Ford Mustang Mach-E

• Thread starter RocZX
  • 286 comments
Mr Goose covered it in his video saying basically that it's not good for every market currently. Apparently Chicago area is one of those places where it's not ideal.

Saw my first one on the road today, in white. It looks amazing. Definitely the best looking EV on the market, way up there with the Ioniq 5, but the American-style Mustang styling is excellent. It straight up looks like a Mustang and is a great argument for making "Mustang" an entire brand, like Bronco, with several different models. I'm imagining a brand that extends from inexpensive sporty cars all the way up to somewhat fancy high performance Mustangs. Sporty SUVs, fastback sedans, coupes, etc. A fastback sedan Mustang would probably look totally sick. Platforms could be shared with Lincoln @Eunos_Cosmo for a more premium feel and performance. An entire line of gas cars and EVs under a Mustang brand, all favoring aggressive styling and performance over efficiency.

Last edited:
From the linked article above:

It’s exciting to see an automaker give a more mainstream vehicle the rally-prep treatment, even if it happens to be an electric SUV. Ford says it intends to offer the Mach-E Rally for sale in both the United States and Europe, with domestic units slated to arrive first. The automaker didn’t put a specific timeline in place as to when we can expect to see these Mach-Es arrive, but more details about the Rally should come shortly.

The Mach-E Rally is coming to the US and Europe!!

1689363131811.png

1689363136851.png

1689363141294.png

Mach-E Rally

1694148747182.png

1694148752478.png

1694148761096.png

1694148768293.png

1694148774956.png

The Ford Mustang Mach-E Rally has been officially revealed by the Michigan-based automaker with a dual-motor all-wheel drive setup, rally-inspired 19-inch white alloy wheels, a raised suspension, and a rear spoiler as standard equipment, among other goodies.

The all-electric crossover that previously made its dynamic debut as a prototype at this year’s Goodwood Festival Of Speed rides on a tweaked suspension that offers 0.78 inch (20 millimeters) of extra ground clearance compared to a Mach-E GT and features specially tuned MagneRide shocks.

Two electric motors – one at the front and one at the rear – offer a combined targeted output of at least 480 horsepower and 650 pound-feet of torque, while the targeted 0 to 60 miles per hour sprint time is 3.5 seconds.

All these specs are currently estimates that might change slightly when the car officially goes on sale in the first half of next year, including the range, which will be around the 250-mile marker, Ford says, thanks to a 91-kilowatt-hour battery pack that can accept DC fast charging at up to 150 kilowatts.

[...]

With a targeted starting MSRP of $65,000 in the United States, the Ford Mustang Mach-E Rally will go into production early next year, with deliveries set to begin shortly after in all of North America and Europe, where the other Mach-E trims are already on sale.

I think the Mach E is awesome. It could be improved sure but I think it lives up to the Mustang name and it looks rad, it looks how a Mustang SUV should look.

But who the hell is going to buy a rally-spec version? Unless you're literally entering a rally competition or rallycross, rallying is not something that people just go do on the weekend in the US. And those tires sure as hell don't have the grip to handle this thing properly on-road. Is this supposed to be some sort of electric STi or something?

As far as CUVs look, I kinda like the rally vibe it's going for. I mean, Ford killed off the Focus and Fiesta for the US market, which also meant no car to use as a rally platform. So, in that idea; I think the Mach-E makes sense.

I think the Mach E is awesome. It could be improved sure but I think it lives up to the Mustang name and it looks rad, it looks how a Mustang SUV should look.

But who the hell is going to buy a rally-spec version? Unless you're literally entering a rally competition or rallycross, rallying is not something that people just go do on the weekend in the US. And those tires sure as hell don't have the grip to handle this thing properly on-road. Is this supposed to be some sort of electric STi or something?
I think you are undervaluing how much people really want to look like they do cool stuff. A rally car for the road? Of course people want to be seen in that. Unless it is so severely compromised (it isn't) to achieve the rally image, I think these will be very popular. I mean, the Raptor sells like hotcakes and I bet nobody really pushes those to the limits.

