FM7 vs. PCars 2 vs. GT:Sport

As in foot to the floor hitting the rev limiter?

Also if it were faster and caused no damage then why has no race driver in history ever driven like that and why do all automatic and semi-automatic systems without a manual clutch also limit revs?

It's uncommon in cars with an H pattern, but people with bikes or anything with a sequential shifter will do it all the time other than when taking off for a standstill. All you have to do is lightly load the selector lever, and any lift of the throttle either from hitting the limiter or otherwise will click it into the next gear. You can actually do it going down the gears too, it just a bit harder to do it without chirping the wheels. Your claim that no race driver has ever driven that way is false, many have.

As far as limiting revs, that's to do with how the engine is built, not the gearbox (usually). Fundamentally it's the point at which something like the flywheel simply can't hold together under the rotational force any longer. Hence why small engines (with smaller parts) like a 250cc can rev to stupid numbers like 20k+. Every engine has a limit at which the materials it's made out of can't take it any more, and so that's the rev limit. Or a bit lower to account for a safety factor on road cars.

FYI, now that I have the Windows 10 Creator’s Update, I get force feedback in Forza 7 on PC with my accuforce. GIMX is not needed. FFB is OK, not as good as GT Sport or Project CARS 2.

FYI, now that I have the Windows 10 Creator’s Update, I get force feedback in Forza 7 on PC with my accuforce. GIMX is not needed. FFB is OK, not as good as GT Sport or Project CARS 2.

Can you post your in game settings for the force feedback? I personally find the FFB in Forza 7 to be much better than Pcars 2. I bought it on steam during the recent sale, refunded it the same day. First time I have ever refunded a racing game. Neither game is a patch on the FFB for Dirt Rally, Assetto Corsa, Raceroom, or iRacing though.

Can you post your in game settings for the force feedback? I personally find the FFB in Forza 7 to be much better than Pcars 2. I bought it on steam during the recent sale, refunded it the same day. First time I have ever refunded a racing game. Neither game is a patch on the FFB for Dirt Rally, Assetto Corsa, Raceroom, or iRacing though.

I can, but keep in mind that I am running an Accuforce direct drive wheel. My settings may not be a good baseline for folks that run other wheels, particularly non-direct drive wheels. Also keep in mind that for Project CARS 2, I use Sim Commander 4 FFB, plus I have Simvibe tactile feedback and so to some extent, its not a fair fight. Once Forza 7 gets a Sim Commander 4 profile, then comparing the FFB between the two sims with the Accuforce will be more fair.

I tried the Pc2 demo, feels pretty odd with the controller.
I'd try it out with a popular wheel on Xbox, but they haven't gotten around to that, well, ever.
I'm not even buying it for the $25 sale price, because why?

You know Pcars 2 doesn't even work with a G920, right?

Strange, I have no problem using my G920 on PCars 2 on PC. Works and feels great!

Strange, I have no problem using my G920 on PCars 2 on PC. Works and feels great!
Yeah it's a shame, something happens on Xbox1 that it doesn't work properly at all.

There is supposed to be a fix coming, so hopefully within a few months I can use a wheel because I can't stand it with a pad.

Hi guys. Well since we are allowed to compare these three games in this thread,, I'll go ahead and give my impressions on what I think so far....

I have NOT played more than only a few minutes of PCars 2 so far so I'll keep it out of this comparison. Anyway after playing both GT Sport and finally Forza 7(PC version mind you), I'm sorry guys but GT Sport absolutely OBLITERATES Forza 7....and it's not even close!!!

I mean, before playing both games I was certain I'd like Forza 7 better and almost didn't even buy a PS4 for GT Sport. But because it took so long for my PC parts to come in, I bought a PS4 and GT Sport to tide me over while I wait. I had a month long head start with GT Sport and I'll admit it may have made me slightly biased towards it, but after having finally played Forza 7 for the first time a few days ago, I honestly don't see how anyone can compare both games. GTS blows it out of the water both graphically and on the physics/handling side.

I'm using my Bodnar Direct Drive wheel with both games and cannot believe how much understeer the cars in Forza 7 have. Not to mention the weird braking behavior and how the cars sometimes break traction for no apparent reason, plus this weird thing with lift-off oversteer causing the cars to start drifting! I don't know what the heck is going on with this game. The cars simply handle in a bizzarre manner. It's not arcade and it's not sim, and it's not anything in-between, it's just.....strange.

The handling in GT Sport on the other hand feels sublime in comparison. Cars turn on a dime and respond to your wheel inputs perfectly. You feel everything the car is doing through the wheel and even catching slides is an effortless affair. Yes there can be a tad bit of understeer here and there on some cars, but it's nowhere NEAR as prevalent as in Forza 7.

