Formula 1 Aramco Gran Premio De España 2020Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 229 comments
Superior dominant victory of Hamilton. Gap with Max 23 secs (ouch...) Nothing more in the RB16 today. But #2 thanks to a poop start of Bottas.
Midfield race was enjoyable.

Up to Spa!

So, preemptively typing this because I doubt the order is going to change significantly over the next 4 laps.

Hamilton: Once again, drove a masterclass of a race and took the win. I'm not gonna say it's easy for him, because it's not easy to drive these cars, but he does make it look that way. At this point it's his championship to lose.

Verstappen: Also drove a solid race and was able to keep it together for an excellent 2nd place. That being said, it'd be great if his car was as fast as the Merc. I do think Max has the ability to challenge Hamilton, he just needs a good enough ride.

Bottas: Ughhhhhh, you're making it hard for me to root for you man! Had a really bad start and seemed to make no real effort to close the gap. Should've finished at least 2nd.

RP: Just gonna mash Perez & Stroll together, because both drove pretty similar races. Good effort for both, really solidifying that they have the 3rd-best car this season.

Mclaren: Meh. Sainz battling Albon was cool, but nothing really noteworthy for them. Good double-points finish today.

Albon: Dude...I don't get how he got held up by a McLaren. Again, I wanna root for you, but....damn.

Vettel: Solid finish, was left out to dry by his team. Nothing else to say, really. Only real contender for driver of the day, imo.

Biggest loser: The fans. While I'm normally just happy to watch racing, and I'm enjoying watching Mercedes smash the record books every round, even I have to admit that this was a complete snoozer of a race, all the way up-and-down the grid. Not even the midfield produced that much action, which is unusual.

iZsXja5.png

In other news, shoutouts to Valtteri Bottas for being on course to finish third in a two-horse race. Nico Rosberg looks more and more legit by the day.

I didn't see Kvyat blue flag incident, but Perez's penalty seemed a bit over the top. Nobody was close to Hamilton? at that point.

Did he hold him up beforehand?

Back