For all you GT collectors, heres the new memory card

  • Thread starter Thread starter GTXLR
  • 90 comments
  • 6,064 views
code_kev
8mb....great.

want some cheese with your whine? :dopey:

I think the world should ban code_kev from serious conversation from games, seeing as how he is a technology whore :P he seems to care little about the games themselves, only how good they look and how much he can fit on his harddrive 👍
 
ExigeExcel
Nah, we get some big fat guy, with a red face and with obvious signs of liver failure. :irked:

Who? Benny Hill?
:lol:

May have to give Play Asia some business since I won't be importing the actual game anymore.
 
tha_con
want some cheese with your whine? :dopey:

I think the world should ban code_kev from serious conversation from games, seeing as how he is a technology whore :P he seems to care little about the games themselves, only how good they look and how much he can fit on his harddrive 👍

"I say we should ban...." whu whu what? Who are you? The admin?

Put down your pitchfork.

The memory card looks cool, but how much are they charging for it? If it's not "collector price", I'm gonna pick one up.
 
Samberto, you beat me. When I ordered the white PS2 & Prologue Racing Pack, I couldn't resist. Now they're gone, sold out.

(White Racing Pack...the one with a buggy Jpn Prolougue & no support for the Red Momo...)
 
Based on what I read, the XBOX needs not a Memory Card because it has a built-in hard drive. I'm not trying to drink Code's Kool-Aid, but there's a nice feature over the PS2.

But for those who want to ban Code_kev, start a campaign elsewhere. Meanwhile, nice Memory Card. It's a nice way to represent your favorite racing game. You know, represent like your favorite TV show, favorite college, favorite NFL team, favorite college team (Red River Shootout... Beat Oklahoma University, Texas! Win one for us Texans!), or whatever. Much like how the Gamecube has two different types of Memory Cards with different denominations of allowable space, I wish the PS2 would come up with some 16 MB card. I know that there are some where you can switch the different bits of space, but if there is a such thing as a 16 MB Memory Card the way I've described, let me know.

Small comment, McLaren. Take out one of the underscores ( _ ) so that the little kitty in your signature doesn't look like it has an ear hanging off of it on the side. You dig me, playerette? Anyhow, the new Memory Card is more like a fashion statement to match your GT collection. Of course since we have a lady in this thread, she would know best about fashion statements and matching things.

Anyhow, I'm done here, so chicken fight, reply, or do whatever the heck you want. John out.
 
They should do a deal for those of us who don't have a PS2 yet:

- GT4 Edition PS2 (in the colour of your choice).
- Gran Turismo 4 (naturally).
- GT4 Memory Card (in line with the theme here).
- Driving Force Pro Steering Wheel.
- McLaren F1 to practice in.

Yep, that about wraps it up nicely (though the last two options would be just that, optional). All for just, oh say, AUS$450? Sounds like a fair deal to me! Add about $5 postage and handling and get it delivered to your door. Mind you, that F1 is kinda big so the posties might complain ...
 
looks good to me, ill get one if they are released in Australia.
 
The GT4 mem card is looking sexy. Does anyone know where you can find the GT4:P mem card? Everywhere I check it's sold out.
 
If they become available I'll get one (with my new slimline PSTWO :dopey: ). Also,hope they let us have more than one game save on each card.
 
I've got the GT4 prologue memorycard! same colors and case, only Gran Turismo 4 Prologue written on it. actually i've got it several months now.
i'm unable to find a picture of the memorycard...
 
alibi
I've got the GT4 prologue memorycard! same colors and case, only Gran Turismo 4 Prologue written on it. actually i've got it several months now.
i'm unable to find a picture of the memorycard...
^ You exactly how to waste your money.
 
I was just about to buy this when I realized I can't find the link to the online store anymore. I think it was Asian and their charge for worldwide shipping was less than $2.

