FM4 Screenies

• Thread starter arora
  • 72 comments
aston-one-77-deep-1280-01_opt.jpg

t.o.
I'm sorry but this shreds anything anyone has done in a photomode on any console.

Oh yes, I definitely agree with you. I am just hoping liveries and modifications will be at the same level of detail :)

I did think One-77 but as I don't really like the look of it, I've never been interested enough in it to recall it had a 7.3 and from a quick Google, the first page of links were all Brabus models.

I'm sorry but this shreds anything anyone has done in a photomode on any console.
Exactly. There is not a single racing game at this point that is even in the same league graphically as Forza 4 Autovista mode.

You only have to go to a sub-forum on this website to see how good the "other" game is.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=134329&page=176

Just see the pictures of the C63 AMG and the Camaro Z28 on that page. I wonder if any of you will change your minds on FM4 being that far ahead of any other console racing game graphically after seeing the pictures linked above.

Yes, that c63 shot looks amazing! But, it doesn't change my mind.I think the new lighting engine in Forza 4 is much better. Also, only 20% of Gt5 cars will look that good, all of Forza 4s car will look good. As a term of quantity and quality, Forza 4 has a big lead over Gt5.

You only have to go to a sub-forum on this website to see how good the "other" game is.

Just see the pictures of the C63 AMG and the Camaro Z28 on that page. I wonder if any of you will change your minds on FM4 being that far ahead of any other console racing game graphically after seeing the pictures linked above.

Nothing will change my mind until I have played Forza 4 this October. Until then I couldn't say.

I am also not a fanboy. I own every GT game including the Pal and JPN versions and I own all Forza games. I have viewed EVERY single pic in that thread and watch it daily. Its one of my favorite GT5 threads. The graphics are indeed amazing, no doubt about it. But if you look at the Autovista pics in this "FM4 Screenies" thread its really a no brainer at this point graphically that F4 is taking the lead.In Autovista mode for sure. And F4 was only in development 2 years. Fully detailed engines, fully detailed interiors, everything is fully detailed in Autovista mode. I have GT5 and F3 and you would have to be blind to not realize Forza 4 Autovista pics are in a league of their own ahead of any other racing game out there.

I will give you a challenge to prove me wrong. Here are 3 pictures. Pick any racing sim out there and try to match the visual quality of these 3 pics. I will give you the entire weekend and I will check back on Monday.

Match these 3 pics. Interior shots to interior shots. Engine shot to engine shot.
fm42002ferrarienzo.jpg

5832080653_0d023bda6b_b.jpg

5819722920_508352506b_b.jpg

Last edited:
I am also not a fanboy. I own every GT game including the Pal and JPN versions and I own all Forza games. I have viewed EVERY single pic in that thread and watch it daily. Its one of my favorite GT5 threads. The graphics are indeed amazing, no doubt about it. But if you look at the Autovista pics in this "FM4 Screenies" thread its really a no brainer at this point graphically that F4 is taking the lead.In Autovista mode for sure. And F4 was only in development 2 years. Fully detailed engines, fully detailed interiors, everything is fully detailed in Autovista mode. I have GT5 and F3 and you would have to be blind to not realize Forza 4 Autovista pics are in a league of their own ahead of any other racing game out there.

I will give you a challenge to prove me wrong. Here are 3 pictures. Pick any racing sim out there and try to match the visual quality of these 3 pics. I will give you the entire weekend and I will check back on Monday.

Match these 3 pics. Interior shots to interior shots. Engine shot to engine shot.
fm42002ferrarienzo.jpg

5832080653_0d023bda6b_b.jpg

5819722920_508352506b_b.jpg

Here are some links to images. The first I will insert as it doesn't view in browser hyperlinked.

190877_1715233913078_1005109569_31702892_1722654_o.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs781.ash1/167104_1642372291437_1000713445_31676983_5704966_n.jpg
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5243/5207816438_94c6a86da1_o.jpg
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4127/5224602879_382030ac63_b.jpg

Credit for these photos goes to the members on here who posted these in photomode sub-forum on the GT5 section of this website. They are not even optimum pictures due to the way photomode works and I think you know what I mean by that if you do visit the GT5 photomode sub-forum.

