For Hip-Hop heads only: What's your favorite old school joint?Music 

  • Thread starter Thread starter s0nny80y
  • 330 comments
  • 51,824 views


 
Last edited:
Rest in peace Sean Price....one of most underrated & best to hold the piece of steel. You'll be deeply missed.

 


'Thinking back', it's what comes to mind first when I think of old-school fave, probably because I was in that 'gangsta' phase back then when I didn't know 🤬.
 
Sad to learn about the passing of Sean Price, R.I.P.

Was listening to this track only the other day.

(language warning)





Bonus bit of old school classic:






Love this:

(language warning)





(language warning)




(language warning)

 
Last edited:
Redman - Da Ill Out
BCC - Headz Are Reddee Pt.2
MC Eiht - Ain't Nuttin' But Killin'
MC Eiht - One Less
Redhead Kingpin & The FBI - Do The Right Thing








 
Saw Krush Groove at the theatre when I was a kid.
Fat Boys - All You Can Eat

My son loves this track.
 
Fugees - Cowboys
Outsidaz - The Rah Rah
Beatnuts - Watch Out Now
Beatnuts - Off The Books



 
Good ol 1989, I still have this on cassette.
 
Hah. Scanned the first two pages, saw a LOT of what I'd think of as "Mid School" nowadays. All you young cats, man. ;)

Fave Old-School joint is probably between Slick Rick's Children's Story:



and Eric B & Rakim's Paid in Full:

 






 
That time of the year...
 


"I'm ready to meet him cause where I'm livin ain't right
Black hate white, white hate black, it's right back to the same fight
They got us suspectin a war
But the real war is to follow the law of the lord"

...

This track makes you think ...
 
I'd like 80's rap just as much as 90's, it just depends on the situation and how i feel. In my opinion 80's rap is more about 'the message' and 90's more feel good music. Group Home - Supa Star has to be my all time favourite rap song.

80's favourites:




90's favourites:


 
Last edited:
Was trying to think of something a little bit different to throw in here...these guys became quite a favorite of mine, The Cactus Album is great and still a regular on my playlist :)



 
Picked this up for kicks this morning after getting gas:



(jungleboogie)
 
I really do prefer beat tapes. Only a minority of rappers is able to rhyme on the melody IMO and on top of that I need one that says something apart from that he's the greatest all the time. Difficult :p

Hence a fat J and this:



= a relaxing evening.
 
So Tribe dropped their final album last week...

Thoughts?
 
3rd bump in a row, where my peeps at :P?

 
Back