have to wait or back out of the throttle.

@lBt_33
DC Rank - 1st
Review:
I really like this car. It is a point and shoot TT tune. There is stability there, but the outside rear can lose grip and slide out if you aren't careful. The whole time you drive the car you feel as if you don't show it some respect, it will turn around and bite you. To me, that is what makes it so much fun. Great job!:bowdown:

@coryclifford
(Body Rigidity)
Lap Time - 2:03.297
DC Rank - 2nd
Review:
Either you couldn't be bothered to tune this car and got lucky or you are a genius. Either way, I really liked this tune. If you could show the front end a little love on corner entry (as sometimes the outside front would lose grip and I'd miss my apex) it would be perfect. Your "If it ain't broke; don't fix it, so I've got time to grab another beer" approach works. I couldn't help but laugh a little about it as I was driving and next thing I knew the laps were done.:cheers:

@hall90
(Body Rigidity)
Lap Time - 2:04.383
DC Rank - 6th
Review:
Strong brakes made aggressive corner entry difficult. The outside front tire sliding across the track made corner exit just as tough. Some corners I had to wait on the car before giving it the beans and that really hurt the times. If the 5pp was added, that could be worth .5xx as well, that would have put it the 2:03 club.

@shaunm80
(Body Rigidity)
Lap Time - 2:03.529
DC Rank - 4th
Review:
This is more like it Shaun. A nice solid tune, perfect for running consistent laps. One of the smoothest and easiest to drive at a steady pace. The problem lies when you try and push it, it decides to push too.... through most of the turn. I found myself either tapping the e-brake or hooking the inside front tire on the rumble strip in order to get a quicker rotation through the center of the corner as the RH and suspension allowed this with minimum fuss. Still fun and fast though.đź‘Ť

@Ale67
(Body Rigidity)
Lap Time - 2:03.692
DC Rank - 7th
Review:
Loves to roast the outside front through the the corner, even on acceleration. The most frustrating thing was the braking. The strong brake setting made it easy to suffer from lockup causing a slide. Then the gears never seemed quick enough through the downshifts to assist with engine braking. The combination of these 2 things made it very difficult to judge braking points as I could never predict what the car was going to do once I pressed the square button. This is a rhythm car, I couldn't find it, but I know there are faster times out there for those who can.:boggled:

@xande1959
Lap Time - 2:04.224
DC Rank - 3rd
Review:
A safe and solid tune that was a joy to drive. It had what appeared to be a severe BLOR problem until I started using it to my advantage. If not done right, there is the chance of pushing up the hill when aiming for the apex. The lap time should be better, but I think the transmission hurts the overall speed; maybe a little longer final? I had a 2:03.x lap going until I messed up the last chicane.:ouch:

The Final Word
đź‘Ťđź‘Ť Great job tuners in all categories, this was an interesting set of cars and tracks. After testing these cars, some being notorious for tough tuning, I have learned a few more things about body rigidity, suspensions, and brakes. So another thank you to the tuners. Now it is time to either repair the cars that went to Trial Mountain or simply wash the ones that went to Suzuka...they got prett dusty.:D

@Lionheart2113 , thanks for your review. All true, my car is really too braking!!

Open Track Day Class Testing

I am worn out from the Suzuka Circuit 2014 :boggled:...I am physically tired from driving 11 tunes on this challenging but rewarding course and I am also mentally fried from trying to sort out the DC scores. :banghead:

This was a class of surprises for me. Tunes/Tuners that I thought I would do well with, I ended up struggling or I couldn't unlock the speed/time. Lurking at tune number 10 for me was Cory :nervous: and I had nightmares of his BTR tune @ TMR. In the end, this was a rewarding class of cars and I gained a much better approach to Suzuka...đź‘Ť

Once again the track temperature was all over the place including changing while I was testing. In one case it increased by 13 degrees F...the starting range was between 68 degrees and 81 degrees F. I tested the tunes in the order they were posted with one exception...I did the three stock body cars first. I used a wheel with MT...:)

@TheInfamousJEW6 (Stock Body)
Best Lap Time - 2:05.877
DC - 11
Tune Comments - This was so strange and I had a HARD time trying to figure out this car. I tried different "styles" of driving to try and unlock how the car was intended to be driven around this track. I tried drifting, short shifting, braking early, braking late...I even tried an auto transmission and double checked to make sure I was using sports soft tires! I couldn't get comfortable and never felt like I could drive aggressively. I was fighting with the car all around the track and the car seemed to be fighting with itself - as if it was possessed or using comfort hard tires! I am very sorry I couldn't do better...:embarrassed:

@Otaliema (IBR installed)
Best Lap Time - 2:04.387
DC - 5
Tune Comments - WOW...I am so glad I am right handed to be able and write up my thoughts on this tune. My left wrist hurts so much from driving this car and the constant shifting through the gear range. I saw 6th gear more throughout this track than any other tune...I was already in 6th gear before reaching the start/finish line! Crazy!! I felt like I was missing a 7th gear and would click the paddle shift to a phantom 7th gear on many occasions. This was WORK to drive this car but in a BDSM kind of way :D, I was really enjoying it..."Yes Sir!, give me another!" I will always remember this car for two reasons: 1) I felt like I finally adapted to a tune that was outside my comfort zone and posted a "quick-ish" time and 2) I finally had a lap time faster than Lionheart2113!!!...I can die in peace now. :D:lol:

@Bowtie-muscle (IBR installed)
Best Lap Time - 2:05.695
DC - 8
Tune Comments - A very easy car to jump right in and put down consistent laps but I am not very fast in this car. I followed your advice of easy in & fast out...lift - point - shoot, but I was off just a little bit. This car felt very technical and needed a "higher pay grade" driving it...I started to understand what you wanted but I'm not a consistent enough driver to unlock all that this car had to offer...this is a Stradivarius and at this point, I am a good fiddle player. :) :cheers:

@joaosoarescso (IBR installed)
Best Lap Time - 2:05.445
DC - 7
Tune Comments - This was a fun car to drive and I looked forward to each and every lap. The perfect blend of stable and loose...I left a lot of time on the track due to my frantic approach. All I needed to do was slow down a bit with a touch of smoothness to the inputs...this would have allowed me to be more consistent and unlock all that this car had to offer me. I was close to bonding with this car but I needed to find my Zen place...đź‘Ť

@Brewguy44 (IBR installed)
Best Lap Time - 2:05.970
DC - 10
Tune Comments - This was a strange one. A very easy car to drive around the track doing 2:06.xxx laps but it felt like it was glued to the track and when I wanted the car to slide just a wee bit or change direction a bit quicker, it was "Na - Baby - Na" and "sorry about your luck!"...the more I tried to push it the more the car pushed back. My arms hurt after this session and the fans on my wheel base were as loud as I have ever heard them...we were fighting each other! I need to identify the strengths of a car and use them...adaptability is my new buzz word. :) :cheers:

@lBt_33 (Stock Body)
Best Lap Time - 2:05.941
DC - 4
Tune Comments - I really enjoyed driving this car. I felt like I understood the car and each lap was a pleasure. I was shocked that my times were so slow. I was improving my lap times but at a very slow pace...strange. The cool thing is that I just wanted to keep driving it...to learn more about the track and unlock all that the car could do. This would be one of the cars that I would like to learn in and improve my skills...Well Done.đź‘Ť

@coryclifford (IBR installed)
Best Lap Time - 2:04.889
DC - 1
Tune Comments - I was VERY worried about driving this car after my experience with Cory's BTR tune. Cory is a fast driver and is a good 2+ seconds faster then me...it makes sense that he would like different things in his tunes. I was optimistic at my chances when I saw how close this car was to stock. I quickly made it to the start/finish line which was a HUGE upgrade over the BTR! This car was golden and I felt right at home from the get go. Lap after lap was just plain old fun and this car really helped me drive the course better. This is another car that I never wanted to get out of...less is more I guess! Welcome back to the penthouse Cory! đź‘Ťđź‘Ť

@hall90 (IBR installed)
Best Lap Time - 2:05.762
DC - 9
Tune Comments - I bonded much, much better with this car vs. your Yellowbird tune...I felt like I understood what you were trying to accomplish. This car was very different from the previous cars that I tested and was the first of the improved rigidity cars. It took me 3 or 4 laps to get use to it and it felt "slow" but I started to drive it better. It was hard for me to keep this pointed in the direction I wanted it to go vs. where the car wanted me to go. I know there is a faster time in it but I couldn't hold a lap together...:embarrassed:

@shaunm80 (IBR installed)
Best Lap Time - 2:05.239
DC - 6
Tune Comments - This is the type of tune I would expect from you...very stable with a little "edge" to it. I had fun driving this car as well as playing around a bit with my approach to this track. Once I felt super comfortable with the car, I tried to improve my lap time and no matter what I did, I could not do it. The car felt quick and I am a bit surprised that my time wasn't in the 2:04.xxx. đź‘Ť

@Ale67 (IBR installed)
Best Lap Time - 2:04.706
DC - 2
Tune Comments - I loved driving this car! The car felt like it had great acceleration, stable braking and just enough drifting to make it super fun to drive. I was so close to unlocking all of the goodness of this tune but I ran out of time. This is another car that I would be delighted to spend all day in! Well Done...đź‘Ť

@xande1959 (Stock Body)
Best Lap Time - 2:05.656
DC - 3
Tune Comments - I should just copy and paste my tune comments from lBt_33 above as I was just a wee bit quicker in this car. A total pleasure to drive this car and my favorite of the stock body cars! Well Done...đź‘Ť

