Formula 1 BWT Grosser Preis Von Österreich 2021Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 213 comments
Claiming inconsistent application is a cop out.
How so? The reality is that drivers are only sometimes penalised for this move, and sometimes they are not. That is inconsistent application.
It either is a penalty or not.
Yet sometimes it's penalised, and sometimes it is not. Again, that is inconsistent application.

Here is what Palmer was talking about. Verstappen forces Leclerc off the track, no penalty.

Last edited:
I hope he gets another penalty, I hate the way these guys just constantly push the car on the outside off track. This happens all the time.

10 second penalty (if they apply another one) to Checo would still leave him in the points as of now.

Theyre giving penalties away like mad today, just need 6 or 7 five second penalties for max and valteri can reign supreme rofl

Last edited:
How so? The reality is that drivers are only sometimes penalised for this move, and sometimes they are not. That is inconsistent application.
It's a cop out because if you assess a penalty or not based on some prior decisions and circumstances dilutes the facts of the legality of the move. Is this move legal? If no, then its a penalty.

in fairness, I take your point. It's easy to conflate scenarios and stick with the rule. Body contact, pushing drivers off the track, and providing space are all elements of the rules, legislating these situations.

It's always hard to tell, but you get more consistency by looking at the elements of the rules, not just subjective prior events. Yes, it's great to look at precedent. However, inconsistent application doesn't provide a good solid precedent to build upon. If a new precedent exists, then change the rule/elements of the rule.

So that's 20 or 25 seconds worth of penalties? Unsure if Checo got the 2nd penalty.

Edit: Checo got another one for turn 6.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back