Formula 1 2021-2022 Off-Season and Mid-season break threadFormula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 767 comments
Nelson Piquet - whose daughter is Max Verstappen's girlfriend - has apparently been revealed calling Lewis Hamilton a "little ******" during an interview back in November 2021 (but published in March), just over a week before 2021 Brazilian Grand Prix.

You can pretty much guess which word he has been quoted as using, so I'll just post the original CNN Brasil link (in Portuguese, of course) and you can mentally translate it yourself.

CNN has "contacted" Piquet for comment. The original video is here, but is naturally also in Portuguese:

Oh, quick reminder. Piquet's bestest bud in the world is Roberto Pupo Moreno. Moreno was one of the stewards officiating the 2021 Brazilian Grand Prix, when they didn't see anything wrong with a move so obviously wrong that the FIA has now specifically codified it rather than leaving any room for interpretation.

Imagine that.

Oh, quick reminder. Piquet's bestest bud in the world is Roberto Pupo Moreno. Moreno was one of the stewards officiating the 2021 Brazilian Grand Prix, when they didn't see anything wrong with a move so obviously wrong that the FIA has now specifically codified it rather than leaving any room for interpretation.

Imagine that.
It all makes sense now!

Piquet has always been a 🤬. Hopefully a very strong stance is taken by F1... unless their "philanthropy is the future of marketing" messages are completely hollow.

Last edited:
Nelson Piquet - whose daughter is Max Verstappen's girlfriend - has apparently been revealed calling Lewis Hamilton a "little ******" during an interview back in November 2021 (but published in March), just over a week before 2021 Brazilian Grand Prix.

You can pretty much guess which word he has been quoted as using, so I'll just post the original CNN Brasil link (in Portuguese, of course) and you can mentally translate it yourself.

CNN has "contacted" Piquet for comment. The original video is here, but is naturally also in Portuguese:

Imagine that.

The bias shown to Lewis last year was unrelenting and blatant, very likely exacerbated by racism. Stopped watching F1 this year it's just contrived entertainment rather than genuine competition.

The bias shown to Lewis last year was unrelenting and blatant, very likely exacerbated by racism. Stopped watching F1 this year it's just contrived entertainment rather than genuine competition.
Hahaha
luke-sky-walker.gif

Uh oh, looks like Rodrigo Piquet chimed in on IG with a picture of his grandma stating, “she called all of us [racial slur], it’s not about what it is, it’s about LOVE! ******* hypocritical world.”

And then Kelley Piquet was caught liking it.

Would share the post but language obviously.

Last edited:
Please feel free to elucidate on why F1 isn't contrived, no doubt you wont be able to respond because of your NDA...
You're the one who's brought up the rabid mouth-frothing theory, not me. Prove to me how everything that has happened is bias towards Hamilton, bearing in mind "Abu Dhabi Safety Car" will be an instant loss for every point you try to make.

Uh oh, looks like Rodrigo Piquet chimed in on IG with a picture of his grandma stating, “she called all of us [racial slur], it’s not about what it is, it’s about LOVE! ******* hypocritical world.”

And then Kelley Piquet was caught liking it.

Would share the post but language obviously.
Why apologize when you can through granny under the bus :confused:. No surprise his insta is private now, apparently he's blocking people too.

If you google his name, reddit has the post. I'm sure it's making it's rounds on twitter as well.

Max would be wise to dump Kelly and distance himself from that family.

Why apologize when you can through granny under the bus :confused:. No surprise his insta is private now, apparently he's blocking people too.

If you google his name, reddit has the post. I'm sure it's making it's rounds on twitter as well.

Max would be wise to dump Kelly and distance himself from that family.
Red Bulls silence on the matter speaks volumes. Someone at the hypercar launch today at Red Bull HQ suggested they won't be making a statement.

Maybe Nelson is from a different generation, I understand from Brazilian people I know, racism is quite present in Brazil.
Lewis isn’t the most likable person and what he did last year in Silverstone was simply bad.
Publishing this before the British GP, whilst this is from November is remarkable and probably is meant to put Verstappen/RedBull under pressure.

All might be true and people will use all of the above pro or against, but racism is just bad. I don’t care who you are, where your from or whatever the reason.
I am pretty sure we won’t see Nelson on a F1 grid. Rightly so.