Final thoughts: I want to thank all of the tuners and fellow testers in this wonderful FITT event. I have learned so much about different tunes and how I react to them as well as gained an insight into how I drive different tracks. I will work on my adaptability skills and I look very much forward to the next FITT event...:)

:gtpflag::cheers: :gtpflag:

Last edited:

I am worn out from the Suzuka Circuit 2014 :boggled:...I am physically tired from driving 11 tunes on this challenging but rewarding course and I am also mentally fried from trying to sort out the DC scores. :banghead:

This was a class of surprises for me. Tunes/Tuners that I thought I would do well with, I ended up struggling or I couldn't unlock the speed/time. Lurking at tune number 10 for me was Cory :nervous: and I had nightmares of his Yellowbird @ TMR. In the end, this was a rewarding class of cars and I gained a much better approach to Suzuka...đź‘Ť

Once again the track temperature was all over the place including changing while I was testing. In one case it increased by 13 degrees F...the starting range was between 68 degrees and 81 degrees F. I tested the tunes in the order they were posted with one exception...I did the three stock body cars first. I used a wheel with MT...:)

Best Lap Time - 2:08.486
DC - 11
Tune Comments - This was so strange and I had a HARD time trying to figure out this car. I tried different "styles" of driving to try and unlock how the car was intended to be driven around this track. I tried drifting, short shifting, braking early, braking late...I even tried an auto transmission and double checked to make sure I was using sports soft tires! I couldn't get comfortable and never felt like I could drive aggressively. I was fighting with the car all around the track and the car seemed to be fighting with itself - as if it was possessed or using comfort hard tires! I am very sorry I couldn't do better...:embarrassed:

DC - 5
Tune Comments - WOW...I am so glad I am right handed to be able and write up my thoughts on this tune. My left wrist hurts so much from driving this car and the constant shifting through the gear range. I saw 6th gear more throughout this track than any other tune...I was already in 6th gear before reaching the start/finish line! Crazy!! I felt like I was missing a 7th gear and would click the paddle shift to a phantom 7th gear on many occasions. This was WORK to drive this car but in a BDSM kind of way :D, I was really enjoying it..."Yes Sir!, give me another!" I will always remember this car for two reasons: 1) I felt like I finally adapted to a tune that was outside my comfort zone and posted a "quick-ish" time and 2) I finally had a lap time faster than Lionheart2113!!!...I can die in peace now. :D:lol:

DC - 8
Tune Comments - A very easy car to jump right in and put down consistent laps but I am not very fast in this car. I followed your advice of easy in & fast out...lift - point - shoot, but I was off just a little bit. This car felt very technical and needed a "higher pay grade" driving it...I started to understand what you wanted but I'm not a consistent enough driver to unlock all that this car had to offer...this is a Stradivarius and at this point, I am a good fiddle player. :) :cheers:

DC - 7
Tune Comments - This was a fun car to drive and I looked forward to each and every lap. The perfect blend of stable and loose...I left a lot of time on the track due to my frantic approach. All I needed to do was slow down a bit with a touch of smoothness to the inputs...this would have allowed me to be more consistent and unlock all that this car had to offer me. I was close to bonding with this car but I needed to find my Zen place...đź‘Ť

DC - 10
Tune Comments - This was a strange one. A very easy car to drive around the track doing 2:06.xxx laps but it felt like it was glued to the track and when I wanted the car to slide just a wee bit or change direction a bit quicker, it was "Na - Baby - Na" and "sorry about your luck!"...the more I tried to push it the more the car pushed back. My arms hurt after this session and the fans on my wheel base were as loud as I have ever heard them...we were fighting each other! I need to identify the strengths of a car and use them...adaptability is my new buzz word. :) :cheers:

@lBt_33 (Stock Body)
DC - 4
Tune Comments - I really enjoyed driving this car. I felt like I understood the car and each lap was a pleasure. I was shocked that my times were so slow. I was improving my lap times but at a very slow pace...strange. The cool thing is that I just wanted to keep driving it...to learn more about the track and unlock all that the car could do. This would be one of the cars that I would like to learn in and improve my skills...Well Done.đź‘Ť

DC - 1
Tune Comments - I was VERY worried about driving this car after my experience with Cory's Yellowbird tune. Cory is a fast driver and is a good 2+ seconds faster then me...it makes sense that he would like different things in his tunes. I was optimistic at my chances when I saw how close this car was to stock. I quickly made it to the start/finish line which was a HUGE upgrade over the Yellowbird! This car was golden and I felt right at home from the get go. Lap after lap was just plain old fun and this car really helped me drive the course better. This is another car that I never wanted to get out of...less is more I guess! Welcome back to the penthouse Cory! đź‘Ťđź‘Ť

