FM4- Post Your Latest Pics Here

• Thread starter BryCivicSi
  • 1,040 comments
Are you on a 56k modem? :odd:

This is a designated picture thread, after all...

Common courtesy though. I crop my images at 600px max length that they fit nicely. That is a 50% reduction from standard photo from Forza.

Are you on a 56k modem? :odd:

This is a designated picture thread, after all...

I get 40 mbps whatever that is. idk what I use in Japan. I use flickr because you can post the full pictures on there and then it compresses them for forums to be much smaller and quicker for viewing.

Common courtesy though. I crop my images at 600px max length that they fit nicely. That is a 50% reduction from standard photo from Forza.
The forum softwarre shrinks them down anyways, so... I don't know, I jsut don't think it's necessary. And depending on the picture, a fair bit of the details can be lost, too.

I get 40 mbps whatever that is.
That's, like, eight times as fast as what I can get :drool:
Everything should load up instantly for you :D

The forum softwarre shrinks them down anyways, so... I don't know, I jsut don't think it's necessary. And depending on the picture, a fair bit of the details can be lost, too.

That's, like, eight times as fast as what I can get :drool:
Everything should load up instantly for you :D

That's basic internet here apparently. idk it fluctuates in and out sometimes really badly. Most of the time it will run flawlessly, then i'll have some days where it is dreadfully slow.

Well, here's something that's a bit more on-topic :D

6249390661_4d73db8ba1_z.jpg

looks pretty good. I can't seem to get the focus to work. idk maybe it is and I just don't realize it.
You have to balance focus and aperture... It's a bit hit and miss, but if you use both, it works decently.

From what I've found, increasing the aperture setting will blur everything behind the object you're focusing on, decresing the focus will blur everything in front of it.

You have to balance focus and aperture... It's a bit hit and miss, but if you use both, it works decently.

From what I've found, increasing the aperture setting will blur everything behind the object you're focusing on, decresing the focus will blur everything in front of it.

Thanks! I'm definitely going to have to try that.

WOW, those are amzing, plus those cars are :drool:

Thank you!

Unless you want to make a print or wallpaper, why are you all using Big Shot? It is overkill for web shots. Any detail over the standard images will be lost when it is sized properly and converted to jpeg.

I upload all of mine as Big shots (twenty minutes to upload sucks though :() because i use them as wallpapers. :)
When post them here i convert to jpeg, then host them on Abload. BTW anyone know if Flicker would be better then Abload. 💡

Last one for today:

M3

I think I'm getting the hang of it...
Wow that looks great. 👍

Great job on that pic Luminis. Looks photo realistic.
drj
Wow that looks great. 👍
drj
BTW anyone know if Flicker would be better then Abload.
Flickr definitely has its advantages. The automatic resizing does come in handy from time to time. Also, having the Fotostream available is a nice bonus if you happen to upload lots of pictures that you don't post immediately.
James May just had his car painted, Now i understand what Clarkson keeps saying about him :embarrassed:
Wow :D But, you know, the 70's are calling. They want their style back :D Looks like a lot of work went into that design, though 👍

Wow :D But, you know, the 70's are calling. They want their style back :D Looks like a lot of work went into that design, though 👍

Haha it started as a flame paint for muscle cars but i got carried away and the girlf didn't help much, pink was her idea honest :nervous:

It resizes them to fit in the browser screen but you're still making everyone download a 1MB jpeg vs a 500kb jpeg for example. Not actual file sizes but you get the jist of it. Having 20 large files add up one page will eventually take awhile. There's already 22 on this page not counting duplicates.
If you are taking pictures of a detail as you say, the crop should be tight enough to not lose the detail needed. If it is lost, then it's just a bad photo to begin with. Larger photos aren't better photos. Plus, I'd rather have photoshop resize my photos than a browser. I suspect it does a better job of resizing.

I tried the flame style for my Nova but it looks rubbish. :D

The way i did mine was place the flame decals how you want them save it,
then outline the whole decal with the random shapes, then delete the original flame decal and your left with a reverse flame pattern then you can over lay that on what ever you like.

Main problem is getting the wing/bonnet join to match up.

Yellow carbon > faded red > custom reverse flame decal

carbonflames2.jpg

If your interested my decals are on the storefront so ya can stick them on your nova, i'll even changes the colors ( sorry shamless plug :lol:)

Just wish i new what to add to make it more of a race livery.

But if a guy with the gametag JerodR is playing FM4 you should see his flames,
out of this world is a understatement,
Think i have a truck he did on FM3 i'll get a pic.

EDIT: Better yet here's his sales thread on forza.net
http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/thread/1432309.aspx

OK. So I have figured out the way focus and aperture works, at least when you are shooting at your Homespace. I will be posting a new thread shortly.

EDIT:
I have also reskinned the GT40. I can customize the body color and stripe color (or lack of stripes) to your wildest imagination. If anyone is interested, let me know. I will do custom work for a few thousand credits.

GetPhoto-8.jpg

Hot pink, light pink? PM me about colors as to keep thread on topic.

You just messaged me about taking photos, didn't you? A how-to thread would be helpful?

Here's one with my Saleen S5S Raptor. I painted part of the hood black, as well as the trunk, to match the black roof. Also added an alternate version of our club logo, modified the color to fit the color scheme, and added my racing number.

saleens5s.jpg

Back