FITT Stingray (C7) Challenge. Congratulations To the podium finishers. See results for who won.

• Thread starter Otaliema
  • 408 comments
Yep, thanks for the review. 👍

I drove the Vette over 1000 miles on all kinds of tracks. Even the S Class SS tire events. Willow and Ascari I think they are. I liked it so submitted. Probably all that wheel time got me used to it.

I think the wheel is so different then the DS3, the tunes really don't simply carry over. To feel the car in the force feedback has become quite a telling sign of the cars for me.

:cheers:

I did not have a ton of time, but I gave a fair and honest go on this.
I did not want to test in the past, and actually almost a year ago I did do a testing privately for a FITT contest but never submitted my results. See, in another game, I was in a situation where I had to be a judge of sorts. There were around 20 people in that, people I had known (through the game) for years. When I posted my results on my website, I ended up with about 5 very happy people, about 10 disappointed people, and 5 friends that began to pull away from me, good relationships that turned into uncomfortable silences.
Now, I haven't gotten as close to anyone here as I was with ALL of those people, but I do have people I like and regularly interact with. I was unbiased in that judgment, I did what was asked and did it right and honestly. And it got me nothing but a feeling of regret for ever agreeing to do it.
I don't feel that way now, but that is why I was hesitant in the past to test. I just wanted to get that off my chest, lol, I feel better now. I trust everyone here is adult enough to take this all at face value; just a game.
Tuners and DC # result;
@Otaliema Tune Here ____#6
@xande1959 Tune Here ____#7
@Bowtie-muscle Tune Here ____#4
@shaunm80 Tune Here ____#1
@coryclifford Tune Here ____#3
@Ridox2JZGTE Tune Here ____#8
@OdeFinn Tune Here ____#5
@lBt_33 Tune Here ____#2
@Antares26 Tune Here ____#10
@sinof1337 Tune Here ____#12
@Lionheart2113 Tune Here ____#9
@Ale67 Tune Here ____#11
@TheInfamousJEW6 Tune here ____#13

Now, thats the order in which I enjoyed the drive of each, but honestly 8-13 would have been a tie in any other scoring method. I really liked every tune I tested.

@Otaliema
Lap Time; 1:34:014 DC Rank; *6
Impressions and feedback; great mid and high speed handling. I had some slight control issues at lower speeds, specifically 2nd gear speeds. Great Braking controls.

@xande1959
Lap Time; 1:32:667 DC Rank; *7
Impressions and feedback; a little jumpy mid turn on throttle, but the tune is very fast and stable. Dependable.

@Bowtie-muscle
Lap Time; 1:33:257 DC Rank; *4
Impressions and feedback; very responsive tune. Good braking. Didn't really have anything outstanding that wasn't fixable in the drive. Good tune.

@shaunm80
Lap Time; 1:32:680 DC Rank; *1
Impressions and feedback; you must drive a lot like I do is all I have to say. Weather that is good or bad I don't know, lol, but great handling and good response. Very slight off-throttle understeer, but not enough to lose time over it. Good brake response as well.

@coryclifford
Lap Time; 1:32:222 DC Rank; *3
Impressions and feedback; you're driving style is very different then mine. This car has the best maneuvering ability however, and resulted in good lap times. Fun ride.

@Ridox2JZGTE
Lap Time; 1:34:301. DC Rank; *8
Impressions and feedback; a bit stiff, but responsive. Good Braking. Good turn in low and high, jumpy on mid speed. Can get decent times.

@OdeFinn
Lap Time; 1:34:645 DC Rank; *5
Impressions and feedback; has a good apex-exit response. A little off-throttle steering issue's but I liked the on-throttle recovery.

@lBt_33
Lap Time; 1:33:943 DC Rank; *2
Impressions and feedback; great response off and on throttle. A little jumpy coming out of corners but it had a positive responce on the lap times, never got out of control. Fast tune.

@Antares26
Lap Time; 1:34:430 DC Rank; *10
Impressions and feedback; was tight and odd in some areas while driving, but not so much that you would lose time over it. Different style of driving then I am used to, but responsive and decent tune.

@sinof1337
Lap Time; 1:35.270 DC Rank; *12
Impressions and feedback; great high speed handling. The brakes weren't as effective as they could have been, but I didn't have too many problems other then that.

@Lionheart2113
Lap Time; 1:33:968. DC Rank; *9
Impressions and feedback; a small amount of control issue when 1st coming back on throttle, but quickly corrects after that. Good Braking. Good turn in.

@Ale67
Lap Time; 1:34:164. DC Rank; *11
Impressions and feedback; a little oversteer in some speeds and angles, but very speedy ride. Good brake response. Rear slides a bit when pushing it but I like that in a tune anyway, lol.