Last edited:
Red Bulls silence on the matter speaks volumes. Someone at the hypercar launch today at Red Bull HQ suggested they won't be making a statement.
No surprises there. I can see their angle given the Piquets aren’t directly connected to Red Bull, but at least release something that says you condemn racism. Especially given that they just had to deal with Vips for the same issue.

Why on Earth would Red Bull need to apologize for something that someone that has nothing to do with Red Bull has done? It's literally just the father in law of one of their employees. Not even an actual family member.

Ah no, but wait, it's Red Bull and Verstappen, it's definitely their fault this happened.

Case in point:

Max would be wise to dump Kelly and distance himself from that family

Apparently this is not about a former world champion saying something disgustingly racist, which on it's own is enough of a scandal and emblematic of major problems in F1 and (motor)sport as a whole. No, this has to somehow be connected to the big meanies who stole Hamilton's eighth championship.

Last edited:
Why on Earth would Red Bull need to apologize for something that someone that has nothing to do with Red Bull has done? It's literally just the father in law of one of their employees. Not even an actual family member.

Ah no, but wait, it's Red Bull and Verstappen, it's definitely their fault this happened.

Case in point:

Apparently this is not about a former world champion saying something disgustingly racist, which on it's own is enough of a scandal and emblematic of major problems in F1 and (motor)sport as a whole. No, this has to somehow be connected to the big meanies who stole Hamilton's eighth championship.
No ones talking about fault and no one is asking them to apologize for the cretin, but burying your head in the sand doesn't win many favours with anyone. Aston Martin, Mclaren, Ferrari, Mercedes, F1, the FIA, all have spoken out and condemned it. Whether you like it or not, Red Bull have involvement with the family via the driver whose fans are notorious for targeted bullying and harassment of Hamilton. To not speak out against racism and stand with the other teams in this situation is not a good look at all.

Case in point:

Actually mine was about endemic corruption and racism in the sport, and I didn't mention any team or driver.

Nelson Piquet apparently has no problem with just saying racist things on camera to a journalist with reference to an active driver. If he's okay doing that, imagine how okay he is with expressing even worse to his best friend (and how okay his best friend is with that; tough to be best friends with someone who's an obnoxious racist if you aren't also one)... who is an F1 steward. And the god-father of a different active driver's girlfriend (and mother of his child).

This interview took place just over a week before the racist's best friend made such a piss-poor call (twice) about an incident that involved the driver he's directly connected to and a non-white driver in favour of the driver he's directly connected to that the FIA made a new rule about it to make sure it wasn't allowed again. The timing is at the least... interesting.

That he's allowed to be a steward at all, with the obvious conflict of interest that he might have to make calls about a driver he might favour through personal relationships, is a symptom of the corruption endemic in the sport. The fact he's been the best bud of a 69-year old racist for 50 years strongly suggests he's okay with racism too - which should at least raise the question of suitability to call incidents with any driver where race could come into his decision.

But you go off, I guess.

Last edited:
Max would be wise to dump Kelly and distance himself from that family
:lol: How did we get here? Max distancing himself from scandals has something to with last year’s championship?

It’s always funny when the Max fans moan about people being biased. Pot, meet kettle.

Actually mine was about endemic corruption and racism in the sport, and I didn't mention any team or driver.

Nelson Piquet apparently has no problem with just saying racist things on camera to a journalist with reference to an active driver. If he's okay doing that, imagine how okay he is with expressing even worse to his best friend (and how okay his best friend is with that; tough to be best friends with someone who's an obnoxious racist if you aren't also one)... who is an F1 steward. And the god-father of a different active driver's girlfriend (and mother of his child).

This interview took place just over a week before the racist's best friend made such a piss-poor call (twice) about an incident that involved the driver he's directly connected to and a non-white driver in favour of the driver he's directly connected to that the FIA made a new rule about it to make sure it wasn't allowed again. The timing is at the least... interesting.

That he's allowed to be a steward at all, with the obvious conflict of interest that he might have to make calls about a driver he might favour through personal relationships, is a symptom of the corruption endemic in the sport. The fact he's been the best bud of a 69-year old racist for 50 years strongly suggests he's okay with racism too - which should at least raise the question of suitability to call incidents with any driver where race could come into his decision.

