Flight Simulator

• Thread starter PzR Slim
  • 956 comments
There's a giant laundry of stuff missing from Hong Kong.

Is it all licensing? I think the dev is a French company so they seemed AFAIK to get most of the French stuff correct.

Watched a Youtube video of someone flying from Edinburgh to Dundee and was sorely disappointed by the lack of Forth Bridges. There should be 3 massive bridges crossing that stretch of water, including one of the world's most iconic bridges. For there to be nothing there is just ridiculous.

View attachment 982269

I have a mod for that and they look pretty good, also my vr headset is getting delivered on Monday so I’m rather excited about that! :cheers:
25E44FCF-CAC0-405C-9A37-0C6863A343F2.jpeg
B49D0B4F-03BD-4BB3-9235-707039BD1C6F.jpeg
A65177F8-841D-4B29-8633-8B8D09E09501.jpeg

Last edited:
Microsoft are idiots not getting this put on their console. No wonder they lag behind playstation in sales.

Flight Sim is a niche title, at it's peak it only had 61,755 players on Steam and it's peak over the last 24 hours has been 8,656 (not sure what the numbers are for the Windows Store version, but based on the fact it only has 430 views seems to indicate a vast majority used Steam to purchase it). The console port is a pet project that might shift a few consoles, but nothing that will make a dent in Sony's lead.

Plus, releasing a version of the game that is either stripped down or buggy as hell would be far more damaging than taking their time and releasing a game comparable to the PC version.

Last edited:
FlyByWire's A320 mode (freeware) is just amazing, if it keeps improving at the rate it is then I'll be seriously reconsidering whether to get PMDG's 737 when it finally releases sometime this year. Still loving the Longitude and the Grand Caravan though, doing most of my flying in those or the 'Bus.

Flamborough.jpg
Ibiza.jpg
Kiruna.jpg
KirunaLate.jpg
LA.jpg
Lukla.jpg

Last edited:
Seeing lots of cool photos, also what’s missing, how are you guys finding this game ? Are the missions any good ? Is the game fun ? Are you enjoying it ? Iam eagerly anticipating the series x release in the summer but iam struggling to find reviews from many people.

Last edited:
i am struggling to find reviews from many people.

They're all too busy! :D

1250410_20210130195425_1.png

The landing challenges and bush missions are good, there have been lots of improvements to the core sim too, and there's lots of free fan content for extra missions and the like. There are some good paid addons too but I've only bought one thing so far, that's the Aermacchi 339 (not pictured)

I'm not sure how it'll perform on XBox but PCs seem to need to be pretty powerful to handle the scenery stream.

Got a new PC last week, so...

_20210221_155703.JPG

Got the disc version as my home internet sucks. I have an EE mobile router which will allow me to play, but it has a data cap.

From the quick flight I've had so far, I am absolutely amazed.

Last edited:
Got a new PC last week, so...

View attachment 993227

Got the disc version as my home internet sucks. I have an EE mobile router which will allow me to play, but it has a data cap.

From the quick flight I've had so far, I am absolutely amazed.

You’re going to love it, my PS4 has been turned on once since last September when I bought this, I’m absolutely addicted to it

Guess I’m the only one spamming this thread :D but hey, what the hell when you’re constantly discovering new stunning scenery every day it’s hard not to be amazed at what this sim looks like...I present to you, Outer Skerries in Shetland, quite nice at sunset ( just a shame it’s not full resolution on here)
35DDA5C6-B814-4385-BAD1-0BE8FFB80500.jpeg
A6A0FE24-805D-4607-A16E-B32658653848.jpeg
275431F5-77EE-4BD7-98D2-EAE87C0C2DA7.jpeg
6DC3D533-7815-4122-9728-1F08A1CD93A8.jpeg

Guess I’m the only one spamming this thread :D but hey, what the hell when you’re constantly discovering new stunning scenery every day it’s hard not to be amazed at what this sim looks like...I present to you, Outer Skerries in Shetland, quite nice at sunset ( just a shame it’s not full resolution on here)

I'll be buying a PC in the near future, and it's this I'll be buying it for, and pics like this are largely what's got me sold. There's plenty of world I can't wait to blast over! Really curious how they did with my little neck o' the woods.

I'll be buying a PC in the near future, and it's this I'll be buying it for, and pics like this are largely what's got me sold. There's plenty of world I can't wait to blast over! Really curious how they did with my little neck o' the woods.

Bought my first ever PC just for this and so glad I did, it’s simply breathtaking and the fact you can fly anywhere on the planet is mind boggling, some amazing third party aircraft have been released already with tons more in development too.. the F-15 in VR is rather addictive :lol:

What kind of game is it. Is there lots to do?

Would be cool if it was like gran turismo with loads of challenges to build up your bank balance and collect planes etc

Last edited:
What kind of game is it. Is there lots to do?

Would be cool if it was like gran turismo with loads of challenges to build up your bank balance and collect planes etc

not really a game to be honest, it’s a flight simulator so not sure it’ll be right for you

Nah im buying it regardless looks gorgeous and will be fun to explore but apart from flying does it have things to do and a career?

Nah im buying it regardless looks gorgeous and will be fun to explore but apart from flying does it have things to do and a career?

There are plenty of community addons (and as many paid ones) that will let you simulate a career. Some of the bushflying ones are apparently quite good, especially now real VFR is a thing. FS has always been about providing a world platform and letting other people do the addons, this one's no different.

Haha, yeah..that’s only going to end in disaster :lol: how you finding the MB-339 ? I absolutely adore it

Love it, but I'm finding VOR acquisition a bit flaky at times. Tried it in VR and its a blast, even on my notchy specs.

Last edited:
Out Skerries "airport" is a bit tricky for a novice like me, when you're trying to land at dusk in a plane (TBM 930) that's slightly too fast for the grass strip.

I'm not a huge fan of that plane, it has better everything than the Caravan but I find it a sod to land on strips like the one you describe. Nice and fast in a climb though!

I'm not a huge fan of that plane, it has better everything than the Caravan but I find it a sod to land on strips like the one you describe. Nice and fast in a climb though!
I'm not that keen on it either but I found a Loganair livery for it so have to go for the tartan.

One of the best places to take off from is RAF Valley in north Wales ( biased as it’s my local airbase) :D if you depart from runway 13 and just fly arrow straight from it then it takes you right towards Snowdon which is epic to fly over in VR on my way to the Mach Loop 👍

Back