Anybody know what place I'm talking about?
 
as snazzy as it looks, I'm gonna get a MAX-drive which I read about on another thread - seems a less expensive and more versatile alternative to another memory card
 
I bought one a week ago on Ebay. Also picked up one of the promotional clocks. Can't wait to get 'em
 
asv
as snazzy as it looks, I'm gonna get a MAX-drive which I read about on another thread - seems a less expensive and more versatile alternative to another memory card

You do realize that a MAXDrive is not a memory card, right? It cannot hold your save-game, only Photo Mode pictures. In order to get your GT4 save game onto it, you'd have to save it a normal memory card first, pop out the GT4 disc, put in the Datel disc, and copy the GT4 file from the memory card to the MAXDrive.

Given the size of the GT4 save-file (2MB+), I might look at getting one of these. Are there any indications of an American release for them? Will imported memory cards work in an American PS2? (I'm assuming they do, but it never hurts to ask).
 
mclaren777
Nevermind, I found it. This is probably the best $30.30 I've ever spent.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-p-70-dce.html#

it's not the best 30 you have spent, you can rest assured.

memory cards are were overpriced when the PS2 was introduced, but now it's just insane, 8 MB for 30 bucks? it's a rip off.
if you allready own a memory card, get a max drive and one memory card will be all you ever need.
 
Jedi2016
You do realize that a MAXDrive is not a memory card, right? It cannot hold your save-game, only Photo Mode pictures. In order to get your GT4 save game onto it, you'd have to save it a normal memory card first, pop out the GT4 disc, put in the Datel disc, and copy the GT4 file from the memory card to the MAXDrive.

Given the size of the GT4 save-file (2MB+), I might look at getting one of these. Are there any indications of an American release for them? Will imported memory cards work in an American PS2? (I'm assuming they do, but it never hurts to ask).

Memory cards aren't region specific, so if you want to play 30 bucks for a logo you're all set. ^_^(i got a max drive instead, allready own a memory card, and with the max drive it's all i'll ever need, besides since the only real competition in GT4 is time attacks so in order to view other people's times you'd need something like it.)
 
SaintKamus
it's not the best 30 you have spent, you can rest assured.

memory cards are were overpriced when the PS2 was introduced, but now it's just insane, 8 MB for 30 bucks? it's a rip off.
if you allready own a memory card, get a max drive and one memory card will be all you ever need.
Two memories just aren't enough for:

All my GT3 stuff
Ratchet and Clank 1 and 2
Ferrari F355 Challenge
SOCOM I and II
F1 2000 Championship Season
Baldur's Gate I
Formula One 2001
TimeSplitters 2
WRC
tons of other stuff...

Besides, all 8mb are going to be reserved for GT4 so I think it's pretty cool to have a special card.
 
Well, if I'm going to be saving tons of replays and such, plus the garage full of cars (I don't plan on selling anything.. hehe), it makes sense to get a second memory card. The price seems about the same between this one and a normal card, so it almost makes sense to have the pretty logo on it. :D
 
mclaren777
Two memories just aren't enough for:

All my GT3 stuff
Ratchet and Clank 1 and 2
Ferrari F355 Challenge
SOCOM I and II
F1 2000 Championship Season
Baldur's Gate I
Formula One 2001
TimeSplitters 2
WRC
tons of other stuff...

Besides, all 8mb are going to be reserved for GT4 so I think it's pretty cool to have a special card.

it's not special at all, it's the same thing, just different paintjob :lol:
 
Well, look at it this way... you'll know exactly what's on it, without having to pop it into the PS2, and without having to dirty it up with a label! :)
 
As soon as GT4 comes out, I'm picking up one of these if it's available at the time. Out out of space on both of my memory cards right now (Madden takes up too much room!).
 
well seeing as I LIVE in japan and i can get THESE y dont people email me or PM me ....see all those icons.


my fellow GTers ill go pick this up for u ...why ...becuase i love gt just like u :D



i make ebay auctions, costs about 120 Yen to mail this to anyone.


<<< that means i have msn yahoo and aim lol
 
SaintKamus
it's not special at all, it's the same thing, just different paintjob :lol:
Yeah, I know that, but it's the cool "paint job" that makes it desirable.
 
Back