FITT Stingray (C7) Challenge. Congratulations To the podium finishers. See results for who won.

• Thread starter Otaliema
  • 408 comments
I always test my creations, and I usually use 1st lap with realistic pace driving lap times as reference of the potential of the car. I could get faster with tens or more laps, but that would driving in a way that no one would do in real, kamikaze braking, go for broke exits :lol: aliens stuff that borders on daytona or ridge racer esque driving or clinical smooth as rail type :P

I always test my creations, and I usually use 1st lap with realistic pace driving lap times as reference of the potential of the car. I could get faster with tens or more laps, but that would driving in a way that no one would do in real, kamikaze braking, go for broke exits :lol: aliens stuff that borders on daytona or ridge racer esque driving or clinical smooth as rail type :P
But kamakazi arcade driving is so much more fun :lol: I try and go for smooth as possible while driving. It's less hard on the car and is faster most of the time. I still can't figure out how @coryclifford is 3 seconds faster :odd:

But kamakazi arcade driving is so much more fun :lol: I try and go for smooth as possible while driving. It's less hard on the car and is faster most of the time. I still can't figure out how @coryclifford is 3 seconds faster :odd:

Corys tune was fast and very responsive. The set up wasn't anywhere near my personal style, but what I liked about his set up, it had instant recovery from almost all situations. Good laps or bad, it got great times because of that one thing.

I am sorry for the delay but it gave me an extra day to think about DC...I am not sure if that is a good thing! :boggled:

A big thank you goes out to @Otaliema for hosting this event! Also, I want to thank each and every tuner for all of their hard work 👍 ...I really love testing in these events! I have learned so much about my driving style and how to approach different race tracks as well as adjusting to different styles...I am getting better but I have a way to go.

I tested in the order presented below...each car got 12 laps due to my current schedule. I left a high 1:30 lap out on the track on two tunes but I had to limit my testing to 12 laps. I quit after each session and re-built each car to the exact specs minus the color of the car...I really love yellow with black accents on this car!

Indy Road Course with ABS:1, Track: real. I did well with the tunes that used all of the available aero parts and I struggled with the three tunes that left off the flat floor option. That being said there were, of course, exceptions to this...:sly:

@Otaliema
Lap Time: 1:31.594 DC Rank: 4

Impressions and feedback: Fun, Fun, Fun....testing got off to a great start (for a change!) with this tune. I enjoyed driving this car but watch out as it will bite you in a heartbeat! I loved the tranny (go figure!) and the brakes were rock solid. I short shift a lot with your tunes in general and this really helped me control the flow around the technical sections on this track. Well Done!! 👍

@xande1959
Lap Time: 1:31.449 DC Rank: 2

Impressions and feedback: What a difference one missed setting can do...this car was undriveable...it felt like an ice storm descended on Indy. I could not finish one single lap! FINALLY, by short shifting all around the course, I completed ONE lap with a blistering time of 1:38.154. What!?!? I am starting to really like tunes by Xande and there is no way his car is 7 seconds slower than the previous car. I doubled check all the settings and tried again...same problem. Now what do I do? I can not drive this car.:banghead: I took one last look at the settings before I send @Otaliema a PM and my mistake jumped off the TV screen: Tires Front: SS Tires Back:SH Well now, let's put some SS love on the rears!💡 WOW, what a great ride! I am starting to think I might have done the same thing to Cory's BTR tune earlier this year as his car acted exactly the same...I had a high 1:30 red lap due to a stupid mistake on my part.
Great Job!! :bowdown:

@Bowtie-muscle
Lap Time: 1:31.299 DC Rank: 1

Impressions and feedback: WOW!! Like a duck to water...perfect car in every way possible! I followed your advice about keeping momentum up and flowing around the track...a complete joy to drive and I didn't want to quit after 12 blissful laps. A mystical, sublime experience that caused me to forget my ordinary reality and enter an alternate world where I was at Indy driving this car on a perfect sunny day!! This is my favorite tune of the entire year! :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

