Floats Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice one dude. Love the feel of the new shots with the lens. Has a gritty retro feel to them 👍

Thanks Scaff, I've already been through some of my old photos and been thinking, if only I had a CPL! :lol:

Cheers semilife, I've done PP in all the photos I think unless stated but I'm gradually cutting down on the amount and focusing on getting it right straight from the camera. Full size images can be found by clicking on any of the photos(or my signature link) and you will be taken to my Flickr page where you can find all the original sizes there. :)

Thanks my friend, yes fair comment the emphasis should always be on getting a higher quality shot to start. I had a look at the Flickr pages prior to asking the question. As far as I was aware (unless I am doing something wrong!) I know Flickr resizes all uploaded pics. I know this because I started storing stuff on Flickr with a view to use it as permanent backup of most of my shots, but went off the idea when I realised that the shots are significantly resized (the free version anyway).

As far as I was aware (unless I am doing something wrong!) I know Flickr resizes all uploaded pics. I know this because I started storing stuff on Flickr with a view to use it as permanent backup of most of my shots, but went off the idea when I realised that the shots are significantly resized (the free version anyway).

If you have a Pro account on Flickr, all the original sizes are uploaded. Just click on the pic --> All Sizes Button --> Original

I got my Pro account free because I'm with BT for my Broadband.

Finally got round to Post Processing some of my shots from the Great Yorkshire Show 2009.

3741047932_95a0e84f9a.jpg

3740261329_7fe4f924dd.jpg

3741059432_1c87cfef08.jpg

3740271891_a48bebce8b.jpg

3741066374_4377f090a6.jpg

3741070428_93070e0b1e.jpg

3740283683_ac46de586c.jpg

Comments and Critiques Welcome

Last edited:
The first two and the last shot are great. As are all the bike shots from all the way through the gallery (maybe I should crack out the Specialized and see what I can come up with). The colours are strong, and they are famed nicely.

Good work :)

4 & 5 are my favorites of the set. Very nice. The first two are very crisp 👍

I see you are making full use of the 300mm focal length :cheers:

Thankyou Guys! I was abit worried when I was reviewing some of the unedited photos and thought they all looked really bland and boring. Quite amazing how a quick colour balance can change your mind :lol:

Syntax has picked out my personal favourite shot, the 4th one.

I also love how the Owl choose to look at me instead of the guy right opposite with a really nice Canon and an L Series lens.

Ah It feels so long since I posted in here. Bad Weather has stopped me from doing alot of Summer Photography like I hoped too but I've been busy looking for new techniques on the internet to try out when I have the chance.

Today I tried out Stacked Focus and I really like what can be done with it, I think with some more practice it will be a really useful tool for loads of subjects.

Lovely quality Sweetshop 👍

Love the depth in the images thanks to the focus, noise is very low, awesome colours and tones I'm jealous of 👍 Now I see why I want a real SLR and get rid of the Canon G9, my G9 is no match for all the fabulous quality shots you guys get from this kind of gear!

Lovely quality Sweetshop 👍

Love the depth in the images thanks to the focus, noise is very low, awesome colours and tones I'm jealous of 👍 Now I see why I want a real SLR and get rid of the Canon G9, my G9 is no match for all the fabulous quality shots you guys get from this kind of gear!

Getting a DSLR is a great move in my opinion, but don't get rid of the G9, you can't always carry around a DSLR and a compact with manual options and a good lens is always nice to have (which is why I still have my Sony DSC-80).

Regards

Scaff

Agreed. Besides my DSLR, I have a compact cam as well. I use the compact to capture all the 'standard' stuff. Add to that I usually don't take my DSLR (and all the stuff that goes with it ;)) along on every occassion. The compact fits in my pocket, so there's no excuse of not having it along. :)

Thankyou Guys! I've been sorting through my photos and came across a couple I decided didn't look that good unedited, so I figured I'd try make them abit more appealing.

3808383126_f5e0b44acc.jpg

3807578651_e83f24f00f.jpg

I went abit graphic on the first photo as it reminded me of these great wallpapers and I've wanted to try out mixing graphics into photos for a while now.

I like the compo and the coloring on that last one. Looks all fresh. 👍 Now I'm hungry. ;)

Haha! Thankyou. I did some MOAR because I can't get enough of adding some text to a photo, I may end up using these as a Desktop Wallpaper for a while.

Both updates are so, so good. You definitely made them much more appealing. I can't even pick my favourite out of the first 3. All are brilliant. ^^ Maybe the second one, just because I like the colouring the best.

A bit inspired by the Naturelle wallpaper pack, are we? :P

Great images, I love the simplicity, vignetting, and the quality of tones, colours and the image as a whole 👍

Both updates are so, so good. You definitely made them much more appealing. I can't even pick my favourite out of the first 3. All are brilliant. ^^ Maybe the second one, just because I like the colouring the best.

