Flyin' Miata Super Cup | *Congrats to World Champion Aderrrm!*

  • Thread starter Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 4,456 comments
  • 227,669 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aw man. Really wanted to do this series this time, but with family, Sunday 4pm isn't gonna work. Maybe I'll join some of your practice rooms if there is room and o.k. with you guys.
 
What time works for you? I have an idea....
 
Ah, didn't realise the start time. Any start time from 6-10pm GMT works for me but np if its a hassle 👍
 
Ah, didn't realise the start time. Any start time from 6-10pm GMT works for me but np if its a hassle 👍

Think we've already confirmed a start time of 9pm in the UK.

But....I have a rather good idea that we might do depending on sign-up numbers and interest. I think you guys will really like it. Give me a few minutes to summarize what I'm thinking then I'll post it.
 
Think we've already confirmed a start time of 9pm in the UK.

But....I have a rather good idea that we might do depending on sign-up numbers and interest. I think you guys will really like it. Give me a few minutes to summarize what I'm thinking then I'll post it.

If demand is high enough you could have two different timeslots for NA and EU racers, or two divisions?
 
10 pm eastern standard time is usually when I get to turn on my PS3. My 2 year old and wife go to bed around 9 or 9:30.
 
Two divisions actually, and it would go like this:
  • 14 Drivers at 4pm EST USA (9pm UK)
  • 14 Drivers at different time (to be set)
  • Same schedule for each
  • 1st place in points for each get's in-game prize(s)
  • Top 7 from each division advance to final race
  • Winner of final race (points overall) wins real life prizes & crowned World Champ

👍
 
I don't want to come across as demanding or controling or anything as I've only just started posting in this thread but, would possibly a different day sort it out, if times are kept at how they're set now, or slightly changed within a few hours there and here?
 
OMG DIDN'T KNOW THERE WAS GOING TO BE A MAZDA TOURING CAR DLC!!!!!!!!!

I'm freakin out. :)
 
Sundays? Aww man, doesnt work. Im on Mule's Integra Championship at exactly 4PM EST on Sundays... :nervous: I know this is asking too much but any chance to be on another day? Friday?
 
Sundays? Aww man, doesnt work. Im on Mule's Integra Championship at exactly 4PM EST on Sundays... :nervous: I know this is asking too much but any chance to be on another day? Friday?

I'm working on a dual schedule right now. Race 1 will be at 4pm EST, race 2 may be much later around 9-10pm EST.

Would anyone be opposed to rolling starts?
 
Sundays? Aww man, doesnt work. Im on Mule's Integra Championship at exactly 4PM EST on Sundays... :nervous: I know this is asking too much but any chance to be on another day? Friday?

FMSC has always been on Sundays. Sunday is race day. In all fairness, Mule vultured the time slot (with Turbo's approval) due to the FMSC taking a break between seasons. If Race 1 doesn't work for you surely Race 2 will fit your schedule.


I'm working on a dual schedule right now. Race 1 will be at 4pm EST, race 2 may be much later around 9-10pm EST.

Would anyone be opposed to rolling starts?

It depends on how well the rolling start function works. If it is anything like A-spec or the rolling starts on ovals then I would be opposed. Rolling starts are pointless when each row has four car lengths between one another.
 
Have you done rolling starts online before?

Here's an example:

 
Yeah, the only reason Season 1 of the Integras was on Saturday was to avoid conflicts with this. There's only 3 more races in Season 2, anyway, so I'm sure it'll be finished before this starts.
 
Plan is to start the official season on the 4th.
 
...And our last race is on the 30th ;)
 
Yes, please start after the 30th! That would be lovely! Looking forward to it, hopefully the Mx-5 RM handles well.
 
I've been watching this thread a little due to really wanting to get into this. I wanted to join in Season 2 but I never had the time. Season 3 is looking good, especially with the touring (RM) version. Though, Sunday is an extremely hard day for me to race on. It depends on time, but not only that, it depends when the Ravens are playing. A little background info: My dad is a fan so he watches every game. I cannot get on while game is on. Simple right? If I sign-up, I probably may only race in half, if not less then half of the races. What do I do? I'm really into Miatas, MX-5s, whatever you wan to call each one. I could sign-up as reserve, but I feel this will obviously be filled every race. Thanks for any feedback you can give. :)
 
Have you done rolling starts online before?

Here's an example:
personally never been a fan of rolling starts like that.
single file F1 safety car laps are ok because it provides a function; namely reducing carnage at turn1 by putting everyone in a sane order with warm tires. But the double file maintaining a stagger is just annoying.
 
personally never been a fan of rolling starts like that.
single file F1 safety car laps are ok because it provides a function; namely reducing carnage at turn1 by putting everyone in a sane order with warm tires. But the double file maintaining a stagger is just annoying.

As long as it's practiced and everyone knows which left or right driving line to follow then it works out quite well. Plus it makes things pretty intense. :sly:

But I do see what you mean, it can be annoying.
 
Yeah so that would be great if both time slots had different points tables. I'd probably end up racing in both 👍

Sounds good. I just can't believe the interest that's coming up, that Cup car's a god-send.

It's attracting all the right people and if just a handful more quality drivers make this then we're really going to have one of the more epic series in a long time, competition-wise.
 
Yeah so that would be great if both time slots had different points tables. I'd probably end up racing in both 👍

Actually I'd restrict you to one or the other. :p
 
I like the use of the rolling start as used in the Aderrrm's GT4 Cup, but I also like the grid start with false start check on :indiff: (except when a car in front on the grid jumps it, which is only like a real life stall :) ).

I must admit I'm looking forward to this series even more now with the Cup car available and I think it will be one of the best series to date 👍 :drool: Top 10's are gonna be an achievement methinks!
 
Yeah so that would be great if both time slots had different points tables. I'd probably end up racing in both 👍

Sounds good. I just can't believe the interest that's coming up, that Cup car's a god-send.

It's attracting all the right people and if just a handful more quality drivers make this then we're really going to have one of the more epic series in a long time, competition-wise.


I would hope driving in both would be illegal without lots of empty space on the grid.

As long as it's practiced and everyone knows which left or right driving line to follow then it works out quite well. Plus it makes things pretty intense. :sly:

But I do see what you mean, it can be annoying.

yes, because online racing needs one more thing to practice and maintain order during. :indiff:
 
yes, because online racing needs one more thing to practice and maintain order during. :indiff:

I've raced in a couple different series online that used a rolling start, and neither of them had issues with it. Everyone just seemed like they knew exactly what was asked of them. (with help from a description in the thread)
 
personally never been a fan of rolling starts like that.
single file F1 safety car laps are ok because it provides a function; namely reducing carnage at turn1 by putting everyone in a sane order with warm tires. But the double file maintaining a stagger is just annoying.
I'll have to agree. Having done rolling starts in the GT4 Cup for two season has not made me a big fan of it.
Yeah so that would be great if both time slots had different points tables. I'd probably end up racing in both 👍
I thought the two times was to give everyone an opportunity to race at a time convenient for them. I know that people that watch football on Sundays would prefer the later start time.
 
as long as it starts after Mules Series im in and i was looking forward to Join just on the normal road going Mx5 as it ruled on handling now im looking forward to this 10 fold!! (btw i reserve #77 for my car :sly:)

Edit: also will the specs stay the same..... as ofc it will have like 15 35 downforce which will add PP and will be lighter much lighter
 
Will we be seeing Spa in the schedule? :p
 
I've raced in a couple different series online that used a rolling start, and neither of them had issues with it. Everyone just seemed like they knew exactly what was asked of them. (with help from a description in the thread)

tolerating and liking are two different things. :sly:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back