• 956 comments
20230215235608_1.jpg
20230215231610_1.jpg
20230215231819_1.jpg
20230215231635_1.jpg
20230215221713_1.jpg
20230215222751_1.jpg
20230215222924_1.jpg

I just hope it works properly on console without Crashes and stuttering. I think its good they are starting again because the game is still a bit of a mess on console

Ouch, the fire scene stressed me out a little bit, with most of my family being currently affected by the fires in Quebec. Game looks absolutely awesome though, can't wait.

Last edited:
FAQ:

Will Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 be a completely standalone sequel, or will it also be offered as a paid update for existing players?

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 is a standalone simulator and the next-generation sequel to Microsoft Flight Simulator that launched in 2020. Current aircraft and airports that are in Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020), as well as virtually all Marketplace add-ons, will be supported in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024.

What kind of support can Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) players expect to see once Flight Simulator 2024 has been released?

We will continue to deliver our Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) Roadmap which has content ranging from Aircraft and Avionics Updates, Sim Updates, City and World Updates, and also the free Dune DLC. We will continue to support Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) post the Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 launch.

Will all purchases users have made from the Marketplace be transferrable to the new simulator?

With very few exceptions, virtually all add-ons that work in Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) today will function in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024. Add-ons that were purchased from the in-simulator Marketplace will not need to be re-purchased in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024.

I hope @Pearl Jam doesn't have any plans for 2024... :lol:

Looks cool as hell, i wonder if the physics are pretty advanced and you feel well the weight and movement when having a heavy load under a helo., and wind.
And in a plane when its loaded with heavy equipment.

I saw some real life videos of how a helo creates a vortex after passing an area, especially low near to the ground, and a small plane passes in the same path even almost a minute after, and loses control and crashes from it.
Im guessing that's a bit much to expect from the game though..

Too bad not much flying sims and other machine sims on console, ps5, ps4 for me.
I miss il2 sturmovik, helo sims, even Silent hunter 3 for uboats, was so good. Still have the disk for pc.
I do prefer mix some action though, like military machine sims.

At least that new ms flight sim seems to have different actions/challenges to do, that's fun.
The pics above are they from console version? Planes look damn good.
And can it run 60fps on console?

Last edited:
I haven't played this for some time after ditching Game Pass but much as I enjoyed it I do remember the frame rate being pretty stuttery on my XSX, especially when flying close to the ground. I found that kinda disappointing. Maybe it's improved in the year or so since I played it. I'm kinda interested in actually buying it given I think it's currently on sale although the sheer amount of HDD space it uses is off-putting.

Last edited:
I haven't played this for some time after ditching Game Pass but much as I enjoyed it I do remember the frame rate being pretty stuttery on my XSX, especially when flying close to the ground. I found that kinda disappointing. Maybe it's improved in the year or so since I played it. I'm kinda interested in actually buying it given I think it's currently on sale although the sheer amount of HDD space it uses is off-putting.
I see, maybe this new sim will be better optimized for console, hopefully.
Im guessing it uses a lot to install yeah, with the whole maps.

It’s pushing 150GB with the offline maps I think, you get the option to download the worlds offline or play it just online so it kinda streams the landscapes as you go. But I remember that being quite glitchy.

OK, the V-22 Osprey in VR is astonishing.. cannot even begin to describe the immersion and a shame videos don't give the same sensation to viewers, anyhoos a short hop visiting some footy grounds; a couple in scouseland, Old Trafford and then finally 115 charges

Last edited:
Back