As far the offline career goes, yeah I'll go ahead and give Forza the nod in this category. Very robust campaign and I really enjoy the whole car collect-a-thon aspect of it. Very RPG-ish and right up my alley. Haven't tried the online yet. As for the graphics, again....Forza loses big time to GTS. I honestly can't see how anyone can praise the looks of Forza. Maybe on a 4K HDR display it improves significantly, but on my lowly BenQ 1080P front projector, Forza pales in comparison to GTS. Hell I'd go as far as to say even some of Codemasters' older games like GRID 2, Dirt 3 and F1 2015 when set on max settings look better than Forza 7. The praise this game has gotten for its graphics just baffles me to no end, and I'm running it on an 8600K@5.3Ghz/1080Ti/32GB DDR4 rig with everything maxed to out. My PS4 pro is only 1/4th as powerful as my PC and PD has managed to build a game and squeeze out graphics that tear Forza 7 a new one! Unbelievable.

Anyway I just wanted to get this of my chest. I will continue playing GT Sport and I'd consider it my surprise hit of the year. The car handling, the excellent online match making and the beautiful graphics makes it a game I'll respect and love for a long time to come. Forza 7 on the other hand has disappointed me greatly. I honestly don't see myself coming to grips with the god awful car handling in that game. I don't even want to get started on the hoops I have to jump through just to get FFB out of the game to my wheel.....Forza 7 EmuWheel app *ON TOP* of GIMX! Absolutely ridiculous and even then the FFB STILL glitches out and stops working randomly at times. Ugh....what a shame.

Hi guys. Well since we are allowed to compare these three games in this thread,, I'll go ahead and give my impressions on what I think so far....

I have NOT played more than only a few minutes of PCars 2 so far so I'll keep it out of this comparison. Anyway after playing both GT Sport and finally Forza 7(PC version mind you), I'm sorry guys but GT Sport absolutely OBLITERATES Forza 7....and it's not even close!!!

I mean, before playing both games I was certain I'd like Forza 7 better and almost didn't even buy a PS4 for GT Sport. But because it took so long for my PC parts to come in, I bought a PS4 and GT Sport to tide me over while I wait. I had a month long head start with GT Sport and I'll admit it may have made me slightly biased towards it, but after having finally played Forza 7 for the first time a few days ago, I honestly don't see how anyone can compare both games. GTS blows it out of the water both graphically and on the physics/handling side.

I'm using my Bodnar Direct Drive wheel with both games and cannot believe how much understeer the cars in Forza 7 have. Not to mention the weird braking behavior and how the cars sometimes break traction for no apparent reason, plus this weird thing with lift-off oversteer causing the cars to start drifting! I don't know what the heck is going on with this game. The cars simply handle in a bizzarre manner. It's not arcade and it's not sim, and it's not anything in-between, it's just.....strange.

The handling in GT Sport on the other hand feels sublime in comparison. Cars turn on a dime and respond to your wheel inputs perfectly. You feel everything the car is doing through the wheel and even catching slides is an effortless affair. Yes there can be a tad bit of understeer here and there on some cars, but it's nowhere NEAR as prevalent as in Forza 7.

As far the offline career goes, yeah I'll go ahead and give Forza the nod in this category. Very robust campaign and I really enjoy the whole car collect-a-thon aspect of it. Very RPG-ish and right up my alley. Haven't tried the online yet. As for the graphics, again....Forza loses big time to GTS. I honestly can't see how anyone can praise the looks of Forza. Maybe on a 4K HDR display it improves significantly, but on my lowly BenQ 1080P front projector, Forza pales in comparison to GTS. Hell I'd go as far as to say even some of Codemasters' older games like GRID 2, Dirt 3 and F1 2015 when set on max settings look better than Forza 7. The praise this game has gotten for its graphics just baffles me to no end, and I'm running it on an 8600K@5.3Ghz/1080Ti/32GB DDR4 rig with everything maxed to out. My PS4 pro is only 1/4th as powerful as my PC and PD has managed to build a game and squeeze out graphics that tear Forza 7 a new one! Unbelievable.

Anyway I just wanted to get this of my chest. I will continue playing GT Sport and I'd consider it my surprise hit of the year. The car handling, the excellent online match making and the beautiful graphics makes it a game I'll respect and love for a long time to come. Forza 7 on the other hand has disappointed me greatly. I honestly don't see myself coming to grips with the god awful car handling in that game. I don't even want to get started on the hoops I have to jump through just to get FFB out of the game to my wheel.....Forza 7 EmuWheel app *ON TOP* of GIMX! Absolutely ridiculous and even then the FFB STILL glitches out and stops working randomly at times. Ugh....what a shame.
Sounds like your issue with the game is your wheel, and how they implement it, rather than the physics and gameplay itself. GTS does get a nod for it's lighting model though, thats a given. Both game have their own discrepancies with modeled vehicles though. As for physics, I'd like to note that I haven't played GTS, but before they where very easy to jump in to both with relative ease and I'm not hearing it being that different now adays. They have been pretty comparable to each other with their optimization and ease of entry, as they both aren't demanding games, physics wise, but have a deep enough real-life feel to them for what they set out to do.

