Flight Simulator

• Thread starter PzR Slim
  • 956 comments
A question for the PC guys.
I folded and built a gaming PC mainly to get full use out of my Fanatec gear compared to the series X and thought may as well install Flight Simulator also.
I've only just had a quick look and it looks great but with all the graphics settings I was wondering what to push and what to look out for that gives the biggest performance hit.

Can anyone give a few tips on where to start?

The PC has a i7 127000k and a RTX 3070 which I run through my 4k 60hz OLED tv in the lounge if that helps at all.
Not sure of your system compared to my AMD set up but the setting that most helped me was locking it at 30fps..that way I was able to put most of my settings to Ultra and it’s perfect for me.
no need to go chasing frame rates for a flight simulator, it’s simply not needed

Downloaded a pretty big update on Series X just now. First impressions are good. Seems more stable and performance is improved.
That was World Update X, I believe:

Also, a behind the scenes video (time-stamped to 1:12:58) from Xbox Games Showcase Extended:

That was World Update X, I believe:

Also, a behind the scenes video (time-stamped to 1:12:58) from Xbox Games Showcase Extended:

World update is a separate download from the in-game marketplace. That´s also fire btw.
But there also was a patch. Can´t find any patchnotes weirdly.

The camera can move freely inside the Daher again - yay!

Did a flight in the Airbus from Boise to Denver, which was the first part of my trip to Disney World. Still need to get used to it, the landing was... rough...

Part 2 will be Denver to Orlando!

I've become a bit more interested in airliners recently and decided to spend a couple of euros on some liveries for the A320neo.

fnxAeVW.jpg

OcPf1yc.jpg

6NW7arW.jpg

h3YCAJP.jpg
jDGHkcM.jpg

UQxSOsp.jpg
xF6MwM6.jpg

03yW21j.jpg

By the way, I assume the game is now running OK for everyone on Xbox Series X?

Available November 11, 2022 the Microsoft Flight Simulator 40th Anniversary Edition will feature helicopters and gliders, the most requested enhancements from our community. This edition will also introduce another long-requested feature: a true-to-life airliner, the sophisticated Airbus A-310. We are also celebrating the storied past of the franchise and the beauty of aviation with six historically significant aircraft. These aircraft include the 1903 Wright Flyer, the Curtiss JN-4 Jenny from 1915, the beautiful Grumman G-21 A Goose, and the famous Hughes H-4 Hercules, also known as the Spruce Goose. In total, the 40th Anniversary Edition update will include 12 new aircraft, 12 heliports, 12 glider airports, 6 classic commercial airports, and 20 historic franchise missions, and will be free and included with Xbox Game Pass upon release.

Free update available today! To celebrate the return of gamescom, Microsoft Flight Simulator has released its first-ever City Update, featuring brand-new photogrammetry German cities: Hanover, Dortmund, Dusseldorf, Bonn, and Cologne. Simmers will even be able to spot the famous Koelnmesse, home to the gamescom show.

Quick update, on series x, the sim is running perfect, zero stutter, very smooth, graphics looking sharp again. Live weather and live traffic all active too, seems like the devs are finally on top of the game The game is is its best ever state currently. Loving it !
That's my experience as well.

Also, something about the light (and its interaction with the clouds) has changed as well and somehow it's now looking even more realistic.

Quick update, on series x, the sim is running perfect, zero stutter, very smooth, graphics looking sharp again. Live weather and live traffic all active too, seems like the devs are finally on top of the game The game is is its best ever state currently. Loving it !
I wish I could share your enthusiasm. I don't see much difference in the graphics. One of the major graphical problems is that the buildings in the cities seem to be incompletley built, or falling apart, or as if they have been hit by rocket fire. I did the "Discovery flight" in London and things were the same - even the giant construction cranes seeed to have been eroded by metal eating acid or something.

Of course they have trashed the game again on series x. It was looking stunning until the 40th anniversary update. Now the textues and graphics are crap again, massive pop in. Its like now we all know, with each update, something gets rolled back or breaks. Yet again the msfs forum is full of people complaining, so they don’t test the game before a release? And il come back again in a month or 2 to see if they fixed the game

Last edited:
Is the a310 completely broken right now or am I just not getting it.

Seems like the autopilot does whatever it wants.

Any experts here? yesterday trying the helicopters they handled good and i could fly them shown in large video, today, they are all out of control, i can`t do anything, as soon as in the air, they go out of control, small video box, im on pc using xbox controller, was great yesterday..what`s changed or an opton needs turning back on..thanks

Back