Ford mark 4 or Ferrari 330 P4?

  • Thread starter Thread starter kingstang5oh
  • 64 comments
  • 11,506 views
Either one would have been a good call :)
 
Now get the Ferrari, you won't be sorry... :)
 
I have all three cr.20,000,000 cars and the Ford Mark IV is my favourite by far... looks best and sounds god-like...

I'm actually so sad I'm gonna buy that car today after griding with my enzo... :sly:

Then I'll have two... 👍

Ferrari doesn't look as good imo...
 
i have both and i personally think the ford is easier to drive but i mean... the 330 p4 just looks perfect, its so pretty!! so i would prefer the ferrari. i think both cars are really just for show anyways so why not choose the better looking one
 
I thought it wasn't until '66 when the GT40 was run that Fords and their first major Le Mans win. Hang on, what year is the Ford MKIV? :confused:

The MK IV is actually a GT40 MK IV of 67.

So if you have already got a GT40 '69, which is a price car, you might want to go for the Ferrari.

The GT40 winning in 1968 and 1969, chassis 1075 was a Mk I.

You can indeed look in the "Car sharing" link in my signature below and borrow it to try!
 
Ater grinding 24 laps with an Enzo I reached cr.20,000,000 :dopey:

After a minute I had cr.0,000,000 though :guilty: I bought my first 20million car and my second Ford Mark IV :sly:
 
I'm curious, why a second one? I admit it is an amazing car !!
 
Now, don't forget to take that car over to the Historic Cup in Expert and win with it to claim your Dream Race trophy! 👍

Just make sure that if you use the Ford, the Ferrari and the Jaguar are also in the line-up for the race. ;)

The Ford has the 2nd coolest sound in the game for me. The '69 Camaro Z28 RM is my number one. :cool:
 
Ford has less HP tuned but if tuned right can outrun a Ferrari in a drag race with ease. Looks good and sounds amazing with that juicy American V8 in it.
 
Just so I have a 0 mileage model :)

I tested all three '67 cars today... all with Racing Soft on Deep Forrest Raceway...

All aids off, ABS - 1 (DS3 used)

Ferrari - 1:12.850
Jaguar - 1:11.768
Ford - 1:10.743

Ford was so much better around the corners because of the weight, which ment it had better grip... During the first lap I made some mistakes, but the lap time was 1:11.967 which was a little slower than Jaguar on a really good lap...

My favourite car by far... left the others in smoke and fire... :sly:

backfire2.jpg
 
BOTH! After all, its what The Stig would purchase.
 
The MK IV is actually a GT40 MK IV of 67.

So if you have already got a GT40 '69, which is a price car, you might want to go for the Ferrari.

The GT40 winning in 1968 and 1969, chassis 1075 was a Mk I.

You can indeed look in the "Car sharing" link in my signature below and borrow it to try!

They also set some records in 69 when they went 1,2,3 won by a lap.
On speed Dave Despain had a show about ford & shelby, ferrari, and le mans.
 
I bought the Ford. Haven't driven the Ferrari but can say the Ford is one of the most beautiful sounding cars in GT. And it drivers like a beast. :)
I had both before the 1M trade rule was enforced. I won the Aspec Historic Cup Race with the Mark IV 1st time out. I used the Mark IV because the 330 P4 did not handle well enough 8-9 months ago.
 
The Ferrari may well not perform as well as the Ford, but if I want a great performing car, I'm quite happy with things such as Tuned F458, ZR1 RM, etc. I'd buy the old race cars because they're beautiful. Or well, two of them are - not the Ford. Personally, I like the Jag best, and won it from the Indy 500. So if I were in your situation, I'd go for the Ferrari.
 
The Ferrari is far better looking though! 👍
 
Ferrari can actually turn and with some gear ratio tuning hit 190 mph
 
Ford is incredible. Adjust the brake balance if you buy it though, too much rotation (too strong rear brakes).
 
Ferrari can actually turn and with some gear ratio tuning hit 190 mph

I've had my Ford over 200mph and it can turn better.
 
The Ford doesn't look good in the Dealership screens you see it in. You really have to walk around the car to appreciate it more.

I agree that the Ferrari looks best IMO. With the GT40 next, then the Muira, then the Jaguar and last, but not least, the Ford MKIV ;)
 
Just so I have a 0 mileage model :)

Lmao, grinding another 20 mil to buy the same car second time just to have 0 mileage. The other day I read about this guy who had bought several X1's just to get them in different color. It is now officially confirmed: GT5 players have mental issues.

just kidding bros, but to answer the question: gt40 mk iv all the way.
 
I got lucky with one of the level tickets and got the ferrari. I find its not too bad. Bit slidey occasionally. But good. Woulda been miffed if I paid for it though..... No car is worth 20 mill
 
I think the Ford has the best lap times but there just something about it i don`t like. Don`t yet know what it is, could be the acceleration i don`t like, but i get more joy out of driving the P4.
And i like the 20.000.000 Jag even more than the P4.

I tested these 3 cars in the new seasonal. So maybe this is not a fair result because I downtuned them. I will test them again, fully tuned at the ring.
 
Took my Mark IV for a drive today on Nurburgring. At night. It was lovely. Hands down I would choose the Mark IV over the 330 P4. Besides, isn't it the Ford that won Le Mans? ;)

Also the sound is beautiful as others have mentioned. Just hearing that classic engine roar. I think it's way better then the 787B. Why do people fall in love with the 787B's sound? It's great, but not that great.

The Mark IV didn't win Le Mans, only the Mark I did. But the V8 does sound lovely. Just listen to the Mark I too!
 
Ferrari can actually turn and with some gear ratio tuning hit 190 mph


Just so you know bone azz stock I can have the Ferarri at 194mph.
 
My Mk. IV, no aftermarket power upgrades, sitting on 520 bhp, can hit 218 mph with no draft or aerodynamic assistance. Turns well, brakes well, but needs brake and full throttle simultaneously to get a decent launch. Overall it's worth more than possible in GT5.
 
The Ferrari may be much lighter, but it slides alot more than the Ford. Plus, you can take the Ford off-road using the now-extinct Eiger W Trail TT glitch. :sly:👍
 
symustafa1996
The Mark IV didn't win Le Mans, only the Mark I did. But the V8 does sound lovely. Just listen to the Mark I too!

According to wikipedia the Mark IV did win Le Mans in 1967. The Mark I won Le Mans in 1968-69, and the mark II won it in 1966
 
Back