@TheInfamousJEW6
Lap Time; 1:35:508 DC Rank; *13
Impressions and feedback; better low and mid speed handling then high speed. Can lose mph while on high speed corners from steering (thats obvious, lol, I mean, more then normal) did have good low and mid cornering responce. I would have gone with a higher braking LSD, rather then stronger front brake setting, but it was not horrible or anything like that.

@shaunm80
Lap Time; 1:32:680 DC Rank; *1
Impressions and feedback; you must drive a lot like I do is all I have to say. Weather that is good or bad I don't know, lol, but great handling and good response. Very slight off-throttle understeer, but not enough to lose time over it. Good brake response as well.
I guess we must have a similar driving style which is a good thing on this occasion. :) Thank you for the review and I am very pleased with the time and DC. Great job testing by the way. really consistent times!

Stingray (C7) Challenge Reviews:

First let me say this is the hardest DC score I have ever had to decide, many cars would have been tied for a higher spot in the old system so I had to try and eliminate time and go with feel and my gut. Still not sure I would not change if I thought it over more, so I had better type fast.

All cars were given roughly 10 laps each with a few getting 2 or 3 extra due to red laps. Each car was painted with color listed, or the closest I could come up with. Rims and wings were exactly as listed, and front aero choice as well. This meant I was changing after every run, and a few times I had to restart the test on car because I forgot to adjust proper downforce (rough getting old:ouch:)

My method of driving is normally smooth and easy, easy in with throttle control through and on exit. I'm not a masher, or kamikaze driver.

@Otaliema
Lap Time 1:31.211; DC Rank 8;
Impressions and feedback; Soft but fast, picky on how it likes to be driven and a little loose if pushed. I did manage to find a really quick lap that stayed on top until the final car (my own). I was consistent for most of the track but a few turns were up and down, a touch more stability would have scored better DC, but would have hurt time, you made the right call in my opinion.

@xande1959
Lap Time 1:31.836; DC Rank 11;
Impressions and feedback; Too much understeer when getting on the oval, I had to have perfect turn in on the final corner or it would push to the wall. Gearing could have been a touch longer for my liking. That said, it was for the most part good in the infield section with just a touch of understeer. Hard to be consistent, moving ballast position rearward might help.

@Bowtie-muscle
Lap Time 1:31.184; DC Rank 4;
Impressions and feedback; Would have been real easy to say this was my favorite as it never surprised me. Did what I wanted and I knew the proper line. But getting that best lap was late in the run though I was consistently up on the ghost. But lost it in the long left hander before the back straight. Fastest lap was up .3 and could have gone under 1:30. But I did enjoy some of the others.

@shaunm80
Lap Time 1:31.569; DC Rank 5;
Impressions and feedback; Had you had more time, it could have been slightly more polished. Minor off throttle understeer and some on throttle over steer, but completely manageable. Close to how my own tune felt and a mirror to @Antares26 , both felt the same for me and were close on time as well.

@coryclifford
Lap Time 1:31.624; DC Rank 7;
Impressions and feedback; Close to stock here, and it mostly worked. It did fit my style though it did lack something. Perhaps it was the body roll or the time it took to hit that fast lap. That said, this tune did have the most potential for a better lap time, but I would then have to add more to everyone else's. Not sure that 7 is the correct ranking, and the hardest for me to decide, perhaps........... nope, best left unsaid. Nice job.

@Ridox2JZGTE
Lap Time 1:33.356; DC Rank 13;
Impressions and feedback; Too much spring stiffness for more me. It did feel under powered just a tad but that could be the gearing. Camber and LSD did not hurt, just the springs. Never really got comfortable or found the best line to suit my driving.

@OdeFinn
Lap Time 1:33.245; DC Rank 12;
Impressions and feedback; Not as bad as the ranking or time would suggest. No Flat floor hurt braking and finding the right zone took some time. My problem was that this tune needed a ton of attention and smoothness. Precise inputs and you could go fast. My issue was putting together a full lap. I would have one going and then miss a braking zone, or give it just a touch too much throttle. Other laps started bad and were great until the finish. Likely could have dropped into the mid 1:32 range if I got it together. I gave this tune a second session thinking I might have been off when originally tested, but the results were the same.

@lBt_33
Lap Time 1:31.418; DC Rank 3;
Impressions and feedback; I really enjoyed driving this one, great tune. Mid to high speed corners were great, low speed corners did have some off throttle understeer. It also seemed like getting into 7th gear was late, although the time says it did no much matter. Great job.

