Floats Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.
The main race (taken from the big wheel)
3450351992_a6f952478a.jpg

This one works really well, it makes the circuit look like a model 👍

Big NEWS! Amazon just emailed me saying the Alpha 200 has been dispatched. Should come this week and not the predicted end of May!!

Thanks Syntax.

Pic with some Photoshop Work, thought it would make a nice desktop image.

Pic without any Work

First Impressions are great. It sits nicely in my hands and is quite balanced. All the buttons are dead easy to find and the eye-start autofocus is really cool.

Look forward to seeing some great picture's in here, finally I'll have an idea what the Alpha is capable of 👍 (I have mine set to Auto most of the time :nervous:)

My Weekend at Coed-Y-Brenin. It's such a lovely trail center but I never bombed around it because I was carrying my camera.

Flickr Set Containing more of these:

3477930720_3b2d9ea23c_d.jpg

3477127211_47f8d84ee5_d.jpg

3477927734_c9fec52215_d.jpg

I'm definately going back to Coedy sometime. I found it suprisingly smooth considering some sections of the trail are all slabs of rock.​

I really like your style, pretty different then usual. I especially like the black and white shot, the biker jumping on the other guys feet!

Cheers Guys. Now to turnback the time to the first day I had my new Camera. I told my mate it had arrived and he was just as eager as me to see what it could do, so off we headed to some dirt jumps. Here's the result.

3490028744_7a4a810729.jpg

3489211793_b4f437e64b.jpg

3490024998_982ab20fa5.jpg

3490021988_2c5c4210e1.jpg

I used Photoshop Lightroom 2.2 to process all but the second shot and I think I'm beginning to like Lightroom more than CS4 for basic editing, it loads faster for a start!

EDIT: I've also uploaded a couple more shots from Coed-Y-Brenin to my Flickr.

Pan-Blur Win?

Thats from my day out at Hemlock Stone Open Grounds yesterday. Clicking on the pic takes you to the full Flickr set. I set out yesterday with the sole intention to improve my pan-blur technique after my weekend at Coed-Y-Brenin, I worked out my problem which was that I kept stopping my pan when pressing the shutter button so with that in mind I made sure I kept following my subject the whole time through and after the shot. I still need to improve so I get it right everytime but having the majority of the shots I took turn out well instead of bad is a good result so far.

And...

A completely stock shot of my Aunt's dog taken yesterday at my house. This is probs my favourite stock shot I've taken so far.

dsc00625s.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks alot Syntax. Pan-blur is something I really want to get right as it adds so much action to a picture.

Some Cars Finally!

Once again clicking on the Pic takes you to the full Flickr set, only 5 pics because I haven't had many chances to go out a take pics of our cars yet :(.

My favorites of the set are definitely the logo shots. The water droplets really add to the photo.

Glad you liked them Syntax, seems your my only audience :lol:

New Photos from Yesterday. I went out with my mate again to do the usual action shots but that quickly became boring after the same old angles were captured so I decided to take my bike under an old railway bridge and do some product style shots, a dirty product that needs washing but...

3526310265_59ef39bdc2.jpg

3527125654_28872f71b3.jpg

3527129258_7869e4ea35.jpg

I took this on the ride home down a dirt track to see what it was like operating a camera and riding a bike at the same time.

3526320657_6db41b4c52.jpg

I really enjoyed doing still shots because it gave me a lot more control over the outcome. I still like action shots but I think I need to work on my composition to differ them from the obvious angle choices. Tips Appreciated.

Last edited:
lol I know what you mean, seems there isn't a lot of activity in the photo forum at present which is a shame really. Anyway love the editing you did in the first one. Looks edgy. The last one is good as well. Works especially well in a set with the other shots. Whilst the middle two are good shots, they don't pop off the screen as much as the first and last shot.

Thanks Syntax I'm going to go back to the bridge sometime and do more colourful shots when I get my new rear wheel, it's Lime Green!!

Some from the Ride home the other day

And some Flowers taken in my Garden

I loved this last flower, all the water droplets were so perfectly lined up!

Are we the only two in this sub-forum? :lol:

Nice series. The first shot is brilliant. Also pretty cool how the water droplets line up on the leaves, great catch. 👍

Are we the only two in this sub-forum? :lol:

It's gotten very very quiet round here lately!
I must say, that shot you took while riding your bike is very impressive. The blur is precise, the bike is clearly in focus and the shot is well composed. I presume that all happened by accident but it seems to have worked! 👍

I really like the purple plant picture 👍

How many pictures have you taken so far?

Last edited:
It's gotten very very quiet round here lately!
I must say, that shot you took while riding your bike is very impressive. The blur is precise, the bike is clearly in focus and the shot is well composed. I presume that all happened by accident but it seems to have worked! 👍

Thanks Mog I think that was about my 15th shot when riding and I just held my camera out to the side on Auto mode, so it was indeed abit of a fluke. Composure was me though, thats why I had so many practice shots before hand :lol:

I really like the purple the plant picture 👍

How many pictures have you taken so far?

I think I've just gone past the 1100 mark, thanks GTP_Grenade!

EDIT: Big Oops I forgot to thank Syntax :dunce:, cheers I'm glad you keep stopping by, having visitors and comments give me abit more drive to go out and do better 👍

Last edited:
I can't believe I missed three full pages of so damn good pictures from you, SweetshopUnion :eek:.. I'm looking forward to seeing more shots from you ;) 👍

Thanks S-Line. I was planning on dedicating the whole weekend to photography but its just been raining constantly which sucks so much. I also found a really nice old building about 5 mins ride away that been abandoned for 20+ years which I was planning to take a few external pics of but its all fenced off at the moment because a new road is being put in close to it. I found some pics on Flickr that someone else took last year and I was going to go for a similar style, oh well...

2574586645_e0b33c7c84_d.jpg

Picture By Thompski on Flickr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back