@shaunm80
Lap Time: 1:32.344 DC Rank: 9

Impressions and feedback: Very smooth and very stable...hallmarks of your tunes in my hands. I got this time on lap 2 and spent the next 10 laps wondering why I couldn't improve. The car seemed a wee bit "slow" and some of the shift points were at awkward points on the track for me. When I asked for just a bit more, the car would understeer in my hands and we started to fight each other. I hit a brick wall and nothing I could do to change that...the 12th lap was my slowest lap. I am very sorry but something seemed a bit off to me. :embarrassed:

@coryclifford
Lap Time: 1:31.907 DC Rank: 5

Impressions and feedback: Super fun to drive (as always) and I was very surprised my time wasn't better. This car felt very, very fast but I couldn't develop a good rhythm through certain sections of the track and that is where I lost significant time. I started to push and that made it worse...but, I wanted to keep driving it and try and unlock all of the goodness that I know is there. Very good tune Cory! 👍

@Ridox2JZGTE
Lap Time: 1:33.153 DC Rank: 7

Impressions and feedback: I felt like I did better with this tune because I followed your advice and that really helped me adjust better to your style. I felt like I was starting to understand what your tunes are all about. The entire time driving this car, it felt authentic...I was having an experience that was very close to real life. It did feel "slow" on the high speed sections but once I learned where the car was comfortable...BAM! I ran out of laps to improve my time, but I really wanted to keep driving! 👍

@OdeFinn
Lap Time: 1:33.336 DC Rank: 13
Impressions and feedback: No flat floor really changed how I needed to drive this car. All of the braking points changed and the car became a bit harder to control out on the oval as well as the high speed straight. I needed 6 to 8 laps to try and find a good rhythm again...I was off with this tune and I would need 25 laps or so to have any chance to improve my ability to drive this car as intended. Sorry! :embarrassed:

@lBt_33
Lap Time: 1:31.977 DC Rank: 8

Impressions and feedback: Fun car to drive! I bonded quickly and improved my times almost with every lap. This one is on me as I just couldn't take it up another level and like cory's car, I am surprised my time wasn't better. I am sorry about the DC rating and I struggled big time with rating your tune along with 4 to 5 other tunes...:nervous::embarrassed::nervous:

@Antares26
Lap Time: 1:31.580 DC Rank: 3

Impressions and feedback: Wonderful Tune! Just get in and go! Tremendous baking allowing me to move forward some braking points. A very stable tune but it will bite you hard if you are a wee bit aggressive. I left a little time out on the track but I am getting closer to getting all of the speed out of your tunes! :bowdown:

@sinof1337
Lap Time: 1:32.143 DC Rank: 6

Impressions and feedback: The biggest surprise in all of the tunes...at this point in testing, I am dreading taking this car out with the least amount of aero parts installed. No flat floor does make a huge difference for me in braking and handling but for some reason I clicked with this car! A very good tranny and I used the 12 laps to improve my time. In each and every non flat floor tune, I would visit the wall entering the final straight but I managed the understeer much better with your tune. Well Done! 👍

@Lionheart2113
Lap Time: 1:32.000 DC Rank: 10

Impressions and feedback: A tune from such a consistent driver like Lionheart had me completely baffled !! I had more red laps with this car...I thought I had the lift off oversteer down until the quick chicane and I would plow right through it! No wiggle room for me in this car and I felt like I needed to be perfect with my driving line or the lap would turn red in a heartbeat. I was able to get a decent time late in testing...:nervous::embarrassed::nervous:

@Ale67
Lap Time: 1:32.704 DC Rank: 11

Impressions and feedback: I can see why Lionheart picked this tune for his DC champion...this tune felt exactly like his tune! A Brother-in-arms tune for sure!! For a minute, I thought I forgot to change the tab under the car settings page and was still driving Lionheart's car! I generally like Ale67's tunes but this car/track combo was uncomfortable for me...very hard to drive and keep the car pointed where I wanted it to go. I am very sorry Ale67...:nervous::embarrassed::nervous:

@TheInfamousJEW6
Lap Time: 1:32.346 DC Rank: 12

Impressions and feedback: At this point in testing I know what I am in for. No flat floor installed means a tough drive for me. I was able to coax a pretty good time out of this tune due to the 24 laps on the other two tunes but this was work to try and get a good time. I am very sorry for the DC rating as I usually love driving your cars. :embarrassed:

Thanks again to @Otaliema and all the tuners! I am very sorry for some of the DC scores but I had to follow what I felt like driving the cars to break all the DC ties that I had on my score sheet!