@Antares26
Lap Time 1:31.592; DC Rank 6;
Impressions and feedback; Felt just like shaun's when driving, and close to mine. Had to restart as I found it slow on the main straight and underpowered until I realized that I had forgotten to lower the stock downforce. Note: at 15 it handles the infield better but overall lap time was .2 slower.

@sinof1337
Lap Time 1:31.961; DC Rank 1;
Impressions and feedback; This was the most fun, though not necessarily the easiest to drive. I had to change my style to more of a KAMIKAZE pilot, sliding into corners and trusting it to hold. Flat floor being added would have really brought this closer to the top tunes. Thanks for the thrill ride.

@Lionheart2113
Lap Time 1:31.427; DC Rank 9;
Impressions and feedback; Another tough DC choice, but this is where it fell. The rear does most of the work for you, controlling it makes you fast. But I felt like a boxer, bobbing and weaving with all the rear end up and down movement. Easily one of the fastest tunes in the bunch, but mid corner had to be right or you paid the price.

@Ale67
Lap Time 1:31.493; DC Rank 2;
Impressions and feedback; Best looking car in the field, never thought to paint the rims (or install) orange :dunce:. Found it softer than I prefer but it allowed me to push a little harder. Managed many laps consistently in the .6-.7 range before coming up with a .4 lap. Each lap had the feeling of being faster than what the final lap time said. More laps and it could have been even faster. Great job.

@TheInfamousJEW6
Lap Time 1:32.359; DC Rank 10;
Impressions and feedback; This was a great tune with loads of grip, but I lost too many laps finding the the sweet spot on the brakes. Another that is better than the DC would dictate. I did find about half way through, that I was able to make time early shifting on exit through some of the corners. 1 smooth corner away from being under 1:31.

Last edited:
@Ridox2JZGTE
Lap Time 1:33.356; DC Rank 13;
Impressions and feedback; Too much spring stiffness for more me. It did feel under powered just a tad but that could be the gearing. Camber and LSD did not hurt, just the springs. Never really got comfortable or found the best line to suit my driving.

:nervous: 13, too bad the car did not do well in you hands, about the stiffness of the spring, its surprising that I still feel it should have been stiffer.

Stingray (C7) Challenge Reviews:

First let me say this is the hardest DC score I have ever had to decide, many cars would have been tied for a higher spot in the old system so I had to try and eliminate time and go with feel and my gut. Still not sure I would not change if I thought it over more, so I had better type fast.

All cars were given roughly 10 laps each with a few getting 2 or 3 extra due to red laps. Each car was painted with color listed, or the closest I could come up with. Rims and wings were exactly as listed, and front aero choice as well. This meant I was changing after every run, and a few times I had to restart the test on car because I forgot to adjust proper downforce (rough getting old:ouch:)

My method of driving is normally smooth and easy, easy in with throttle control through and on exit. I'm not a masher, or kamikaze driver.

@shaunm80
Lap Time 1:31.569; DC Rank 5;
Impressions and feedback; Had you had more time, it could have been slightly more polished. Minor off throttle understeer and some on throttle over steer, but completely manageable. Close to how my own tune felt and a mirror to @Antares26 , both felt the same for me and were close on time as well.
Thanks for the review. Completely agree with your assessment of my tune. I could have polished it more with more time but I did a good job with the time I had. Very consistent times and thanks for putting the time into testing. :)

:nervous: 13, too bad the car did not do well in you hands, about the stiffness of the spring, its surprising that I still feel it should have been stiffer.
Maybe on another track, but on this one I struggled with it. Didn't help it was the first one tested after finishing off my own. Better than what I got out of it, but not in my hands on that day. Someone had to be lucky 13, and yours was last on the list, sorry.

Thanks for the review. Completely agree with your assessment of my tune. I could have polished it more with more time but I did a good job with the time I had. Very consistent times and thanks for putting the time into testing. :)
Good tune, minor adjustments would have helped.

@lBt_33
Lap Time 1:31.418; DC Rank 3;
Impressions and feedback; I really enjoyed driving this one, great tune. Mid to high speed corners were great, low speed corners did have some off throttle understeer. It also seemed like getting into 7th gear was late, although the time says it did no much matter. Great job.

