Floats Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of my Latest Wallpapers

4542018092_90af3ee772_b.jpg

4562927357_6b278a7089_b.jpg

Not really had the chance to shoot much recently which is a shame.​

ah, first one is awesome, great study in composition!!

I love both shots. Minimalistic but very effective.

Thankyou very much Guys. It's quite a fun challenge actually trying to compose images for use as a desktop because you need to think about space for icons, will they be readable? Dock and Menubar locations if your on a Mac and possible taskbar locations and sizes on a PC. I really like making these images.

Love the wood wallpaper. đź‘Ť I like my backgrounds non-distracting, so minimalistic is the way to go. :)

Been reviewing my Donington Photos in preparation for the Silverstone Classic and I came across some photos I didn't edit first time round but actually really like now.

4602545836_c5e2fdcffc_b.jpg

4601933579_2a9b07b6fb_b.jpg

4602549376_cc39faf9bb_b.jpg

They are all spot on, the exposure is perfect but the shutter speed has also been kept at the right setting to capture the speed of the cars perfectly too. I wish I was as good as you at panning like that!

What was the shutter speed on those Sweetshop? Last time I tried doing a slower shutter speed, was much too bright and I had to shut down to f/22 and slightly over expose... neutral density filters to the rescue?

They are all spot on, the exposure is perfect but the shutter speed has also been kept at the right setting to capture the speed of the cars perfectly too. I wish I was as good as you at panning like that!

Thanks for the kind words Mog!

What was the shutter speed on those Sweetshop? Last time I tried doing a slower shutter speed, was much too bright and I had to shut down to f/22 and slightly over expose... neutral density filters to the rescue?

The F2 car was at 1/80 and the other two were at 1/125. I never went as high as F/22 though. The F2 car was F/13, Ferrari at F/11 and BMW at F/7.1. No ND Filters used although I think it was slightly overcast at that point in the day and I've darkened them loads in PP using levels to make them super contrasty, then added a 10-20% opacity High-Pass layer to bring back some details in the shadows.

Wicked pans SSU. Tack sharp cars and great colours. Very much like đź‘Ť

Thanks Syntax, I bumped up the Saturation quite a lot in PP. I'm really happy with the edits I've applied to these few so I'm going to hunt down more old shots now!

I missed these when you posted them a few days and I completely agree with everyone's comments - outstanding! đź‘Ť

The F2 car was at 1/80 and the other two were at 1/125. I never went as high as F/22 though. The F2 car was F/13, Ferrari at F/11 and BMW at F/7.1. No ND Filters used although I think it was slightly overcast at that point in the day and I've darkened them loads in PP using levels to make them super contrasty, then added a 10-20% opacity High-Pass layer to bring back some details in the shadows.

I'll have to remember this, because what you are doing is doing it right :sly:

Landscapes! My first real attempt/opportunity.

4672456329_d47292cbbc.jpg

4672462503_12f3a1b071.jpg

4672468175_cd13fefb8c.jpg

4672474651_f841851d1d.jpg

4673105280_40c4545bd1.jpg

4672482833_781807d162.jpg

4672484717_037385fb15.jpg

So I've been in Wales for two days and I got my first opportunity to take some proper landscapes, finally I had a use for that ND Grad Filter I bought ages ago!

The first was taken on the way to the campsite out of a car window, like so many of my half-ass attempts before I simply couldn't be bothered to ask my parents to pull over. The rest were taken on the campsite over two nights, the ND Grad was a godsend at sunset. My personal favourites would be the 2nd, 5th and 6th.

3rd is my favorite, but I feel the sky could be a bit brighter with more whites in it? Or maybe I am just liking more contrast?

Hmm I've tried to keep it similar to how it was when shot, as it was sunset there weren't really any highlights around except for the reflection of the sun off the water. Although I see where your coming from and I will experiment.

Also here is one more:

4676586132_e08d1b7465.jpg

Them some seriously good landscape shots Sweetshop. Liking all of them but if I had to pick my favs would be 1,2,7.

Although I feel 1 could have used a little more hill in it I love the colours and its simplicity.

And I reckon you did fine with number three if you went too bright on it the whites would blowout too much. Maybe a touch of fill light could help pep it up.

Some nice scenery too.

Hmm I've tried to keep it similar to how it was when shot, as it was sunset there weren't really any highlights around except for the reflection of the sun off the water. Although I see where your coming from and I will experiment.

Also here is one more:

4676586132_e08d1b7465.jpg

Oh I like, great opportunity to crop it at the lower right there so the separation in colors starts right at the corner. I'd maybe end up using that as wallpaper if you could PM me a larger size, perhaps? (3360 pixel width :P )

GPR
Them some seriously good landscape shots Sweetshop. Liking all of them but if I had to pick my favs would be 1,2,7.

Although I feel 1 could have used a little more hill in it I love the colours and its simplicity.

And I reckon you did fine with number three if you went too bright on it the whites would blowout too much. Maybe a touch of fill light could help pep it up.

Some nice scenery too.

Thanks the first would of had more hill in for sure if it wasn't covered by a load of blurred out bushes, hence the large vertical crop.

Oh I like, great opportunity to crop it at the lower right there so the separation in colors starts right at the corner. I'd maybe end up using that as wallpaper if you could PM me a larger size, perhaps? (3360 pixel width :P )

PM sent.

Great photos.

The second one, has a really great light on the rocky green things;

The fourth one is one of my favorites. I love the soft blue tone. It would look great has a more portrait oriented (more rectangular, maybe a little more crop on the sides) with just a bit more of the ground showing;

The sixth would be amazing if a bit more of the water was shown, putting the horizon in the bottom imaginary line;

And the seventh is just perfect for me. :D:tup:

Thanks Nicknamealguem, much like the first, the sixth also had loads of rubbish in the foreground so I figured it would be better to completely remove it from the image and loose some composition points rather than have a distraction.

Quickly popping in to say that these are great landscape photos mate! Any possibility of a 1280X800 sized photo of the very first photo?

Quickly popping in to say that these are great landscape photos mate! Any possibility of a 1280X800 sized photo of the very first photo?

Thanks for the comment Bram. Link to the first photo, I don't think you get the same effect with the crop but at least it fits properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back