FITT RUF Challenge

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 1,256 comments
My tune fits my driving style for this event which I like, but if I get bad reviews about it well I just move on to the next FITT Competition.
That's the reason why I suggest FITT held on a seasonal TT track that don't allow SRF ON for testers.

Super sports. RGT '00

560pp
1238kg
42/58 p2w
Sports soft tyres

Full custom suspension
Racing Brakes
Full custom transmission
Full custom LSD
Triple plate clutch kit
Best of all power parts except no's
Stage 2 weight reduction
Carbon hood

33kg @ 2%

Suspension
Ride height. 81-95
Spring rate. 4.45-11.02
Dampers compression 5-2
Dampers extension. 2-4
Anti roll bars. 3-3
Camber. 0.1-1.1
Toe. -0.15/0.15
Brakes. 6-5

Transmission
Reset to default
Final gear. 5000
Max speed. 137
Ratios

Final gear. 3300

LSD
14/10/40

Power limiter 100%

Ballast 33kg @ 2%

Paint used . GT-POLARIZED 001-P
Wheels used. OZ RACING ULTRALEGGERA standard size.

Enjoy :D

Last edited:
Super sports. RGT '00

557 pp
1238kg
42/58 p2w
Sports soft tyres

Full custom suspension
Racing Brakes
Full custom transmission
Full custom LSD
Triple plate clutch kit
Stage 2 weight reduction
Carbon hood

33kg @ 2%

Suspension
Ride height. 81-95
Spring rate. 4.45-11.02
Dampers compression 5-2
Dampers extension. 2-4
Anti roll bars. 3-3
Camber. 0.1-1.1
Toe. -0.15/0.15
Brakes. 6-5

Transmission
Reset to default
Final gear. 5000
Max speed. 137
Ratios

Final gear. 3300

LSD
14/10/40

Power limiter 100%

Ballast 33kg @ 2%

Another tune quick out the blocks. We have another brave soul upon us. ;) I will let @Otaliema double check the tune as it falls into his class of cars. I can't go taking his jobs away can i? :)

No mention which of ultraleggeras there is used, several choices of them.
Colors are not only cosmetics.
Maybe using numbering for them, first in appearance as number 1 and continuing numbering left to right.

I think I let this tune out of the bag early on here, but it will be interesting to see how it goes and I am :nervous:.
I didn't stray far from my default setup (pretty much stock settings) to get a really good feel for what the car truly needs, but from looking at a few things on your tune....:mischievous:
Another way to look at it....there's a pretty good chance that no matter what you did to it, it's better and easier on the thumbs than stock!:lol:

Maybe using numbering for them, first in appearance as number 1 and continuing numbering left to right.

There's a 0.1lb difference between colors of Ultraleggeras in real life. Not so sure that's worth noting. Further, if color affects whatever magic pixie dust you're selling, what happens when you paint them yourself?

There's a 0.1lb difference between colors of Ultraleggeras in real life. Not so sure that's worth noting. Further, if color affects whatever magic pixie dust you're selling, what happens when you paint them yourself?
Most manufacturers give color coding alongside wheel ET value.. ;)

Most manufacturers give color coding alongside wheel ET value.. ;)

Except most offer your choice of sizing/bolt pattern/offset and a separate finish type selection. OZ in particular I know to do so.

Not that any of this matters considering wheels in GT are simply scaled to match factory offset and diameter, with bolt pattern winding up whatever it wants to be after scaling.

Except most offer your choice of sizing/bolt pattern/offset and a separate finish type selection. OZ in particular I know to do so.

Not that any of this matters considering wheels in GT are simply scaled to match factory offset and diameter, with bolt pattern winding up whatever it wants to be after scaling.
Check how Enkei color codes wheels.
After tunes are published I'll give a setup what you can test with different color wheels and see at there is more than colors.

I hesite to sign in as testers, and as tuners for the Yellow Bird too, cause I did a quick tune and lap at Trial Mountain Reverse, this results in a 1:29:590 best lap.

May you put me as tester for the BTR, CTR and RGT ? :cheers:
Did you still want to test the Super sport? you can test all the groups, currently you can only tune for two groups.