:gtpflag: :cheers: :gtpflag:

I am sorry for the delay but it gave me an extra day to think about DC...I am not sure if that is a good thing! :boggled:

A big thank you goes out to @Otaliema for hosting this event! Also, I want to thank each and every tuner for all of their hard work 👍 ...I really love testing in these events! I have learned so much about my driving style and how to approach different race tracks as well as adjusting to different styles...I am getting better but I have a way to go.

I tested in the order presented below...each car got 12 laps due to my current schedule. I left a high 1:30 lap out on the track on two tunes but I had to limit my testing to 12 laps. I quit after each session and re-built each car to the exact specs minus the color of the car...I really love yellow with black accents on this car!

Indy Road Course with ABS:1, Track: real. I did well with the tunes that used all of the available aero parts and I struggled with the three tunes that left off the flat floor option. That being said there were, of course, exceptions to this...:sly:

@Otaliema
Lap Time: 1:31.594 DC Rank: 4

Impressions and feedback: Fun, Fun, Fun....testing got off to a great start (for a change!) with this tune. I enjoyed driving this car but watch out as it will bite you in a heartbeat! I loved the tranny (go figure!) and the brakes were rock solid. I short shift a lot with your tunes in general and this really helped me control the flow around the technical sections on this track. Well Done!! 👍

@xande1959
Lap Time: 1:31.449 DC Rank: 2

Impressions and feedback: What a difference one missed setting can do...this car was undriveable...it felt like an ice storm descended on Indy. I could not finish one single lap! FINALLY, by short shifting all around the course, I completed ONE lap with a blistering time of 1:38.154. What!?!? I am starting to really like tunes by Xande and there is no way his car is 7 seconds slower than the previous car. I doubled check all the settings and tried again...same problem. Now what do I do? I can not drive this car.:banghead: I took one last look at the settings before I send @Otaliema a PM and my mistake jumped off the TV screen: Tires Front: SS Tires Back:SH Well now, let's put some SS love on the rears!💡 WOW, what a great ride! I am starting to think I might have done the same thing to Cory's BTR tune earlier this year as his car acted exactly the same...I had a high 1:30 red lap due to a stupid mistake on my part.
Great Job!! :bowdown:

@Bowtie-muscle
Lap Time: 1:31.299 DC Rank: 1

Impressions and feedback: WOW!! Like a duck to water...perfect car in every way possible! I followed your advice about keeping momentum up and flowing around the track...a complete joy to drive and I didn't want to quit after 12 blissful laps. A mystical, sublime experience that caused me to forget my ordinary reality and enter an alternate world where I was at Indy driving this car on a perfect sunny day!! This is my favorite tune of the entire year! :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

@shaunm80

Impressions and feedback: Very smooth and very stable...hallmarks of your tunes in my hands. I got this time on lap 2 and spent the next 10 laps wondering why I couldn't improve. The car seemed a wee bit "slow" and some of the shift points were at awkward points on the track for me. When I asked for just a bit more, the car would understeer in my hands and we started to fight each other. I hit a brick wall and nothing I could do to change that...the 12th lap was my slowest lap. I am very sorry but something seemed a bit off to me. :embarrassed:

@coryclifford
Lap Time: 1:31.907 DC Rank: 5

Impressions and feedback: Super fun to drive (as always) and I was very surprised my time wasn't better. This car felt very, very fast but I couldn't develop a good rhythm through certain sections of the track and that is where I lost significant time. I started to push and that made it worse...but, I wanted to keep driving it and try and unlock all of the goodness that I know is there. Very good tune Cory! 👍

@Ridox2JZGTE

Impressions and feedback: I felt like I did better with this tune because I followed your advice and that really helped me adjust better to your style. I felt like I was starting to understand what your tunes are all about. The entire time driving this car, it felt authentic...I was having an experience that was very close to real life. It did feel "slow" on the high speed sections but once I learned where the car was comfortable...BAM! I ran out of laps to improve my time, but I really wanted to keep driving! 👍

