Floats Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.
The quality of your work has gotten stupidly good, amazingly brilliant!

I'd like to buy myself a serious camera since I've got the cash, but I'd doubt I'd ever shoot anything as remotely good as you guys.

The Kew set is so good I want to slap you. Seriously, amazing detail from that Minolta! 👍

:lol: Everyone's at the F1 this week! The exposure on all these are spot on. Especially the first three shots, you've managed to get some great detail out of the clouds and not blow out any of the shot at all. 👍 Personally I opt for a slightly more transparent watermark but at the end of the day, it's really not a huge issue.

Thanks Achilles 👍 I used Lightroom to pull back detail in the clouds using a combination on the recovery slider and exposure gradients, I'm really pleased with that method.

Mm. Incredible shots of some incredible machines. I could never even dream of seeing half of these cars, so I'm quite jealous. I especially like the garage shots, as it always adds some interest to the shot. And of course the F40 shot(s) are just ace.

I too would say the watermark could be more transparent. Just a tad. But it's there for a reason, and I agree it doesn't really matter.

Thanks Chris, you produce some killer statics! It's nice to know you like them.

Are these shot with the Minolta again? They are seriously seriously high quality, and super sharp. The DOF doesn't seem to fit the lens stats though so maybe I'm wrong....

Either way, I'd love to know your secrets! :P

Nah only the Ferrari 575 was shot using the Minolta 50mm prime, the kit lens is quite reasonable at f7.1. I don't really have any secrets either, a little bit of thought goes a fair way. For example shooting away from the sun in the morning then if that isn't the desired angle come back in the afternoon, it's probably impossible to get a bad exposure that way.

The quality of your work has gotten stupidly good, amazingly brilliant!

I'd like to buy myself a serious camera since I've got the cash, but I'd doubt I'd ever shoot anything as remotely good as you guys.

The Kew set is so good I want to slap you. Seriously, amazing detail from that Minolta! 👍

Thanks Bram. I don't know how competitive the camera market is in Norway but I would say stick to either Canon or Nikon for an entry level. While I bought the Sony much cheaper than either of those brands and get the same performance at this level your upgrade options are severely limited, trust me after a year or so shooting with a basic DSLR you will want better.

Thanks for all the comments everyone, I'll make that watermark slightly more transparent as it's definitely blocking some detail I would like people to see through them.

Last edited:
Wow, I thought they were all shot with the Minolta! Well, I'll try some of your tips out next time I'm shooting cars outdoors. 👍

Excellent shots, Floats. 👍 I particularly like the compo of the last one. :)

I agree with NLxAROSA, the composition of the last shot is great Tom. I also really dig the first shot as well.

Thanks guys! Went out biking today at one of my favourite places, took my camera along but hardly shot as I was having way too much fun on the bike :lol:

I really wish my camera had better ISO performance, I've never wanted a 5DMkII so badly in my life.

I really wish my camera had better ISO performance, I've never wanted a 5DMkII so badly in my life.

Or better yet, a 1D MK4? :lol: I dig the shots. The last one is the pick of the bunch for me. Probably due to the lighting. You should look at getting a speedlight and remote trigger. You could pop a light in a tree and as your subject hits the right location in the air, BAM!

All good 👍 really like tones in the leaves of the first one.

BTW you and your mates are loons, fi I tried anything like that I'd be eating through a straw for months :lol:

This one stands out for me 👍

4957659475_db9c4817f6.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back