@hall90 (IBR installed)
DC - 9
Tune Comments - I bonded much, much better with this car vs. your Yellowbird tune...I felt like I understood what you were trying to accomplish. This car was very different from the previous cars that I tested and was the first of the improved rigidity cars. It took me 3 or 4 laps to get use to it and it felt "slow" but I started to drive it better. It was hard for me to keep this pointed in the direction I wanted it to go vs. where the car wanted me to go. I know there is a faster time in it but I couldn't hold a lap together...:embarrassed:

DC - 6
Tune Comments - This is the type of tune I would expect from you...very stable with a little "edge" to it. I had fun driving this car as well as playing around a bit with my approach to this track. Once I felt super comfortable with the car, I tried to improve my lap time and no matter what I did, I could not do it. The car felt quick and I am a bit surprised that my time wasn't in the 2:04.xxx. đź‘Ť

@Ale67 (IBR installed)
DC - 2
Tune Comments - I loved driving this car! The car felt like it had great acceleration, stable braking and just enough drifting to make it super fun to drive. I was so close to unlocking all of the goodness of this tune but I ran out of time. This is another car that I would be delighted to spend all day in! Well Done...đź‘Ť

@xande1959 (Stock Body)
DC - 3
Tune Comments - I should just copy and paste my tune comments from lBt_33 above as I was just a wee bit quicker in this car. A total pleasure to drive this car and my favorite of the stock body cars! Well Done...đź‘Ť

Final thoughts: I want to thank all of the tuners and fellow testers in this wonderful FITT event. I have learned so much about different tunes and how I react to them as well as gained an insight into how I drive different tracks. I will work on my adaptability skills and I look very much forward to the next FITT event...:)

Thanks for putting in a great effort with these cars. You are not alone with your impressions of my tune, I seemed to have wandered a bit out of the box. As I was able to drive it fast, but may have made it too specific with the style needed. All good though, and thanks for the feedback. :)

This was a class of surprises for me. Tunes/Tuners that I thought I would do well with, I ended up struggling or I couldn't unlock the speed/time. Lurking at tune number 10 for me was Cory :nervous: and I had nightmares of his Yellowbird @ TMR. In the end, this was a rewarding class of cars and I gained a much better approach to Suzuka...đź‘Ť

DC - 11

DC - 5

DC - 8

DC - 7

DC - 10

@lBt_33 (Stock Body)
DC - 4

DC - 1
Tune Comments - I was VERY worried about driving this car after my experience with Cory's Yellowbird tune. Cory is a fast driver and is a good 2+ seconds faster then me...it makes sense that he would like different things in his tunes. I was optimistic at my chances when I saw how close this car was to stock. I quickly made it to the start/finish line which was a HUGE upgrade over the Yellowbird! This car was golden and I felt right at home from the get go. Lap after lap was just plain old fun and this car really helped me drive the course better. This is another car that I never wanted to get out of...less is more I guess! Welcome back to the penthouse Cory! đź‘Ťđź‘Ť

@hall90 (IBR installed)
DC - 9

DC - 6

@Ale67 (IBR installed)
DC - 2

@xande1959 (Stock Body)
DC - 3

Im glad you really enjoy it, it takes a special driving and you found your zen moment

DC - 6

Thank you for the review. Glad you found this tune easier to get to grips with compared to my previous one. Also, Well done on testing all the classes. It is most definitely appreciated!

Sorry for the double post....just couldn't wait any longer!:sly:

Open Track Day Class
Testing Date:
(Feb. 3 - Feb. 20)
Car(s):
CTR2 '96 (2:05.0xx stock"ish" tune w/out rigidity)
Regulations: (575pp/SS/95%^)
Track: Suzuka 2014 (3.61) 10:30 @ 24°

Driving Options
Driving Line: OFF
Blind Spot Indicator: OFF
Active Steering: OFF
Traction Control: 0
Active Stability Management (ASM): OFF
Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS): 1
Skid Recovery Force (SRF): OFF
Controller Sensitivity: 5
Grip set to Real
DS3 (dpads)
"X" throttle
Square brake
Automatic Transmission

-All tunes were ran for 2 sets of 6 consecutive laps. The fastest non-red lap time was recorded.
-DC Rank for this challenge was really close for me. Loads of them had stability and comfort making it hard to rank them lower or higher than the other identical handling tunes.

@TheInfamousJEW6
Lap Time - 2:04.453
DC Rank - 10th
Review:
If you were just cruising around the track, the understeer helps keep the rear in check....but if you really try to go after it.... All of the smoke was coming from both of the front tires. It had a very difficult time getting slowed down, even in a straight line, and the outside front would almost catch fire if you really tried to push it down into a turn. I managed a decent lap, but it was just too uncomfortable for me to accomplish that consistently.

@Otaliema
(Body Rigidity)
Lap Time - 2:04.591
DC Rank - 9th
Review:
Wow, that is a very responsive transmission. Almost too quick for this car. It made it very edgy and unpredictable. Sometimes it had you shifting more than once during a sweeping turn, causing the car to push wide and needing to feather the throttle. A longer final might help the straights and slow down the gear changes just enough.