I think this is actually a pretty cool concept. I'm getting RC car vibes.

Last edited:
Just by the pics, looks more capable than a RAV4, Tuscan and CR-V. Can’t be bad for the EV Contingent.

the Raptor sells like hotcakes and I bet nobody really pushes those to the limits.
To the limits, not often, but Raptors are basically the ultimate overland rig currently. Whether people do it or not, the truck is capable enough to strap gear to it and go camping for the weekend up in the mountains and not really care about how rugged the terrain gets. And do it slowly. This Mach E Rally thing can't do that.

And as for capability @05XR8 we've never gotten a true test of the Mach E's capability from Driving Sports or TFL, but we don't really need one because TFL's slip test revealed that the standard Mach E's default traction control programming is pretty miserable, notably worse than most ICE crossovers' mechanical systems. Notably worse that the Model Y's also, a car which appears to default to rwd while the Mach E does not, and which doesn't appear to have any sort of motorsport or rally aspirations yet somehow would work much better.

This is a matter of programming, sure, but often OEMs choose their programming not based on ultimate performance but based on their durability plan. They don't want to have to be replacing components under warranty so their options are either program it to work and overbuild the parts, which costs money, or program it for preservation and underbuild parts. The choice is easy from a dollars standpoint.

Odd, given how good the Bronco Sport and Maverick Tremor are when it comes to off-road traction control. Still not as good or as overbuilt as Toyota trucks, but actually better than Toyota CUVs.

Those tyres plus the raised ride height mean it would at least be pretty good in the snow. It has that going for it.

To the limits, not often, but Raptors are basically the ultimate overland rig currently. Whether people do it or not, the truck is capable enough to strap gear to it and go camping for the weekend up in the mountains and not really care about how rugged the terrain gets. And do it slowly. This Mach E Rally thing can't do that.

And as for capability @05XR8 we've never gotten a true test of the Mach E's capability from Driving Sports or TFL, but we don't really need one because TFL's slip test revealed that the standard Mach E's default traction control programming is pretty miserable, notably worse than most ICE crossovers' mechanical systems. Notably worse that the Model Y's also, a car which appears to default to rwd while the Mach E does not, and which doesn't appear to have any sort of motorsport or rally aspirations yet somehow would work much better.

This is a matter of programming, sure, but often OEMs choose their programming not based on ultimate performance but based on their durability plan. They don't want to have to be replacing components under warranty so their options are either program it to work and overbuild the parts, which costs money, or program it for preservation and underbuild parts. The choice is easy from a dollars standpoint.

Odd, given how good the Bronco Sport and Maverick Tremor are when it comes to off-road traction control. Still not as good or as overbuilt as Toyota trucks, but actually better than Toyota CUVs.

Oh, I’m saying I don’t care if it can do what it looks like it’s doing in the pics. It just looks more capable than a RAV-4. Be that it looks sporty over a RAV-4.
When I used to sell Toyotas, customers wanted to know if they could take their RAV-4 to the dunes like Land Cruisers and Prados. So, it’s just people that see the Mach-E Rally and take note of the “Rally” part kind of literally. I mean, the Mach-E Rally is kicking up rocks. I’m sure a RAV-4 can kick up rocks, but with half the horsepower and about five seconds slower.

I don't even get what you are trying to argue against or what point you are trying to make.

I don't even get what you are trying to argue against or what point you are trying to make.
There is no evidence the Mach E will make a competent off-roader because the standard car's torque vectoring TCS is ass.

Ford seems to be facing off Tesla in head-on price war as the Mustang Mach-E competes for the title of best-selling EV. Despite past increases, Ford is slashing the price of the Mach-E by up to $8,100 and will offer 0% financing. This allows the Mustang Mach-E to start below $40,000 (and even less after EV tax credits), and the range-topping GT Performance trim price at $57,000.

Back