I will tune super sport class and test old school class please.
Added sir. BTW love the new Avatar 👍

Super sports. RGT '00

557 pp
1238kg
42/58 p2w
Sports soft tyres

Full custom suspension
Racing Brakes
Full custom transmission
Full custom LSD
Triple plate clutch kit
Stage 2 weight reduction
Carbon hood

33kg @ 2%

Suspension
Ride height. 81-95
Spring rate. 4.45-11.02
Dampers compression 5-2
Dampers extension. 2-4
Anti roll bars. 3-3
Camber. 0.1-1.1
Toe. -0.15/0.15
Brakes. 6-5

Transmission
Reset to default
Final gear. 5000
Max speed. 137
Ratios

Final gear. 3300

LSD
14/10/40

Power limiter 100%

Ballast 33kg @ 2%

Tune looks good sir. 👍 Just correct your PP rating to 560 in your post other wise all settings check out on build.

Wheel design is cosmic, unless PD did some magic coding for a few of them, just slap the set on you like the best and go with it. Just match the size as that at least IMO affects lateral G load for the tires.

If wheels did anything weight/mass related it would show up in a simple, repeatable drag racing test. Go buy a something 4wd that can full throttle launch without problem and take it to the 400m test track, using automatic transmission you can run identical passes easily so if any of the wheels do anything it would show up there.

IIRC there was a measurable difference in GT5 between wheel sizes. Was no more than 0.002s through the 400m however.

Wheel design is cosmic, unless PD did some magic coding for a few of them, just slap the set on you like the best and go with it. Just match the size as that at least IMO affects lateral G load for the tires.
Cosmic yes, cosmetics no :)

Just pick whatever wheel is the worst for the BTR, I'll use them.
Let's make this better, do your tune and tell what wheels you used on it and I say which to use then. Prefer at you publish whole tune before.
Reason for this, any wheel could be used and make good tune for them, but after that there is no change to keep same driving characteristics when applying other wheels.

@DolHaus best test is going on this compo, BTR won't lie :)

Last edited:
I think odefinn wanted to say some wheels are better than others, if you are on stock wheels, different wheels may improve the car ? I only pick wheels for visual aspect ( like BBS RS for Shima Blackbird ) :D
Thank you for the translation of intent, you know him pretty well so you can read his intent with the posts past the language barrier. I've been getting to know him but I am still getting to used to his intents in his posts.

Thank you for the translation of intent, you know him pretty well so you can read his intent with the posts past the language barrier. I've been getting to know him but I am still getting to used to his intents in his posts.

I always try to stay cool, patience and polite :)
If I may make a suggestion :
Maybe just type which wheels used on the tune, it's nothing much, I do it on all my replica post :) For different color wheel like Rays TE37, maybe put a number to differentiate, left most is 1 and count the next wheel in the row. So, if there's more than one color, it's still easy to pinpoint which is which.

Example : Let's say TE37 are in white, bronze and black, the 1st one is white, next is bronze ( 2 ) and the last in row is black ( 3 ).

I always try to stay cool, patience and polite :)
If I may make a suggestion :
Maybe just type which wheels used on the tune, it's nothing much, I do it on all my replica post :) For different color wheel like Rays TE37, maybe put a number to differentiate, left most is 1 and count the next wheel in the row. So, if there's more than one color, it's still easy to pinpoint which is which.
That is something that is up to the tuner on the post. I myself just say X size wheels. and list which ones I used as I always paint mine so the color is not applicable.
Until confirmed verifiable tests come out showing that different paint changes the wheel performance We will leave color up to the tester.

IIRC there was a measurable difference in GT5 between wheel sizes. Was no more than 0.002s through the 400m however.
Although small it is still a definable difference, if someone can say to me that by fitting X set of wheels the time decreased/increased by X amount then I will accept that there is some sort of difference and consider further testing, until that point they are all just visual mods with no bearing on tuning approach or technique.

The problem comes when people are discussing feelings like they are facts. I've played around with the placebo effect before and the results are always surprising, when I was tuning for an online racing team I would ask my drivers to alter inconsequential things like changing from custom wing 1 to custom wing 3 saying that it would give them more rear grip and their times and feedback would change considerably despite the car being mechanically identical.

We will leave color up to the tester.

Hopefully when wheel type and color is mentioned on tune tester is "forced" to obey tuner posted setup?

The problem comes when people are discussing feelings like they are facts. I've played around with the placebo effect before and the results are always surprising, when I was tuning for an online racing team
After this Old School Class we should continue this. On other thread. I wished for placebo, but BTR on this track is just too obvious to point out differences. Later, on other thread more.

Latest Posts

Back