Forcednduckshn's Lounge - Clean Spec Racing

day 3 of my trainer kicking my butt. at least my flu is going away so i feel like i have some strength. i will probably pop on every now in again online when i have a spare hour or so. i wont be a stranger.

Goin to the gym on your own wasn't enough? Are you still sticking to the one Klondike a day diet?

I'm not going to have anything to do tonight other than my taxes... so if anyone wants to play tonight you'll save me from that drudgery.

I'm so jealous of that elise right now...such a beautiful car. Any chance you boys will be getting online ever again?

Can't wait to get back online as soon as I get back home from FL, so maybe Tuesday evening. Will be nice to finally enjoy this game and not have to practice :)

Forced- both are off the ground, just because she just happened to catch me at just the right time going over the crest.

Can't wait to get back online as soon as I get back home from FL, so maybe Tuesday evening. Will be nice to finally enjoy this game and not have to practice :)

Forced- both are off the ground, just because she just happened to catch me at just the right time going over the crest.

Haha nice!

This is one of my personal faves. My brother (joeyfast22) in a c-stock MR2 spyder at the Solo Nationals (Topeka):

img_4049-Joe.jpg

I'm so jealous of that elise right now...such a beautiful car. Any chance you boys will be getting online ever again?

Stig I'll definitely be on in a few weeks or so, just taking a break to take care of business (moving to a new condo, got a new job, selling the s2000, etc.)

I'll let you know when I start getting back on more frequently and will post when I start hosting lobbies with regularity again - though I don't come on these forums nearly as much now that the GT-Academy is over for me this year. It's bittersweet to read about everything, a mixed feeling of emotion, being so pysched to be rooting on my friends and seeing them do well (Glenn, Nick and others), but still dealing with the very difficult sting of knowing how I would have fared in Florida, considering my track record in online racing versus the top 16! Anyway, same old song and dance. My sig sums it up. But we'll be doing some racing for sure real soon!

P.S. where did you buy your G27 again?

Nick

Conman_Skills
Good luck spec, lol I started mine today and found myself in fetal position in the corner of my room 30minutes in. We'll see bout 2morrow, actually looking forward 2 it tho.

Ha ha! Thanks dude, we'll see how it turns out. Mine arrives tomorrow, so the work begins then. Good luck with the program!

I'm just going to run (bought shoes tonight) and stretching, etc. I'm not exactly out of shape just need to make sure I can run for miles without passing out. :P

Stig I'll definitely be on in a few weeks or so, just taking a break to take care of business (moving to a new condo, got a new job, selling the s2000, etc.)

I'll let you know when I start getting back on more frequently and will post when I start hosting lobbies with regularity again - though I don't come on these forums nearly as much now that the GT-Academy is over for me this year. It's bittersweet to read about everything, a mixed feeling of emotion, being so pysched to be rooting on my friends and seeing them do well (Glenn, Nick and others), but still dealing with the very difficult sting of knowing how I would have fared in Florida, considering my track record in online racing versus the top 16! Anyway, same old song and dance. My sig sums it up. But we'll be doing some racing for sure real soon!

P.S. where did you buy your G27 again?

Nick

:) Bought the g27 through amazon from circuit city. Just started playing f1 2010 tonight to gain some "sim variety" and holy crap. It's no wonder choate can drive gt5...f1 is SO MUCH HARDER. It's actually difficult.....not something I was expecting out of a ps3...

By the way, nick, pm me if you don't have a buyer for the s2000 yet. I'm interested :D

edit: lol love the pic of joey drivin the mrs.

I'll get on in prob a week or two, been playing the mindless Little Big Planet 2 with my girl for the moment, which is actually a nice change up after the last couple of weeks of insanity.

Great to see pics of Nick & Joey AutoXing!

Finally back home after an absolutely crazy spring break! I just wanted to throw down a final shout out to Forced and Blindside for having some absolutely key lounges in the month leading up the national finals. I can guarantee I wouldn't have made it to the next round if I hadn't participated in the racing that took place as a result of this forum. You guys are awesome, and I can't begin to you enough for creating the right space for quality training. I'd also like to thank ALL the other players I raced against last month that filled these lounges as you guys were also key to my success out in Florida. Thanks again!

