Flashing Headlights & AI

  • Thread starter Thread starter sebase74
  • 18 comments
  • 2,627 views
Messages
88
Messages
sssebastiannn
It's just a little tip, but at the AMG Driving School Events (full lap) the AI will move aside when you flash them.
 
LOL, could have used that info BEFORE I already finished it! :p
 
They do that without flashing too, they are programmed to do that.
 
Followed by a middle finger ?

Sorry, couldn't resist.
I still have to do that event, no harm in trying.
 
I noticed this its quite cool.
 
I didn't find that flashing the lights made any difference, some of them just move over by themselves.

The two driving together like to box you in at the carosel though. GRR.
 
Some move over by themselves. Others just get in the way. I ran into the two cars on the carousel as well, ended up kind of drifting round the bottom of the corner.
 
All the AI cars move off the driving line as you approach them, some to the left, others to the right, depending on where the driving line runs. ie they won't run off the edge of the track to the right if the driving line is along the right hand edge of the track :D
 
damn! i didnt know that and i've done the AMG events twice lol :ouch:

guess i will have to try this out.
 
it says in the description that slower cars stick to the right to let fast cars pass. So they move over anyway, don't know if flashing the lights will make them move any faster, doubt it though. :)
 
They do that without flashing too, they are programmed to do that.

That's funny, I could have sworn they were programmed to drive right in my racing line :)

But yeah, I wish I knew that before I spent hours golding everything. I thought there must have been some reason for modelling high and low beam
 
WOA. I'll try it. those damn cars added like 5 seconds to my time
 
it says in the description that slower cars stick to the right to let fast cars pass. So they move over anyway, don't know if flashing the lights will make them move any faster, doubt it though. :)

Indeed, that challenge is meant to be set up like a real driving day at the ring, and all of those slower cars are meant to go to the right like the real rule at the ring. Just watch any video from a real day at the ring, they always overtake on the left.
 
Followed by a middle finger ?

LOL.
I haven't try that but try 'horning' them.
From what i've try on A-Spec races. It work a bit.
They just move aside a little...
 
I'm still not sure if the AI reacting to my horn and lights is all in my head...

Makes me feel better when it "works" though :p
 
Definitely in your head! I was flashing like a madman the first few times I did the challenge, yet instead of getting out of my way they just decided to race each other side by side... 👎

Hope that isn't ever misquoted!
 
it says in the description that slower cars stick to the right to let fast cars pass. So they move over anyway, don't know if flashing the lights will make them move any faster, doubt it though. :)
Indeed, that challenge is meant to be set up like a real driving day at the ring, and all of those slower cars are meant to go to the right like the real rule at the ring. Just watch any video from a real day at the ring, they always overtake on the left.

Both correct 👍

It is set up like this because, as Simon said, the event is supposed to simulate a normal 'public day' on the Nordschleife. The Nordschliefe (90% of the time) is not classed as a racetrack, it is classed as a 'one-way, de-restricted toll road' meaning that normal rules of the road apply (albeit without speed limits, hence the 'de-restricted') and therefore, since Germany is Left Hand Drive, if you see a car catching you, move to the right and allow them to overtake on the left. :)
 
Back