For Hip-Hop heads only: What's your favorite old school joint?Music 

• Thread starter s0nny80y
  • 312 comments
Best bar in rap history:

Look at the wiggle, look at them shake./
Man, them titties too damn big cuz are they real or are they fake?/

Any thing of Dr Dre-Chronic 1993 thats a classic album or snoop dogg-Doggystyle 1993 those albums are awsome. oh and warren g regulate.
I've got Doggystyle on CD. Its a classic.

I also have Short Dog's In the House by Too Short, originally purchased back in 1990 and given to me by a family member. He was so good, too bad his new music sucks.

Haven't visited this thread in a lonnng time.

Quite like this at the mo, Haven't heard him for ages.

Grand Daddy I.U. (language warning)

Can't beat a bit of old 'Nice & Smooth'

No Delayin

Loved this, back in the day.

Xzibit (+ Likwid crew + Diamond D on the beats) 'Bird's eye view'

(language warning)

Really love this 'Diamond D' track, as well. (He's one of my favourite producer/artists of all time.

(language warning)

Funnily enough, that's my mate 'Keith', on the 'Diam Piece' album cover, and it was taken by one of my best friends 'Pritpal', outside his house in the UK.

[EDIT]

How could i forget some 'Percee P & Dudley Perkins'

Infact, anything on 'Stonesthrow' is awesome!

Last edited:
Another classic of equal weight to that ^ (imo).

[EDIT]

And since it's saturday.. couldn't think of anything more fitting :)

At 2.17mins, the best use of 'Light My Fire' ever to be used in hip hop.

Last edited:
Anyone listen to Action Bronson's new album? It's a huge disappointment for me. The Alchemist is the worst producer ever. The only good song is Brand New Car, and that's because it samples Billy Joel. The rest of it is a **** show. I don't know how much dab they smoked before they thought the album sounded good, but I'd bet you could re-smoke the residue they must have left all over the equipment in the studio.

Anyone listen to Action Bronson's new album? It's a huge disappointment for me. The Alchemist is the worst producer ever. The only good song is Brand New Car, and that's because it samples Billy Joel. The rest of it is a **** show. I don't know how much dab they smoked before they thought the album sounded good, but I'd bet you could re-smoke the residue they must have left all over the equipment in the studio.

I've been keeping an eye on this album but from what I've heard across the web it's not living up to the hype train. Shame.

It's an alright album, but I'm more disappointed in the production. A lot of things are mixed together out of key. It's just not amazing. Bronson's lyrics are pretty much par for the course, except this time it's more about drugs and being precious than his mixtapes which were almost 100% about smoking weed and fellatio.

Action Bronson is a fat, disgusting jewish kid who became a chef to have a steady job and stay out of jail unlike his loser cousin. Then he started rapping and got picked up by Munchies. His whole career is a hype train.

Expecting Bronson to be anything other than a terrible rapper. Hahaha.

Stuff I've been digging recently:

Freddie Gibbs - Pronto EP
Joey Badass - Preception vs Reality and his feature on the Flatbush Zombies track Did U Ever Think
Bishop Nehru - Harmony in a Glass
Earl Sweatshirt - I Don't Like S***, I Don't Go Outside

90's classic.
(language warning)

This isn't my usual kind of hip hop i like, but i remember quite liking this particular tune back in the 90's

Yeah that Bankhead Bounce track is all classic miami bass sequences. Just like how New Orleans Bounce is just the triggerman beat six ways from sunday. There's actually a miami bass museum that curates all that stuff. They have a youtube channel with pretty much everything ever produced if you want to check out some new tunes.

WHERE HAS THIS THREAD BEEN MY WHOLE LIFE???

I'm gonna just list 3 of MANY songs I still listen to.

Nas - Memory Lane

Mobb Deep - Quiet Storm

T.R.O.Y - Pete Rock & CL Smooth

"I walk around with a frown , got no reason to smile
and how will i make it? i won't , that's how"

Sad , because he really didn't make it , RIP Big L.

big-l1.jpg

My friends album dropped today

Go get it or at least have a listen.

Back