Cheers,

Sean

You gents gonna keep this going? Most of my North America buddies have moved on and I've been looking for a nice group to do more real online racing with. I'll send out friend requests and start hitting the rooms at night if you don't mind a slower guy looking to learn about being fast. I race under GTP_LinPark - thanks!

:) Bought the g27 through amazon from circuit city. Just started playing f1 2010 tonight to gain some "sim variety" and holy crap. It's no wonder choate can drive gt5...f1 is SO MUCH HARDER. It's actually difficult.....not something I was expecting out of a ps3...

By the way, nick, pm me if you don't have a buyer for the s2000 yet. I'm interested :D

edit: lol love the pic of joey drivin the mrs.

Sounds good man!!! I'm going to snatch up the next one that comes available for a great price. How soon did you get yours from the point you ordered it?

The s2000 is still available my friend. Drove it to work today. Man, will I miss it when it's gone.

Thanks, that stock MRS suspension + Hoosiers = big time wheel lift lol

I'll get on in prob a week or two, been playing the mindless Little Big Planet 2 with my girl for the moment, which is actually a nice change up after the last couple of weeks of insanity.

Great to see pics of Nick & Joey AutoXing!

👍:)

Definitely - they are the real deal 👍
I had a ton of fun running with them last weekend - and hope to do it again soon...

Thanks Nick, you are the real deal as well 👍. I'll shoot you an email tonight. I will try to sneak in another one with you for sure ASAP. We'll try to do Devens if possible so it's "equidistant" for both us. Devens will also have real SCCA speed and course length more similar to what you'll experience in Silverstone. Now that you have gotten a good feel for AutoX, we'll step it up a few notches and do an event where I'll drive just soley with you, in a conventional, more strict Autocross environment with gridding and run groups where we can focus solely on the M3. Most importantly, this will allow us both to get the same amount of runs, with each of us getting optimal and identical tire temps, pressure and track conditions. The event we did, in particular the very cold ambient conditions when running Rcomps made the grip of the tires highly volatile. There was easily a 2+ second difference in grip depending on when we got the car. Next event should be way better. Logistically speaking, it may be difficult to run with you, since alot of my free time now is going to be spent testing/setting up the miata with Joey in preparation for a National Event in May. But we should definitely do another one before Silverstone if at all possible. 👍

Sounds good man!!! I'm going to snatch up the next one that comes available for a great price. How soon did you get yours from the point you ordered it?

The s2000 is still available my friend. Drove it to work today. Man, will I miss it when it's gone.

Thanks, that stock MRS suspension + Hoosiers = big time wheel lift lol

It came in 3 days :dopey: I was psyched...still am actually....

As I have 2 cars and I'm going off to school I'm looking to sell them both and get something a bit less....practical :lol: I'll be in touch about that s2k :)

edit: When's the devens event? As I'm making a few weekend trips up to the northeast in the month of april I'd love to stop by and watch

Finally back home after an absolutely crazy spring break! I just wanted to throw down a final shout out to Forced and Blindside for having some absolutely key lounges in the month leading up the national finals. I can guarantee I wouldn't have made it to the next round if I hadn't participated in the racing that took place as a result of this forum. You guys are awesome, and I can't begin to you enough for creating the right space for quality training. I'd also like to thank ALL the other players I raced against last month that filled these lounges as you guys were also key to my success out in Florida. Thanks again!

Cheers,

Sean

Happy to have you Sean, thanks for coming! Now you must go out and kick some butt in Silverstone! Great job getting there man!

It came in 3 days :dopey: I was psyched...still am actually....

As I have 2 cars and I'm going off to school I'm looking to sell them both and get something a bit less....practical :lol: I'll be in touch about that s2k :)

edit: When's the devens event? As I'm making a few weekend trips up to the northeast in the month of april I'd love to stop by and watch

Sounds good! :)

You gents gonna keep this going? Most of my North America buddies have moved on and I've been looking for a nice group to do more real online racing with. I'll send out friend requests and start hitting the rooms at night if you don't mind a slower guy looking to learn about being fast. I race under GTP_LinPark - thanks!

