Ford SportKa 2003

Ford%20Sportka%202003%2001.jpg
Ford%20Sportka%202003%2002.jpg

It's a fast Little runner, the Sportka :)

Powertrain: 1597 cc , Inline-4 , 95 hp / 5500 rpm , 135 Nm / 4250 rpm , 5-speed manual

Dimensions: Length 3650 mm , Width 1640 mm , Height 1436 mm , Weight 944 kg

Performance: Top speed 174 km/h , 0-100 km/h 9,2 sec

Last edited:
The Sport Ka has more muscle than the original Ka and I hope it now has 100+HP.
I'm keen to see if they do a Sport version of the current generation Ka. I'm not a fan of the looks of the new one, but if Ford decided to do a sportier version, I suspect I'll take one for a test drive :sly:
I can understand that :) Ford do fun cars at all :D
It's the first and only car I've owned that broke the 100BHP per ton ratio. From 0-30mph, it would keep up with my friend's 190BHP Celica, much to his upset. Fantastic little car, great gearbox (although awful on the motorway, too much cabin noise), lightweight and very agile. There aren't enough cars on the market like this now, manufacturers seem to make each successive generation less engaging. I'm a big fan of stripped back cars :)

{Cy}

The name of the car makes sense now.

Ford Ka = Ford Car
Ford Sport Ka= Ford Sport Car
Ford Street Ka= Ford Street Car (isn't a streetcar supposed to be like a train or something?)

I really hate the Ka currently in the game right now because of how docile it looks. It's a lump of car, nothing else. But this... This looks like a blast to drive. With a GT6 turbo and N20 kit I bet you could get it to 450 km/h :P

The name of the car makes sense now.

Ford Ka = Ford Car
Ford Sport Ka= Ford Sport Car
Ford Street Ka= Ford Street Car (isn't a streetcar supposed to be like a train or something?)
@hsv pretty much summed it up. The SportKa is indeed the sporty version of the normal Ka. The StreetKa, I'm guessing, is just a play on the expression 'Street', as in it's cool. The StreetKa is an awful car though, having gone through the normal process that a car does when it has its roof chopped off, it's a good lot heavier than the Sport and as such loses the benefits of the uprated engine, tyres, suspension, etc that the Sport has over the regular Ka.
I really hate the Ka currently in the game right now because of how docile it looks. It's a lump of car, nothing else. But this... This looks like a blast to drive. With a GT6 turbo and N20 kit I bet you could get it to 450 km/h :P
The Ka in the game is the original launch car, and I think the model is broken as well. I'd be happy if they added the later models that at least had colour codes bumpers and of course I'd love PD to make it drive like it does in real life. The regular 1.3 Ka is a hoot to drive as it is, obviously the Sport with its 1.6 engine and fantastic gearbox adds to the go-kart like handling, making it the awesome little motor it is.

Ford has the technology and the know-how to make a real good Sport version of the current model, I just can't see them doing it, with the way manufacturers these days chase MPG and CO2 figures, plus I doubt they'd want to take sales away for the Fiesta ST-2, which looks set to become a legendary car itself...

{Cy}

hsv
By the way, I'm a huge Ford and Ka fan.
Me too, I'm on my second one and I'll be purchasing my third as soon as I've finished the house 👍

Have you seen what you can pick up a low mileage SportKa for now? Honestly, every time I catch myself looking at them on Autotrader, I have to tell myself 'Fiesta ST, Fiesta ST ... Fiesta ST!!" :lol:

{Cy}

@hsv pretty much summed it up. The SportKa is indeed the sporty version of the normal Ka. The StreetKa, I'm guessing, is just a play on the expression 'Street', as in it's cool. The StreetKa is an awful car though, having gone through the normal process that a car does when it has its roof chopped off, it's a good lot heavier than the Sport and as such loses the benefits of the uprated engine, tyres, suspension, etc that the Sport has over the regular Ka.

The Ka in the game is the original launch car, and I think the model is broken as well. I'd be happy if they added the later models that at least had colour codes bumpers and of course I'd love PD to make it drive like it does in real life. The regular 1.3 Ka is a hoot to drive as it is, obviously the Sport with its 1.6 engine and fantastic gearbox adds to the go-kart like handling, making it the awesome little motor it is.

Ford has the technology and the know-how to make a real good Sport version of the current model, I just can't see them doing it, with the way manufacturers these days chase MPG and CO2 figures, plus I doubt they'd want to take sales away for the Fiesta ST-2, which looks set to become a legendary car itself...

{Cy}

You're right about that 1.3 liter, that was the launching car and it had a very old engine.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's a "kent" engine although with "edura-e" written on it, with the camshaft in the engine block. It was very, very economical, but just as slow.

Mine has a smaller engine, only 1-liter, but it comes from the Zetec family, and has more power than the old 1.3-liter endura. When I bought my car new, 9 years ago, I was going for the stripped 1.6-liter version (called "Action" here in Brazil), with no power steering or electric windows/locks, but I arrived a bit late and they ran out of that version that day, so I went for the 1-liter, sadly.

I considered this car at one point. My first car was a Ford Fiesta with the same awful 1.3 engine as mentioned in the article and I wanted something that could actually overtake something quicker than a milk cart. Plus I thought it looked pretty damn good with its perfectly proportioned little frame.

But there was just something a little bit terrifying about the old SportKa that put me off... I think after experiencing the shoddy brakes on the Fiesta and the general exposed feeling I got driving it. That the idea of so "much" power in this tin can of a car was just a bit off putting.

Decent, would you take this or a Corsa C? :D

The Corsa C is in a different segment (Fiesta sized) and different league to the Ka. I would take the C any day, and many others did with it being the best selling supermini for nearly all the years it was produced. SRi would eat this for breakfast!

I do have a soft spot for the StreetKa though, mainly because Kylie Minogue rolled all over it :sly:

I think the Ford Ka is a horrific car, the normal version in GT is It's already enough, i don't like and i don't vote sorry.

I had the brazilian version of it: the Ka XR. Same engine, same specs, different details (front bumper is simpler, with two intakes on the sides of the license plate, Puma wheels). Truly delicious to drive on its limits, absolute riot on the twisties. Most fun EVER with lift-off oversteer and taking turn on just three wheels. Loved it to death!
Q0YXo3L.jpg

Decent, would you take this or a Corsa C? :D
No prizes for guessing which I'd take. Main reason being rustproofing (Corsa C's are surprisingly decent when it comes to corrosion protection!) and looks. Although as @Robin said they're in a different segment.

I've driven a couple of Ka's over the years and they honestly felt a bit flimsy. A Suzuki Swift retains that go-kart handling without the feeling that it'll fall apart... or rust... petrol filler cap anyone?

The Corsa C has terrible steering (electric rack and lacks feel) compared to the Ka though. It's secure enough but it just doesn't have much feel to it. I reckon if the power steering module were removed and the steering was needlessly heavy it'd be an absolute hoot!

Any Ka would eat my Corsa for breakfast though - 1-litre 3-cylinder engine being the culprit.

Back