@Bowtie-muscle
(Body Rigidity)
Lap Time - 2:03.679
DC Rank - 5th
Review:
Another solid tune and reminded me a lot of Shaun's. Very easy to handle and consistent. But like all of the comfy tunes with this car, trying to take it to the limit was a chore. It had good corner entry, but that planted rear end caused the edge of the track to pop up quickly on exit.

@joaosoarescso
(Body Rigidity)
Lap Time - 2:05.071
DC Rank - 11th
Review:
Well, the corner rotation was second to none. Unfortunately, turning this beast into an FR really hurt the overall grip that this car is capable of. Just too much oversteer all around. Maybe at a lower PP this trick might work, but I think 575pp needs a little help from the front wheels. One thing is for sure, you can do some pretty wicked awesome drifts!:dopey:

@Brewguy44
(Body Rigidity)
Lap Time - 2:04.413
DC Rank - 8th
Review:
A very stable tune to drive. No fuss when cruising around the track. When going after it, the snug condition gets more severe and hurts corner exit. It's not tire smoking understeer, but it is present causing me to have to wait or back out of the throttle.

@lBt_33
DC Rank - 1st
Review:

@coryclifford
(Body Rigidity)
Lap Time - 2:03.297
DC Rank - 2nd
Review:
Either you couldn't be bothered to tune this car and got lucky or you are a genius. Either way, I really liked this tune. If you could show the front end a little love on corner entry (as sometimes the outside front would lose grip and I'd miss my apex) it would be perfect. Your "If it ain't broke; don't fix it, so I've got time to grab another beer" approach works. I couldn't help but laugh a little about it as I was driving and next thing I knew the laps were done.:cheers:

@hall90
(Body Rigidity)
Lap Time - 2:04.383
DC Rank - 6th
Review:
Strong brakes made aggressive corner entry difficult. The outside front tire sliding across the track made corner exit just as tough. Some corners I had to wait on the car before giving it the beans and that really hurt the times. If the 5pp was added, that could be worth .5xx as well, that would have put it the 2:03 club.

@shaunm80
(Body Rigidity)
Lap Time - 2:03.529
DC Rank - 4th
Review:
This is more like it Shaun. A nice solid tune, perfect for running consistent laps. One of the smoothest and easiest to drive at a steady pace. The problem lies when you try and push it, it decides to push too.... through most of the turn. I found myself either tapping the e-brake or hooking the inside front tire on the rumble strip in order to get a quicker rotation through the center of the corner as the RH and suspension allowed this with minimum fuss. Still fun and fast though.đź‘Ť

@Ale67
(Body Rigidity)
Lap Time - 2:03.692
DC Rank - 7th
Review:
Loves to roast the outside front through the the corner, even on acceleration. The most frustrating thing was the braking. The strong brake setting made it easy to suffer from lockup causing a slide. Then the gears never seemed quick enough through the downshifts to assist with engine braking. The combination of these 2 things made it very difficult to judge braking points as I could never predict what the car was going to do once I pressed the square button. This is a rhythm car, I couldn't find it, but I know there are faster times out there for those who can.:boggled:

@xande1959
Lap Time - 2:04.224
DC Rank - 3rd
Review:
A safe and solid tune that was a joy to drive. It had what appeared to be a severe BLOR problem until I started using it to my advantage. If not done right, there is the chance of pushing up the hill when aiming for the apex. The lap time should be better, but I think the transmission hurts the overall speed; maybe a little longer final? I had a 2:03.x lap going until I messed up the last chicane.:ouch:

The Final Word
đź‘Ťđź‘Ť Great job tuners in all categories, this was an interesting set of cars and tracks. After testing these cars, some being notorious for tough tuning, I have learned a few more things about body rigidity, suspensions, and brakes. So another thank you to the tuners. Now it is time to either repair the cars that went to Trial Mountain or simply wash the ones that went to Suzuka...they got prett dusty.:D

Thanks for taking the time to review!! It seems as though I'll really have to spend some time with this car at a later date and see if I can improve my ability to tune it... Thanks again! :cheers:

This was a class of surprises for me. Tunes/Tuners that I thought I would do well with, I ended up struggling or I couldn't unlock the speed/time. Lurking at tune number 10 for me was Cory :nervous: and I had nightmares of his BTR tune @ TMR. In the end, this was a rewarding class of cars and I gained a much better approach to Suzuka...đź‘Ť

DC - 11

DC - 5

DC - 8

DC - 7

DC - 10

@lBt_33 (Stock Body)
DC - 4

DC - 1
Tune Comments - I was VERY worried about driving this car after my experience with Cory's BTR tune. Cory is a fast driver and is a good 2+ seconds faster then me...it makes sense that he would like different things in his tunes. I was optimistic at my chances when I saw how close this car was to stock. I quickly made it to the start/finish line which was a HUGE upgrade over the BTR! This car was golden and I felt right at home from the get go. Lap after lap was just plain old fun and this car really helped me drive the course better. This is another car that I never wanted to get out of...less is more I guess! Welcome back to the penthouse Cory! đź‘Ťđź‘Ť

@hall90 (IBR installed)
DC - 9

DC - 6

@Ale67 (IBR installed)
DC - 2

@xande1959 (Stock Body)
DC - 3

Thanks for your Review! It just seems as though I really dropped the ball with these "Porsches" :crazy: Oh well, there's always next time... It definitely seems as though I jumped the gun on posting this tune, that's for sure...