Yeah. Once I get settled in to my new place with new equipment, I'm targeting at least twice a week, 2hour sessions. More as time allows. Shoot me a friend request if you want in 👍

^^^

Brock, I'll definitely be joining :)

To all, I will be getting back online after a many-month break and will host the lobby with regularity for those that want to run in the "lobby to end all lobbies....LOL!!!!" Hahaha I just had to throw it in there. Anyway, I hope all of you are doing well these past few months. I've been kicking butt nationally in SCCA Autocross, and just took my first stock class heat win on Sunday at the SCCA Dover National tour codriving a friends S2000 CR in B-Stock. I even took PAX FTD with it! Was a special moment. Anyway, now that the autocross season is going to die down a little bit, I hope to be online in the coming weeks. See you all around!!

Nick

^^^

Unfortunately, the series has been cancelled. Something about a lack of online competition amongst the GT5 crowd and potentially making a switch to iRacing.

However, if you are looking for some close competition with clean racers you should check out R1600Turbo's Flyin' Miata Super Cup series. We run two different races, each with their own "spec" Miata, on Sunday night's and it is the most fun I have had racing GT5 online. We try to run the series as professional as possible, as indicated by the fact that we have a real life sponsor, and are always looking for input on how to improve the series.

Hope to see you out there!

:cheers: :gtpflag:

^^^

To all, I will be getting back online after a many-month break and will host the lobby with regularity for those that want to run in the "lobby to end all lobbies....LOL!!!!" Hahaha I just had to throw it in there. Anyway, I hope all of you are doing well these past few months. I've been kicking butt nationally in SCCA Autocross, and just took my first stock class heat win on Sunday at the SCCA Dover National tour codriving a friends S2000 CR in B-Stock. I even took PAX FTD with it! Was a special moment. Anyway, now that the autocross season is going to die down a little bit, I hope to be online in the coming weeks. See you all around!!

Nick

Cripes nick it's been a while :D Sounds like you've been busy! You joined Iracing yet?

Unfortunately, the series has been cancelled. Something about a lack of online competition amongst the GT5 crowd and potentially making a switch to iRacing.

However, if you are looking for some close competition with clean racers you should check out R1600Turbo's Flyin' Miata Super Cup series. We run two different races, each with their own "spec" Miata, on Sunday night's and it is the most fun I have had racing GT5 online. We try to run the series as professional as possible, as indicated by the fact that we have a real life sponsor, and are always looking for input on how to improve the series.

Hope to see you out there!

:cheers: :gtpflag:

Aww, sad to hear! I PM'd Brock about it and got the news. I may have a go at Iracing when the "real" racing season dies down here in the northeast. In the meantime, I want to fire up my new DFGT and get back in to the swing of things. I'll definitely check out R1600's flyin miata cup series! Much appreciate for the invite!

Nick

Cripes nick it's been a while :D Sounds like you've been busy! You joined Iracing yet?

Pat!!! Dude, I'm sorry I never called you back on your visit to UConn. Life has been insane lately. I totally forgot and when I remembered it was like 2 weeks later. I'm so sorry!!! Have you made the decision to become a Husky? If so, we get beers! If not, we get beers get next year in Florida, ok? :)

Not on I-racing yet...

Nick

P.S. Nice sig ;)

Pat!!! Dude, I'm sorry I never called you back on your visit to UConn. Life has been insane lately. I totally forgot and when I remembered it was like 2 weeks later. I'm so sorry!!! Have you made the decision to become a Husky? If so, we get beers! If not, we get beers get next year in Florida, ok? :)

Not on I-racing yet...

Nick

P.S. Nice sig ;)

Haha no problem man :D Life's been crazy on this end too :P I'm heading off to kettering instead of UConn, couldn't say no to bimonthly track events and getting paid for goin to school :)

Florida it is ;)

PS Thought you might like that ;)

Haha no problem man :D Life's been crazy on this end too :P I'm heading off to kettering instead of UConn, couldn't say no to bimonthly track events and getting paid for goin to school :)

Florida it is ;)

PS Thought you might like that ;)

Sorry to eve's drop. I went to keetering for a semester back in 2005. Wish I would have stayed but I was "homesick".... :ouch: Definitely a great school and their co-op program is awesome. Good luck. 👍

Rated-M3
Sorry to eve's drop. I went to keetering for a semester back in 2005. Wish I would have stayed but I was "homesick".... :ouch: Definitely a great school and their co-op program is awesome. Good luck. 👍

Not a problem man :) Thanks I can't wait!

Back