Anyway going back to Autovista mode only, big extra difference between GT5 premium cars is the compartments and some extra internal bodywork modelling. There are more premium cars in GT5 than their will be in Autovista ones in FM4 I guess. I doubt half of the car count will be in that mode. I would like PD to hire more modellers / outsource as they won't be able to keep up with T10 in terms of numbers for long as T10 have more people modelling cars than PD have working on the whole game including track and car modelling. I think that is true as they outsource to two modelling companies or maybe just one now for FM4.

Finally why bring the 2 year development thing, it is not like they've been sitting doing nothing that contributes to FM4 before hand.

There are more premium cars in GT5 than their will be in Autovista ones in FM4 I guess. I doubt half of the car count will be in that mode.

Considering what makes a premium car a premium car in GT5, I don't really get how Autovista mode anything to do with that.

Considering what makes a premium car a premium car in GT5, I don't really get how Autovista mode anything to do with that.

I was referring to the quantity quality post above which I did not quote. There is a lot less total cars in FM4 but the level of quality in general will be higher due to less cars being in the game and all cars having a higher standard than the standard cars in GT5. If GT5 only had premium cars then the quality level would be better than FM4 as all cars will be at a very high level but it won't have as much quantity. GT5 has like a 20/80 split with the quality of cars, it is not that bad due to the numbers and I don't think FM4 has a big lead over GT5 in terms of quality / quantity of cars. I think the next Forza game will however have a big lead due to outsourcing modelling allows them to really get a lot of cars modelled but they could easily not get much more numbers and just try and remodel every car with Autovista quality. Imagine the time and money they would have saved if they made their minds up about quality levels before Forza 3. I think they are reacting after seeing PD do their thing it seems and using man power to accomplish things quickly. Like they added cockpit view in FM3 which they had second thoughts about but they went ahead and now with the Autovista mode to top GT5's Premium cars. Anyway I think it might take PD 5-10 years to catch up in terms of numbers and quality to where FM5 will be if PD keep modelling everything in-house.

Forza 4 looks like it be a huge revelation for the series as the physics and graphics engine look way better than what was in FM3.

Last edited:
I was referring to the quantity quality post above which I did not quote. There is a lot less total cars in FM4 but the level of quality in general will be higher due to less cars being in the game and all cars having a higher standard than the standard cars in GT5. If GT5 only had premium cars then the quality level would be better than FM4 as all cars will be at a very high level but it won't have as much quantity. GT5 has like a 20/80 split but with the quality of cars, it is not that bad and I don't think FM4 has a big lead over GT5 in terms of quality / quantity of cars. I think the next Forza game will however have a big lead due to outsourcing modelling allows them to really get a lot of car numbers in but they could easily not get much more numbers and just try and remodel every car with Autovista quality. Imagine the time and money they would have saved if they made their minds up about quality levels before Forza 3. I think it might take PD 5-10 years to catch up in terms of numbers and quality to where FM5 will be if PD keep modelling everything in-house.

I think the whole standard/premium thing thing is rather stupid in the first place. GT5 is the only game that does it, so extrapolating that whole train of thought onto the racing sim genre in seems kinda flawed. Autovista is gameplay mode that's seperate from Forza's main game, so I think there's no reason to compare that to GT5's standarrd/Premium issue, as otherwise, all cars are of the same quality, and that is top-notch this-gen quality.

If we were to go with GT5's nomenclature, Forza would be 100% premium cars plus Autovista.

I think the whole standard/premium thing thing is rather stupid in the first place. GT5 is the only game that does it, so extrapolating that whole train of thought onto the racing sim genre in seems kinda flawed. Autovista is gameplay mode that's seperate from Forza's main game, so I think there's no reason to compare that to GT5's standarrd/Premium issue, as otherwise, all cars are of the same quality, and that is top-notch this-gen quality.