Anyways thanks again for all the time you and all the tester have put forth! đź‘Ť :cheers:

All cars run for 10 laps using DS3(x go, square stop, d-pads for steering), using auto trans. All aids off except ABS 1 and driving line.

@TheInfamousJEW6
Best Lap Time -2:06:054
DC -9
Tune Comments -
Felt light and nimble. The key to this car is not locking the wheels up. No late braking or turning in when still on the brakes. Brake early and trust the grip when powering out.

@Otaliema
Best Lap Time -2:04:057
DC -7
Tune Comments -
A quite unpredictable car. Sometimes understeer, sometimes oversteer. Good turn in. Brakes lock up if you are too late on them. Red lapped a 2:03:6 in the final chicane though, so can be quick.

@Bowtie-muscle
DC -2
Tune Comments -
Never had this before. Identical times in 2 very different cars. Great through the esses but seemed to lose time from the hairpin on. A little twitchy on exit of the slower corners, but was very consistent and comfortable to drive.

@joaosoarescso
Best Lap Time -2:07:145
DC -11
Tune Comments -
Switching this car to RWD made for an interesting 10 laps. Good under braking with good turn in. A little oversteer present and struggled to get the power down.

@Brewguy44
Best Lap Time -2:05:023
DC -3
Tune Comments -
Well balanced tune. Stable under braking with good turn in. Some understeer present which hurt through the esses. Easy to get the power down and easy to set consistent lap times in. Good effort.

@lBt_33
Best Lap Time -2:04:784
DC -10
Tune Comments -
A difficult tune to settle in to for me. Most of the understeer has been tuned out. Has good turn in and rotation with power oversteer out of the slower corners. Holds the line well through the full throttle corners.

@coryclifford
Best Lap Time -2:03:692
DC -1
Tune Comments -
Didn't build this car from new, so not sure what you did or didn't change. No matter. Was perfect for me. Stable under braking. Good turn in and fantastic rotation on and off power. Some oversteer present that is easily manageable. Bravo Sir.

@hall90
Best Lap Time -2:04:815
DC -8
Tune Comments -
Good solid tune. Stable under braking with good turn in. Would have liked a little more rotation. Easy to get the power down. Missing 5pp which may have made a difference.

@shaunm80
Best Lap Time -2:03:979
DC -4
Tune Comments -
Nice, solid, consistent tune. Stable under braking with good turn in and totation. Some on throttle understeer which meant I couldn't get on the power as early as I would have liked.

@Ale67
Best Lap Time -2:03:566
DC -5
Tune Comments -
Thought this car had good speed. Stable under braking if you hit your marks. Too late and you'll lock up. Good turn in and rotation. Easy to get the power down early. A little understeer present but more than manageable. Well done.

@xande1959
Best Lap Time - 2:05:221
DC - 6
Tune Comments -
Feels like a well balanced tune. Not one you can be super aggresive in though. Good turn in and rotation and easy to get on the power. Consistent.

@shaunm80
DC -4
Tune Comments -
Nice, solid, consistent tune. Stable under braking with good turn in and totation. Some on throttle understeer which meant I couldn't get on the power as early as I would have liked.
Thank you for the good review. A great time you achieved as well. Many thanks for all the time you put in for testing through the RUF challenge too. I am extremely grateful for all the effort you have put in. Great job :)

I will always remember this car for two reasons: 1) I felt like I finally adapted to a tune that was outside my comfort zone and posted a "quick-ish" time and 2) I finally had a lap time faster than Lionheart2113!!!...I can die in peace now. :D:lol:
I just saw that!:lol: Nice to see that you got on with that tune. Having more control over the gear changes couldn't hurt even if you were searching for a 7th gear!:mischievous:

Nice job @biffa3 time for a vacation!:cheers:

All cars run for 10 laps using DS3(x go, square stop, d-pads for steering), using auto trans. All aids off except ABS 1 and driving line.

@TheInfamousJEW6
DC -9
Tune Comments -
Felt light and nimble. The key to this car is not locking the wheels up. No late braking or turning in when still on the brakes. Brake early and trust the grip when powering out.

@Otaliema
DC -7
Tune Comments -
A quite unpredictable car. Sometimes understeer, sometimes oversteer. Good turn in. Brakes lock up if you are too late on them. Red lapped a 2:03:6 in the final chicane though, so can be quick.

