• Thread starter BryCivicSi
  • 1,040 comments
Going to have to learn how to set the camera up in this game,

VeUUC.jpg

nhtrd.jpg

PLsk1.jpg

Oni
nice shot!

Agreed. The Audi shot above are also great. I only wish the shadows were a bit brighter. I wish there was a little more tonality to them.

Personally, I do not understand shots like the Testarossa. Are you trying to put more emphasis on the wheel or whatever is in the background? I am hoping you don't answer my question cause that's my point. A photograph of a car should highlight what you want the viewer to see without question. So, when you crop a car where the viewer doesn't see whole car but gets a partial of the car with some meaningless background noise, we are clueless. The background may be cool looking but the subject of the image is the car and that should be first priority in the image. By example, the car and the background are both evenly weighted.
The images from J32 are nice but just that. Focus in on the car. The nothingness of the black background is great to help us focus in on the subject at hand. But when the background takes up half of the image, it then becomes more of a distraction.
And I would say the same thing with Yoyo805. Great start but look at what is in focus and what isn't. There is too much in focus. Drop what you need to to make just the car in focus and let the road and the trees be out of focus. Then you'd have an awesome shot.
The Enzo shot below is nice but I am slightly offput because of all the red in the background. I sort of lose the car with all of the red going on. And the rest of the images are alright. I wish the vignette wasn't so noticeable but I also wish the horizon of the image wasn't so high in the photo. When the horizon is that high in the photograph, the viewer is left to believe there is something worth looking at the bottom of the image. And in your case, it is just pavement. There isn't anything worth looking at. Crop tight at the cars and you've really got something.

Sorry, I don't mean to point out what I don't like in your images. I am not a photo snob nor am I trying to be. I like you're all work. I am honestly trying to help you all turn good images into something that will really wow the rest of us. And I hope that's the point you're trying to get after from the rest of us. :D

Three shots of a race I did with the '91 NSX-R. Didn't turn out all that well, I guess...

I have found that the image you see in the game doesnt exactly show what you will see from your computer. And I am using the same TV for both the computer and 360. Display settings could be different between different TV inputs in my case.
A little darker to help the whites that got washed out and that'd first and third image would be perfect IMO.

I'm still trying hard to get the ;shine', it seems to work best when pictures are dark. I still have a tendency to over-expose like in forza 3 to get a higher dynamic range effect. Although it is really annoying me that contrast and brightness act almost identically....

Ferrari 458 Italia.

Forza14.jpg

Forza16.jpg

ooo, look at the reflections!

Forza17.jpg

Mercedes-Benz 190# 2/3-16 Evolution II : I feel this shoot didn't turn out so hot. Then again, I wouldn't call Maple Valley the most ideal place to shoot the 190E, I guess the Green Hell would do better for dark on dark.

Forza10.jpg

Forza11.jpg

Forza12.jpg

Where can we upload BIG SHOTS to? The file is too big for flickr and photobucket keeps giving me an error message just before it finishes.

Where can we upload BIG SHOTS to? The file is too big for flickr and photobucket keeps giving me an error message just before it finishes.

supposedly u have to convert, in MSPaint, to PNG, then upload to flickr. file should be about 9mbs.

I want to edit that GT pic. I dont know where I'm going to go with it yet.

supposedly u have to convert, in MSPaint, to PNG, then upload to flickr. file should be about 9mbs.

I want to edit that GT pic. I dont know where I'm going to go with it yet.

Thanks. Still doesn't look as big as it should though. Am I copying the wrong URL?

6248416017_86e14a25c7_b.jpg

Unless you want to make a print or wallpaper, why are you all using Big Shot? It is overkill for web shots. Any detail over the standard images will be lost when it is sized properly and converted to jpeg.

Unless you want to make a print or wallpaper, why are you all using Big Shot? It is overkill for web shots. Any detail over the standard images will be lost when it is sized properly and converted to jpeg.

The people that post the full size image make things pretty annoying as well. Takes a year and a half to load.

Back