@OdeFinn
Lap Time: 1:33.336 DC Rank: 13
Impressions and feedback: No flat floor really changed how I needed to drive this car. All of the braking points changed and the car became a bit harder to control out on the oval as well as the high speed straight. I needed 6 to 8 laps to try and find a good rhythm again...I was off with this tune and I would need 25 laps or so to have any chance to improve my ability to drive this car as intended. Sorry! :embarrassed:

@lBt_33

Impressions and feedback: Fun car to drive! I bonded quickly and improved my times almost with every lap. This one is on me as I just couldn't take it up another level and like cory's car, I am surprised my time wasn't better. I am sorry about the DC rating and I struggled big time with rating your tune along with 4 to 5 other tunes...:nervous::embarrassed::nervous:

@Antares26
Lap Time: 1:31.580 DC Rank: 3

Impressions and feedback: Wonderful Tune! Just get in and go! Tremendous baking allowing me to move forward some braking points. A very stable tune but it will bite you hard if you are a wee bit aggressive. I left a little time out on the track but I am getting closer to getting all of the speed out of your tunes! :bowdown:

@sinof1337
Lap Time: 1:32.143 DC Rank: 6

Impressions and feedback: The biggest surprise in all of the tunes...at this point in testing, I am dreading taking this car out with the least amount of aero parts installed. No flat floor does make a huge difference for me in braking and handling but for some reason I clicked with this car! A very good tranny and I used the 12 laps to improve my time. In each and every non flat floor tune, I would visit the wall entering the final straight but I managed the understeer much better with your tune. Well Done! 👍

@Lionheart2113
Lap Time: 1:32.000 DC Rank: 10

Impressions and feedback: A tune from such a consistent driver like Lionheart had me completely baffled !! I had more red laps with this car...I thought I had the lift off oversteer down until the quick chicane and I would plow right through it! No wiggle room for me in this car and I felt like I needed to be perfect with my driving line or the lap would turn red in a heartbeat. I was able to get a decent time late in testing...:nervous::embarrassed::nervous:

@Ale67
Lap Time: 1:32.704 DC Rank: 11

Impressions and feedback: I can see why Lionheart picked this tune for his DC champion...this tune felt exactly like his tune! A Brother-in-arms tune for sure!! For a minute, I thought I forgot to change the tab under the car settings page and was still driving Lionheart's car! I generally like Ale67's tunes but this car/track combo was uncomfortable for me...very hard to drive and keep the car pointed where I wanted it to go. I am very sorry Ale67...:nervous::embarrassed::nervous:

@TheInfamousJEW6
Lap Time: 1:32.346 DC Rank: 12

Impressions and feedback: At this point in testing I know what I am in for. No flat floor installed means a tough drive for me. I was able to coax a pretty good time out of this tune due to the 24 laps on the other two tunes but this was work to try and get a good time. I am very sorry for the DC rating as I usually love driving your cars. :embarrassed:

Thanks again to @Otaliema and all the tuners! I am very sorry for some of the DC scores but I had to follow what I felt like driving the cars to break all the DC ties that I had on my score sheet!

:gtpflag: :cheers: :gtpflag:
Speechless......not that it was fast, you were only a tenth off of my time. But that you enjoyed one of my tunes.:embarrassed:
Told you there was atleast one that you would like.:D
Thank you so much for taking the time to test. And being as fast as I was in my tune is impressive. Great lap 👍

Wow super consistent driving sir.
Glade to hear you had a grand time I the car.
I'll get your times loaded in a bit or in the morning.

@Ridox2JZGTE

You lap time is similar to mine :) Thank you sir, really glad that you felt that way driving the car :P Happy as well with the DC, there are many excellent tunes here, so it must hard to give the DC, 7 is good number :cheers:

@shaunm80

Great job testing, really consistent times set once again. As i have said before, this tune was always going to be hit and miss with the time that I put into it but you managed to get a great time out of it none the less. Thanks for driving it and I am sure that normal scheduling will be resumed next time. :)

Speechless......not that it was fast, you were only a tenth off of my time. But that you enjoyed one of my tunes.:embarrassed:
Told you there was atleast one that you would like.:D
Thank you so much for taking the time to test. And being as fast as I was in my tune is impressive. Great lap 👍

Thanks and you are welcome...:) It was always on me as you are a very good tuner. Your advice helped me on the mental side of things and to be ready to do my best.