Not to mention the weird braking behavior and how the cars sometimes break traction for no apparent reason, plus this weird thing with lift-off oversteer causing the cars to start drifting! I don't know what the heck is going on with this game. The cars simply handle in a bizzarre manner. It's not arcade and it's not sim, and it's not anything in-between, it's just.....strange.

It's weird, because when I switched from primarily GT to primarily Forza (I believe it was GT5 to Forza 4), I had the *exact* opposite sentiment. GT's handling has always felt odd to me. Everything understeered unintuitively, some high-downforce cars would have snap oversteer at high speed, and MR cars in general just felt odd. When I switched to Forza it felt amazing how everything was more predictable and understandable, everything turns in better and it's easier to control slides and/or understeer.

Also, the fact that you can actually feel weight transfer under cornering and braking, as well as the sublime vibrating triggers giving you an amazing precise feel of the front wheels, I find Forza's handling to be far and away the better of the two.

I guess everyone has a different perception of everything, but I've never felt right playing GT after the tire physics changes in FM4 and beyond.

It's weird, because when I switched from primarily GT to primarily Forza (I believe it was GT5 to Forza 4), I had the *exact* opposite sentiment. GT's handling has always felt odd to me. Everything understeered unintuitively, some high-downforce cars would have snap oversteer at high speed, and MR cars in general just felt odd. When I switched to Forza it felt amazing how everything was more predictable and understandable, everything turns in better and it's easier to control slides and/or understeer.

Also, the fact that you can actually feel weight transfer under cornering and braking, as well as the sublime vibrating triggers giving you an amazing precise feel of the front wheels, I find Forza's handling to be far and away the better of the two.

I guess everyone has a different perception of everything, but I've never felt right playing GT after the tire physics changes in FM4 and beyond.
I used to think that because I only played them on a controller, the dualshock sucks in comparison to the Xbox controllers in terms of vibration feedback or PD suck at getting decent performance out of it. Anyway switch to a wheel and it's like playing two completely different games feel wise, Forza turns to crap and GT suddenly gives feedback on what the car is doing.

Forza 7 is much improved on that front and haven't tried GT Sport to compare but I imagine it's still better on a wheel.

I used to think that because I only played them on a controller, the dualshock sucks in comparison to the Xbox controllers in terms of vibration feedback or PD suck at getting decent performance out of it. Anyway switch to a wheel and it's like playing two completely different games feel wise, Forza turns to crap and GT suddenly gives feedback on what the car is doing.

Forza 7 is much improved on that front and haven't tried GT Sport to compare but I imagine it's still better on a wheel.
Which still leads me to believe that the issues he's having is with the wheels themselves and how T10 implemented them, rather than the physics themselves.

I am with you as to the high quality of GT Sport, both in the graphics department, but also in the handling department. It looks fantastic even on my computer monitor, which only allows me to run it at 1080p, with supersampling courtesy of my PS4 Pro. Also, the online multiplayer is WAY cleaner and reliable than Forza ever has been. I have only had one or two disconnects, and only a handful of ramming incidents. The handling is also great, the force feedback and physics tell me exactly what the car is doing and just generally feel great with my GIMX enabled Accuforce direct drive wheel. Its a great game, and I agree its one of the surprise hits of the year.

That being said, I am not with you as to some of your thoughts about Forza 7. I am running it on my gaming PC at 7680 X 1440 with Gsync and it looks amazing, plus it is buttery smooth. I think your 1080p projector is causing the blemishes to be exaggerated because I only see sheer bliss, its the prettiest racing game I have ever played. The FFB and physics are not as good as GT Sport, but they are still nonetheless solid. I can tell what the car is doing, although to be fair, I do encounter some unexplained spins. That is what the rewind button is for.

In any event, there has never been a better time to be a sim racer. The wealth of options we have as to games and gear is unparalleled in the history of the genre. Its clearly the golden age of sim racing.

I am with you as to the high quality of GT Sport, both in the graphics department, but also in the handling department. It looks fantastic even on my computer monitor, which only allows me to run it at 1080p, with supersampling courtesy of my PS4 Pro. Also, the online multiplayer is WAY cleaner and reliable than Forza ever has been. I have only had one or two disconnects, and only a handful of ramming incidents. The handling is also great, the force feedback and physics tell me exactly what the car is doing and just generally feel great with my GIMX enabled Accuforce direct drive wheel. Its a great game, and I agree its one of the surprise hits of the year.

