@Antares26
@randyrockstiff
@Brewguy44

Open Track Day
@TheInfamousJEW6
@Otaliema
@DaBomm4
@Otaliema

@shaunm80 add me tenitivtly to the sport class sir. I'll see what I can do with it after I tackle the 914

Done and added Welcome aboard sir.

@shaunm80 will get you added when he gets on tomorrow. đź‘Ť
Welcome to spin city :lol: :mischievous:

The first sector is deceptive, I just ran a lap .396 faster through it but I screwed up bad in the bowl turn before the long tunnel. For some reason even though I'm fast with my cars, testers never seem to like(Go Fast) them :lol:
Running without ABS? No, NOOOPE!

Ran a new lap of 1:28.825 (20.1 - 23.6 - 26.4) but I think I'll stop doing laps. Think I'll check out the 3400s

There are a few tricks to get the car to behave well, I wonder if there's any tuners will use one particular trick :D I used it on the BTR and CTR.

If FITT competition held on seasonal TT track, those tuned cars could be useful for any coming online event. Just my 2 cents.
We did so on the second? FITT Challenge, the main difficulty at the time was how short the TT's were, now that they are longer, it seems more appealing/plausable because of more tuning/testing time. It's definitely something we all can discuss in the main thread if more are interested in it. :D

@shaunm80 , @Otaliema , and fellow tuners, I will be sitting this compition and the next few out while I learn to drive and tune with a wheel. My faithful DS3 has been retired to the boneyard. :guilty:
You have plenty of time to get a wheel tune in still. Let's see how your tune differs with said wheel compared to previous fitt tunes with now deceased ds3. Have fun getting to know the cars once again. :)

I have managed to go back to my Yellow Bird and find the settings that I can drive fairly easily. I have decided to change the 3400S class to the Old school class to put my tune up against the other amazing tuners in that class of cars.

I will be testing the Sports Class now instead of the Old School Class too.

I have managed to go back to my Yellow Bird and find the settings that I can drive fairly easily. I have decided to change the 3400S class to the Old school class to put my tune up against the other amazing tuners in that class of cars.

I will be testing the Sports Class now instead of the Old School Class too.
That's good you are doing the Old school class now with the Yellow Bird :), the Yellow Bird needs be a good setup to stop the oversteer.

BTR just is something... Argh..
IMG_20160109_194041.jpg

There it will stay.. Lap times from testing, not hot lapping, noABS times mostly, recent with ABS and "easy" to drive. Makes those .8 laps constantly.
If hot lapping "fastest" setup with ABS it will go on 1:29 or faster.

Really have to rest my head from this.

BTR just is something... Argh..
View attachment 499767
There it will stay.. Lap times from testing, not hot lapping, noABS times mostly, recent with ABS and "easy" to drive. Makes those .8 laps constantly.
If hot lapping "fastest" setup with ABS it will go on 1:29 or faster.

Really have to rest my head from this.

Nice progress there đź‘Ť

Any lap time for RGT ? I did 1 lap with the "unknown" tab ( probably 996 GT3 Cup build ) RGT tuned up to 560pp, and it did 2:02s with lots of slow parts. The RGT is a lot more predictable than CTR or BTR :lol:

Nice progress there đź‘Ť

Any lap time for RGT ? I did 1 lap with the "unknown" tab ( probably 996 GT3 Cup build ) RGT tuned up to 560pp, and it did 2:02s with lots of slow parts. The RGT is a lot more predictable than CTR or BTR :lol:
2.03 with a sloppy lap for me. should do a 2.01 without mistakes and carrying the correct speed through the slow corners. :)

Nice progress there đź‘Ť

BTR is predictable on current state, grip tune what is not swinging axe if you push it over grip limits. Grandma style around track gives that 1:30, no screaming from tires(no sliding), relaxed arms on wheel and no sweat on forehead.

Spend most of time on one particular problem, weight of unsprung part of car, after few hours testing ended up few different solutions. Game allows you modify TWO values on unsprung mass of car.

BTR is predictable on current state, grip tune what is not swinging axe if you push it over grip limits. Grandma style around track gives that 1:30, no screaming from tires(no sliding), relaxed arms on wheel and no sweat on forehead.

Current consistent lap is around the same, although while I can run 5+ laps in that range, each of the 5 will have a unique small mistake. Judging the braking zone off the main straight is difficult on a 13" CRT. :lol:

Spend most of time on one particular problem, weight of unsprung part of car, after few hours testing ended up few different solutions. Game allows you modify TWO values on unsprung mass of car.

Two? Wheel selection and brake kit I presume?

Is it better to change the wheel ? I' m using original rims. :irked: Never mind, this tune is for everybody. :cheers:
Depends your tune, there is no fastest or slowest wheel, only different.

BBS RS looks best on BTR :P
Good basics on it, makes my tune bit sharp.
I have tested nearly all wheels under mine and logic from those is pretty clear to me, without changing my suspension I can use few of those, but ended up on wheels what are keeping best overall balance on car, not lightest but just on edge where suspension has enough power to keep up movements.
Few really light wheels give few kmh better straight speed but also slipper rear on my current setup, might end up compensating suspension to tolerate those ;)

Last edited:
Back