Wow super consistent driving sir.
Glade to hear you had a grand time I the car.
Thanks...we seem to have a good chemistry going!

You lap time is similar to mine :) Thank you sir, really glad that you felt that way driving the car :P Happy as well with the DC, there are many excellent tunes here, so it must hard to give the DC, 7 is good number :cheers:

You are very welcome...:) DC was brutal this time out but I am glad that you are fine with your score!

Great job testing, really consistent times set once again. As i have said before, this tune was always going to be hit and miss with the time that I put into it but you managed to get a great time out of it none the less. Thanks for driving it and I am sure that normal scheduling will be resumed next time. :)

Thanks Shaun...:) if I had a bit more time with each tune, say 20 laps or so, I could have worked it out and had a better experience with your tune.

@lBt_33

Thank you for the review mate ! I'm glad you enjoyed it, no need to be sorry it's understandable, I know that it's difficult to rank all the tunes :P

Updated rankings after @Bass Addict times loaded in
Indy Road Lap Time
1 @Bowtie-muscle 1:31.730 +00.000
2 @coryclifford 1:31.927 +0.198
3 @Otaliema 1:32.030 +0.301
4 @xande1959 1:32.032 +0.302
5 @shaunm80 1:32.221 +0.491
Indy Road DC Score
1 @Bowtie-muscle 105.00
2 @lBt_33 96.00
3 @shaunm80 86.00
4 @Antares26 76.00
5 @Ale67 76.00
*tie break determined by lap time average.*
Stingray '14 Indy Road
1:30.903; @Otaliema's tune Driven By OdeFinn

Stingray '14 Rank | Average Lap Points DC Rank | DC

@Otaliema 3 | 1:32.030 +00.301 9.967 9 | 57.00
@xande1959 4 | 1:32.032 +00.302 9.967 8 | 58.00
@Bowtie-muscle 1 | 1:31.730 +00.000 10.000 1 | 105.00
@shaunm80 5 | 1:32.221 +00.491 9.947 3 | 86.00
@coryclifford 2 | 1:31.927 +00.198 9.979 6 | 66.00
@Ridox2JZGTE 12 | 1:33.430 +01.700 9.818 11 | 45.00
@OdeFinn 13 | 1:33.515 +01.785 9.809 13 | 28.00
@lBt_33 8 | 1:32.443 +00.713 9.923 2 | 96.00
@Antares26 7 | 1:32.303 +00.573 9.938 4 | 76.00
@sinof1337 10 | 1:32.940 +01.210 9.870 7 | 65.00
@Lionheart2113 6 | 1:32.251 +00.522 9.943 9 | 57.00
@Ale67 9 | 1:32.466 +00.736 9.920 4 | 76.00
@TheInfamousJEW6 11 | 1:33.134 +01.404 9.849 12 | 37.00

All tunes tested at Indianapolis Road Course. Grip Set Real, ABS 1, TCS 0 SRF Off, Active steering Off. All cars received 5 laps of warm up and learning. 5 laps of hot lapping. Fastest Ghost loaded.
DC was very hard to decide in this challenge. So many cars were 8.5 to 9.5 cars in the old system. It came down to what would I take a online seasonal A spec race, is how I decided.

@Otaliema
Lap Time;1:31.264 DC Rank;5
Impressions and feedback;My car, it was everything I remembered, just as twitchy, hard to balance, and fast. If I kept it smooth and didn’t cook an entry this was blistering fast, mess up even a tiny bit and well you would understeer into the grass or spin it. The weight shift was the issue, it went back to front too quickly at high speeds and front to back too quick at low speeds. Needs work on the dampers. Really the main part of this tune that is keeping it in the running is the transmission. I was 0.100 seconds behind @coryclifford exiting the final hairpin and it just tracked him down and blew by the ghost.