Thanks. It's abit wierd when I come to old photos, even the ones I've edited because I've learnt so much since I took them and my style has changed, it's quite refreshing to re-edit just to see if they fit in.

The last 4 are really awesome. You've come a very long way in such a short time. I really dig these shots.
This one in particular is pure genius:👍

Thankyou! I think that is my favourite I've done so far too.

A bit inspired by the Naturelle wallpaper pack, are we? :P Great images, I love the simplicity, vignetting, and the quality of tones, colours and the image as a whole 👍

How could you tell? :lol:

I really dig the style of the Naturelle Pack and I wanted to replicate it with my own photos. Thankyou for the Kind Words.

How could you tell? :lol:

Because the signature is in the same place as in the package, and the font looks very similar as well. There's nothing wrong with that though, I love the Naturelle sigs as well, it adds up to your overall image presentation 👍

I've been at Donnington today and I would have to say it's been some of the most enjoyable photography I've ever done, the noise of Formula 2 cars is amazing and the variety of sounds comming from the GT Cup cars is eargasmic! So 154Mb and 1 Hour later my first batch of edits has been uploaded to Flickr.

3828373012_55c617b11b.jpg

3828361500_484094d3f1.jpg

3827552425_0517bd8929.jpg

3828341978_84097cb544.jpg

3828338354_18cfcb56bd.jpg

3827531453_349d855f02.jpg

3828324372_f35339d20d.jpg

3827514733_8662939139.jpg

3827511225_1b40179a1d.jpg

3828304990_e58db665a5.jpg

3828295042_64360ae10c.jpg

3827486587_a0da32f0ae.jpg

3828279156_fce69c7ec7.jpg

3828273864_32921d2693.jpg

3828263272_917a19510d.jpg

3828251178_22042fd906.jpg

3828246244_671068bb7b.jpg

3828233934_5b8f2d5f59.jpg

3827430933_03e7012808.jpg

3827420747_6ed63cc41c.jpg

3827407743_6beecedb14.jpg

3827396269_c90a26b2c5.jpg

3828186172_f4b312001a.jpg

Sweet! All of them are awesome. 👍

That first shot you've posted blew my mind.

Just cause I’m a Nosey Nelly, I was checking out your full res shots on Flickr along with the exif data, anyway I noticed that some of them have a tad bit of noise even though your ISO is at 100. Was the noise added intentionally? It’s not distracting, I was just curious.

Sounds like you enjoyed it. Will you be attending the track more regularly? I certainly think you should. Oh and the 300mm seems to be a good reach as well for this track. 👍

Sweet! All of them are awesome. 👍

That first shot you've posted blew my mind.

Just cause I’m a Nosey Nelly, I was checking out your full res shots on Flickr along with the exif data, anyway I noticed that some of them have a tad bit of noise even though your ISO is at 100. Was the noise added intentionally? It’s not distracting, I was just curious.

Sounds like you enjoyed it. Will you be attending the track more regularly? I certainly think you should. Oh and the 300mm seems to be a good reach as well for this track. 👍

Thankyou. I wasn't adding any extra noise but I sharpened them up abit so I think thats contributed to the noise you could be seeing. I did really enjoy it and so did my dad, sadly the racing calender is ending at Donnington soon so I doubt I'll go again this year. Hopefully next year they should have Formula 1 but judging by the work they've done so far I doubt that unless the get on some serious work after the calender is finished.

No other tracks near? Maybe check if any smaller tracks are around as well that host club level events. They are heaps of fun usually.

Very nicely done. ^^

My favourites are both black and white: the Aston, and then the front shot of the Porsche. The reflections on the Aston are just awe inspiring.

Also, the shot of the two Astons in colour is also brilliantly done.

And I agree - your panning is excellent. ^^

No other tracks near? Maybe check if any smaller tracks are around as well that host club level events. They are heaps of fun usually.

I don't think there are any closer tracks, I'll have to hunt round the internetz and get back to you on that. I'd really like to go to some lower level club events too, they race so much closer so I could probably get a couple of cars in a frame which is quite rare at Donnington.

Excellent panning shots! 👍

Thankyou! :D

Very nicely done. ^^

My favourites are both black and white: the Aston, and then the front shot of the Porsche. The reflections on the Aston are just awe inspiring.

Also, the shot of the two Astons in colour is also brilliantly done.

And I agree - your panning is excellent. ^^

Thanks. I was really glad I choose to make those two shots B&W. I didn't think they had much going for them in colour. I'm seriously pleased that you like my coloured Astons, that is my personal favourite static shot of the day. :D:tup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back