For all you GT collectors, heres the new memory card

  • Thread starter Thread starter GTXLR
  • 90 comments
  • 6,064 views
looks like ill be getting one this week :) (well paying for it anyway) hopefully should arrive next week.

generally how good are play-asia.com with delivery times?
 
This is probably a stupid question, but are memory cards region-specific? Could someone buy this GT4 memory card and it would work on all region PS2s?
 
Majarvis
This is probably a stupid question, but are memory cards region-specific? Could someone buy this GT4 memory card and it would work on all region PS2s?
I had the same question and I found out that the cards are universal because you always just format them at the beginning.
 
from what ive read no they arent region specific. so you could buy one from japan and use it in another region.
 
I am going to buy one once there sold in the UK.
 
I'm so dejected that I can't even put it into words!


Subj: Your recent order from Play-Asia.com
Date: 1/31/2005 9:34:10 PM Pacific Standard Time
From: enquiry@play-asia.com
To: mclaren777
Sent from the Internet (Details)

Dear Luke,

This is an e-mail regarding your pending order. Even though we have tried very hard to track down your ordered product(s), we are very sorry to inform you that we had to cancel the following order item(s) due to unavailability:

Memory Card 8MB Premium Series - Gran Turismo 4 (PlayStation2)

Your credit card has not been charged for this item yet.

We are very sorry about the inconvenience caused.

Your Play-Asia.com Customer Service
http://www.play-asia.com
 
I got the same email as well :( I can't believe they sold out so quickly, I placed my order on January 5th, and they still couldn't track one down. This outright sucks 👎
 
I would never try Ebay. I've heard many problems about the ordering and shipping due that EBay is just for people to sell their stuff.

I got an e-mail from Amazon.com...

They seem to be out as well.
 
Looks like I wasn't the only one that ordered it too late.

The pisser of it is that, when I placed the order, it was showing in-stock and shipping soon. Apparently not. I guess everyone else probably saw the same thing.
 
I already have 2 memory cards of which one hardly has any saves on it, but I might buy this one, just so I know which memory card to definitely NOT **** with, and then maybe keep a backup on the other memory card.
 
smellysocks12
I already have 2 memory cards of which one hardly has any saves on it, but I might buy this one.

You missed the last few posts, didn't you? The part where it's sold out?
 
i wonder if the stores in this mall nearby me has it...
i've seen they have other cards like the japanese drum ones and some other weird one.... i should go check.... hehehe
CAD$35 each though...
 
McLaren F1GTR
I would never try Ebay. I've heard many problems about the ordering and shipping due that EBay is just for people to sell their stuff.

I got an e-mail from Amazon.com...

They seem to be out as well.

ebay is great. it just depends on the buyer/seller. ive done a few transactions on ebay and they all went quite smoothly. i got the item i bid for and shipping was good also. dont knock it till you try it 👍 (be sure to look at the users feedback)
 
I have the white GT4 Prologue one that I'm using for my Prologue save game and my GT4 save game... not sure whether I really need another seeing as I have seven already heh
 
I want that... Please tell me if there's any other way to obtain it..
 
Jedi2016
Looks like I wasn't the only one that ordered it too late.

The pisser of it is that, when I placed the order, it was showing in-stock and shipping soon. Apparently not. I guess everyone else probably saw the same thing.
Same here, big let down... :indiff:
 
marduke
from what ive read no they arent region specific. so you could buy one from japan and use it in another region.

They aren't region specific, but the data you save on it will be.

For example, if you have a US version of say, GT3 and save your game, you won't be able to load it on a Euro/Australian/whatever version of the game. It's obvious it won't work for games in different languages, but it won't work even if the language is the same.
 
Jedi2016
You missed the last few posts, didn't you? The part where it's sold out?
:lol:

I too am gutted... but, fair play to Play-Asia, they have already refunded my money (I paid with PayPal), so you can't fault their customer service at least..

I'm not going to hold my breath for a UK release of the elusive GT4 Memory Card though, despite the massive demand... I never saw a Prologue card in any UK shops either...

TM
 
It's still 8mb :(

I really thought and hoped this one would finally have the double or so.

But probably there is a reason for it. If it is only 8MB, people buy a second one, would it be 16MB, people don't.
 
nah no point got an unofficial one it works jus the same
 
hey i live in U.S so where can i get a us version gt4 memory card.



P.S would the Japanese gt4 memory card work on my us ps2.
 
I'm starting to think I'll just make my own. Go buy a normal memory card, and print out my own GT4 vinyl sticker for it. Or not. I dunno. I do need another memory card, though.. the one I have will barely fit the game-save on there, so there won't be any room for replays or Photo Mode settings or anything.
 
Jedi2016
I'm starting to think I'll just make my own. Go buy a normal memory card, and print out my own GT4 vinyl sticker for it. Or not. I dunno. I do need another memory card, though.. the one I have will barely fit the game-save on there, so there won't be any room for replays or Photo Mode settings or anything.
Yeah, I'm thinking about doing the same actually. Know of anywhere online to find GT4 stickers that are small enough to fit on a memory card? That would be the simplest solution, as I don't know of anywhere around where I live that could print off vinyl stickers from a jpeg (or can any printing place do it, such as Kinkos or Staples?)
 
Hiya! :D :O :lol: Meow! (='.'=)

I need to hurry up and get a reservation of that memory card from Gameplay! :O Gameplay is another game store that is similar to Gamestop/EB Games but they sell some import games and merchandise! :O
 
McLaren'sAngel
Hiya! :D :O :lol: Meow! (='.'=)

I need to hurry up and get a reservation of that memory card from Gameplay! :O Gameplay is another game store that is similar to Gamestop/EB Games but they sell some import games and merchandise! :O
Good luck. If Asian websites can't even get their hands on them, what chances do you think any other site will have?
And also, why must you start ever post in the way that you do, it's so... annoying pointless...
 
Jedi2016
I'm starting to think I'll just make my own. Go buy a normal memory card, and print out my own GT4 vinyl sticker for it. Or not. I dunno. I do need another memory card, though.. the one I have will barely fit the game-save on there, so there won't be any room for replays or Photo Mode settings or anything.
If it ends up looking good, I'll pay you $5 for a sticker.
 
Back