@xande1959
Lap Time;1:33.551 DC Rank; 11
Impressions and feedback; This car is very well built for not having a lot if any track time due to your illness. It handled the high speed turns with total ease. The transmission was a tad short so that hurt it going into turn 1. I couldn’t seem to carry the speed through the turns like I wanted, it didn’t take to my form of trail braking very well it under steered in each turn when I tried, so resorted to straight line and it worked much better that way. What really slowed me up was the last 4 turns on the in field. I couldn’t carry enough speed and I couldn’t lay into the throttle soon enough to make up for the slower turning. Entry and exit grip was great but mid corner felt like it was lacking. Over all good tune, very easy to be consistent with it, but also very easy to go past it’s limits and kill the lap.

@Bowtie-muscle
Lap Time; 1:32.515 DC Rank; 9
Impressions and feedback; As the notes say, early braking is the key to this car. Hit them late and you understeer right past the apex and your lap is shot. Great balance on the car. Very neutral overall, I would tell it to do something and it would with no arguments. I couldn’t get on the gas as soon as I would have like for exit’s found it would get tail happy on me. Well done sir.

@shaunm80
Lap Time;1:32.362 DC Rank;2
Impressions and feedback; For a short period car, you did a fantastic job with it. A hint of understeer at entry is really the only thing that slowed this car down. Not sure if it was the camber or the LSD settings. Well balanced, smooth, consistent and easy to drive, all the hallmarks of your cars. Great job with the time you had sir. I would love to see you polish this one up to a nice shine.

@coryclifford
Lap Time;1:31.848 DC Rank;1
Impressions and feedback;Well you get the award for the most efficient tuning possible. All of four suspension settings changed and man what a difference thouse small changes made to the car. Smooth and fast. It felt my car other than recovery which is did a lit better than mine did. I think different choices on power parts and little longer of a transmission would have made this even faster. Well done sir.

@Ridox2JZGTE
Lap Time;1:33.548 DC Rank; 12
Impressions and feedback;This car was a handful. It would push back if I pushed it. So had to back off and let the car do the work for me. Once I got the hang of it, this was a great car to drive. Smooth and consistent. I feel like I need to go see a chiropractor after driving it, every bump was translated through the wheel. Throttle control is of the utmost importance with this car it’s unforgiving if you smash the gas, lost more than one good lap in the hairpins because I got greedy. I think I would admire this car from the outside in real life, I wouldn’t want them to have to replace the body work :lol:

@OdeFinn
Lap Time;1:34.890 DC Rank;13
Impressions and feedback; I gave this car extra attention. I tested with two wing/wheel set up’s. The tuner set and whatever was on the car when I pulled the tune up. At first after I switched to the as listed parts, I thought no biggie it’s just cosmetic, but as driving another 10 laps on this, I think there may be something to this theory of rims and wing set up. Further investigation required. About the tune. As I’ve said about your cars in the past, just like @Ridox2JZGTE cars, drive them like you would in real life or crash, Once I slowed up and smoothed out, this was a great car to drive. Fast? Yes in a straight line, corners not so much. Front end would load up on heavy braking, the tail would go away if I jumped the gas. I think a flat floor would have shaved a couple seconds off this car it cornered very well just not quickly.

@lBt_33
Lap Time;1:32.090 DC Rank;7
Impressions and feedback; This car was an odd duck, drive it hard and you’re toast drive is calm and smooth and your quick, miss an entry and you lose a ton of time. Once I got in a rhythm with it, I kept improving my time lap after lap, finally getting that time on lap 9. It didn’t like sharp changes in throttle and brakes, it would lock up and spin if I did that. This is a great car to improve your inputs with, even more so than some of the other usual suspects for this type of car. Well done sir.

@Anatres26
Lap Time;1:32.949 DC Rank;8
Impressions and feedback;This is a great car, fast stable and fun. Just as the description says you can stay in 3rd for most turns with only a couple in 2nd gear. For me the brakes were a tad off, I couldn’t quite bring it in a from 150m at 295, I did find exit grip under heavy attack was a bit low and it was prone to some fishing, but it rarely spun the car. Maybe a tad bit longer on the final and it would have been faster out of the turns and on the home straight keeping it in the full power longer. Very well done sir.

