FM4- Post Your Latest Pics Here

• Thread starter BryCivicSi
  • 1,040 comments
Roll oooooooooon, yellow camaro!

K3WuM.jpg

I would add some angle to the camera in your shots. You're really close and tilting the camera should make the drifting shots a little more dramatic.

Here are some of my first shots. Let me know what you think!

Turn the camera so we see where the car is going not where it came from. It makes for a more interesting photo. And try and adjust the aperture to blur the background more. Otherwise, the car alone looks awesome.
And yes, that body kit comes with painted headlights. I have a Mustang with the same kit and it deleted the headlight for the cover.

Found the Fiesta for $2200 at auction and found the paint design for $1000. Thought the Cragar smoothies fit the paint perfectly. Have an awesome class D car for $4000.

GetPhoto-10.jpg

GetPhoto-11.jpg

And I started a Ruf club, Ruf Aficionados, and designed this today. Simple but the design goes practically unnoticed in this photograph. Have the club name on the left and right side ghosted and faded in, flat 6 ghosted on the rear and the Ruf logo ghosted on the hood.

GetPhoto-12.jpg

Another one from tonight. I really wish I still had photoshop, I know I could do more with this shot.

Why do you need photoshop to edit it? I'd maybe crop the wall out and brighten the shadows up and you'd have a great photo. No photoshop needed.

Just cause I can adjust that sort of stuff in photoshop. Its hard to get my pics fine tuned with my tv, as they always look different on my computer. Thanks for the critique!

Just cause I can adjust that sort of stuff in photoshop. Its hard to get my pics fine tuned with my tv, as they always look different on my computer. Thanks for the critique!

You don't need a $500 or whatever it costs program to do that. I use the free Preview app that comes with OSX and with that I can do 99% of my image editing. MS paint is crap but you added a border some how so you must have some editing program already. Or try http://www.gimp.org/. It the free equivalent to PS. It has a lot of the same tools and learning curve.
What I would do to try and fix your TV/ computer screen issue is run a few tests. Assuming you already have your computer screen at the right settings, shoot a handful of shots in Forza with different settings. Adjust contrast down a few clicks and exposure up a few clicks and keep moving them around and shooting. View them all on your computer and when you find the best one, use the settings you used from that photo as a starting point going forward. That's what I do. My images above, I maybe brightened the whites ever so slightly and that was it. In game I dial down the contrast maybe to 45ish and exposure up a couple. I think brightness up a couple too but I need to scale that a bit since I am editing the image a bit.
It's just trial and error.

EDIT:
It may be helpful to subscribe to my thread, "How to Take Pics in Photomode". I plan on covering exposure next then most likely composition. Not that you need serious help cause you don't but we should all be learning something new on a daily basis. Every little bit helps.

You don't need a $500 or whatever it costs program to do that. I use the free Preview app that comes with OSX and with that I can do 99% of my image editing. MS paint is crap but you added a border some how so you must have some editing program already. Or try http://www.gimp.org/. It the free equivalent to PS. It has a lot of the same tools and learning curve.
What I would do to try and fix your TV/ computer screen issue is run a few tests. Assuming you already have your computer screen at the right settings, shoot a handful of shots in Forza with different settings. Adjust contrast down a few clicks and exposure up a few clicks and keep moving them around and shooting. View them all on your computer and when you find the best one, use the settings you used from that photo as a starting point going forward. That's what I do. My images above, I maybe brightened the whites ever so slightly and that was it. In game I dial down the contrast maybe to 45ish and exposure up a couple. I think brightness up a couple too but I need to scale that a bit since I am editing the image a bit.
It's just trial and error.

EDIT:
It may be helpful to subscribe to my thread, "How to Take Pics in Photomode". I plan on covering exposure next then most likely composition. Not that you need serious help cause you don't but we should all be learning something new on a daily basis. Every little bit helps.

Well I added that border in MS Paint actually, so it does a little more than you think haha. But yeah man, I know about Gimp, I've never used it, but since I no longer have Photoshop I will probably give that a try. I've been doing photomode since GT4 first came out, so its really not new to me, but forza's photomode is, and I'm finding it to be a somewhat dumbed down version of GT's version. But back then I would do artificial blurs and blur the background separate from the wheels and do radial blurs, and just being able to adjust the hue, saturation, and color after I get it to my computer is just a much easier method. Not to mention I can do all the different noise filters and just different things that I got used to using back in GT4 days. I appreciate your input though, and I'll definitely check out that thread 👍

I guess what I'm really trying to say is that I know its possible to take awesome shots in forza without using photoshop to edit them, but since I haven't quite figured out the photomode yet, I wish I had photoshop to fall back on.

Back