@Bowtie-muscle
DC -2
Tune Comments -
Never had this before. Identical times in 2 very different cars. Great through the esses but seemed to lose time from the hairpin on. A little twitchy on exit of the slower corners, but was very consistent and comfortable to drive.

@joaosoarescso
DC -11
Tune Comments -
Switching this car to RWD made for an interesting 10 laps. Good under braking with good turn in. A little oversteer present and struggled to get the power down.

@Brewguy44
DC -3
Tune Comments -
Well balanced tune. Stable under braking with good turn in. Some understeer present which hurt through the esses. Easy to get the power down and easy to set consistent lap times in. Good effort.

@lBt_33
DC -10
Tune Comments -
A difficult tune to settle in to for me. Most of the understeer has been tuned out. Has good turn in and rotation with power oversteer out of the slower corners. Holds the line well through the full throttle corners.

@coryclifford
DC -1
Tune Comments -
Didn't build this car from new, so not sure what you did or didn't change. No matter. Was perfect for me. Stable under braking. Good turn in and fantastic rotation on and off power. Some oversteer present that is easily manageable. Bravo Sir.

@hall90
DC -8
Tune Comments -
Good solid tune. Stable under braking with good turn in. Would have liked a little more rotation. Easy to get the power down. Missing 5pp which may have made a difference.

@shaunm80
DC -4
Tune Comments -

@Ale67
DC -5
Tune Comments -
Thought this car had good speed. Stable under braking if you hit your marks. Too late and you'll lock up. Good turn in and rotation. Easy to get the power down early. A little understeer present but more than manageable. Well done.

@xande1959
DC - 6
Tune Comments -
Feels like a well balanced tune. Not one you can be super aggresive in though. Good turn in and rotation and easy to get on the power. Consistent.
Thanks for testing, you are still the man when it comes to testing. Good lap time too, glad you were able to get on with it. Seems a little odd for some, but if you find the sweet spot....

@TheInfamousJEW6
DC -9
Tune Comments -

@Otaliema
DC -7
Tune Comments -

@Bowtie-muscle
DC -2
Tune Comments -

@joaosoarescso
DC -11
Tune Comments -

@Brewguy44
DC -3
Tune Comments -

@lBt_33
DC -10
Tune Comments -

@coryclifford
DC -1
Tune Comments -

@hall90
DC -8
Tune Comments -

@shaunm80
DC -4
Tune Comments -

@Ale67
DC -5
Tune Comments -

@xande1959
DC - 6
Tune Comments -

Wow @biffa3 good time. thank you for the good review

@Bass Addict really happy you liked my car. :bowdown: Thank you very much đź‘Ť

Last edited:
DC - 5
Thank you for the feedback. Great to hear your honest opinion, had me smiling and snickering the entire post. And just for you sir I'll build s longer transmission so that you can shift into 6th after the start/finish :lol:

DC -7
Tune Comments -
Thank you for the drive and feedback, you hit it on the head, it's a TT tune a little too much do.

I'll get you twos times loaded with an hour.

@Ale67 when replying to two posts please use the Multi Quote or use the tag feature rather than two back to back. Edit is also good. đź‘Ť

Edit; corrected broken phone and auto incorrect errors.

Last edited:
@Bass Addict times loaded,
Updated rankings
@TheInfamousJEW6 11 | 2:06.628 +01.930 9.848 11 | 21.00
@Otaliema 4 | 2:04.923 +00.225 9.982 7 | 44.00
@Bowtie-muscle 8 | 2:05.327 +00.630 9.950 2 | 65.00
@joaosoarescso 10 | 2:05.993 +01.296 9.897 10 | 27.00
@Brewguy44 7 | 2:05.278 +00.581 9.954 8 | 41.00
@lBt_33 5 | 2:05.084 +00.387 9.969 3 | 63.00
@coryclifford 1 | 2:04.697 +00.000 10.000 5 | 62.00
@hall90 9 | 2:05.481 +00.784 9.938 9 | 39.00
@shaunm80 2 | 2:04.763 +00.066 9.995 1 | 70.00
@Ale67 3 | 2:04.904 +00.207 9.983 6 | 47.00
@xande1959 6 | 2:05.179 +00.481 9.962 3 | 63.00

Suzuka 2014 Lap Time
1 @coryclifford 2:04.697 +00.000
2 @shaunm80 2:04.763 +00.066
3 @Ale67 2:04.904 +00.207
4 @Otaliema 2:04.923 +00.225
5 @lBt_33 2:05.084 +00.387

Suzuka 2014 DC Score
1 @shaunm80 70.00
2 @Bowtie-muscle 65.00
3 @lBt_33 63.00
4 @xande1959 63.00
5 @coryclifford 62.00