Thanks for the review bowtie, glad you liked it ! I agree with you on the understeer at low speed corner, I tried to eliminate it the most possible. For the 7, I do upshift at the apex of the banked turn, it seems to use the high torque of the supercharger in the mid-range RPM and accelerate a little more :D

@OdeFinn
Lap Time 1:33.245; DC Rank 12;
Impressions and feedback; Not as bad as the ranking or time would suggest. Flat floor helped improve braking and finding the right zone took some time. My problem was that this tune needed a ton of attention and smoothness. Precise inputs and you could go fast. My issue was putting together a full lap. I would have one going and then miss a braking zone, or give it just a touch too much throttle. Other laps started bad and were great until the finish. Likely could have dropped into the mid 1:32 range if I got it together. I gave this tune a second session thinking I might have been off when originally tested, but the results were the same.
My English to Finnish translation may fail, but did you use flat floor? There shouldn't be flat floor installed. Yes still words corresponding behavior, stone hard brakes.. :cool:

My English to Finnish translation may fail, but did you use flat floor? There shouldn't be flat floor installed. Yes still words corresponding behavior, stone hard brakes.. :cool:
No flat floor, with it I could have found better braking.

Edit: Fixed review, typing error. I did not use flat floor even though I mistakenly type that.

I have finished testing after an all day rain on Saturday as well as earlier today...:)

This is going to be very hard to rank the DC...a couple of tuners that I usually LOVE were a tough gig this time out and a tuner that I have struggled with in the past coming out on top with both lap time and DC. I haven't touched my racing rig in several weeks but I think this break has helped me slow down a bit in my approach to this event.

I will sleep on my thoughts tonight and publish late in the day tomorrow...

:cheers:

So I finally got the scoring sheet made, and input the lap times and DC scores from all submitted reviews.
I will list below the top 5 for lap time and DC score for each tester. With a full current standings at the end.
@OdeFinn results input ranking after the first round.
Indy Road Lap Time
1 @Otaliema 1:30.903 +00.000
2 @Bowtie-muscle 1:31.250 +00.347
3 @OdeFinn 1:31.380 +00.477
4 @xande1959 1:31.448 +00.545
5 @sinof1337 1:31.638 +00.735
Indy Road DC Score
1 @lBt_33 25.00
2 @Bowtie-muscle 20.00
3 @Antares26 18.00
4 @Ridox2JZGTE 15.00
5 @shaunm80 12.00
Stingray '14 Indy Road
1:30.903; @Otaliema's tune Driven By OdeFinn
Most Consistent OdeFinn 1.952
Fastest Average OdeFinn 91.748

@shaunm80 results input resulting rankings
Indy Road Lap Time
1 @Bowtie-muscle 1:31.639 +00.000
2 @Otaliema 1:31.983 +00.344
3 @coryclifford 1:32.218 +00.578
4 @Antares26 1:32.220 +00.581
5 @shaunm80 1:32.345 +00.706
Indy Road DC Score
1 @Bowtie-muscle 40.00
2 @shaunm80 37.00
3 @Antares26 36.00
4 @lBt_33 30.00
5 @Ridox2JZGTE 21.00
Stingray '14 Indy Road
Most Consistent OdeFinn 1.952
Fastest Average OdeFinn 91.748

@Lionheart2113 results input updated rankings
Indy Road Lap Time
1 @Bowtie-muscle 1:31.546 +00.000
2 @Otaliema 1:31.787 +00.241
3 @coryclifford 1:31.937 +00.391
4 @Lionheart2113 1:32.038 +00.492
5 @Antares26 1:32.072 +00.526
Indy Road DC Score
1 @Bowtie-muscle 50.00
2 Tie Tie
3 @Ale67 46.00
4 @shaunm80 42.00
5 Tie Tie
Stingray '14 Indy Road
Most Consistent Lionheart2113 1.750
Fastest Average Lionheart2113 91.731

@demonchilde resutls input updated rankings
Indy Road Lap Time
1 @Bowtie-muscle 1:31.974 +00.000
2 @coryclifford 1:32.008 +00.034
3 @xande1959 1:32.226 +00.252
4 @Otaliema 1:32.344 +00.370
5 @shaunm80 1:32.353 +00.379
Indy Road DC Score
1 @lBt_33 70.00
2 @shaunm80 67.00
3 @Bowtie-muscle 65.00
4 @Ale67 51.00
5 @Antares26 48.00
Stingray '14 Indy Road

@Bowtie-muscle results input updated rankings
Indy Road Lap Time
1 @Bowtie-muscle 1:31.816 +00.000
2 @coryclifford 1:31.931 +00.115
3 @Otaliema 1:32.117 +00.302
4 @xande1959 1:32.148 +00.332
5 @shaunm80 1:32.196 +00.381
Indy Road DC Score
1 @lBt_33 88.00
2 @Bowtie-muscle 80.00
3 @shaunm80 79.00
4 @Ale67 71.00
5 @Antares26 58.00
Stingray '14 Indy Road