But you go off, I guess.
Firstly, that steward is Piquet's friend and not his puppet. Whether he himself is racist or not, that decision wasn't in any way made by Piquet himself. Piquet was not a steward there. And if Piquet did try to influence him, it certainly won't have been solely because of racism but also because of the fact that his son in law would stand to benefit from that. But in that case (and I don't think that is likely to have happened) the main problem would've been a corrupt steward. In any case, that steward was still only one of four and I doubt that he managed to convince the other three to be racist as well.

Secondly, Verstappen is only one of 16 white drivers on the current grid (if you count Albon as Asian). If Hamilton is targeted by racist stewards, this has to also favor other drivers than just Verstappen (unless this guy is the only racist steward in the last fifteen years). If that is true, I really don't see why Verstappen and this one decision have to be brought up here. Especially since Piquet wasn't actually in charge there. Potentially racist stewards are a different story (though related, because of systematic racism), corrupt stewards are too.

Last edited:

But you go off, I guess.
Where is your proof? Where are the facts?

Otherwise this is just trolling behavior.

rsh
Where is your proof? Where are the facts?
Where is my proof of what? Piquet being a racist? Check out the video I posted, second down on this page.

Piquet being bestest buds with Roberto Pupo Moreno? It's about as widely known as it gets - he's Kelly's god-father.

Moreno making a piss-poor call at Brazil in 2021? It's in the stewarding decisions for that race, and the appeal against the decision.

The FIA changing the rule and making it clear the call was piss-poor by mandating the decision is the other way round? Was announced in the 2022 sporting regs.

What else do you need?

rsh
Otherwise this is just trolling behavior.
Just because you don't like it doesn't make it trolling. Grow up and discuss the topic or go somewhere else.
Firstly, that steward is Piquet's friend and not his puppet. Whether he himself is racist or not
He's literally the best friend of someone who feels so free to be racist that he does it openly on camera to a journalist. Imagine what he's like in private with his best mate of 50 years - unless you think he's just spontaneously, aged 69, come out with the big guns of racism and has never been racist before in his life.

You don't stay the best friend of an unabashed racist for 50+ years if you are not willing to excuse racist behaviour. And that's racism.

In addition to the fact he clearly has a conflict of interests because another active driver is banging his god-daughter (I thought they had a kid recently too, but I must have misheard).

The fact he didn't recuse himself and the fact that the FIA didn't prohibit him is symptomatic of the racism and corruption in the sport.

If Hamilton is targeted by racist stewards, this has to also favor other drivers than just Verstappen (unless this guy is the only racist steward in the last fifteen years)
Yes. It also means other non-white drivers are also targetted. Which... means you're agreeing with me.

The fact he favoured his god-daughter's boyfriend in an incident with a non-white driver twice - a call so bad that the FIA specifically changed the rule to penalise the driver in his god-daughter's boyfriend's position - could be racism, or nepotism, or both. Either way he shouldn't have been there to make the call.

I don't really care what colour the car is or who's driving it. We shouldn't have guys making decisions about incidents when they have a conflict of interest and they associate with racists.

Last edited:

Red Bull have condemned all racist abuse in a statement regarding the termination of Juri Vips contract as test and reserve driver.

You're the one who's brought up the rabid mouth-frothing theory, not me. Prove to me how everything that has happened is bias towards Hamilton, bearing in mind "Abu Dhabi Safety Car" will be an instant loss for every point you try to make.
Instant loss for every point you try to make, not at all mouth frothing ho ho.
Don't dodge the question why is F1 not contrived? I specifically mentioned the Ferrari NDA. How about how the money is shared between the teams? It cannot be denied there is racial bias in F1 all the way through it (hardly any black drivers, engineers & zero team bosses or stewards).
You cannot defend the sport that has had to bring in reforms to make it more diverse because of systemic racism. The race director has been changed for a reason, it was not for excelling in his role.

It cannot be denied there is racial bias in F1 all the way through it (hardly any black drivers, engineers & zero team bosses or stewards).
I don't disagree with you, but this is something that is sadly indicative of top-level motorsports as a whole, not just F1. That being said, F1 is distinctly bad about actually doing something about it, as @Famine has highlighted.

Couple Twitter reports seem hinting Piquet's access to the paddock could be revoked & himself banned unless he apologizes. But, others have chimed in that it's not like Piquet would probably care.

Back