`@biffa3 times loaded. Updated and current Rankings.
@TheInfamousJEW6 11 | 2:06.513 +02.017 9.841 11 | 28.00
@Otaliema 4 | 2:04.749 +00.253 9.980 8 | 53.00
@Bowtie-muscle 6 | 2:05.073 +00.577 9.954 2 | 85.00
@joaosoarescso 10 | 2:06.223 +01.727 9.863 10 | 32.00
@Brewguy44 8 | 2:05.227 +00.731 9.942 6 | 59.00
@lBt_33 5 | 2:05.024 +00.528 9.958 5 | 69.00
@coryclifford 1 | 2:04.496 +00.000 10.000 1 | 87.00
@hall90 9 | 2:05.348 +00.852 9.932 9 | 47.00
@shaunm80 2 | 2:04.606 +00.110 9.991 2 | 85.00
@Ale67 3 | 2:04.636 +00.140 9.989 6 | 59.00
@xande1959 7 | 2:05.187 +00.691 9.945 4 | 73.00

Suzuka 2014 Lap Time
1 @coryclifford 2:04.496 +00.000
2 @shaunm80 2:04.606 +00.110
3 @Ale67 2:04.636 +00.140
4 @Otaliema 2:04.749 +00.253
5 @lBt_33 2:05.024 +00.528

Suzuka 2014 DC Score
1 @coryclifford 87.00
2 @shaunm80 85.00
3 @Bowtie-muscle 85.00
4 @xande1959 73.00
5 @lBt_33 69.00

Edit corrected Tie's in DC score for 3rd (@Bass Addict) and 2nd (@biffa3) updates

Last edited:
@Bass Addict times loaded,
Updated rankings
@TheInfamousJEW6 11 | 2:06.628 +01.930 9.848 11 | 21.00
@Otaliema 4 | 2:04.923 +00.225 9.982 7 | 44.00
@Bowtie-muscle 8 | 2:05.327 +00.630 9.950 2 | 65.00
@joaosoarescso 10 | 2:05.993 +01.296 9.897 10 | 27.00
@Brewguy44 7 | 2:05.278 +00.581 9.954 8 | 41.00
@lBt_33 5 | 2:05.084 +00.387 9.969 3 | 63.00
@coryclifford 1 | 2:04.697 +00.000 10.000 5 | 62.00
@hall90 9 | 2:05.481 +00.784 9.938 9 | 39.00
@shaunm80 2 | 2:04.763 +00.066 9.995 1 | 70.00
@Ale67 3 | 2:04.904 +00.207 9.983 6 | 47.00
@xande1959 6 | 2:05.179 +00.481 9.962 3 | 63.00

Suzuka 2014 Lap Time
1 @coryclifford 2:04.697 +00.000
2 @shaunm80 2:04.763 +00.066
3 @Ale67 2:04.904 +00.207
4 @Otaliema 2:04.923 +00.225
5 @lBt_33 2:05.084 +00.387

Suzuka 2014 DC Score
1 @shaunm80 70.00
2 @Bowtie-muscle 65.00
3 @lBt_33 63.00
4 @xande1959 63.00
5 @coryclifford 62.00

`@biffa3 times loaded. Updated and current Rankings.
@TheInfamousJEW6 11 | 2:06.513 +02.017 9.841 11 | 28.00
@Otaliema 4 | 2:04.749 +00.253 9.980 8 | 53.00
@Bowtie-muscle 6 | 2:05.073 +00.577 9.954 2 | 85.00
@joaosoarescso 10 | 2:06.223 +01.727 9.863 10 | 32.00
@Brewguy44 8 | 2:05.227 +00.731 9.942 6 | 59.00
@lBt_33 5 | 2:05.024 +00.528 9.958 5 | 69.00
@coryclifford 1 | 2:04.496 +00.000 10.000 1 | 87.00
@hall90 9 | 2:05.348 +00.852 9.932 9 | 47.00
@shaunm80 2 | 2:04.606 +00.110 9.991 2 | 85.00
@Ale67 3 | 2:04.636 +00.140 9.989 6 | 59.00
@xande1959 7 | 2:05.187 +00.691 9.945 4 | 73.00

Suzuka 2014 Lap Time
1 @coryclifford 2:04.496 +00.000
2 @shaunm80 2:04.606 +00.110
3 @Ale67 2:04.636 +00.140
4 @Otaliema 2:04.749 +00.253
5 @lBt_33 2:05.024 +00.528

Suzuka 2014 DC Score
1 @coryclifford 87.00
2 @shaunm80 85.00
3 @Bowtie-muscle 85.00
4 @xande1959 73.00
5 @lBt_33 69.00

Edit corrected Tie's in DC score for 3rd (@Bass Addict) and 2nd (@biffa3) updates
It is mighty close. More impressive, @coryclifford has done a Kimi Raikonnen and jumped from quite far back in DC to taking 1st place.. That is quite impressive.

Back