@sinof1337
Lap Time;1:33.425 DC Rank;6
Impressions and feedback;As normal you have made a bloody fantastic car, slap a Flat floor on it and it would be right there battling for the top spot. Stable, fast, great corner entry and exit, just low on grip compared to the flat floor cars. I did feel the transmission was a tad short capping out at 309 km/h due to power loss, but the shorter gears made it fast on the pick up from the corners. Good choice between acceleration and top speed with the settings sir.

So I slapped a flat floor on the car, and took it out again. No changes to the tune and I clocked in a 1:32.559 on my first lap. Very very well done sir.

@Lionheart2113
Lap Time;1:32.531 DC Rank; 4
Impressions and feedback; Bloody fantastic car, did what I asked when I asked it too. As long as I kept the tires white it stuck like glue, if I cooked one, the lap was toast. There is a 1:31 in this car for me I just couldn’t keep it together for the entire lap, I would mess one turn up and lose it. Very well done sir.

@Ale67
Lap Time;1:32.837 DC Rank;3
Impressions and feedback;
Great car, as long as I didn’t kamakazi a turn it stuck great, little to no wheel spin, over all this is a fast consistent tune that would be great at any track. It is so well done there isn’t anything to say about it :lol: :D Great job sir.

@TheInfamousJEW6
Lap Time;1:33.819 DC Rank;10
Impressions and feedback; The car was a great drive. Did what you asked when you asked, except for stop :banghead: I found that when I pushed hard, the front end just went away and would understeer from entry to exit. When I backed off and drove it smooth, it was near perfect, I still found braking a bit tricky as the front would load up fast and then slide on me. Well made car sir.

Thank you to everyone who turned in tunes for this challenge. Lots of great cars here, it was definitely a blast throwing around this latest american muscle at Indy.

Updated rankings.
Indy Road Lap Time
1 @Bowtie-muscle 1:31.842 +00.000
2 @coryclifford 1:31.916 +0.074
3 @Otaliema 1:31.921 +0.079
4 @shaunm80 1:32.241 +0.399
5 @xande1959 1:32.249 +0.407

Indy Road DC Score
1 @Bowtie-muscle 112.00
2 @shaunm80 106.00
3 @lBt_33 105.00
4 @Ale67 94.00
5 @coryclifford 91.00

Stingray '14 Indy Road
1:30.903; @Otaliema's tune Driven By OdeFinn
Most Consistent Lionheart2113 1.750
Fastest Average Lionheart2113 91.731

Stingray '14 Rank | Average Lap Points DC Rank | DC

@Otaliema 3 | 1:31.921 +00.079 9.991 9 | 69.00
@xande1959 5 | 1:32.249 +00.407 9.956 10 | 63.00
@Bowtie-muscle 1 | 1:31.842 +00.000 10.000 1 | 112.00
@shaunm80 4 | 1:32.241 +00.399 9.957 2 | 106.00
@coryclifford 2 | 1:31.916 +00.074 9.992 5 | 91.00
@Ridox2JZGTE 12 | 1:33.447 +01.605 9.828 11 | 49.00
@OdeFinn 13 | 1:33.711 +01.869 9.801 13 | 31.00
@lBt_33 7 | 1:32.392 +00.550 9.940 3 | 105.00
@Antares26 8 | 1:32.395 +00.553 9.940 6 | 84.00
@sinof1337 10 | 1:33.009 +01.167 9.874 7 | 75.00
@Lionheart2113 6 | 1:32.291 +00.449 9.951 8 | 72.00
@Ale67 9 | 1:32.519 +00.677 9.927 4 | 94.00
@TheInfamousJEW6 11 | 1:33.232 +01.390 9.851 12 | 43.00

@Antares26 here is your tag for the post above sorry I didn't notice I typoed it. -_-

@Ridox2JZGTE
Lap Time;1:33.548 DC Rank; 12
Impressions and feedback;This car was a handful. It would push back if I pushed it. So had to back off and let the car do the work for me. Once I got the hang of it, this was a great car to drive. Smooth and consistent. I feel like I need to go see a chiropractor after driving it, every bump was translated through the wheel. Throttle control is of the utmost importance with this car it’s unforgiving if you smash the gas, lost more than one good lap in the hairpins because I got greedy. I think I would admire this car from the outside in real life, I wouldn’t want them to have to replace the body work :lol:

Smooth and consistent, every bump translated through the wheel : Awesome :D I understand the DC score, it requires throttle modulation on most corners :)

Talk about kidney crusher spring, my Mclaren F1 GTR JGTC build have lots more stiffer rate than the C7 :lol: and it was marvelous on SH :D

I'll take that! Thanks @Otaliema

Effecient tunes. 👍

With the 565 HP cap, I went looking for more torque to push the thing out of the slower corners.

So close to the top with the lap time, too. :crazy:
Ya gotta do transmissions for FITT challenges anymore, the suspension tunes are getting so close that the gearing is making the difference a lot of the time. That IS the reason my car is faster than yours. Mine is hard to drive yours is not. If my car was a smooth as your car r @Bowtie-muscle it would be running away with the challenge.

I hear ya on the cap. I went with largest max power band I could muster. I found being at a higher power for longer made up for the slower exit speeds as it gave me higher straight speeds.

All tunes tested at Indianapolis Road Course. Grip Set Real, ABS 1, TCS 0 SRF Off, Active steering Off. All cars received 5 laps of warm up and learning. 5 laps of hot lapping. Fastest Ghost loaded.
DC was very hard to decide in this challenge. So many cars were 8.5 to 9.5 cars in the old system. It came down to what would I take a online seasonal A spec race, is how I decided.

@shaunm80
Lap Time;1:32.362 DC Rank;2
Impressions and feedback; For a short period car, you did a fantastic job with it. A hint of understeer at entry is really the only thing that slowed this car down. Not sure if it was the camber or the LSD settings. Well balanced, smooth, consistent and easy to drive, all the hallmarks of your cars. Great job with the time you had sir. I would love to see you polish this one up to a nice shine.

Thank you for the review @Otaliema. I am glad that you enjoyed my tune and I may revisit this tune in the future to iron out the issues identified by others.

Extremely close lap times in the scoring sheet. Going to be a very interesting finish once all the remaining testers results are in.

I can do transmission stuff, I just don't. Flips, reverse flips, etc., not hard. Quick and easy is set power, look what RPM peak torque hits (garage menu specifies) and when HP falls off (settings menu). Go to Route X. Floor it and look where tach lands when shifting at redline. Move slider to get like, 3rd to land right on peak TQ. Go to spec'd track and set final for longest straight. Drive, and see if you have to shift one more time, real quick before braking. I hate that. Make minor adjustments. Good enough.

Talk about kidney crusher spring, my Mclaren F1 GTR JGTC build have lots more stiffer rate than the C7 :lol: and it was marvelous on SH :D
You must have a very good chiro that knows you very well ;) :lol:

@Otaliema thanks for testing, specially for additional extras.
No worries, I went into it with thinking no differences, I was excepting no result and I found the optisiset so I will be be digging into it later. Just gotta figure out how to set up a test that removes placebo and narcebo effects.

Extremely close lap times in the scoring sheet. Going to be a very interesting finish once all the remaining testers results are in.
Indeed, less then a tenth across the podium at the moment. This is going to come down to the last tester to turn in results.

I can do transmission stuff, I just don't. Flips, reverse flips, etc., not hard. Quick and easy is set power, look what RPM peak torque hits (garage menu specifies) and when HP falls off (settings menu). Go to Route X. Floor it and look where tach lands when shifting at redline. Move slider to get like, 3rd to land right on peak TQ. Go to spec'd track and set final for longest straight. Drive, and see if you have to shift one more time, real quick before braking. I hate that. Make minor adjustments. Good enough.
Yeah quick simple ones work well, fine tuned, hard accelerating ones are harder to build but work better ;)

3 left for me, will hopefully be finished tonight so no extension required, although the PS3 just double beeped at me and the red light is flashing!!
keep calm and don't get the universal persuasion tool. It wont work in this case.
if it still wont boot, unplug it. count to ten plug in it and try again.

Back