If we were to go with GT5's nomenclature, Forza would be 100% premium cars plus Autovista.

Turn 10 did follow suit though. The Autovista mode cars are modelled at a higher detail than the majority cars in the game. GT as far as console games go will still be at least the 2nd highest in terms of car count if using just Premium cars and I like it that they included the standard cars as it is a freebie and lets me enjoy driving other cars in the virtual world that I remember from the older games. Rather have it than not, but I guess some would prefer none of the other cars being in the game and just be the 2nd highest in terms of car count which is not bad for a game that costs the same as all others to buy.

I think Forza 4 will have a similar split to what is in GT5, as far as the two standard of cars are concerned. It might also be 20 Autovista/80 split or even less.

Finally I don't really want to get into a discussion here as it is meant to be only for FM4 screenshots so I would rather stop and let this thread be for what it is for. Just thought I would make a post before due to a lot of claims being made. You can post on the dedicated section if you like, I'm off for today though, maybe check back later but not sure if I will have the time.

The big difference is, the cars outside of Auto Vista are modeled to this generation's standards, not the last generation's like the abortions that are GT5's standard cars.

The big difference is, the cars outside of Auto Vista are modeled to this generation's standards, not the last generation's like the abortions that are GT5's standard cars.

Pretty much. If you're seeing a car on the track, you won't know whether it's available in Autovista or not, just by looking at it.

Turn 10 did follow suit though. The Autovista mode cars are modelled at a higher detail than the majority cars in the game.

Actually, it has been confirmed that all cars in Forza 4 will be modeled with the same amount of detail, if you are talking in the graphical side. But technically, the autovista cars will be a bit more fully modeled in terms of door and hood animations, but that is really obvious.

Last edited:
Credit for these photos goes to the members on here who posted these in photomode sub-forum on the GT5 section of this website. They are not even optimum pictures due to the way photomode works and I think you know what I mean by that if you do visit the GT5 photomode sub-forum.

Anyway going back to Autovista mode only, big extra difference between GT5 premium cars is the compartments and some extra internal bodywork modelling. There are more premium cars in GT5 than their will be in Autovista ones in FM4 I guess. I doubt half of the car count will be in that mode. I would like PD to hire more modellers / outsource as they won't be able to keep up with T10 in terms of numbers for long as T10 have more people modelling cars than PD have working on the whole game including track and car modelling. I think that is true as they outsource to two modelling companies or maybe just one now for FM4.

Finally why bring the 2 year development thing, it is not like they've been sitting doing nothing that contributes to FM4 before hand.

You do realize that, while those photos are nice, those plastic looking photos don't come remotely close to the AutoVista photos shown above.

You do realize that, while those photos are nice, those plastic looking photos don't come remotely close to the AutoVista photos shown above.
Exactly and I do give him credit for trying, because thats more than anyone else did when I presented the friendly challenge in post #46. I also appreciate his polite response. I also admit the Zonda R pic from GT5 does indeed look great.

So I can officially say again, nothing else out there touches Forza 4 graphically in Autovista mode. Which is exciting because up to this point GT5 didnt have much competition graphically, now T10 has raised the bar once again. Its great to have these 2 developers competing, because it just makes the games better and better.

That's what we all need; bar raising.

If GT hadn't been so good, FM would have never have tried so hard to one-up it with each release.

Kaz's staunch ignorance of competition is only harming his own product, not disparaging the competitor's.

That's what we all need; bar raising.

If GT hadn't been so good, FM would have never have tried so hard to one-up it with each release.

Kaz's staunch ignorance of competition is only harming his own product, not disparaging the competitor's.

Now, I sure hope that the bar raising isn't just limited to the graphics in Autovista. I'd be hard pressed to say that the excessive modelling of the premiumc ars (at least for the photo travel models) did more good than bad for the franchise, so I hope that T10 didn't make the same mistake.

Then again, T10 did some outsourcing... Well, we'll see, I guess. But it does look very good indeed, so 👍

Back