Full field standings.
Stingray '14 Rank | Average Lap Points DC Rank | DC points
@Otaliema 3 | 1:32.117 +00.302 9.967 9 | 42.00
@xande1959 4 | 1:32.148 +00.332 9.964 10 | 38.00
@Bowtie-muscle 1 | 1:31.816 +00.000 10.000 2 | 80.00
@shaunm80 5 | 1:32.196 +00.381 9.959 3 | 79.00
@coryclifford 2 | 1:31.931 +00.115 9.987 7 | 54.00
@Ridox2JZGTE 12 | 1:33.485 +01.669 9.821 11 | 36.00
@OdeFinn 13 | 1:33.550 +01.735 9.815 13 | 25.00
@lBt_33 9 | 1:32.536 +00.720 9.922 1 | 88.00
@Antares26 8 | 1:32.448 +00.632 9.932 5 | 58.00
@sinof1337 10 | 1:33.099 +01.284 9.862 6 | 55.00
@Lionheart2113 6 | 1:32.302 +00.486 9.947 8 | 51.00
@Ale67 7 | 1:32.418 +00.603 9.935 4 | 71.00
@TheInfamousJEW6 11 | 1:33.291 +01.476 9.842 12 | 33.00

Edit:Corrected speeling;) of @shaunm80 name on the sheet and in this post sorry sir. my dyslexia always gets me on your name sir.

Last edited:
@Otaliema
Lap Time; 1:34:014 DC Rank; *6
Impressions and feedback; great mid and high speed handling. I had some slight control issues at lower speeds, specifically 2nd gear speeds. Great Braking controls.
Thank for the surprise testing and reviews sir. I hope this is the first of many reviews sir 👍
I see you got along well with my car, I do admit in low speed it was a bit touchy, off throttle was the key brake it in, coast it through.

@Otaliema
Lap Time 1:31.211; DC Rank 8;
Impressions and feedback; Soft but fast, picky on how it likes to be driven and a little loose if pushed. I did manage to find a really quick lap that stayed on top until the final car (my own). I was consistent for most of the track but a few turns were up and down, a touch more stability would have scored better DC, but would have hurt time, you made the right call in my opinion.
Yep that sounds about right, his way or the wall for you! well not that bad but :lol: Thank you for the time and effort sir.

Notes to those that have testing I've seen a few lap time discrepancy's and I may send out a few retest requests I will have to see how the next few results look, if the tunes are still out of pattern I will send a PM to the testers with tunes to be retested. it's only a few cars. I understand that not all cars fit with all drivers, just these lap times are out of pattern by a couple of seconds.

My DC rank flop hard with the last 2 testers results :lol:

Blame the drive styles, lol. I am generally a very 'loose' tuner and driver myself, and although I tried to ignore that as much as possible, it's going to leak into the testing one way or another.
Thats why there needs to be as many testers as possible, to average the drive styles out and get more even results. And you still came up near the middle on mine despite that, lol.
Just like I always say, " blame it on the good-for-nothing testers" ^^ 💡

Blame the drive styles, lol. I am generally a very 'loose' tuner and driver myself, and although I tried to ignore that as much as possible, it's going to leak into the testing one way or another.
Thats why there needs to be as many testers as possible, to average the drive styles out and get more even results. And you still came up near the middle on mine despite that, lol.
Just like I always say, " blame it on the good-for-nothing testers" ^^ 💡
Lap time is one thing, I look at how I enjoyed and adapted to the tune for DC. Take @Lionheart2113 for instance, that thing was fast but not easy to get the most out of it. 5 more laps and I could have conceivably gotten lower, but as it was the last lap was the fastest. Putting him 9th was hard but that's how my scoring went. If I had to redo my review this morning, there would be moving up and down. This one has really hard choices that had to be made.

I had to put a lap limit while testing as well. Not only for best results but also so it wouldn't take 1/2 a day to test, lol.
I did best of 6 laps with each car. And I took a 2 hour break in the middle, to get un-used-to the track. If I didn't I garuntee the last 5 tested would have been the top 5 ranked or close to it.

I went back to Sierra during my break. I have gold/gold/gold/silver at Sierra time rally, and its been like that for months. I can't seem to hit gold on that NISMO at all. Gold is 1,200,000, and my current record is 1,120,340. Frustrating as hell.

But that was perfect, because going back, my top 5 ended up being mixed between those tested before and after my break. So thats a little advice I would pass on to those who haven't tested yet. Take a break, lol.

I put 10 laps on each tune and had an hour break in between sessions by playing RPG vs Insurgents on GTA 5 online. That helped keep my concentration when trying to understand what each tuner had given me to drive.

Back