Floats Gallery

Discussion in 'Art & Photography' started by boiltheocean, Dec 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bram Turismo

Bram Turismo Premium

The quality of your work has gotten stupidly good, amazingly brilliant!

I'd like to buy myself a serious camera since I've got the cash, but I'd doubt I'd ever shoot anything as remotely good as you guys.

The Kew set is so good I want to slap you. Seriously, amazing detail from that Minolta! :tup:

2. boiltheocean

boiltheocean Premium

Thanks Achilles :tup: I used Lightroom to pull back detail in the clouds using a combination on the recovery slider and exposure gradients, I'm really pleased with that method.

Thanks Chris, you produce some killer statics! It's nice to know you like them.

Nah only the Ferrari 575 was shot using the Minolta 50mm prime, the kit lens is quite reasonable at f7.1. I don't really have any secrets either, a little bit of thought goes a fair way. For example shooting away from the sun in the morning then if that isn't the desired angle come back in the afternoon, it's probably impossible to get a bad exposure that way.

Thanks Bram. I don't know how competitive the camera market is in Norway but I would say stick to either Canon or Nikon for an entry level. While I bought the Sony much cheaper than either of those brands and get the same performance at this level your upgrade options are severely limited, trust me after a year or so shooting with a basic DSLR you will want better.

Thanks for all the comments everyone, I'll make that watermark slightly more transparent as it's definitely blocking some detail I would like people to see through them.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2010
  3. Moglet

Moglet Premium

Wow, I thought they were all shot with the Minolta! Well, I'll try some of your tips out next time I'm shooting cars outdoors. :tup:

4. boiltheocean

boiltheocean Premium

5. NLxAROSA

NLxAROSA Premium

Excellent shots, Floats. :tup: I particularly like the compo of the last one. :)

6. Syntax error

Syntax error Staff Emeritus

I agree with NLxAROSA, the composition of the last shot is great Tom. I also really dig the first shot as well.

7. LongbowX

LongbowX

You are much too good, you put me to shame. Love the subtle tones of the first shot.

8. boiltheocean

boiltheocean Premium

Thanks guys! Went out biking today at one of my favourite places, took my camera along but hardly shot as I was having way too much fun on the bike :lol:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I really wish my camera had better ISO performance, I've never wanted a 5DMkII so badly in my life.

9. Syntax error

Syntax error Staff Emeritus

Or better yet, a 1D MK4? :lol: I dig the shots. The last one is the pick of the bunch for me. Probably due to the lighting. You should look at getting a speedlight and remote trigger. You could pop a light in a tree and as your subject hits the right location in the air, BAM!

10. Neal

Neal Premium

All good :tup: really like tones in the leaves of the first one.

BTW you and your mates are loons, fi I tried anything like that I'd be eating through a straw for months :lol:

11. NLxAROSA

NLxAROSA Premium

This one stands out for me :tup:

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.