For all you GT collectors, heres the new memory card

  • Thread starter Thread starter GTXLR
  • 90 comments
  • 6,064 views
Messages
1,391
Messages
GTP_GTXLR
Messages
gtxlr
psbest02.jpg
 
Sold! :D
 
If I need a new memory card I'll get it. If I don't..meh.
Damn my lack of income :grumpy:
 
do all memory cards say 'magic gate' on them?

...what does it mean?
 
TheCracker
do all memory cards say 'magic gate' on them?

...what does it mean?
I think they make those memory cards.
 
ExigeExcel
Damn my lack of income :grumpy:

Don't you get Santa Claus is Wales? 💡 :P
 
TheCracker
do all memory cards say 'magic gate' on them?

...what does it mean?

:) It says it on the little flap where you put the card in on the PS2 too... or at least it does on the silver one! I don't know what it is on about though!!!
 
Cosmic
I think they make those memory cards.

Magic Gate is the compression and encryption system Sony use on the memory card, at least that what I heard.
 
ExigeExcel
If I need a new memory card I'll get it. If I don't..meh.
Damn my lack of income :grumpy:

I will DEFINATELY get a card dedicated just to GT4. I may even get one that compresses data if I find myself saving lots of Photomode stuff.
 
@Scaff: correct! 👍

@topic: it seems, if this is nippon-only so far.
I hope, we PALies get one too.
 
Don't you get Santa Claus is Wales? :P
Nah, we get some big fat guy, with a red face and with obvious signs of liver failure. :irked:
My x-mas list is already pretty filled up. GT4, Burnout 3, Ospeys top (local rugby team) Wales soccer top. Another memory card isn't really needed. If I do run out of room I'll delete a few of my brothers 20 or so wrestlers for Smackdown-HCTP.
 
can't say i'm really that bothered about what colour or design my memory cards are, once they are stuck into your PS2 who cares?


ExigeExcel - who's going to win the football then?
 
@TheCracker-Go to the October Chat thread for my full match prediction :D
 
Lethalchem
I will DEFINATELY get a card dedicated just to GT4. I may even get one that compresses data if I find myself saving lots of Photomode stuff.

There was a screen around here showing you could get 50 photo mode pics in JPEG format for printing per memory card.
 
I WANT that memory card! :yuck: :crazy: 👍 .....it looks soo cool......even though I have two another one wont hurt, what with all the photomode pics im gonna take!

Magic Gate is a storage technology developed by SONY, it is a really cool name, they use it on everything......but memory sticks are a bit off a rip off......in the end its the same MB's!

I don't know how good a white mem card will look in a black ps2......but I still want one!
 
So.... does anyone know how to obtain one?
 
^ no doubt they will be released when the game comes out in your country......They may even be bundled! you never know!......I can see it now...a little present from KY to encourage you to use photomode.....GT4 with free memory card.....gamecube do it all the time!
 
That's a japanese realese memory card, to go with the white PS2 that is coming out for GT4 also if I remember correctly, I doubt we'd see it in the US, if we do it won't be white, probably will be black.
 
The thing is that you can save your GT4 stats on your memory card! :D
 
GTXLR
There was a screen around here showing you could get 50 photo mode pics in JPEG format for printing per memory card.
I wonder if that's WITH or WITHOUT the actual gama data on the same card as well. Save a best lap or two along with game progress and photo mode pics and I imagine you'll fill up a card quick.
 
Damn that looks tight. I need a new one anyway, I'm running out of space.
 
Mukai
I hope, we PALies get one too.
Aren't memory cards non-regional? Because my cards that I bought here in North America work perfectly well with my copy of Prologue...Or does it have to do with hardware specs?
 
no they are not regional. Although i wouldn't recommend mixing data (Pal and NTSC), it doesn't affect the card. Its only Data.
 
RedOak
no they are not regional. Although i wouldn't recommend mixing data (Pal and NTSC), it doesn't affect the card. Its only Data.


Didn’t any of you people pick up the prologue memory card last year? I mix and match games from all regions on that card without any troubles whatsoever. In fact on the one card I have six varieties of Gran Turismo saves.

If you want the new card then I’m sure it will be available from play-asia.com shortly.

See last years prologue card below on left.
 

Attachments

  • compare.jpg
    compare.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 107
^ Well I have a JDM-spec memory card for PS1 and it works fin with all my USDM-spec memory (pirated or not).

BT-> I want one!! :guilty:
 
Back