That being said, I am not with you as to some of your thoughts about Forza 7. I am running it on my gaming PC at 7680 X 1440 with Gsync and it looks amazing, plus it is buttery smooth. I think your 1080p projector is causing the blemishes to be exaggerated because I only see sheer bliss, its the prettiest racing game I have ever played. The FFB and physics are not as good as GT Sport, but they are still nonetheless solid. I can tell what the car is doing, although to be fair, I do encounter some unexplained spins. That is what the rewind button is for.

In any event, there has never been a better time to be a sim racer. The wealth of options we have as to games and gear is unparalleled in the history of the genre. Its clearly the golden age of sim racing.

Who is this masked man!??! ;)

All good dude. Yeah, 1080p projector can only go so far these days. Gonna try and be on the lookout for a 4K unit for a decent price next year. Im sure Forza will look much better then.

Not giving up on F7. Will continue tweaking wheel settings. I'm sure my current settings could use some refinements. Hopefully T10 can be persuaded to support Bodnar wheels sometime in the future.

Reading some stuff here really makes me laugh.
Older Codemasters games looks better than Forza 7? Um...ok :D Just not sure if you serious or just trying very cheap trolling.
People praising Forza graphics for a reason - because its NICE and looks awesome.Also keep in mind GTS has 1/4th of cars FM7 has,so concentrate on graphics alone wasnt to hard for PD i guess,since its lacking content big time.In fact,thats why i never kept playing GTS,thank god i didnt paid for it.
After reading your post i tried Forza 7 on my old 1080p monitor and it looks awesome.
I played GTS for a whole 2 days and i cant look at it-empty game,soulless tracks,its like in some heart transplant room.
Forza 7 won racing game of the year for a reason,and while each to they own with preferencies and taste,GOTY is a GOTY.I cant stand GTS - and i am GT fan since very 1st one.
GTS and FM7 are not even in same racing category-GTS should be compared to PC2,as they both clearly aiming for same customer,and i would pick PC2
any day over GTS,even with all problems it has.
As for Forza - its on its own,there is no more GT as we knew it.
Now - lets get back to glorious native 4K Forza 7 with 700+ cars :D

I buy a lot of racing games, but never liked Forza since the 360 days. The driving never felt authentic, imo. And they still haven't addressed the cockpit wheel rotation degree. A wheel should turn more than 45 degrees on hairpin turns. GT Sport really surprised me this year, it's extremely fun and the graphics are and sound is top notch.

GT Sport is the best racing game I own, ever.

I buy a lot of racing games, but never liked Forza since the 360 days. The driving never felt authentic, imo. And they still haven't addressed the cockpit wheel rotation degree. A wheel should turn more than 45 degrees on hairpin turns. GT Sport really surprised me this year, it's extremely fun and the graphics are and sound is top notch.

GT Sport is the best racing game I own, ever.
Care to explain what wasn't authentic?

I told you. But anyways, play what you like. I like GT Sport more than any other racer by a large margin.
No, you really didn't, but ok.

It happens too often that people come in and say how the physics are off, but can't seem to explain why. If you can't really explain why something is or isn't authentic, I'm not sure why they would state it.

Last edited:
No, you really didn't, but ok.

It happens too often that people come in and say how the physics are off, but can't seem to explain why. If you can't really explain why something is or isn't authentic, I'm not sure why they would state it.
I'm not one to get all technical, GT Sport physics just seem more believable to me.

That's fine, you just like it more is what it is. I wouldn't go calling it more authentic if you can't explain why, though.
But I did explain why. Read again, I said GT feels more like my real life car. But I agree I'm no expert on this and neither is anyone else in this thread.

But I did explain why. Read again, I said GT feels more like my real life car. But I agree I'm no expert on this and neither is anyone else in this thread.
Again, you really didn't explain anything pertaining to what was asked. You just said you thought it was more authentic without being able to explain how. You don't need to be an expert to actually have knowledge, and don't associate your lack of it against everyone else.

IMO two of the places where Forza drops the ball is the liftoff oversteer which is present on almost every car in game even on front engine rear wheel drive cars and for some strange reason when the rear tires loose grip from sliding the front tires seem to loose a lot as well which really makes no sense.

I haven't driven GTS so I can't say how they have handled the grip but I've always felt that Forza titles had exaggerated oversteer I've just learned to deal with it and have fun anyway ;)

I do think that FM7 drives better than FM6

Last edited:
Again, you really didn't explain anything pertaining to what was asked. You just said you thought it was more authentic without being able to explain how. You don't need to be an expert to actually have knowledge, and don't associate your lack of it against everyone else.
Lol what ever move along. I like gt way more. Period

Back